Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
[bg=#D7DBC0]
4trtiux.png

Welcome to the second Prompt thread !

To get started, all you need to do is click the date to make the prompt appear! Remember, only post prompts up to the CURRENT date. Be sure to post it within a spoiler tag, marked with the prompt-date and your username! If you need to catch up with previous prompts, you may post more than one at a time, but again... no jumping ahead! New prompts will be posted DECEMBER 17th!

December 09
December 10
December 11
December 12
December 13
December 14
December 15
December 16

[/bg]

The Perfect Tree
By PrincessLala95
Disclaimer: This is a WWE fanfiction. Brock Lesnar is not my character.

Valerie was still somewhat shaken over what Brock had revealed to her yesterday. He liked her? He was interested in her? He was attracted to her? How long had this been going on? Had it developed over the last week or so since they'd actually started interacting, or had he been interested in her since she'd first come to Raw? She had so many questions she wanted to ask, but she wouldn't have the opportunity to do so today. Today, she was at home.

She was only home for a day and a half, and she'd be leaving again on Sunday morning to go back to work that afternoon, but a day and a half was long enough to help her parents get their tree set up. Even her brother was home from university, and they were all heading out to cut down a tree.

Her family always tried to find the biggest one they could, so it was almost like a contest: split up once you reach the trees, find the biggest one, and whoever finds the biggest tree is the winner and gets to put the star on top at the end of the decorating process. Valerie usually always won when she wasn't judging, so she was looking forward to this. The problem was, she just couldn't get her mind off Brock.

Did he want to be with her? Did he want to start a relationship with her? He and his wife had split up earlier in the year - incidentally, around the time that Valerie had come to Raw. Was it a coincidence? Or had her arrival somehow been a factor in their split? Had Brock been attracted to her for months without having said anything?

She had no idea what to think of it all. All she wanted was to talk about it with him, but she couldn't. She was at home, and he was probably at home. Was Brock thinking about her? That tree looked pretty big - it was taller than Brock, she figured... because, of course, she was thinking about him instead of focusing on finding the tallest tree.

"Val, let's see your tree," came a voice as her father, this year's judge after being last year's winner, walked over. Valerie was quiet for a moment, looking up at the tree.

"This one," she said.

"This is your tree?" he asked.

"Yes," she replied.

"Hmm," her dad said, examining it for a moment. "I'm pretty sure your brother found a bigger tree. Sorry, honey."

Of course her brother had found a bigger tree. She wasn't thinking straight. All she could think about was Brock. Had Brock wanted to kiss her under the mistletoe? Was he going to buy her a present? Were they going to go on a date? Her mind was a mess of at least ten thousand different thoughts swirling all around.

"Is everything okay?" her dad asked, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and pulling her against him. "You haven't been yourself since your flight landed. You've been so much quieter than usual."

"I know," Valerie mumbled, leaning against her dad sadly. "Sorry, daddy, I just... I've got a lot on my mind. Yesterday one of my co-workers told me that he's interested in me, but he didn't say anything else and he walked off before I could ask him anything. I don't know what to think of it."

"Who was it?" her dad asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Not somebody that you can beat up," Valerie replied calmly, a smirk on her lips.

"It's not that Seth Rollins, is it? I've seen Instagram posts of you two eating burgers together," her dad said with a smirk, eyeing her closely for her reaction.

"No, it's not Seth," Valerie said. "It's Brock Lesnar."

"Oh, wow," her dad said. "Definitely not someone that I can beat up."

"Exactly," she replied.

"Well..." Her dad went quiet for a moment, thinking about it. "Are you interested in him, too? Because if you weren't, I doubt this would be weighing so heavily on your mind."

"I am," Valerie admitted softly. "I have been for ages...I just don't know what to think. Like, does he really like me? Does he want to go out with me? Does he want something long-term with me or does he just mean that he's interested in me like, you know..."

"You want to know if he's serious about you or if he just wants to get in your pants," her dad said with a smile, and she sighed softly, nodding.

"Yeah, pretty much," she replied.

"Well, you're heading back to work tomorrow. When you get there, go find him, walk right up to him, and ask him for clarification. If he's interested in you, I think you two would make a handsome couple - you just have to find out what he wants," her dad said.

Valerie was quiet for a minute, thinking it over. Her dad was right. There was no use in ruining this perfect day with her family by stressing about Brock when she'd literally have a chance tomorrow to find out what he was thinking. All she had to do was set it aside for a day and wait until tomorrow to worry about it. Slowly, a smile began to spread across her lips.

"You're right," she said. "I'm sorry I've been such a downer. Let's go chop down a tree and take it home."

"Not this tree, though," her dad said, beginning to steer her away from her choice of tree with a laugh. "Your brother's tree. It's bigger."

"Of course it is," Valerie replied, smirking. "When he's the judge next year, though, you'll all be sorry."

Reindeer
By PrincessLala95

Valerie's suitcase rolled loudly behind her as she got out of the elevator, carefully peering at the numbers on the doors in the hotel hallway until she found the one that matched her room key card. She swiped the card and headed inside, sighing as she set her suitcase down beside the bed.

It had been an exhausting flight. She'd managed to enjoy her weekend with her parents, trimming the tree and drinking way too much eggnog, but once she'd left, it became difficult to think about much else but Brock. What was he going to say when she approached him? She needed to know.

From inside her suitcase, she pulled out the large stuffed reindeer that her brother had given her while she'd been home. It had mostly been a gag gift, but she loved stuffed animals and had decided to bring the reindeer stuffie to work with her. Well, not to work, but to the hotel.

She set him down on the bed, pausing for a moment to examine the stuffed animal. She still hadn't been able to think of a name for it. Rudolph seemed too cliché, but she didn't know any other good reindeer names besides the ones Santa had already used.

She jumped slightly at the sound of a knock at her door. She'd only just arrived, so who could it possibly be? Curious, she walked over to the door and looked out the peephole. She felt her heart drop into her stomach as she saw that it was none other than Brock Lesnar standing outside her room.

She was hesitant for a moment, considering whether or not to answer, but then he knocked again. "I know you're in there, Val," he called out in a gentle voice. Biting back a sigh, Valerie opened the hotel room door, smiling nervously up at him.

"Hi," she said in a small voice. He smiled down at her.

"Hey," he said. "Can I come in? I think we need to talk."

"Yeah, I think you're right," she said softly, stepping aside so he could come in. For a moment, as he entered, she was grateful that she'd only just arrived and hadn't had a chance yet to unpack. All of her belongings were still in the suitcase, which meant no dirty laundry lying around on the floor, no medications for him to judge her by, and no toiletries in the bathroom.

"Oh, hey there little dude," said Brock as he walked further in, and Valerie's eyes widened in horror. All of her belongings were still in the suitcase... except for the stuffed reindeer.

"Oh! Um - my brother gave me that," Valerie stammered, closing the door and hurrying in. Brock had picked up the reindeer and was turning it over in his hands, looking curiously at it.

"This weekend?" Brock asked, looking over at her.

"Yeah," she replied.

"Did you name it?" he asked, an amused smile on his lips.

"No," she said quickly, certain that she was blushing furiously.

"You should name it Mistletoe," Brock replied, setting the reindeer back down where he'd found it and walking over to her. "Unless that's weird - you know, since your brother gave it to you."

"It might be a bit weird," she said softly, curious as to why Brock was invested in the naming of her stuffed reindeer. Did he not think it was childish? "I was kind of thinking about Jingle, or maybe Cinnamon."

"Cinnamon's a silly name for a reindeer," Brock replied. "Jingle's good, though."

"You said you wanted to talk?" Valerie asked softly, going and sitting down on the edge of the bed. She grabbed Jingle, setting him down in her lap and looking up at Brock.

"Yeah, I did," he replied, sitting down beside her. "I was kind of unfair the other day. I dropped a bomb on you and then didn't stick around to deal with it. It was a bit dickish. I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Valerie replied. "I'm just...confused, I guess."

"Ask me anything you want," Brock replied, smiling. "Once I've answered all your questions, I've got one question for you."

"One question for me?" Valerie asked curiously, raising an eyebrow. "What is it?"

"Do you want to go out with me some time?"

Silver
By PrincessLala95

Valerie couldn't help but to be impressed that Brock had found such a nice restaurant open past midnight. It was Monday, which obviously meant that they had to work, but they'd agreed to go on a date afterwards. She'd been hesitant about trying to go out so late, but he'd assured her that he could find a good place to go - and, he'd been right.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was quite elegant and classy. It wasn't terribly crowded, probably because it was so late, and on one end of the restaurant, there was a dance floor with a live band playing Christmas songs. The music was just loud enough to be enjoyable from anywhere in the restaurant without being too overpowering, which meant that they could maintain a conversation while they ate. Aside from the music, there was little noise but for the low din of conversation and the clinking of silverware.

"So, tell me about yourself, I guess?" Brock asked after they'd placed their orders with the waiter. Neither of them had said much just yet. For Valerie, it was because she was nervous; she didn't know why he hadn't been talking.

"About myself?" Valerie asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, yeah," he replied. "I mean, isn't that what people do on first dates?"

"I guess so," Valerie replied, shrugging slightly. "I don't really, you know, date much..."

"No?"

"No. I usually don't agree to go out with anyone unless I know they're serious about it, which usually ends in long-term relationships," Valerie replied softly. "You're only the third guy I've been out with since I was a teenager."

