My cat is very sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
Please forgive typos, on a cell and don't catch themas easily.

Today is my cat Molly's 13th birthday. She was doing fine up until now. Typically she's full of energy and happy but now she's lethargic, and almost unresponsive. She had diarrhea all over the bathroom floor, just could not make it to the box.

She's made it to my bed but she's getting worse and worse.

I am scared at this point if I will wake and she has died overnight, I feel so helpless. I get my check tomorrow, but I fear it may be too late to save her. I don't know what to do.

Considering you've already called a vet, there's mostly making it through the night. Make sure she gets plenty of water, place a bowl close to her and if needed turn up the heat so that she can sleep in room temperature. The former cause diarrhoea is dehydration and the latter to save her energy.

For yourself, make sure you eat and sleep well. Stress takes a toll and impairs your ability to think and act, but can also be transferable. Focusing on what could happen is, cold as it sounds and as difficult it is not to, a waste of time. Distract yourself. Play a game. Immerse in a book. Do meditation. Get some peace of mind in order make a better night's sleep and save your energy for tomorrow.

I'm really sorry such a hard time is falling on you. I personally would take the cat in ASAP. It'll be expensive but those vets will be able to tell you right away how sick she really is and what path you may need to take. A sick pet is so hard to deal with, so heart breaking and so stressful. I know this all to well, I seem to collect cats that send me to the animal hospital in the middle of the night. They seem like serious enough signs to take her in, her age also shows you that it may also be some bigger hidden issue that has been pretty much hiding until now. If she was just showing signs of being tried, I'd say watch her behavior for the next few days, but at this point getting to the vet as soon as possible is the best course of action.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Update: Molly made it through the night. She spent the day at the vet, she drank cleaner and got her stomach pumped.

She will be no worse for the toil.

Thank you to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.