Mortal Kombat : The Next Generation!

T

TheFoxMaiden

Original poster
At the beginning of time, only two beings existed. The Elder Gods which were deities of the universe, and the other the one being. Who is considered to be the origin of all realms. This one being began to drain power from the Elder Gods. Which angered them to a point of making six weapons called the Kamidogu. In the wrong hands the weapons could threaten the very existence of the universe. By using these weapons the Elder Gods split the one being into six pieces. However, one of each weapon got lost into the separate pieces. Eventually these pieces became realms. Life began to grow on each.
The crown jewel of the realms was the
Earthrealm. Which became a constant target of conquest. At one point in time it was guarded by the thunder god Raiden, but now it is open for new threats to take hold of this important universal power node. The year now being 2050 only one species steps up to protect the world in Mortal Kombat. Only the champion of the humans can determine the fate. Despite their large amount of courage the species of human is at a disadvantage. Never becoming adept to magic, they must make up their faults with extraordinary skill in hand to hand combat.
While the
Earthrealm is based on honor, other realms are not as lenient. The
Netherrealm could be closely considered to what the humans believed to be hell. Being made up of multiple different layers. No living creature has been proven to emerge from its depths. Most that do compete in Mortal Kombat are demons who cloak their appearances as humans. Foul evil creatures using the abilities of dark magic. With such powers come a price. These beings are considered squishy and evasive. Some can become very skilled in hand to hand combat, but lack conviction.
Not far off from the Netherrealm is
Outworld
. Still another uncaring realm, wishing only to conquer all realms. Many times rulers of this world has tried to ruin the Earthrealm, but failed miserably in every attempt. Only the champion of the species of Cryomancers may enter. This particular species has a natural affinity with ice abilities. Making them hard opponents. Their hand to hand combat is skilled, and their ability with ice can be unpredictable. However, their extremely conceded. Letting their egos lead their victories could be unwise, but a useful advantage to their enemy. Though, some can fall on either side. Their champion could save realms or choose to take them.
One of the stranger realms is the
Orderrealm. This realm prides itself with structure. A rule like this makes life and death least of their worries. Everything must be in order and organized. Life it self if not worth the trouble of worry, neither is other realms futures. The only reason the Seidans would compete is for the sake of order and nothing more. The fate of the future in their hands is not forseen. This species consist of great magic powers. Being very intellegent and coordinated, these humanoids can cause a great deal of pain. Though, their lack of disorganization and great need of structure can lead to their champion's demise.
It would seem Earthrealms fate hangs on the edge of chaos, but the very word leads to the next realm who will be entering. The
Chaosrealm is filled with people believe in the word like a religion. Chaosrealmers practice chaos from birth, they live and breath it. Being humanoid in appearance they are masters of their bodies. This species is brutal in a way it could make Netherrealm's scariest cringe. They can twist and contort their bodies in ways that would kill a human. It is a form of individualism in their world. Some even maim their faces for the ultimate approval from the peers. Most would think they lack weakness, but in truth control can be powerful. Chaosrealmers hate questions, it is a form of control. Which would lead to their wild tempers.
With so many enemies closing in around the Earthrealm only one other world stands to defend.
Edenia which is considerably resembles the garden of Eden. The Edenians are desendants from the gods. With long lives and great beauty, this species lives in a white magic world. Believing all posses the ability to change their destinies. Their champion with no doubt will fight with pride and dignity, but the thought of death will be a hard trial to over come. Seeing so much waste of life could cause their champion to faulter. Will they be able to stand with the humans to determine their fate, or fail along side them.

"It is now time. Years have passed, and the fate of each realm hangs in the balance. To much war has been cast among us all. It must end." Her soft voice carried in a echo. Not much of the Shaolin temples stood, and they destruction didn't stop their. Fifty years had passed, but the other realms persisted. A fear began to grow in her heart that the once beautiful Earthrealm would be conquered very soon. " I am desperate to stop this. Will you not help me!" She finally screamed out in fustration. "Year after year you sit in silence, and let this destruction pass. How dare you call your selves Elder Gods! I spit on your position. No god would let this come to pass." Neuge voice trailed off into a whisper. Thinking the Elders continued to ignore her screams of anger. How could they do such a thing? Let so many perish with the answer staring right back at them. Even she thought about it year after year. Her hands were scarred with her training and battles. "Please....I am not even birthed from this realm and I still crossed to help prevent this from happening. Me of all people should give you hope...." Finally letting her despair consume any sane thought, as she headed for the temple's door. If they would not help, she would ultimately fight to her own demise. Neuge was so lost in her sadness she did not notice the air shift in the room. Something stalked each step she took.
Hands much larger than her own reached out to grasp each shoulder. Without hesitation like her anciesters she sent a hard elbow into the unknown's ribs, and rolled away. Leaving only a ice statue resembling herself, where she once stood. Now facing her opponent, Neuge refused to be defeated this day. "How dare you touch me?!" She screamed at the hooded figure. "If you wish me dead you will have to fight for such right." Her words dripped with contempt as she stood to her full height of five feet.
The hooded figure only laughed in her face, which angered her more. "I wish you alive. I have great plans for you. Years of wishes of Mortal Kombat has now been made true. You will be the champion of Outworld, and fight for the fate of your own realm. Though, Earthrealm's fate is no longer in your hands." The figure said in a demanding tone of voice. Each word raspy with male amusement. "You do not get to decide my fate!" Neuge was shaking with anger, the very sentence was soaked in contempt. Lighting flashed inside the temple, the very source was the hooded figure's eyes. With quick realization Neuge dropped to her knees. Each hand stretched out on the floor infront of her. "My lord Raiden forgive me.....I did not realize......" She quickly said in a stutter.
Raiden lifted one hand to remove the hood from his face, before stepping forward. "Neuge you are cold as ice, but the elders did neglect the realms. Faith has been renewed in you and others. You must travel to Shang Tsung's temple to stand ready. Everything will be explained once all champions have arrived." His words seemed to disappear like the wind, by the time she looked up Raiden had vanished. "So this is my fate." She whispered to herself before standing to her feet. With one last quick bow to the darkness she ran from the temple.

Raiden kept to his word. He passed from realm to realm spreading the news. "A champion must be selected! All your fates hang in the balance. It will be decided in Mortal Kombat. No longer will these wars continue. Nor will this destruction. Once you have decided your best fighter I will transport you to the tornament grounds. Be warned life or death will be your fate, and only one champion will stand the winner." His voice seemed to boom in each realm's major city he visited. Raiden's word was law, "If you do not choose a champion your fate will be left to other realms. You have two days and I shall return to collect my fighters!" With that he vanished with a strike of lightning just as he appeared. Leaving behind only a aged scroll listing the same announcement he had preached.