"That's impressive, to be honest," Brock said with a smile. "I haven't been on a first date in...well, in over a decade, I suppose."

"Right...your wife," Valerie mumbled awkardly, glancing down at her water glass.

"How about we agree not to talk about previous relationships?" Brock asked with a smile. "You talk about yourself, and I'll talk about myself."

They chatted for a short while until their appetizers arrived, though it was difficult to find things to say when both of your life stories are already on the internet, ready to find with a mere click of a button and a visit to Wikipedia. Brock was a nice guy, though, and seemed genuinely interested in hearing about her. She found that she was talking way more than he was, going off on random tangents while he actively listened to what she had to say.

They ate their appetizers mostly in silence, though it wasn't an awkward silence so much as it was just them enjoying their food. The food was great, and they were just finishing up their appetizers when their main courses arrived.

"This restaurant's great," Valerie said to him with a smile. "The food's good, and the service is nice and quick."

"It's a great place, I used to come here from time to time with..." Brock paused slightly, his voice trailing off. "Sorry."

"No, it's fine," Valerie replied quickly, shaking her head. "You were married for, what, eleven years? It's hard to pretend like that time never happened."

"Yeah, I know," he said. "But still, it doesn't seem fair to you to mention her."

"Can I ask you a question?" Valerie asked softly before taking a small bite of her food.

"Shoot."

"Why did you guys end things?"

Brock was silent for a minute. He took a bite of his meal, and Valerie wondered whether he'd answer or change the topic. Both of them were quiet, eating for a minute or so, before he finally spoke up.

"I guess the love just...wasn't there any more," he replied. "I think we both knew, it and I think we'd both known it for a while. I guess we both just wanted to try to fix things, and we were trying to feel something again, but there was just nothing there."

"That's sad," Valerie said softly.

"I know," he murmured. "But anyways, let's not talk about that. Why don't we go and dance?"

"What about our food?" Valerie asked, raising an eyebrow. She was barely even half-finished.

"It'll still be here when we get back," Brock replied. "They check the dance floor, don't worry. Come on, I like this song." He stood up and took her by the hand, pulling her to her feet and leading her out to the dance floor. She felt underdressed compared to the other women there - they were all wearing beautiful gowns, but she'd opted for a simple little black dress with silver accessories. Nobody seemed to mind, though, and the couples already on the small dance floor readily made room for her and Brock to join in.

His hand came to firmly grasp her waist, and his other hand took hers. She laid her hand on his shoulder, smiling nervously up at him. "You should probably know that I suck at dancing," she said, and he chuckled.

"That's fine. I'll lead," he replied. It took a moment to get started, but soon they were dancing slowly along to the music. Silver Bells was playing, and it seemed like an appropriate song given how the evening had been progressing so far.

"So...you like to dance?" Valerie asked softly. She had a feeling that dating him meant that she'd need to improve her dancing skills.

"Sometimes," he replied with a smile. "In the right situation."

"And this is the right situation?" she asked.

"I'm pretty sure," he murmured, gazing down at her, "that any situation involving you would be the right situation."

A Different Celebration
By PrincessLala95

Tuesday night, while most of the fans were attending a televised Smackdown Live show, a handful of others a few towns over were attending a non-televised Raw live show. Valerie, therefore, was sitting backstage in the catering area with Alexa, gushing about her first date with Brock.

"So then we went and danced, and-"

"But Val, you're a terrible dancer!" Alexa exclaimed, her eyes widening.

"I know! But he took the lead and it wasn't a total disaster!"

Alexa burst out laughing. "Amazing," she said. She suddenly glanced up, past Valerie's head, and smirked. "I think I'm gonna go see if I can find Nia," she said, standing up abruptly.

"Alexa?"

"I'll see you around!" Alexa said, patting Valerie's shoulder quickly before leaving. Valerie raised an eyebrow, curiously watching her friend go, but a large pair of hands suddenly covered her eyes from behind.

"Guess who," came a familiar deep voice from behind her, and Valerie giggled.

"I have no idea," she said.

"Ouch," Brock replied, removing his hands and sitting down where Alexa had been. "You go on a life-changing date with me only to forget my name the next day."

"Life-changing? Did our date change your life?" Valerie asked teasingly, giggling, but before Brock could answer, a large covered platter was plopped down in front of them. They both jumped slightly, and when they looked up, they saw Paul Heyman standing across the table from them.

"Paul?" Brock asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Tonight's the first night of Hanukkah, so I did what I do and I brought goodies," Paul replied with a smirk. "Oh, and hello, Valerie."

"Hi, Paul," Valerie replied with a small smile. "What've you got there?"

"Latkes, or potato pancakes," he replied as he lifted the lid off. Then, he held up a piece of paper. "Also, a sign-up sheet for a dreidel tournament next week during Raw. It's going to go on the Up Up Down Down YouTube channel."

"That's awesome!" Valerie said, reaching out for the paper. As she scribbled her name down, Brock grabbed one of the potato pancakes and managed to shove the entire thing in his mouth.

"You know how much I love these things, Paul," Brock said with a grin after he'd finished it.

"I know," Paul replied with a shrug. "Are you signing up for the dreidel tournament? I can probably rig it so you get to compete against your girlfriend here."

Valerie immediately felt her face heating up, but Brock didn't seem to react. If anything, he seemed proud, and he looped an arm around her shoulders. "I'd definitely sign up, but that wouldn't really be fair to anyone else in the tournament," Brock said smugly, and Paul chuckled.

"You have that right," he said, nodding. He was quiet for a moment as Brock grabbed another potato pancake, and then he smiled. "I'll leave this tray with you guys. I brought another tray of these because I knew you'd probably eat most of them."

"You're the best, Paul," Brock said, giving the other man a thumbs up as he started to walk away. Valerie giggled softly. It felt nice to be acknowledged as Brock's girlfriend by his manager, even if they hadn't really discussed the title yet. Then, she grabbed herself one of the latkes, figuring that anything with both the words potato and pancake in the name had to be absolutely divine.

Home
By PrincessLala95

Having a few days at home was usually a great thing for Valerie, especially when it was Christmastime, but so early into her relationship with Brock, she'd been hoping to stay on the road with him a little while longer.

Still, she was excited to see her family, as she always was. She loved them to pieces, and they were proud of all that she had accomplished. They were the perfect family, as far as she was concerned.

When she got to the house, they all hugged her. She was surprised to see that her aunt, uncle, and two younger cousins were also at the house, but the more the merrier, after all. Her mother hugged her, the loving and attentive housewife who'd always worked diligently to raise her and her brother, and then her father hugged her.

"How'd it go with the guy?" he asked her in a hushed voice.

"It went," Valerie replied with a giggle.

"Good," her father replied with a nod before pulling back.

Next, her little brother hugged her. He was usually away at school, so she didn't always see him when she visited her parents, though she had occasionally gone to visit him at his residence when she had a couple days off. He was doing well in school, and really seemed to be enjoying it, and while most of her family was proud of her, she was proud of him.

After their greetings were exchanged, Valerie headed upstairs. It had been a busy few days with lots of flying, and between the late time and the jet lag that had her body thinking it was even later, she was exhausted. Luckily, she had a few days to herself that she was going to spend with her family before heading out again for the weekend.

She headed upstairs to her childhood bedroom, which was always left as she'd left it. Her stuffed animals all sat on a shelf above the bed, and though it bore many of the reminders of her teenage years, there was also a nostalgia in the room linked to her younger years. The wallpaper, for one, had never changed - it was the same light pink striped pattern that her parents had chosen for her nursery back when they were first expecting her. The carpet was a neutral beige colour - it had originally been white, but her parents had quickly found that having a small child and a white carpet was a bad idea.

Her phone began to buzz, causing her to jump slightly. When she pulled it from her pocket, she saw that it was Brock requesting a Facetime. She grinned, quickly smoothing down her hair before hitting the accept button. She saw his face grinning over at her.

"Hey, beautiful. Looks like you made it home safely?" he asked.

"I literally just arrived, otherwise I would have texted you already," she said. "I haven't even started to unpack."

"It's fine," he laughed. He'd wanted her to text him when she arrived at her house, but between the line-up of hugs and the exhaustion, she hadn't had a chance. "So, let's see your house."

"No way!" she exclaimed, laughing. "We've only been dating for a few days, there's no way I'm showing off my childhood bedroom to you."

"Ooh, it's a childhood bedroom? They haven't even refurbished it into a guest room?" he asked, smirking. "Is that why the wall behind you is pink?"

"Stop it!" Valerie laughed, covering up the camera briefly. "Maybe I'll show you one day, but today's not that day."

"Fair enough," he laughed. "Anyways, I just wanted to make sure you were alright."

"I am," Valerie said with a nod. "Thanks for caring."

"Oh, I care," he replied, grinning. "Isn't it late over there?"

"It's super late," she said. "I was actually going to get ready for bed."

"Can I at least see that?"

"Goodnight, Brock!" Valerie said, laughing.

"Goodnight, Val," Brock replied, grinning before the call ended. Valerie sighed softly, setting her phone down on the nightstand and looking around. It really did feel like Christmas. She was home for a few days - not for Christmas itself, of course, but for now - spending time with her family and loved ones, and she had a boyfriend now - a boyfriend! - who cared enough to Facetime her to make sure she had arrived home safely. This was going to be the best Christmas ever.

