My cat just passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hatsune Candy

Original poster
1914459_1226021327800_4311377_n_zps4gwojaen.jpg
B04BFDD8-1370-445D-8F90-E2F7A2C8C20E_zpsmcvbukbz.jpg

The other day my parents took our cat, Jinx, to the vet because he wasn't doing so well. He had stopped eating, become slow and unresponsive, and was barely able to walk. I just got the news today that he didn't make it. His kidney's burst and that was that. Jinx was an old cat, we took him in as a stray over 10 years ago and he was maybe 1-3 years old at the time. It was only inevitable that we would lose him sooner or later.

Honestly, though, I can hardly believe that he's gone. I spent most of my teenage years with him to keep me company, I don't think I would've made it through without him. The house feels so empty without Jinx around, I'm half expecting to still find him hiding out in one of his usual spots. I miss him so much, things just aren't the same without him around.

• Love
Reactions: Fluffy and Dervish
Losing a pet is one of the worst things ever. Sorry for your loss. :(

• Thank You
Reactions: Hatsune Candy
May he rest easy with the other pets, past the rainbow bridge.

• Thank You
tumblr_inline_nidiljkt6Z1r6ih7v.gif

I'm sorry for your loss :( I know what it's like to lose a pet and it's just as painful as losing a loved one :(

• Thank You
Thank you all so much for the support, it's certainly a lot more than what I was expecting. Don't worry about me, I'm sure I'll be fine; I just need some time to cope with the loss.

We'll be burying Jinx in the backyard later today, right next to where our dog's grave is. Those two used to really like playing with each other, so it's only fitting. In the meantime I'm just flipping through some old photo albums of him, trying to relive some of the memories.

I'm sorry for your loss, losing a pet is a terrible thing to experience. :(

• Thank You
I am very sorry for your loss I get that I lost it when my cat died and when my ex took my babies. so I understand Condolences dear.

• Thank You
So sorry for your loss, as everyone stated losing a pet is just as devastating as losing a human family member. May he rest in peace and chase all the mice he wants in the afterlife.

• Thank You
It's never easy to say goodbye to family. Here's to Jinx and I hope he's found the big boxfort in the sky!

• Love
Oh I'm sure he has, he really loved to hang out in boxes; you couldn't leave a box of any kind lying around for more than 5 minutes without him jumping in it.

11988350_943343362375998_1438148607035791272_n_zpsoso2vmeb.jpg

That's adorable! Happiest I ever saw my parents' cat was inside of a big TV box. You'd think you'd given them a gold plated yacht or something.

Jinx looked like he was a wonderful kitty, just keep on pulling up pictures and videos because even though he had to say goodbye, it doesn't mean he's truly gone. I'd like to think wherever we end up in the end, we get to say hello and play with all our pets again. :)

• Love
I'm so sorry for little Jinx. I've lost a cat before, so I know what it is like. It's really lonely losing a pet. I hope you can cherish the memories you've had, and find the strength to move on. Hang in there.

• Thank You
Status
Not open for further replies.