More than Hospitality (w/ Potassiumboron)

T

Twisted

Original poster
"Well... Whatever."

Luca sighed, toying with his hair for the first few minutes of his day. Sometimes his horns got staticy and a few rogue strands would gravitate towards them. he simply threw a bit of water those strands and combed his hair like normal. Horns were a hassle if anything. Sometimes they looked cool, but then Luca would hit them on the top of a door frame or something. Why couldn't he have gotten his father's shape? It would've made things so much easier. Then again, his mother's horns are considered superior, so he was in fact, lucky.

Lucky. Lucky... "Lucky..?" his mother's voice came out of nowhere... Well, somewhere, she had her head in the bathroom door. "Hm?" Luca replied with a slight head turn, keeping his eyes focused on his reflection in the mirror. "Don't forget your textbooks this time please... And for god's sake, come here..." Her face went from tired to somewhat annoyed as she gestured him over and had him bend down a bit. "It's like you got these horns yesterday... Don't comb around your horns, let your hair naturally part around them." she moved his hair around, with a stone cold focus in her gaze, occasionally touching her fingertips to her tongue. "There. Now finish up and get going to class." She smiled and yawned as her head disappeared from the room, closing the door again after she'd left.

Luca slid into his favorite shirt and muttered the words as he looked at himself in the mirror "Love machine..." He slipped in his plaid pants and threw on his campus blazer. He straightened everything out before grabbing his bag that he only used one of the two shoulder straps on, and disappeared down the hallway and out the front door.

Luca slipped into the lecture hall a few minutes early and took a seat at the back. Mainly because he didn't want his horns obstructing anyone's view of the lecture. however he liked being a row away from the very back. He just liked having a least someone behind him. Incubi were social creatures, so not being surrounded always felt weird in public. From the fair amount of students that were there already, Luca heard about some kind of major outage at the campus dorms. It was a gas line being ruptured or something, making the dorms unsafe for living for a at least a few weeks. Luca knew a few people that relied on dorm housing, so he was a bit concerned as to where they'd stay. He tried not to think about it as the last few minutes before class ticked away, and the lecture hall slowly filled up.​

Okay, so this really wasn't turning out to be Melody's day at all.

First, she'd woken up late and been told she needed to leave her dorm with all her things because it would apparently the whole building wouldn't be fit for staying in for a few weeks. That meant she had to hurriedly put together as much of her belongings as she could and then wander about the university campus until her first class started, which had been far less relaxing than it seemed. She had had to get dressed into a more suitable outfit in a toilet stall, unless she wanted to rock up to class wearing a Mr. Men pyjama set. She then had to put on her makeup and try and straighten out her bed-hair in the dirty mirror, which had been far more troubling than she thought she would. To top it all off, she then had to queue for what seemed an age at the campus coffee store only to be told her usual vanilla latte was unavailable. Usually, such news really wouldn't bother her. She wasn't that prissy about something as simple as coffee, but on a day where everything had already gone wrong, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Which left now, the present. Just as class was about to start, in burst Melody, tugging the suitcase along behind her. It was just her luck that the only spare seat she could see was, quite literally, right up at the back of the lecture hall... which meant tugging the heavy suitcase along behind her, grimacing as each step forward made the suitcase bang against the steps, and thus gather more and more attention. Despite the girl's baby pink hair and her unique sense of style, she didn't particularly like having the whole hall staring at her as she awkwardly made her way to the seat one row from the back.

Flopping to her seat after the long few seconds, she somehow managed to tug out her notepad and a pen without too much noise. It was only when she really managed to relax (and fan her face free of warmth) that she took notice of the boy sat besides her. It wasn't common to see demons stroll about, but nor was it a huge deal - there were a fair few in her housing building. Flashing a smile in her typically confident fashion, she made a motion to her suitcase with her thumb and offered a playful roll of her eyes.

"Sorry 'bout that. The noise and stuff,"
she began, her Irish dialect hitting every word, despite having left her home country a few years ago. "I always gotta do things differently from everyone else, I'm a right mess sometimes..."

(quick response to keep thread from dying. Will delete later)

"If it's any consolation, I'm somewhat of a mess myself. Had my mother not been a person I'm pretty sure I'd be the worst looking demon you'd ever see."
The word demon turned a head or two in the nearby row. It was as if the black horns didn't give it away. Luca gave a small smile to the... Pink haired lass. Lass felt fitting, the way she pronounced certain words gave away a potential Scottish or Irish origin. The pink hair was... Interesting, but as she said: she always had to do things different than everyone else. Luca was almost staring at her. He caught himself before he looked creepy, and turned his focus to one of the nearby students that were still hung on the word demon. Flashing them a mischievous smile and turning back to the pink haired girl.

