2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
Genres
Homosexual, Romance, Fantasy, Scifi, Magic, Vampire, Werewolf, Supernatural, Angels/Demons, Superhero, Zombies

1698892644613.png

Ghostly Greetings!

I am excited to welcome you all to my spooktacular Halloween contest! It's October, which means this month is about all things horror. To celebrate, please join me in filling Iwaku with the scariest monster mash ever!

To enter, all you have to do is submit an original art piece containing any creature of your choosing. The world contains many types of supernatural beings from movies, television, books, and folklore. So get those creative juices flowing!

Submissions will be open from September 25th to October 31st, midnight PST. Community voting will be open from November 1st to November 7th, midnight PST.

No tricks, only treats this year! And two winners are better than one! The prize for winning is a $25 Amazon gift card. One for the judge's choice winner and another for the community vote winner. But wait, there's more! The winners will also be posted in the Showcasing thread for all to admire and receive a special winner trophy. All entrants will also receive a participation trophy!

Your art piece must center around any supernatural being(s) of your choosing.
  • All submissions must follow Iwaku Rules
  • All submissions must follow the theme and include at least one supernatural being.
  • All submissions must be your own work, and not violate any copyright rules. However, Fanfiction is allowed.
  • Your submission cannot be from a previous year.

Now, on to the community voting! While casting your vote, try to think which of the submissions best fits the contest's theme and shows the artist's creativity and artistic composition. Furthermore, please remember that these submissions came from real people with real feelings. So, keep all your criticisms constructive. And remember the golden rule: if you don't have anything nice to say, it's best to keep it to yourself.

While discussing the pieces below, here are some questions to consider:
- Which piece did you think fit the theme of the contest best?
- What piece did you find most scary?
- Do you like the monsters depicted? What monsters would you have liked to see?
- Has this inspired you to join in next year?

Voting will last until the 7th of November. In the meantime, we (Myself, @Miyu, and @PavellumPendulum) will announce the judge's choice winner too!

Artist: Anonymous
Name of your piece:
1698894517102.png
Format: Traditional

Artist: @Plaything
Name of your piece:
1698894620126.png
Format: Digital

Artist: Anonymous
Name of your piece:
1698895069986.png
Format: Traditional (ink)

As the Month of Monsters Art Contest ends, I want to personally give a huge thanks to everyone to participated. And give an extra special shout-out to my other judges, @PavellumPendulum and @Miyu, for making the time to help me run this year's contest. ^^

Without further ado, we all want to give a spooktacular congratulations to the winners, "They Should Crawl" by @Itari, and "Medusa" by @Plaything, as community winner and judges' pick, respectively. This year we had some great competition that all accomplished scaring our socks off!

Thank you again for joining in and allowing me to host this contest, and I hope everyone returns next year for even more frights!

It was a humble number, but the submissions were all fantastic 🖤 We hope to see you again next year!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: MiharuAya