Traditions
By PrincessLala95

"Everybody into the kitchen for truffles!"

Valerie all but shrieked with joy when she heard her mother calling upstairs. She scrambled to get dressed, throwing on a pair of red sweatpants and a black tank top before she rushed downstairs. She almost collided with her little brother at the top of the stairs, but he was much taller than her and was easily able to push past her and sprint down the stairs.

"I'm going to get all the chocolate and you're not!" he called up at her jokingly as she rushed after him.

"I'll fight you!" Valerie replied with a laugh. Her brother stopped for a moment at the bottom of the stairs to glance back at her over his shoulder, and it was just long enough for her to leap from the fifth step. Her brother let out a surprised cry, but still managed to catch her on his back, and he carried her the rest of the way to the kitchen.

"Some things never change," Valerie's father mused from where he sat at the table, peeling an orange while Valerie's mother set out bowls of various coloured sprinkles and toppings - a bowl of red, a bowl of green, a bowl of chocolate sprinkles, a bowl of mixed sprinkles, a bowl of coconut flakes...

"We heard there were truffles," Valerie's brother said as he set her down on the floor.

"There are," Valerie's mother replied with a warm grin, setting down a large bowl of chocolate on the table. "Take a seat. I'll hand out spoons, and - oh...or you can use your hands, I guess..."

It was too late, as both Valerie and her brother had each dipped their fingers into the bowl, scooping up a small handful of the semi-hardened chocolate. They both began rolling the chocolate between their hands, forming round balls, before moving the chocolate balls to a bowl of sprinkles.

"Hey, I wanted the red sprinkles!" Valerie protested.

"You can have them for your next one, have the green!" her brother said, and because his arm was longer, he got to roll his chocolate ball around in the red sprinkles while his defeated sister had to use the green for hers.

Once the little chocolate balls were thoroughly coated in sprinkles, Valerie and her brother placed them delicately into the small paper cups that her mother was in the process of setting out. Making chocolate truffles was a family tradition, something they did together every year. Though Valerie and her brother were intently focused on their chocolate, their parents were focused on something else: Valerie and her brother. Both of them were smiling, both proud and nostalgic as they watched their grown children making truffles just as they had when they were little.
Gluten-Free-Brazillian-Chocolate-Truffles-3-768x1024.jpg

Ugly Sweaters
By PrincessLala95
With Valerie home for a few days, her parents decided that today would be the perfect day to get pictures taken for their Christmas cards.

"Aren't you cutting it a bit close?" Valerie asked them, but they insisted that with ten days left until Christmas, they still had plenty of time to print and mail the pictures.

Her mother decided the theme this year, and had seen lots of ugly Christmas sweater pictures online. As such, she'd decided that they should all wear the ugly Christmas sweaters for their photo. She and Valerie's father had even gone to the liberty of buying ugly Christmas sweaters for everybody. For Valerie's brother, they'd bought an ugly sweater of his favourite sports team. For her father, they had purchased a Star Trek sweater. For her mother, there was an ugly sweater with cats on it, and for Valerie -

"You've got to be kidding me."

Valerie's father grinned as he held up the sweater they'd bought for her. "The funny thing is, we bought this before you started dating him," he said. "We knew he was your favourite wrestler, so we figured it'd be good - you know, since you don't exactly have a sweater of your own available yet."

"I'm not that over. Besides, now I'm dating him and I can't wear this!" Valerie said. "He'll laugh at me!"

"I'm sure he'll be flattered, honey, now go put on your sweater," said Valerie's mother as she walked out of the bathroom, having just changed into her sweater with the cats on it. Valerie sighed, taking the sweater and heading up to her room with it.

"You'll never guess what my parents are making me wear for our Xmas card photo," she texted to Brock quickly, setting her phone down before beginning to pull the sweater on. She was just sticking the first of her arms through the arm holes when it buzzed with his response, and once she had the sweater on, she grabbed her phone to check.

"What?" it asked, and she bit her lip slightly.

"Suplex City ugly Christmas sweater," she texted back. She paused to admire herself in the mirror for a moment. She had to admit, it did look good on her. She held up her phone to snap a quick picture before it buzzed again.

"Hahahaha," he had texted back. Valerie giggled a bit before texting him the picture.

"Valerie, let's go!" called her father's voice from downstairs.

"Coming!" she called back. She stuffed her phone in her pocket and hurried down the stairs. It would be at least a dozen takes before they had a picture that her parents actually liked. Her brother would blink in at least three of them, her father would sneeze once, one take wouldn't even have her father in it because he wouldn't make it to his spot in time after setting the timer, and all the while, Valerie's phone was shoved deep in the pocket of her jeans. She couldn't check it until they'd finished the picture, so it wasn't until after the end of their photo shoot that she'd see Brock's reply to the picture, waiting patiently on the screen of her phone:

"You look beautiful!"
ZkMP3oXl.jpg
Unseasonably Warm
By PrincessLala95

Saturday meant that it was time to head back to work. After an amazing few days with her family, Valerie was disappointed about leaving them behind, but she still felt that she'd had plenty of quality time with them. Plus, she was excited about seeing Brock again.

She left early in the morning, texting sleepily with him while she waited for her flight. Their show tonight was in Tampa, so she'd been able to pack lightly compared to the last few weeks. Tampa, from what she'd seen on the internet, was pretty hot right about now.

She took off her coat on the plane, and she immediately felt out of place upon landing. As she left the aircraft and headed to the receiving area to retrieve her luggage, she could tell that people were curiously looking at her, carrying a heavy winter coat over her arm. They probably wondered where she'd flown in from - she wasn't the only one with a winter coat in tow, though hers was definitely the bulkiest.

"Val?" came a familiar voice while she waited for her luggage to appear on the carousel. She turned around, and her eyes went wide with surprise.

"Brock!" she exclaimed. He opened his arms, and she tried not to look too excited to run forward into them. He hugged her tightly, his chin resting on top of her head.

"When you mentioned your flight number, I decided to come and meet it," he said when she pulled back, and she grinned.

"That's so sweet," she said.

"I also thought we could go grab some lunch before we have to be at the arena," he added, taking her hand and walking over to the carousel with her to wait for her luggage. "I know this great little place by the beach. It won't be too crowded right now, so we could enjoy some of the warm weather before we have to head back up to where it's cold."

Valerie laughed. "I'm not opposed to enjoying the warm weather," she replied, smiling up at him. "I'm also going to enjoy the company, though - maybe even more than the weather."

"Well, we'll see about that once you step outside," he replied with a chuckle.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
DECEMBER 9th

"Can we go faster, Daddy!" Molly shouted, clapping her hands.

Her dad laughed, shaking his head and tugging her back down onto the bench, "It's a sleigh ride, baby girl… not Nascar."

Giggling, Molly shrugged, "It's just so fun! This was the best Christmas present, ever, Daddy!" Maybe it was a silly statement to make. She was sure to get a boat load of presents the next day, stacked under the tree at her grandmother's house, but for a nine year old, it was an adventure unlike any other. Beside her, the bristles brushing her stocking-clad legs, a crooked, slightly anemic spruce tree bobbed with the motion of the sled, and Molly clung to it, the soft pine poking through her wool mittens. It was the perfect tree. The perfect present. The perfect day...

As she sank down in her seat again, there was a sudden weight that pressed on her like no little girl should ever experience. Almost perfect. But not there... not yet. With a heavy sigh she realized it was time and twisting in her seat, she fixed her dad with a solemn expression, "Hey, daddy? I need to tell you something."

• Love
Reactions: Nav
The Christmas ornament wasn't nearly as fancy as the ones from the store. It wasn't all that modern and if Rhett were to tell the truth, the face had smudges of dirt… or grime… or something. It was an angel fashioned from beige cloth and denim. The wings on the back had once been shiny, but had dulled with age. Rhett knew it added an ugliness to the waist-high plastic tree in his shoebox office, and that he could go to the store and get something that sparkled like the rest of the ornaments.

But dirt was not the only thing the angel accumulated. It was soaked in memories, drenched in happy times, a bridge back to the years gone by. Each stitch sewn by his mother before her hands were crippled with arthritis.

He slid his finger along the fishing line hanger and placed it with a gentle pride near the top of the office tree. It stood out sorely amid the sea of glossy glass and sparkle dusted ornaments, colour coordinated to the white tinsel, the red lights, and the deep, rich green plastic bristles.

His fingers danced at his side as he eyed the striking ornaments, and the angel. He must have looked like than angel in New York, he realized, among the sea of businessmen and women in crisp suits and clutched briefcases: a little haggard, a little dirty, a little different. His eyes shifted to the skyline below his office, watching each lazy flake of snow cascade down unto the city until it looked like an unfinished painting.

The apron was more food than fabric. He wore it like a battle scar, proudly defiant. Somewhere beneath the mass of batter smears was the reindeer pattern of a Christmas gift and the tethers show errant loose thread as they are torn away from the fabric.

A new stain of white batter is added right across the belly as he whisked furiously. Baking during the holidays was all Polaris could think of. Little gateaux's danced around his brain, cupcakes with rich foundant toppings. He mentally mixed and matched the ingredients like a professional shopper chooses clothes.