"I'm guessing you're from the dorms. Unless you're actually jet setting and packed before class? Anyway. What exactly happened to the dorms? I've only heard mutters and not first hand speak."

Luca peered at the girl with plenty of curiousity. As if he were about to learn a new language, or hear some brutal secret. His eyes were gorgeous with his jarring irises cutting short the white abyss around them. He didn't get his father's black- rather than white eyes. His eye color however was from his mother. The beautiful light ruby color adored light, making it beautiful in daylight.

"Also, you've got a rouge strand of hair on your left by your ear. Was your morning all right... Miss..?"

There was no disguising the fact that Luca was a demon - the evidence was pretty obvious to anyone that glanced the boy's way. However, it was only really at the comment that Melody sat back in her seat and came to that realisation, finally seeming to notice the large horns that grew out of his head. As genuinely ridiculous as it may seem to not have noticed them, it was the truth - she had been far too frantic and hurried to pay that much visual attention to her fellow student.

Not that it was a particularly big deal. She'd heard rumblings of discontent on campus about the few demons that roamed around, a few humans who apparently didn't quite like the other species, but Melody really didn't have that big of an issue with it. The demons she'd come across all seemed relatively nice and polite-- and they were at the university to learn. They weren't exactly these evil wrongdoers with an intent to harm-- and Luca didn't fit into that category either, as far as she could tell.

"Uh-- Oh, I'm Melody-- don't even get me started on the fuck-up with the dorms, it's a nightmare, a total nightmare," she cursed, while absently smiling and pushing the stray strand of hair behind her ear, that of which held a fair few piercings in. It would have held one more if she had her way, but her money was running pretty thin at the moment. Student life wasn't as glamorous as her older cousin had once made it out to be.

"Y'know, they said the dorms are, like, out of bounds for a while, which is... it's really darn annoying. I'm just carting my suitcase around like a total loser-- maybe I can sleep at the library? Maybe they'll take pity on a poor Irish girl with nowhere to go, huh?" She continued, rolling her eyes just to reiterate her playfulness... even if she'd quite happily accept the offer of sleeping at the library if it arrived, which, obviously, it wouldn't. That was far-fetched lunacy. "...Anyway, I'll get over it, I'm just... Nothing goes smoothly for me, part of my crazy life. You live at home then, do you? Or house-share off campus?"

"Poor Irish girl."

Luca mocked with his arms folded and an obvious grin on. He glanced at her suiycase then at her again. This was probably some poorly disguised way of asking to stay with him. She barely knew him. Maybe Luca was overthinking this. He probably was.

"I live at home and pay rent to my parents. I guess you don't look like a murderer, so if you need a place to sleep, my parents adore guests. My other friends probably already have arrangements to stay elsewhere."

Luca flipped a pen through his fingers. Melody huh? Kinda fits her. An Irish girl at that. So she wasn't Scottish. Hopefully she didn't bring some Irish scepticism with her and that suitcase is full of some kind of demon wards. Not that they really work. Luca pulled out his phone and sent a texy to his mom to see what she'd say on the matter.​

Even as confident and as forthright as Melody was, it really hadn't been her intention to somehow subtly convince her way into accommodation. Granted, it was something she would do with someone she knew or had at least talked to enough to feel familiar around, but even she wasn't prepared to try and live with a stranger at their parents' house. That said, the offer did make her arch a brow intriguingly, a little taken aback by the fact this boy she'd talked to all of two minutes was offering her a place. If she had other options available to her, she'd reluctantly but gratefully decline.

However, this was the only real option she had. She couldn't go to a hotel for a few weeks, because the price was, unfortunately, astronomical for her, and the few friends she'd made had already told her that they didn't have room for her. Aside from sleeping rough, this was honestly her only choice... and, well, Luca didn't seem like he was going to bludgeon her to death in her sleep. He seemed sweet, courteous, rather playful...

"I, uh... Are you serious about that, because... Hey, I suppose that would be helpful. I don't really have it in me to survive on the street, I'd get bored and it's not really that suitable," she began quietly, contemplating the situation over once more in her head before, finally, offering a deciding nod. "Yeah, I guess it'd be alright to come to yours-- jeez, this is weird, ain't it? But hey, I'm a real good house guest, I swear. I'll clean up after myself, I'm real polite. You probably won't want me to leave, that's how great I am~ I'm also pretty modest, but we all have our flaws, right?"

"Yes, yes, I'm quite sure."

Luca cut her off, because he wasn't sure of she was nervously ranting or over describing herself. He was a little upset he offered her a place without her actually asking. Did she really have those intentions? His starved incubus side had come out. He'd seen a girl in need and pounced on the opportunity. Was this some kind of weird withdrawal..? No matter.

