Missing

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Max should have just shut the chest right then and there. Her fears were sated, and her teacher was proven to not be a psycho killer. However, curiosity propelled her forward. She gently took the envelop from the back of the painting, careful not to make too much noise. Tentatively, she pulled out the paper inside. The young apprentice froze when the paper made a noise, looking back at Kylm to make sure she was still sleeping. Snooping around like this had gotten her into trouble way too much at home. She didn't want to incur the same kind of wrath in Kylm as she often saw in her own mother. Max pulled the letter out, wincing and freezing any time it made a noise. Holding her breath, she read over the contents.

Water stains that were clearly tears were scattered throughout the paper. It read:

My dear sister Kylm, I am sorry that it had to be this way, but how could you remain on their side? How could you still serve the fools who denied our mother healing because of some foolish tax?! These people here, they understand the Order's stupidity and selfishness. They understand it, so they wish to destroy them, to free us. However I will respect your choices, but if we cross paths again...

I think you know what that means.

With love:
Your brother
Cole

At the end of the letter is a pentagram, the symbol of the warlocks.

Kylm rolled to face Max, still fast asleep. The set of hair that covered her eye moved, exposing a nasty scar slashing through her eye. The dead eye was milky white and stared unblinkingly at Max.

Last edited by a moderator:
The letter just kept getting worse and worse. Kylm's brother sided with the warlocks? She could understand why the brother was so mad, however the warlocks practiced dark magic. She carefully put the letter back and put everything in the chest back in its place. Slowly, she closed the chest before turning to see the milky white eye staring at her. Max screamed before quickly covering her mouth. The young apprentice started shaking. Panic filled her heart. The vile feeling spread throughout the rest of the blue eyed girl's body. Kylm was going to be pissed. She was going to be pissed, and Max couldn't move from her spot. Her mind told her to run before the woman woke up, but Max's feet were glued to the floor. Tears had made their way down her face, making trails as soon as she had screamed.

She caught her just before the wicked blade that gave her that scar came down.

Kylm bolted upright, instinctively moving her hair to cover the scar. Her eye adjusted to the darkness to see Max standing in her room with tears coming from her eyes. Good greif she had to teach her to be less of a crybaby. She locked an eye with her apprentice, wondering if she had seen her scar. "Agh- I'm awake, I'm awake. What's wrong Max? You didn't need to yell, a nudge would have been enough." Her single yellow eye glowed slightly, the result of a faulty potion years ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearing how her master wasn't yelling at her, Max quickly got to work trying to wipe away her tears. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you, I just... I couldn't sleep, and I was going to see if maybe you knew something to help with that, but I got kind of startled. I'm really sorry for yelling." Even as she tried, her tears refused to stop making her look like a wimp. Max rubbed furiously at her eyes, trying desperately to make the salty liquid go away.

Kylm rubbed her eye, peering at Max suspiciously for a moment, then realizing that this was the first time she had ever slept here. "Alright." She muttered, pulling herself out of bed and going to her shelf. She took a blue pill from a small jar and filled a tiny cup with water from a seemingly infinite miniature fountain. She handed both of objects to Max, telling her that it was a sleeping pill. The wizard held the door open for her apprentice, yawning as she did so.

Max sniffled before taking the pill with a quiet thanks. She took the pill, swigging some water down straight after it. "Sorry for bothering you so late. Good night." The apprentice quickly ducked back into her own room. She fell onto her bed, surprised she had even gotten away with sneaking through her master's chest. She had to keep this information secret from the others. At least she knew who Kylm's former master was. The whole trip just got a whole lot more confusing, and they hadn't even started travelling!

The last thing Max would see was Kylm sliding her fingers across the surface of the chest, sighing heavily, and laying back down before the door closed. She found herself staring at that chest for hours, water colecting in her eye. She blinked the tear away to roll down her cheek. "How you holding up bro? Avenged our mother yet?" She muttered quietly before falling asleep.

Max yawned as she woke up, blinking at the morning light. She jumped off of her bed, moving to try and find her toiletries. Mumbling, she let out a small noise of success when she finally grabbed the small bag. The young apprentice dragged her feet off to the bathroom. She found the area quickly, setting to her morning duties of cleaning up. She made sure to wash herself off, knowing this would be the last time in a long while that she could take a bath. Drying herself off and finishing her morning routine, Max wandered down to the kitchen to make breakfast.