Sugar fever had come to number eleven Fifth Street. Knocks at the door were followed by guests letting themselves in, smiling and laughing as they descended into the kitchen. Hugs were exchanged, passing dishes deposited on the kitchen table as mingling commenced.

Wine was popped and Polaris drank as he finished the traditional Christmas cake.

• Love
Theo wormed his fingers into his chicken noodle soup and pulled out all the cubes of carrot and folds them into a napkin. I didn't say anything. I really didn't care about table manners, and I knew there was something interesting going on in his head. Aside from the bits of noodle, the carrots were his favourite part, so he must have been up to something.

He peeks up at me when the last of the carrots are set into the napkin, and grins before cleaning his pudgy little fingers in his mouth. I could barely make out the name "Dasher," from his full mouth. The chunks of stewed carrot were for his favorite Santa reindeer. I nod seriously.

"We can put them in a tin for Dasher," I suggest.

He grinned, wiping his fingers off on the leg of his trousers. He scooped up the napkin of carrots and marches into the kitchen.

"Where you going, Theo?" I asked after him, standing from my own empty placemat and following him into the kitchen. He pointed up to my silver serving spoon.

"You want to use that?" I asked, leaning over him and grabbing the spoon to offer to him.

He snatched it from me and dumped the carrots into it, running to place it near his stocking, hanging from the window conditioner unit. We didn't have a fireplace, so Santa had to come in through the vent. I followed the trail of carrot bits into the living room.

"Santa?" he asked with the spoon of carrot pieces placed.

"You want a treat for Santa, too?" I frowned as he nodded. "I'm sorry, bud. We don't have cookies." Butter was expensive.

But Theo didn't care. He marched me back into the kitchen and got a tin of tuna down from the cupboard. "Santa," he said, running back where he came and placing it next to the spoon of carrot bits.

"I didn't know Santa liked tuna," I said with a weary smile.

It looked like I was having tuna and stewed for dinner.

• Love
"Nun, again?" An annoyed expression twisted Nicholai's face as he sat cross-legged on the living room rug, surrounded to either side by four children about twenty years his junior.

The eldest of the children sniggered, snatching up the dreidel and giving it a hard spin. The wooden top skittered on its point in tight spins until it flung out to one side and landed.

"Gimel!" the boy cried, snatching up all the gelt in their gold wrappers and dragging it into the pile at his feet. The others, including Nicholai, groaned.

"You're getting everything," Nicholai pointed out. The other children, and himself, only possessed three or four of the chocolate coins in their stash, while the eldest boy, Roger, had a small mountain. He grinned sheepishly and shrugged.

"I'm good at spinning," he declared.

Gelt was added to the pot and Valerie snatched up the dreidel to spin.

"This is my last piece," Nicholai announced, throwing in the chocolate coin. "At least let me get another turn! No one get Gimel before it's my turn."

"Shin," Valerie groaned when the top stopped spinning, taking her second to last coin and throwing it into the pot. "It's no fair! Why does Roger get all the gelt?"

"It's the game," Roger answered with a smug smirk. "And I'm gunna win!"

Max spun and grunted at his Nun, nudging the dreidel to Nicholai with the tip of toe and a pout.

"My turn? Better get something, or I'm out." Nicholai picked up the top and spun it. It scattered, rolling to Hey before tipping over one more time to land on Nun.

"Looks like I'm out!" he laughed, resting his hands on his knees as he poised to stand. "Have fun with the game."

"Wait!" Roger interjected, extending two pieces of gelt towards Nicholai. "Don't leave. Play another round?"

Nicholai's smile softened as he took the chocolate coins. "Of course. I have all day."

The house was as well constructed as a toddler's Lincoln Logs creation, with sections jutting out left and right. A strong wind might have been enough to blow it down. The rooms changed their order in the daily stack, as if they got bored of being in the same position for too long. Inside, ladders dangled from holes in the ceiling as the only way to get to the higher rooms.

Clocks ticked, cat's stared, and windows kept popping up out of nowhere, changing shapes a few times and disappearing with a sudden bang. Doors changed the walls they were on in a whimsical fashion. The house sung quietly silly songs to itself.

The wizard's home shivered under its shingle roof. The wind was too cold and the snow too wet; it wanted to be somewhere warmer. When the Wizard woke Christmas morning, he knew the house had been up to no good in the night. He'd fallen asleep under the thickest blankets and woken up sweating, throwing every single cover on the floor. Light streamed in through the windows, which were larger than the night before and somewhat more rounded, losing the greenish hue the forest gave them.

The log cabin style walls were made of beach-hut planks, and the house was humming happily.

"House!" cried the wizard. "What have you done?" he shrieked over the crashing waves nearby.

The wizard shuffled through the house with a hairy, furrowed brow, the gloominess of the home lost with sunlight illuminating every speck of dust. The wizard did not possess a vacuum cleaner; he did not realize such a thing had been invented. He'd lived in the ancient, snowy forests of the north for hundreds of years, after all. Mounds of soot, layers of dust, and ropes of cobwebs covered every surface.

He flung through cabinents and counters, sending vials and bulbs of portions flying to the floor. The house shivered and went silent. Into the living room, the wizard marched, swirling past the palm tree in the center of the room, adorned with lights and glass ornaments. He went to the door, peering through the glass and cringing at the sight of people walking past.

"House!" he cried again. "This is terrible! No good! Take us back at once!" He stomped his foot on the wooden floorboards, giving the House a smack. The House shook its walls, refusing.

"You're a no good House," the wizard muttered, storming back to the living room, kicking the Christmas palm tree as he shuffled to the windows to draw all the drapes closed. "I knew it from when you were a little cottage."

The House groaned, shaking the floor in protest like it was a young hut once more. As it did, the palm tree swayed back and forth, an ornament fell to the ground and shattered. With a swirl of his hand, a broom scurried out from the linen closet and began to sweep up the shards of glass unattended.

The wizard stomped.

"Take us back, or you won't get your Christmas present, House!"

The House fell silent, pausing to think. In a flash of light, the beach was gone. The waves were a distant sound memory long forgotten, and the vines of the forest curled back around the square—not round—windows. The wizard smiled, pleased.

"That is a good House."

The broom dumped the glass into the bin and walked itself back into the closet. Another wave of the wizard's hands warped the House as a fire place grew from where the palm tree once stood. A wiggle of the wizard's fingers ignited a warm fire in its hearth.

"Better?"

The House grunted and sunk its walls deeper towards the fire.

"Merry Christmas, House."

• Love
DECEMBER 10th

Molly woke with a start, a gasp escaping as she straightened upright. Figments of the dream hung in her mind, even as she popped awake, and she could still hear the trotting hooves of the horse drawing the sleigh, see their comically large reindeer horns, sticking out above the wooden rails. She could smell the cold, frosty air and the cinnamon sticks in their hot apple cider.

That had been the last Christmas she'd spent with her father. Her dad, infuriated over what he'd done to Molly, shot Bruce Phillips with a .33. Three months later, he went away, and she went to live with her mother. Six weeks after that, her mom met Jerry. And for eight more years, Molly learned that sometimes, even for kids, life isn't always fair. Jerry was worse than Bruce in so many ways…

Untangling her legs from the linens, Molly rose from the bed, checking the clock on the nightstand. It was 3:00 AM, but she knew there was no chance she'd fall back to sleep. Her mind had switched on like a projector, and the film playing in her head was not one she wanted to watch.

Slipping into a robe, she made her way from her bedroom to the living room, where Chris lay curled on the couch, as comfortable as a six-foot man could be on a five-foot, five-inch couch. The lights from the tree danced across his face like a miniature lightshow, blues and greens and reds. He stirred, as she approached, looked up at her sleepily and those beautiful colors reflected in his eyes.

"Hey, Mol. You okay?"

Slowly, Molly shook her head and as he sat up, he held out his arms. She went to him, broke into sobs as she burrowed into his chest.

As I worked in the kitchen preparing lunch for six, I heard footsteps behind me. It was not Piper's tread and I wondered if one of the others had been sent to finish me off rather than endure any more of my demands and questions. I wasn't precisely afraid, but I was wary and tense.

"Please have a seat," I chirped out without swiveling around to see who it was. "I'm at a critical moment here with the rosemary butter sauce for the pear and ricotta ravioli."

Silence. Then the scraping of a chair across the floor and someone sat.

More silence, then:

"Pear and ricotta ravioli? That sounds … interesting."

There was no mistaking Alarc's soft, perpetually distracted-sounding voice. I turned around and saw my cat Imp rubbing up against his legs, as he sat there peaceably.

I gave Alarc a small nod and a faint smile, then turned back to my task. "We're also having hazelnut chicken, butternut squash soup, freshly-made bread, green salad, and, hmmm, stuffed portabella mushrooms. Dessert is apple crumb with bourbon cream topping."

I heard him get up and then walk softly behind me. I still hadn't ruled out the possibility of a dagger in the back, but I tried to relax.

"Lady Briar," he began.

(Lady Briar? Wow!)

"Is there any way I can be of assistance?"

He smelled great; his cologne had subtle notes of vanilla, peru basalm, and sandalwood, put on with a light touch. Excellent choice!

"How kind of you to ask, my lord," I replied (if I could be Lady Briar, then I figured I should return the favor). "There's a jug of spiced cider in the refrigerator. If you could put that on the counter here, that would be very helpful. I'll be warming that up last."

