Monsters, Magic, Maidens: a Fairy Tale RP

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eaves

Original poster
Once upon a time, in a faraway kingdom...

Have you ever wanted to try your hand at playing Prince Charming (or perhaps Prince Charmless), kiss the clammy lips of a frog, lift a curse, or just take a classic story and drive it completely off its rails? Then reply here, and let your interest be known.

This thread is to test the waters for a fairy tale roleplay, somewhat inspired by Into the Woods. Traditional character archetypes or "stock characters" would be encouraged: Rapunzel, Red Riding Hood, a Wolf, knights, mermaids etc. However, twists on those classic characters and unique personalities would be even more encouraged. For example: you could play a heroic Princess Charming, or a wretchedly evil Fairy Godmother. Basically, you could take your favorite OC and put them in a classic role that fits best - or maybe one that doesn't fit at all. The only hard-and-fast rule is that it be fairy tale inspired.

The setting would be vaguely medieval, in a picturesque wood (although historical accuracy will not be a huge deal, ex: it's OK for your character to have glasses). There will also be magical elements. I'd probably give a lot of freedom to roleplayers on that, but magic-users should be able to create their own reasonable "rules" and avoid god-modding.

Because I'm new to the site, it would take me a day or so to scout out how group RPs are normally done. I will most likely have some kind of signup process.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Feel free to leave them here, and thanks for reading!

Consider me interested enough. Time to dig out an old asshole knight/man-at-arms I have hidden around somewhere... Or probably just rewrite him...

I haven't done a Fairy-Tale roleplay before, so this is something I really want to do! I'm indeed interested~

This is a really intriguing idea for a group RP! Count me in for screwing around with fairy tale concepts~
So would this be a strictly medieval type of fantasy, or does it take place in modern times? And if you need help with setting anything up for this, I can help!

(Plus, Into the Woods is one of my favorite musicals, though I prefer the original.)

The setting would be quite like medieval Europe, with no modern technology! However, certain modern conveniences could have magical equivalents. Ravens could carry letters, for example.

And oh, that's awesome! Do you mean you like the original Broadway show more than the Disney movie? If so, I have to agree with you. I miss the Mysterious Man and all the fourth wall breaking...

Yup, the Narrator was one of my favorite characters in the Broadway show. And then they killed him. Which added to the hilarity of the musical.
>~<

Sounds good! Can't wait to see a CS and start making a character.

I'm interested!! ^_^

Alright, ya got me.

I've always had the idea of the Prince in Snow White poisoning the princess with a kiss instead of waking her up xD Yep I think I can get into this whole thing.

I demand to enter this. I like the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.