Dismiss Notice

There's something afoot! A new event arrives in October so remember, bigger isn't always better!

Most Life-Changing Experience?

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Flaremon, Apr 9, 2010.

1. "But your so wet." He replied as he took another lick.

2. As stupid as it sounds, I started watching Sailor Moon. x____X I loved the show so much I got on the internet to find out more about it. From there I joined my first chat community. Through that one tiny little thing, it connected me with people that eventually became my best friends, lovers, family. Helped me get through suicidal years, build up a sense of selfworth and confidence, supported me during some of the worse years of my life and provided me with some of the best. Took me from a poisonous situation and helped me get somewhere better!

I seriously don't believe I would be alive right now had that not happened. .__. I'm now really happy and have a bright future! Thanks Sailor Moon! :D

Otherwise, a lot of stuff that happened when I was 14 also had a huge life-impact on me. I won't mention some of it, but that was my freshman year in highschool. c___c My uncle died from Aids that year, we had a lot of bad family drama, some health problems. I met influential people, that still have effect on me today. 14/15 were really rough years.

• Like Like x 1
  3. For me, it was when I was sent to a Level 5 school after I got into a really bad fight in middle school where I slammed a kids head against a tailgate.

That school taught me a lot about self restraint, and about thinking beyond the moment. Had it not been for the life lessons I learned in that institution, I could very well be in prison or dead right now.

It also taught me that it's ok to think about myself some of the times, and that I shouldn't spend my entire life trying to help everyone else because I'll just end up burning myself out, and end up as miserable as some of the people I help.

4. Oh, yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I always tried helping people before Secondary 3, before I hit 15, and I ended up being bullied for being a noseybody. In fact, I ended up much worse than the people I tried helping.

So, I gave up. Survival of the fittest. People didn't look out much for me during those times anyway.