Mystery of the Myth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pain. The only sensation he knew. He was drowning in it. He fought his way free of the clutching darkness. There was something important he had to return to. As he slowly made his way back to the waking world, the first thing he was aware of was something warm wrapped around him, then something wet dripping onto him. Finally, he was able to open his eyes. He blinked slowly up at Flutter's crying face, her tears soaking into his feathers. Flutter? You're okay. I'm glad. His voice, even telepathically, was soft and weak. A throbbing pain completely unrelated to the wounds he had gotten still coursed through him. Although it had been his only option, transforming while he was badly injured was dangerous. He let his head rest against her chest, unconsciousness clutching at him again.

The weakness in his voice bothered her at an abnormally high amount. Even if she was touched by the background of them, she had a natural concern in regards to it- both as a physician and a friend. She kept her arms coiled around his feathery form carefully, not wanting to squeeze too tightly. She'd done all she could medically, but she was certain that staying out there was likely not the safest of ideas.

Carefully, she carried him to trek back towards her house, vaguely remembering the general direction they'd gone in when he'd carried her. When she was tired, she found a small cove to shelter them, and laid him down to double check his wounds and vital signs. "Astor...Don't die. Please don't die...I can dress your wounds and keep them from infection, but that's all I can do for you at this point..."

Many times, Astor tried to fight free of unconsciousness, but as weak as he was, it was a slow process. He finally woke up, noticing first that he was cooler than before. He looked around slowly, trying not to aggravate his wounds too much. Whatever Flutter had done for his pain had helped to a degree. The pain was not just a dull ache. Flutter? Where are we?

"Ah...You're awake! Thank goodness!" She smiled with relief, hugging him gently without putting too much stress on him- her arms were weakly linked around his frame. "I can't figure out our exact route home, let alone one that would be easy to travel in the current situation. This is a nearby cavern I found...I've been keeping you here to treat your wounds more properly, and to help you rest. I was just about to make a fire- it's getting a tad chilly, isn't it? It'd be especially bad for you to catch a cold now in a weakened state."

He let the warmth of her body seep into him. Sorry, if I had known this was going to happen I wouldnt have brought us out so far. He was pretty sure he would still be able to help get them back home, even in his state. I can get us home, but its a bit of a walk I'm afraid. He looked up at her, ​will you be okay?

She shook her head when he apologized, hugging him still, trying to add extra to the body heat exchange. "It's not your fault. You didn't know...I'm just glad you're okay. I was afraid you wouldn't wake up..." She nuzzled against him lightly, letting her relief and gentle nature out again. "I don't think you should move around too much just yet. If you can tell me the way, I'll carry you for now until you're fully healed. Okay?"

You cant get rid of me that easily, he replied wryly. Besides, I dont think I could move if I wanted to. I can talk you through the forest. He gave her the directions she needed to get back home as they continued along. It was a long trip, but he didnt mind. Held like he was, he was able to relax even just a little, and the herbs to stem the pain was a big relief.

Keep going straight. The house is just beyond the trees up there. Finally, home was in sight. He was ready to just sleep the month away if he could.

Status
Not open for further replies.