"Er yes. I'm sure you're a great guest. I uh... Didn't mean to present such an offer so abruptly. I just uh. Well, it's not like it matters now. I'm not going to retract my offer and leave you on the street."
He was digging a hole. Stop digging Luca. "Erm... Look, just, fuck it whatever. You're staying with me now. Do you know how long the dorms will be out for?" Luca sighed, sometimes he just kept talking, and would put himself in a nice deep hole. But he could talk his way out of most things. Most.

Luca grinned at his phone, his mother had of course replied very quickly and with a ton of exclamation marks and hearts. She loved company. Or when Luca brought girls home. But bringing one over to live there for a bit? She was ecstatic. "You got a total of four hearts from my mother. I guess she's more than happy to have you for a few days." He smiled,rolled his eyes, then slipped his phone into his pocket and started writing down notes, now that the class had started. He occasionally glanced over at Melody... For some reason.​

He was kind of a dork, wasn't he? For a demon, she hadn't quite expected him to be so... awkward.

She'd always had the impression that the few demons she'd come across in her life were always confident and, as a result, she'd assumed all demons were. It was ridiculous to generalise a whole species, and she knew that now - Luca had all but confirmed that not all demons were the epitome of cool. Though, he was easily the nicest one she'd come across. He was dorky, yes, and maybe a bit shy compared to the friends she usually acquainted herself was but he was sweet.

Especially if he was going to offer her a place to stay for god knows how long.

"You really are going to allow me to stay with you? That's... yeah. Awesome, dude! I can't really pay a whole lot of rent, but I'll give what I can and then I'll cook some meals and help around the place, help your Mom and stuff. If you're anything like her, she'll be a sweetheart," she complimented with ease, finally turning her attention to the lecturer who had begun talking a little while ago. She wasn't the best in lectures and usually relied upon the notes of her friends, but she was making an effort now. She could feel the other's eyes on her every few seconds, and she didn't want to be seen spacing out or sleeping as she usually did.

She wanted to at least look like she was a good student - she didn't think the offer to stay would still be there if she was seen to bea lazy so-and-so with no interest in the class.

"Ugh..."

Luca groaned, thinking over the conversation he'd just finished in his head. All the dumb shit he said. He was probably just tired. Yeah, that was it. Who was he kidding. Of course as an incubus he had a natural overwhelming charm. But considering Luca hadn't indulged in any sexual desires in almost two months now, he was kind of freaking out. Sure some unfortunate stuff happened, but he was programmed as a species to FEED this way. Pay attention.

Luca looked up at the front of the lecture hall, the professor was still talking, but had changed topics. What got his attention wasn't that. But the girl who'd tapped on his leg in front and a row below him. Long redish dyed hair, and some gorgeous blue eyes. She'd been with Luca before. Several times. Luca had fed off her each time. Luca was starving... It's like she knew.

The girl winked at him. A wordless gesture that meant one thing... Why did she have to pick today... She was still looking at Luca longingly, waiting for an answer with her friends next to her giggling a bit, they'd seen this enough times to know what was going on. He slightly shrugged and made an uneasy face. He could totally do it today. But... With Melody there..? That'd be weird. Luca scribbled on a blnk page and ripped the chunk of paper out and handed it to the girl. She looked disheartened, but still seemed very into him nonetheless, probably because he didn't exactly cancel...

Luca looked over at Melody again, who was jotting down notes, very diligently at that. "Hey... Um... Tomorrow... Do you have class? I have a friend coming over to study on our day off classes, so I just want to know if you'll be there you know..?" please be busy. Please. Please. The thought that repeatedly rattled through Luca's brain.​

She had a feeling he really didn't want her to be at the house-- and one glance at the red-haired girl in front of her confirmed that.

She may have been taking down notes, but she wasn't an idiot. She'd seen the interaction between the two, albeit in one glance just so she didn't seem too nosy, and she had worked out in four or five seconds that he was probably planning to get with her. And Melody being at the house might disrupt that. It certainly would be awkward.

"Uh-- no, it's my day off, but I... I'll go walk around the mall or take a walk to the beach or something, you're alright. You have fun with your girlfriend, all you have to do is tell me to piss off out for a while and I will," she shrugged casually, managing a brief smile as she forced her eyes onto her notes to make it seem like she didn't care-- and hell, she didn't. Why would she care what an actual stranger did with a girl that she assumed he was in a relationship with? She simply didn't.

If the situations were reversed and she wanted to spend time with her boyfriend, or just a boy she liked, she'd want the house to herself too.

"Jeez, we're both grown ups, aren't we? You have fun and-- hey, you can have my number so you can text me when you're, like, all finished. I'm not embarrassed talking about sex and stuff."