"My pleasure," he murmured, suiting word to deed.

In a few minutes, I was done. "That should be about it," I declared putting the remaining dishes on the table. I reached back to untie my apron but Alarc had beat me to it.

"Allow me, my lady," he said in a courtly voice. His breath was warm across the nape of my exposed neck, his hands lingered ever so slightly, and I felt pretty sure I was being played. After all, everyone had caught me in an R-rated embrace with Love Talker, Jr. I wouldn't blame them if they thought that pretty men and sensuality comprised my Achilles' heel.

"Thank you, Alarc, you're very thoughtful," I acknowledged politely, while quickly letting down my hair to cover my exposed neck.

Still, I was surprised to have him catch my hands and raise one lightly to his sensitively-shaped lips. "Please forgive any former offenses, lady. I assure you that we will tell you whatever we can. And I apologize for trespassing on your hospitality."

"Oh," I said weakly (that went better than I thought it would!). "That's very good. Thank you. I hope I can be of assistance. Ah, everyone should probably eat now while the food is still hot."

As if in response to a signal (how sensitive is fairy hearing?), the others trooped in, somewhat subdued, but not sullen, and began to fill their plates. Lunch started off quietly, but I was happy to see them fill their plates with seconds, their spirits lift, and conversation become more lively.

After the dessert course, I put the burning question out there.

"Any volunteers to help me decorate the perfect tree in the front yard? You'll be able to see it from the living room as well as from the front bedrooms upstairs. It will look beautiful at night, I promise."

Oooh, why did I have to mention bedrooms – and night. Several of them swiftly gave me "that look." Well, moving right along! I couldn't let their misguided impressions bog me down.

After lunch, I found myself deftly guided to my own study by Alarc and Calpa.

I could see Tasha hadn't liked Alarc leaving his line of sight, but Calpa said something to him sternly in another language which, from the tone of it, was something like "You don't trust me to protect him?!" To which Tasha growled softly in reply and then unhappily slunk away to stand guard elsewhere.

Piper had already darted out of sight, and Sionnach looked after us with bright curiosity flickering in his garnet brown eyes. I wondered if he would find a way to eavesdrop. (I guess it was too much to hope that my guests might wash the dishes.)

It was high-handed of the two fey to steer me to a room in my own house, but all this intrigue and danger had worn out my resistance. I desperately longed for a sweet afternoon nap after all that pasta!

Happily, I had done a thorough house-cleaning in anticipation of Piper spending a few days with me, so I didn't have to be mortified at the condition of the library. It was not a room I generally invited people into and it rather reflected my off-beat tastes.

As one entered the study there was the huge gothic carved sideboard/buffet to the wall on the far left, and on the right, a regency day bed of Brazilian wood, reupholstered in midnight blue velvet, that resided under a nearby window. Before reaching my battered old mahogany writing desk, one had to cross a worn oriental carpet of pale blue and gold and pass by the library shelves (admittedly, not organized very well at all).

There was a small round table in front of my desk accompanied by two antique armchairs in a faded pale gold print, but I couldn't have them sit there. It would seem too much like an interview!

I think that's what they had planned on, but I led them to the furthest corner on the left, where there was a black L-shaped leather couch and some side tables and offered them cognac (the old sideboard doubled as a liquor cabinet).

Calpa peered at me as I poured the amber liquid into snifters. "I should probably have you taste that first," he grumbled, "but you can, no doubt, turn poison into water with a wave of your hand."

I made a snarly face at him. "You really DO want to get conked on the bean, don't you?"

Unexpectedly, his lips curved in a little smile (much against his will, I'm sure!) and he closed his eyes for a second, as if painfully surrendering to the decree of the universe, then accepted a glass.

Alarc, having lapsed back into his normal spacy self by now, paid little attention to our byplay. Instead, he looked around dreamily, letting his eyes wander over the eccentricities of the room.

"Reindeer, are they not?" Alarc asked, looking puzzled.

Oh shoot. "Yes," I replied brightly. "It's quite in keeping with holiday tradition."

"There's rather a lot of them," he said wonderingly.

Calpa looked closer at the etched coasters on the table. "These, too. Is there something special about reindeers?"

I have a thing for reindeers. I get to indulge it without drawing attention to myself during Christmas. Reindeer mugs, reindeer coasters, reindeer tablecloths, reindeer snow globes. In particular, they were both gazing now at the large, gilded reindeer stocking holders on the mantelpiece.

"Positively!" I fibbed, trying not to blush, "They are legendary for flying through the air on Christmas eve, bringing presents to small children everywhere."

Calpa gave me the "big fat liar" look of death, but Alarc snapped his fingers. "I saw that on the television! It was … interesting."

"Yes, indeed," I agreed. "And did you know that the reindeer is supposedly the only domesticated deer in the world? But enough about Rangifers! What brings you gentlemen to this part of the world?"

My long conversation with Alarc and Calpa left me with much to consider. Before I could sit down for a good solitary think, Piper and Tash were sent to me (under orders) to help me decorate outside.

We hung the huge fir in the front yard with twinkling silver ornaments and slow-pulsing white lights to create an ethereal image which would glow in the darkness.

The outside of the house itself got a more traditional treatment, just triple strands of colored lights under the eaves and green wreaths on the front door and upon the outside of the third floor windows.

Tash, who seems to revel in physical activity at any given time, was enjoying himself and went away disappointed that there wasn't more to do.

Piper was still tight-lipped and wouldn't meet my eye which both tweaked my conscience and made me irritated at the same time. I drew him aside before he could escape.

"Piper! Don't even think of running away," I snapped. "What is wrong with you!? Are you mad at me because I kissed someone?"

He looked at me with an expression on his face that was bitterly mulish. "You were my friend, not theirs. And now you like them better. Plus you kissed a love-talker. How stupid can you be? "

I rolled my eyes and then fiercely pushed him down in an ample pile of fresh snow. "You're an idiot! Such an idiot! And a baby! Give me ten snow angels, soldier!" Sprites!

I could tell he wanted to continue to punish me with pouting, but it was his nature to be playful and curious. Still, he wasn't ready to make it easy for me. He glinted a haughty look at me sideways.

"What's a snow angel?" he asked, trying to sound petulant, but he couldn't squelch the smile that was sneaking onto his face.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
I decided it was time for another Christmas. It was only two months since our last in December, but two months was as good as a decade to a young boy. Theo smoothed out his stocking over the air conditioner unit as Jingle Bells played off my old IPod.

I wish I knew more of the words. Man, I missed having the internet at home, but we couldn't afford it. I remembered the words to the "Batman smells" version better than the original, but I haven't told Theo yet. I was saving it for when he was a cheeky ten year old.

In one hand, Theo carries his donut. In the other, tinsel. We didn't have a tree, but he threw tinsel over everything he could find. It worked well enough; he didn't complain. I think what had him so giddy was the donut. I feel good and bad about it.

Good, because he deserved a feast of sweets to lighten the monotony of our lives. Bad because it was like eating money. Junk food was expensive and, deep down, there was still a part of me that was prudish and hoarding.

Next time we have a Christmas, I was planning to get a tree. Or a branch, or something. The more traditions I could build into his life, the better. There was security in routines. It's why I'd have a Christmas every month, if we had to.

"How's the tinsel coming, tinsel-boy?" I asked, popping my hip against the dining room table and watching.

He held up the last of the reflective silver strands and waved them at me. "Ornaments?" he asked.

"Yea, I gotta haul the box up from the downstairs closet."

I just hoped it was worth it.

It was not an ugly sweater party, yet we wore ugly sweaters all the same. Why? Because they were gifts, from Grandma Maggie and when we rolled into her house Christmas Eve, her wrinkled face lit up seeing us all in our sweaters. Of course, big brother Alan looked like a poodle in his… the woven collar poofing out around his neck, which turned red from the amount of scratching induced by the wool strands.

The arms of my sweater were too short, and I kept itching. My skin was going to peel away and bleed if I scratched anymore. My wrists were raw and red but I forced a grimacing smile when I stepped into the overly hot flat.

"Hi, gran," I said. My younger brother, Tim, ran off. He was eight and he got away with skipping to the basket of toys Gran kept in the living room without saying hi. At sixteen, I didn't get away with that kind of shenanigans anymore, nor did my older brother, who said hi and scratched his chest.

Ma seemed the only one comfortable in her sweater, for even da ripped his off the minute we stepped inside.

"Too hot to keep this on, ma," he said, stepping over to kiss gran's cheek. "Hope you don't mind."

"Not at all," she replied, sitting in her rocking chair that was even older than herself. Her body was as still as the granny smith apples in the fruit bowl, but her fingers moved fast in an exact routine, a white scarf, bejeweled with an array of different stitches extending from her knitting needles.

I hoped the scarf wasn't for me.

"Yea, thanks for the sweaters, gran," I said. "They're really nice."

Gran didn't have a lot of money and, what was more, the arthritis in her knuckles made even knitting hard these days. She must have started on these sweaters for us in August, in order to get all of them done. I knew I could suffer through it for one day, if only to make gran feel happy.

She admired me in the wool knit. "I'm only glad you like them," she answered with a gleam in her eye and a smile tightening the slack skin in her cheeks.

There'd been a time in her life when Christmas morning meant shoveling the drive because, otherwise, the city would fine her for not having cleared the snow within twenty-four hours. Those were the bygone days, and she couldn't say she missed them.

