Monsters (Red & Sarre)

"Ha! Look at that! We've just found the coolest veteran in the business," Shena laughed, patting the hand on her shoulder with playful slaps. "Hope you stick around. There are a few local taverns that aren't bad around here." Friend count +1.

The group followed Erya like an obedient pack of hunting dogs. She was someone new, and someone old. From her, they'd leech veteran secrets. In return, they'd present to her as many scrap pieces of petty, local gossip that they could scrounge up.

"Setting a table on fire, huh. Damn. She might just be even worse than you, Shena," Lisette chuckled. "She's a generous drunk," she told Erya. "You know, in case you ever want to get wasted on a budget."

"Don't listen to her, that doesn't work anymore!" Shena insisted. More quietly, and with an embarrassed grin, she added, "It worked a little too well for a while." The first time she tagged along for a late tavern night had been modest - mainly because she hadn't known many people, and the people she did know were merely acquaintances. She'd been too afraid to drink enough. The second, half a week later, had been the same, because it had been a different group in a different place. Then people had gotten more familiar, and the blind joy became better and more expensive.

The glittering evenings were a lightning rod for the lighthearted, drawing them in loud, happy droves; repelling the introverted and the easily annoyed. The meals were gathered from the spoils of generous hunters. There would probably be various pork dishes tomorrow too, depending on how much they ate.

It was a stark contrast to the smouldering afternoons, when the people that had set out at dawn returned with layers of dust and sweat and a sour mood. Or the silent midnights, where there was usually movement, but only whispers for voices. You only had to know a person's favourite time to frequent the great building to guess what kind of a person they were.

[BCOLOR=transparent]There was no denying that Erya basked humbly in the attention that the younger ones were giving her. It was to the point that she felt bad about mentioning her status in her old guild. After all, she was a veteran only because of how damn long she'd been in the business, not because she was any good. Surely, she'd only been happy to take up the jobs that no one else wanted to take, if only because they were bloodthirsty, glory-seeking monster hunters. She did the simple shit that no one took because it was too damn menial. Not that she was going to mention that right now. Not yet. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]The guild mess hall was glorious. Better, at least, than what Erya was previously used to. Their mess hall used to be combined with job board, head office, and a couple rooms to stay in because why not? Here, however, the hunters shared their bounty and the hall was decorated with gracious donations. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Candles in their glimmering sconces burned at set distances across the walls, casting a warm honey glaze upon the massive constituents nearly bathing in the spiced wine and delicious food. Wide chandeliers with some sort of floating light in them illuminated where the candles lacked, but the brightness was cranked up by the sheer amount of laughter and talk that resonated throughout the hall. [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Erya uttered a sigh of pleasure before turning to Shena. She slapped her playfully on her shoulder after having glanced over at the bartender, his cheeks already warm with drink. "Don't worry, I won't take advantage of you." After a pause and a laugh. "With drinks, at least. I can charm my way out of paying a tab. My mother didn't give me this ass for nothing!" She hooted with a brief grab at one of her cheeks. Approaching the oaken counter, she waved over the bartender. "A round of spiced wine for these lovelies, please!" She winked before placing a hand up next to her mouth. "You can just add it to Thorne's tab." [/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]The bartender smiled charmingly before filling up several mugs with an aromatic, red liquid. "I expect bottoms up, my new friends!" She tossed before grabbing her own drink and gulping it down.[/BCOLOR]