Monologue Challenge #2

• Thread starter Wizard Secretary Doxa
  • Start date
W

Wizard Secretary Doxa

Original poster
[DASH=grey]This is a challenge base on what your character thoughts are! A monologue is a speech or composition presenting the words or thoughts of a single character. This challenge can help you know your character. By doing this, you might be able to understand what your character feelings and thoughts are. Hence, knowing who she/he really is.

For this challenge I am asking for:

A speech done by a VILLAIN
[/DASH]

Requirement(s) or/and guides:

- 2 or more paragraphs
- Try to be descriptive
- Let your mind wandered to places. Be creative!
- Remember to have fun! This is for you to expand your horizons!

The ramblings of an outcast.

Villain. That's what I'm labled, by your standards anyway. You, who seems to have all of the answers. You, who seems to think that the right way of thinking is your way of thinking. The names you've given me... Merciless, deranged, selfish.

It's all just a matter of opinion.

What makes someone a villain anyway? Where do you draw the line at what is "good" and "evil"? How can we even think to use a line? Life is such a complicated jumble, more likely to look like an abstract painting than a perfect pie chart where a solid, mathmatically straight line divides the essence of a hero and a villain.

Let's put down the rose-colored glasses for a moment here and take a good look at what it means to live. Living means surviving, never slacking in the struggle to stay on top. You say I'm merciless but if I have to step on a few toes to reach my goals then so be it. This is real life, kiddos. They don't teach you this crap in school.

You say I'm deranged but what you really mean is that my opinions and view on how life should be lived clashes with yours and you don't like that. To me, you are the insane one, pathetically clinging to a "code of honor" like it's actually enforced in real life. Your "chaos" is my "sanity". I thrive in a place without order because when it's every man for himself, I'm the man with the means to quickly climb up the food chain.

You say I'm selfish but in reality, no good deed is selfless, no matter how you look at it. There is always some self-gain, even if it's simply a fuzzy warm feeling in your gut that makes you feel better about yourself. Every decision we make and every action we perform is for our own sake. So think about that the next time you point an accusing finger at me.

Don't you see? You're guilty of everything you charge me with. Do you know what that makes you? Just like me.

There's a hidden truth that your parents and teachers and role models never tell you about:

We are all villains.

In my own right, I seek vengeance. Through vengeance I must kill the innocent, rob the poor, remove the lives from those who do not, in society's eye, deserve it. Unfortunately for them, they took something from me. They took the everything that can be called anything. People like you do not forgive these things, you show your selectiveness through compassion to others, a sort of sweeping mercy to those so far beneath you that they don't matter. However, when something is there in the face of your perfect world the iron gates of Janos shut close. I am that threat, I am that purpose to make your doors slam shut with the white crosses over them. I am that meaning that makes you turn from your religious faith, to the dust on the ground. I will become something which when spoken of, a swift wind will remove thy tongue. For I am a villain, I committed the crime, I committed the deed which over-see's any you have committed to me. This is my message, this is my vengeance, on society, on the government, on the world.

For those who wish for it, run. Those who are now aware it is coming, die. Whether it be by your own hand, or my own. I will take you down for your wealth that has been built upon the suffering of others. The silk on your back, the sugar in your tea, the coco beans which make the rich sugary sweet you consume daily in your pathetic lives. I am the one thing which will devour everything in it's path. I am your conscience, I am rumour, I am sickness, I am lie, I am the one you so chose to ignore. Accept it.