Avery's eyelids fluttered closed as she breathed in the briny aroma, scrunching her toes into the softness of the sand, still damp from the retreating, Christmas tide. The sand blurs out in a blissful trance, the shore fading into liquid gold, vivid in the brilliant light. Her pale lips curve upward.

Gazing off into the horizon, the flaring hues of the sun rising are like a divine painting. The balmy eighty-five degrees breathes comfortable against her skin and bathing suit. Her family wanted to visit for the holidays to "get away somewhere warm for a few weeks," but she'd told them she'd be working the holiday. She wasn't. The lie didn't bother her.

Instead, she yawned and stretched out further across her beach chair, swirling the ice-cubes in her morning mojito around the glass.

Through narrowed eyes, she watched as the waves overlap one another, sending the white bubbling crests descending, making the shore with transparent fading water.

Christmas was a time to be with family, huh? Avery snorted and rolled her head back.

"Joao, be a dear and fetch me another mojito, would you?" she called to the cabana boy.

Who needed family when you had a cabana boy?

• Love
DECEMBER 11th

"I know there's not a lot to say, Mol… but I'm here, and if you need to talk it out."

The words had been his mantra for so long now, that had he been anyone less genuine, Molly might've suspected he was saying them purely out of habit. This time, though, something felt different when she heard them, and for a flickering second or two, she was completely silent, warring in her mind over the new breakthrough and what exactly it meant. The fact was, she wanted to tell him. She wanted to open her mouth and spill her guts. Let loose. Let go. And that had never happened before.

Through all the media coverage over the years, most of the story had surfaced, but it was the little details that she had held back. The little details she couldn't bear to talk about. And Chris had been so patient.

Curling closer, she breathed in deeply, "This whole thing… I… I keep thinking about my dad. Everything that happened. How much of this mess could have been avoided. I hate thinking that if I had just said something sooner… Or if I hadn't said anything at all…"

"You can't think that way, Molly. What happened was terrible… but it might've been a lot worse if you hadn't spoken up. What was that thing you told me your Nona was always saying?"

"If you don't wear pantyhose, God'll smite you?"

Laughing softly, Chris ran his fingers gingerly through her hair, "I was thinking about that thing slightly more relevant to the conversation at hand, Mols…"

"...Every cloud has a silver lining. She didn't exactly coin the phrase, Babe…"

Shaking his head, Chris sank back and Molly curled deeper into his grasp, "No… but she has a point, right? Everything that happened to you, it's lead you here. And I'm not negating it. I'm not trying to say I'm glad you went through it… and if I could, I'd go back and change it, myself. But I love you, Molly… and I wouldn't have ever gotten the chance to be with you, if you hadn't come to counseling when you did…"

Shifting, Molly turned to face him, smiling dryly, "Are you trying to say you're my silver lining, Chris?"

Rubbing the back of his neck, Chris flushed, laughing, "This isn't going well…"

"...Because if that's what you're saying, you're right. It's true… and I'm sorry. I've just been… I've been a mess, but I need you to know, I'm glad you're here, Chris. I need you… I always have, and I always will."

Leaning forward, Chris pressed a kiss to her forehead, before sinking back against the cushions, "Get some sleep, Mol. I'm not going anywhere."
DECEMBER 12th

"I don't understand… Is it a baby? Or a jar…? Or… oh my God. A baby in a jar? What sick person painted this??" Eyeing the painting above the mantle, Chris shook his head and under her breath, Molly tried desperately not to break into laughter, catching his arm to tug him away with a desperate shake of her head.

"You told me you'd behave… ugly artwork, and all?"

"Hey. I said I'd be nice. I never said I'd behave." He teased, giving her side a pinch and with a small squeak, Molly swatted his hand.

"Well, be nice and behave, hm? This is my boss, and I'd rather not lose my job two weeks from Christmas."

"Was nice they invited us…" Chris noted with a nod, "Though I'm still a little fuzzy on the whole idea of this dinner."

Chuckling, Molly shook her head, "Ben and Haidee will explain, Chris. Don't worry. It's Hanukkah dinner, not a top secret government mission." Hooking her arm through his, she tipped onto her toes and kissed his cheek, and as she straightened, she came nearly face to face with an oddly tall blonde woman, with a faintly pinched face, her thin lips pursed as she stared at Chris and Molly. Her eyes, deep blue, were so much like Ian's that for a moment, Molly's breath caught hard in her throat as she gasped.

"Susan??"

"Molly…" The woman whispered. For a moment, silence passed between them, before she stepped forward to take Molly's hands, "I had no idea you'd be here, but I'm so glad… so so glad you are. I need to talk to you about-"

"The letter?"

Frowning, the woman's cheeks blanched, "You got it, then?"

"I did. A few days ago."

"I am so sorry. I… I tried to stop the delivery from going through, but the post office said I didn't have permission. I… Oh, Molly. I never meant for you to have to deal with that. To have to go back…"

Giving her hands a squeeze, Molly shook her head, swallowing hard, "It's not your fault, Susan. Honestly, I'm not angry. Least of all with you. Please… Just… don't even worry about it."

"You're sure?"

"Positive." Forcing a smile, Molly released her.

Stepping back, Susan's eyes drifted to Chris, before falling to Molly again, "...Very well. You take care of yourself, sweetie."

"You, too, Susan." Molly said, but the woman had already begun blending back into the crowd.

"Mol…?" Chris started, but she shook her head firmly.

"Let's just enjoy the party, babe. Please."

DECEMBER 13th

The porcelain shatterer when the plate hit the wall, deli-sliced turkey and canned cranberry sauce splattering the carpet in a Jackson Pollock nightmare. Carol stared, dumbstruck at the mess, and from where she stood, Molly's eyes narrowed tighter onto her mother. Her hands shook, and no matter how hard she clenched them, the tremors would not cease as anger coursed its way through her with inescapable fury.

She'd never had a temper, Molly… and maybe that was part of the problem. All that had happened… all that she'd gone through, she had never once gotten angry. Till now. The words had been like a slap to the face - burning and stinging still, even after their resonance had faded…

Your father deserves to be there…

Those six simple, hateful words had been enough, finally, to push Molly to the breaking point, and she was done.

"You knew what was happening to me, mother! You knew and you did nothing! The only person who deserves to be behind bars is you! My entire life, these creeps, coming and going, doing whatever they wanted and you knew, and didn't do a thing to stop it!" Sucking in a sharp breath, biting at her cheek to still the tears that threatened to break, she shook her head, "I'm done. I'm just done. I thought… I thought maybe after all that happened you had learned something… that maybe you'd care enough to straighten yourself out, but clearly I was wrong… and I'm done."

She turned to go and Carol's chair clattered to the floor as she stood up, her own voice a sharp, prodding stick, "Where do you think you're going!?"

"...I'm leaving. I have nothing here, anymore, Mom."

"This is your home, Molly…"

"It was never my home. You made sure of that." Fiercely, breaking skin inside her mouth, she bit down and spinning on her heels, Molly left… Molly left and for eight years, following that night, she never looked back.
DECEMBER 14th

Morning dawned, and Molly woke with a pounding headache, to the sound of clattering in the kitchen. Sitting up, she rubbed her forehead with a groan, pushing her feet over the side of the couch to stand. As she rose, Chris appeared in the doorway, a glimpse of Heaven with a steaming cup of coffee perched between his hands. Breathing out, Molly nodded.

"My salvation."

"Well, don't worship me yet, baby..." Chris offered with a chuckle, "I made coffee, but I think I might've broken the dishwasher."

"Well, you could always stay over again... fix it?" Molly asked, hopefully. She knew though, it was only her insecurities, her fears of the past that drove her to it. He couldn't stay forever. Eventually, she'd have to face what was ahead of her. Ahead of them.

Smiling, Chris shook his head, as if he'd read her mind and crossing the room, he delivered the coffee to her hands, "I'd stay, Mol... but you and I both know it won't help. And not just with the dishwasher. It won't get you past this. You told me when we got engaged... you needed someone to lean on, but you didn't want a crutch. Soon enough, we'll be married, and then you won't be able to get rid of me, but in the meantime, do you really want me hanging around all the time?"

Laughing, Molly blew steam from the top of the mug, shaking her head, "Lord, no."

"Ha! That was a trick question, you brat. You were supposed to say yes."

"I know."

Grinning, he leaned forward and pressed a kiss to her forehead, "I love you, Molly. What's on your agenda today?"

"Visiting Dad. It's tradition" She stated, quietly, taking a sip of the coffee to give herself something to do.

"You need company?" He asked, softly.

"Maybe. But I have to go alone." With another full sip, she set the mug down and cupping his cheeks in her hands, she leaned in to kiss him, warmly, "You're right. I don't want a crutch, and I meant it when I said that... but if you're here when I get back, that's okay, too."

"You got it, Mol."
Two hours later, Molly found herself sitting before an all too familiar glass partition, staring through the thick, unbreakable plate at the aging face beyond. Her father still looked the same to her as he always did, but there was no denying the crinkles by his eyes and soft tufts of grey hair at his temples. He smiled, but in his smile she always saw sadness. The sadness of a father who felt like he had failed his little girl... the sadness of a father who missed his freedom.

"Hey Dad." She started softly, in the receiver of the black phone.