The kitchen of the house was the only lower room free of clutter. Everything was where it should have been, untouched. It was clear that it had not been used in a very long time.

Kylm's eye slowly pryed itself open. She pulled herself from her warm matress and slowly made her way to the bathroom. There she performed her drowsy routine of making herself presentable.

Max sighed as she dug through the cabinets to find anything that could possibly be worth eating. Finally she found some eggs that weren't spoiled miraculously. She pulled out a pan and a bar of butter to start making some scrambled eggs with. The young girl yawned as she started making the eggs, the sound of sizzling and the smell of breakfast filling the air. The girl wondered just how such an essential part of a home was unused?

Once she had completed her morning ritual Kylm looked into Max's room to see if she had awoken. Just as she was finding the room empty the sent of eggs reached her nostrils. Kylm's mind as well as memory went to strange places so early in the morning and she came to the concision that something had gained sentience and was now making breakfast out of her apprentice. The wizard made her way through the downstairs clutter silently, holding her staff like a club. When she reached the kitchen Kylm was about ready to smash something but lowered her weapon at the sight of her apprentice cooking. "Oh, h-hey Max. You scared me for a second there. Sleep well?"

Max yawned before waving slightly to Kylm. "Morning. I slept better after you gave me that medicine. Thank you." She gave the woman a smile before turning back to the food. "How do you like your eggs?" The young girl poured her own scrambled eggs on her own plate, getting ready to make the eggs however Kylm would like. She still seemed tired, but this seemed like a common practice for the young girl. "You don't have a lot of food in your house, though. Do you cook, Kylm?" The blue eyed girl tilted her head as she waited to cook the rest of the breakfast.

"Your welcome. Sunny side up if you please." Kylm stated, sitting down at the kitchen table. How ironic was this? She observed her apprentice doing something she could never do and shook her head at the question. "Nah, last thing I made had to be beaten down with a stick." There were bags under her yellow eye and a tired smile on her face. The wizard was still waking up, her extremely important trip still not returning to her memory.

The young apprentice nodded and started to make Kylm's requested eggs. She chuckled at the thought of her master beating breakfast back with a stick. "Really? No wonder your kitchen looks brand new..." Max yawned finishing the eggs and putting them on a plate for Kylm. She set it in front of the woman with a fork before sitting down and starting to eat her own eggs. "So, what are we going to do today?" The brunette asked.

Kylm laughed with Max, it was pretty ridiculous when she thought about it. She thanked her for the eggs and quickly started to wolf them down. At the question she bolted upright and looked at a clock. She calmed down and sat when she remembered they had already packed for the trip. "Well as I have just remembered we are leaving for the trip today, but we have already pack so all there is left to do is give Nutmeg to Draké and pick up some horses. Have you ever ridden Max?"

The girl nearly chocked on her eggs as her master mentioned horses. Quickly, she swallowed the eggs and looked excitedly at Kylm. "Horses? Like, real actual horses?" Max smiled wide, her eyes gleaming in pure anticipation. "I've never actually ridden a horse before, but I've always wanted to try!" A thought fluttered into the back of her mind, making her pause for a moment. "Oh, but who's Draké?"

Kylm laughed, happiness was so much simpler your young. "Yes yes. Real horses. Like everything else in life however, riding them is harder then it looks. Draké is the local animal handler, he specializes with dragons and wyverns." She looked out a window at the morning outside. "He'll teach you to ride nice and quick. If worse comes to worst we'll have go by carriage."

Max nearly bounced in her seat. This was so awesome! She was going to learn how to ride a horse and go see new places while learning new spells! Excitement couldn't even begin to describe the feeling coursing through Max's veins. She finished her eggs before taking the plates and moving to the sink. She washed the dishes quickly and dried them, smiling widely the whole while. She whipped around toward Kylm. "Should I go get my things so we can leave?"

Kylm nodded. "Yeah. Grab my bag as well, it's in my room. I need to find something in this mess." She got up and stretched, then disappeared into the clutter maze. The wizard sorted through jars of eyes and balls of fluff, she didn't remember throwing it out so it must have been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.