Chuckling, her father nodded, "Hey Noodle. How's it been?"

"Good... good." It was never awkward with her father, when she visited throughout the year, but for some reason, Christmas always felt different. Maybe because she knew it was always his favorite time of year. Maybe because it was when all their troubles began.

Gesturing to her finger, he grinned, "It's soon, right?"

"A few weeks." She answered with a nod, "We decided to wait till after the New Year. Martha was worried it would be too hectic at Christmas."

Her father chuckled again, shaking his head, "Martha's just worried you'll miss that ridiculous Christmas dinner at her place if you're on your honeymoon."

Smiling, Molly shook her head, "Probably still is. She moved it to tomorrow night. Listen, dad... I need to tell you something."

"What's up, sweetheart?" His expression shifted to one she knew all too well - a steeling sort of look that suggested he was readying himself for the worst. And in his case, she could only assume he expected her to stop coming to see him. She was the only one who did, these days...

"I got a letter, Dad. From Ian. I think he meant to send it, after... after the accident, but he didn't the chance. Anyway, his mom accidentally okayed the delivery and I got it yesterday."

"Oh, Mol. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

"To be honest, I'm not sure what I am. I just... I wonder sometimes why things happened the way they did. Why they had to happen that way. I wonder if I had just... kept my mouth shut--"

"Molly." He interjected, his voice gravely with emotion, "Don't. Don't you start with what ifs. I talked to you about that before. No one... not me, not Ian, would ever regret the decisions we made for you. You're safe, Molly... and I would spend a hundred more years in here if that was the outcome. And Ian wouldn't have changed his mind, either."

"...I just... I feel lost, Dad."

"I know, sweetheart. But you're strong. You are so strong. You got through worse than this, and you'll get through this, too."

"I'm gonna go see him..."

"You think that's a good idea?" A frown turned his lips down, and she noticed more wrinkles at the edge of his mouth, "I thought you'd decided it was better to let it all go?"

"...I have to. I... I still haven't found it, dad. That closure."

Nodding, he put his hand to the glass, "You will, baby girl. But don't lose sight of what you do have, looking for it, okay? Sometimes it's better to move on. Anyway. That's time. Will I see you again this week?"

"I'll try to swing by again. Love you, Daddy."

"I love you, Noodle. Merry Christmas."
DECEMBER 15th

Arriving home that evening, Molly should have known from the sinking feeling in her stomach that things weren't going to go well. The fight had started as simply as misplaced words. Chris had told Molly that his mother wanted them to wear ugly sweaters to her party, and Molly had sighed... asked if she really even needed to go. She hadn't meant it... not really, and she couldn't blame him for getting angry, nor could she really fault him when he retorted with a sharp 'at least no one gets shot at my family Christmas parties'.

It had hurt, and he'd known that it was wrong to say as much, and she should have let him say as much - should have stayed to hear the apology, apologized herself, for being stupid, for being broken. But instead, she had left. She had run. Because that was what Molly was good at.

Running. Hiding. Avoiding.

In the graveyard south of Peterson street, she sat before Ian's headstone and the tears flowed without pause, her nose burning as the dampness nearly crystallized in the freezing cold. The letter was crumpled in the glove of her right hand, and as she sobbed, she stared at the name on the marker, shaking her head.

"Why would you do this, Ian? Why would you send this? Why now? I was so close! So close to getting past it, getting better. Why would you do this to me?" No answers would come. None ever did. And she shouldn't have expected them to. Losing him had been sudden and harsh and no sense could be made of it. No reason.

She wanted to go back. Back home to Chris. Back to their conversation about Ugly Sweaters and parties and all things joyous and bright. She wanted to go back to a time before her father had shot a man to protect his little girl... back to a time before Ian Callahan had followed so close in her father's footsteps.
DECEMBER 16th

"I don't want you going in there, Ian!" Molly shouted. She never shouted, but somehow, someway, she had to get through to him. He was stubborn, but he was also reasonable. So reasonable. It was part of what had drawn her to him - his practicality... his rationality. He was so much like her father, in so many way. It was a large part of why, despite everything she had been through, she had agreed to be with him forever.

But like her father, she had been stupid. She had told him about Jerry. And so like her father, he had gone to settle the score... But Molly was determined to break the cycle this time.

"Please, Ian! Please don't do this." The tears flowed readily now, and Molly felt them hot against her cold cheeks, "I can't lose you. Not like this..."

Ian sighed and looking to her, his eyes softened, "I wasn't gonna hurt him, Mol. But it needs to stop."

"It will, Ian. It has. You... you took me away from it. From all of it. I'm not scared of him, anymore... and he can't hurt me."

"...But he could do it to someone else, Molly." Frowning, Ian put his hand on the car door again, "Just... just stay in the car. Please? I'll be fine. I swear. I won't hurt him. But just... stay in the car."

She should have fought harder. She should have told him no. Begged him not to go. When the gunshot rang out a few minutes later, deafened by the sounds of Molly screaming, the blood pounding in her ears, she knew that she should have fought harder.
It wasn't the bullets that killed Ian. No. He had lived... for six blessed weeks he had lived. They had gone away to Florida - it was warm... unseasonably warm... and sunny and bright and everything had seemed well again. Perfect again.

Myocarditus is what stole him away, in the end. Scar tissue from the surgery that had saved his life. She'd lost him just before Christmas...

"And you just had to write it..." She whispered again, sniffing softly as she dropped the letter into the grass before his tombstone, "You had to make it hurt more. I told you not to go, Ian. I told you not to..." But just like her father... just like Chris, he thought of her first...

After dunking Piper's head in the snow (leaving him giggling and reassured that he hadn't been discarded), I took refuge in my bedroom suite to clear my head and take a breather.

This rambling old house's age was reflected in the geography of the rooms. In my bedroom I had placed my favorite bed of all time, a massive old Chinese wedding bed (though one of my friends calls it "the opium bed") retrofitted for modern comfort. The structure included the traditional "greeting area"—an attached front area large enough for two people to sit and have tea. Though I used it as a reading nook.

A dressing room and full bath were attached to the bedroom. There was also a narrow staircase from the dressing room, which spiraled down to the kitchen. Without poking into past history, I had gotten a creepy feeling from it and never used it. The top of the staircase met with a door that locked from the inside of the room.

I had several hours before I had to start making dinner and a lot to process.

Curling up in the armchair by the window, I could hear the murmurs of distant conversation, but had no interest in eavesdropping. Just a few moments to unwind…

Alarc (and Calpa, when Alarc's attention wandered) had just explained to me in the study that the fey believed, courtesy of an oracle, that Alarc and his brother, Brogan, shared but one soul between them. (Soul, for lack of a better word--the fey were forever debating that, despite known instances of the reincarnated in their ranks.) Thus, Alarc's distracted demeanor at most times. Since they were, respectively, sons of Seelie and Unseelie noblemen, in line for the thrones, and children were not born often to the Sidhe, this presented a problem.

Some fey were in favor of imprisoning both Alarc and Brogan for life.

Others believed a duel to the death between the brothers would solve the problem.

Their mother, confined to her estate, had grown increasingly withdrawn until she totally cut off all contact with them. The brothers themselves were in no state to make a decision, vacillating as they did between being totally aware and drifting in some unseen landscape.

After a few hundred years of no progress, their fathers agreed on the solution of a magickal battle which some idiot had presented to them that would draw the soul essence out of one and gift it to the other. (It was not clear to me what exactly would happen to the loser of such a battle. But assuredly it wouldn't be good!)

Alarc and Brogan had been sent to the mundane world with their respective retainers with the injunction that the ceremony would be conducted by the end of the year. Which was fast approaching. I drew the conclusion that neither brother was eager to injure the other.

Terrible solutions, all! What was needed was a different ceremony. Not one that offered death or destruction. But a celebration of life.

To complicate things, Brogan's lawless companions had decided to bend the rules and attacked the house at which Alarc and the others had been residing in the dark hours of the morning, burning it to the ground. The building already being a loss, the first priority was to get Alarc to safety, not escalate fighting. Thus, Piper led them to my home, knowing that my land was warded.

I drowsily mediated on their faces as I had seen them: Alarc, the Seelie princeling, and the skunk-haired Unseelie, Brogan. I let my subconscious take over, seeking guidance. Images merged with each other, a path began to untangle.

Yule. The Winter Solstice. The Horned God, see him as you will, Cernunnos or Gwyn ap Nudd, in essence the Wild lord of the Hunt, is both the Holly King and the Oak King, two god kings with a twin soul, but one complete entity. Each of rules for half of a year, fights for the favor of the Goddess, and "dies." But not a true death, merely a withdrawal of rulership for six months.

At the winter solstice the Oak King wins the fight to rule and the Holly King is defeated.

At midsummer, they fight for the hand of the Earth Maiden and the Holly King wins and rules.

(Very long ago, I had been marked by Gwyn ap Nudd. It burned, the mark of the stag. But I was glad of it. Was it for this, that it had been done? I had learned that no incidents in my existence were truly isolated.)

There might be an answer buried here. If I were given enough time to find it. But first, I would have to find and talk to Brogan to find out his will in this matter without his bodyguards trying to kill me or hold me hostage.

I had been curled up in the old armchair in my room that afternoon, thinking things over. Images played in my mind of Brogan and Alarc and of the battling kings of Oak and Holly at Yule.

But Brogan and Alarc were no kings. They were lost boys, despite their adult appearance. A Yule ceremony might have been a solution, but the more I contemplated it, the more I came to believe that it just wasn't their solution.

I deeply wished there could be a truce between the two factions, even if just for a little while. If only the two brothers could communicate without a whole court at each of their backs, clamoring for a fight.

The pounding at my bedroom door made me jerk my head back with the realization that I had completely dozed off. Well, I had received more than my share of excitement in the past several hours.

I sprang up and opened the door, fully expecting that something was on fire (but wouldn't Calpa with his mastery over water or Sionnach with his fire affinity be able to take handle that?). I found Piper standing there, his green eyes wide with excitement.

"Is the house on fire, Piper?" I asked, sniffing the air for smoke. "Or has the cat thrown up on Calpa's boots?"

"No, better than that," he replied, brightly. "We have a request from Brogan's people for a temporary truce. They want to come here and talk. Calpa sent me to get you – I mean, can you please come down and meet with us?"

I thought to myself, hmph, why couldn't the high and mighty Calpa come to ask me, himself? What an aristobrat!

"Tell the others that I'll meet them in the living room in five minutes, please," I patted Piper on the arm. "And try not to hyperventilate."

He nodded grinningly and raced off.

I turned and looked at myself in the mirror, critically. After this many lives, I'm not vain, but it doesn't give you an edge with the Sidhe fey to appear looking like you've just been out slopping the hogs—or making snow angels.

I quickly changed into a mid-length black wool skirt, black boots and a fawn-colored cashmere sweater set. Running a brush through my dark ash-blonde hair, I hastily pinned a few long strands to the back of my head, away from my face. I reached into an enameled jewelry box and pulled an ancient smoky quartz and moonstone necklace with a carved onyx pendant from out of the jumble. Slinging it over my head, I went down the stairs and into the living room.

As I entered, Sionnach gave me a simmering look from head to toe and, rising languidly from the couch, offered me his place with a courtly bow. "You clean up nicely," he whispered seductively. (Ack! How patronizing, considering he and I had already done more than shake hands.)

I shot him a "don't fuck with me, you idiot" look, seated myself on the couch next to a stern-faced Calpa, and glanced around at the others. Piper was leaning against a window ledge looking fidgety. Tasha was standing alertly at the other entrance to the living room, the perfect bodyguard. Alarc was lounging in the large armchair to the right of the fireplace with a rather blank look on his finely-sculpted, angelic face and Sionnach had insinuated himself back onto the couch, getting a dirty look from Calpa who didn't appreciate having to move over.

And: Everyone except Piper looked very much like they were expecting tea to be wheeled in at any moment. (I admit, I may have catered to their mistaken notions by serving them breakfast and lunch. Tea, however, was not an option.)

"So," I spoke into the silence, "can someone tell me exactly what's going on? You received a request from Brogan and his people?"

Calpa did a little officious throat-clearing noise and then filled me in. Alarc had received what was, in effect, a cease-fire request for the next 48 hours from the other faction. Brogan and his crew wanted to meet at a neutral location and "talk."

I had a lot to say in response in that, but I bit it back.

"Alarc," I called out, gently but firmly.

Alarc's head snapped around and stared at me. Who knows what world he had been drifting in? I fixed him with an intense glance.

"Alarc, do you want to meet with your brother and talk?" I asked patiently.

Alarc considered for a moment, head tilted gracefully to one side, and then slowly nodded. "Yes, I would like that. I haven't talked with Brogan for a long time. It makes me sad."

Calpa twitched at that, almost imperceptibly.

"Okay, so. Group vote. Do the rest of you think that Alarc will be safe if you accept the request and does my home count as "neutral" territory?" I was pretty sure that the reason I was getting briefed was because they wanted to meet Brogan and his people here. I squelched my longing for a quiet winter solstice season as I was met with assenting nods all around.

"Very well, if you're sure you can control any overt hostilities." I fixed them with a stern eye.

Tash had the nerve to grin at me, like a puppy that had just chewed up a new pair of slippers and was wagging his tail.

I stood up, smoothing my skirt. "Here's my offer then to both sides. You can all stay here–I'll have to rearrange some of the sleeping arrangements–for 48 hours. However, I request that my holiday customs be honored by my guests out of courtesy, even if just marginally. And that everyone realize this is my home, not a hotel. I'll provide meals, but I want two of you helping me in the kitchen, one from each faction."

Calpa stared at me, aghast. "Can't we just get a brownie to do that?"

• Love
The temporary truce between Alarc and Brogan's retainers having been agreed upon, I had to be ready to house and feed them by nightfall.

I picked up my cell phone and dialed the warning number for the Concierge, letting it ring five times, and then hung up. This would alert them that a second call was soon to follow. There was no way around it without using abilities that I would rather keep in check. I had to make a call to the Area 15 Concierge, current code name: Bob's Fish & Tackle Shop.

The reborn weren't the only ones that utilized the Concierge families, but all identities were a closely guarded secret cloaked in code. If a Concierge betrayed the trust invested in them, they suffered a terrible penalty. It simply wouldn't be worth it, since otherwise they and their loved ones were generously provided for in every way. But there is no way to predict what drives another being, and from time to time, Concierges did go rogue.

At some point in our lives, there were those of us who amassed fortunes or had valuables or sentimental items that we wished to preserve, if possible, for future lives. Items were placed in secure vaults and fortunes either safeguarded or invested. Besides retrieving and returning money or items, Concierges could arrange events and assist with special requests, no matter how outrageous, as long as they didn't violate their oaths. (It was my guess that they were supernatural creatures.)

I hadn't called a Concierge since I had been born this time around.

But, mundane as it was, I needed extra bedding, food, clothing (for Piper and his friends had escaped with just the clothes on their back when their house had burned), as well as items for the traditional activities I had planned on.

Having written down everything I required, I waited ten minutes and called again.

"Bob's Fish & Tackle Shop," the pleasantly accented voice said calmly.

"Hi, Bob. This is Sally Bartholamas. I'm looking for a lure called Snapdragon45."

There was a moment of silence, which no doubt he utilized to identify me, and then my Concierge replied, "Yes, we have that in stock. I can take your order."

"Excellent," I replied as I sent the piece of paper from my hand to his, "You have my address on file?" This was to confirm he received the document.

"Indeed, we're happy to help a repeat customer," he assured me smoothly.

"I apologize for the rush--if it presents a problem let me know, and I can stop by in person," I promised.

"It's absolutely no problem," the voice replied.

"Thank you," I answered and hung up. It's best to keep these calls as short as possible.

I couldn't wait to introduce my visitors to "Up Jenkins," "Hang the Pickle on the Tree," "Christmas Karaoke," and "Yankee Swap," among other traditional jollities.

With the winners of a contest being exempt from kitchen duty for the next two meals, really; would there be anyone who would refuse to play? I smiled wickedly to myself.

The "Concierge" had come through with flying colors (flying being the operative word), touching down with a number of critical supplies for the next few days. Food enough to feed a small army of hungry fey, along with luxury bedding, holiday cheer, and among other things, a sealed lightweight package of . . . ugly sweaters. What is life without challenge? Or in this case, contest.

I had shanghaied Piper and Tash for tonight's kitchen duty, since Brogan and his crew hadn't yet arrived. The truce had been agreed upon by both parties and my terms accepted.

I was sure that I would get resistance from some of the guys about helping in the kitchen, but strategically I would first let everyone see what they would be missing if they refused to don an apron. If they still remained adamant, they could watch everyone else chow down while they foraged for energy bars for the rest of their stay!

Piper has always been happy to help cook and I pretty much trusted him in the kitchen now, but it took some persuading to get Tash to fall in line. However, once he understood that "helping out" included previewing the meal with in-the-kitchen taste tests and getting to vote on the menu, his attitude underwent a sea-change. (Tash, all around, is a pretty decent guy. Of course, he's not pure Sidhe, which usually means less of a proud attitude of entitlement.)

The maple tamari glazed pork roast had been put in the oven some time ago and we had finally agreed on the ginger shrimp pot stickers, braised scallops, roasted brussel sprouts with garlic, and a trio of deserts (white chocolate raspberry torte, champagne sorbet, and hazelnut nougatine covered in bittersweet chocolate), and were debating soup options when my land sense told me our visitors had arrived.

"Guys," I said, quickly untying my full-sleeved apron and folding it over a chair, "I'll finish up by myself in a bit. Brogan and his entourage are approaching, fast. Please let the others know."

A startled flush came to Tash's cheeks and whipping off his apron, he sprinted out, presumably to stand guard over Alarc. Piper followed on his heels.

Still monitoring Brogan's progress to the house, I fixed my hair in the mirror so I looked less like a kitchen drudge and added a bit of makeup. I was, not exactly nervous, but a little on edge. You never knew what you might run into. It was no use being cocky. They were still an unknown and potentially hostile element. My heart was beating a little faster.

They were in the backyard now. I walked to the kitchen entrance and flung open the door, watching them approach. The dark-haired, one-eyed swordsman was in the lead, sauntering towards me; a cocky debonair bastard smiling with cynical amusement and looking cool and unconcerned. Behind him was the skunk-haired Brogan, still in leathers, (looking as mildly distracted as Alarc at his spaciest).

At Brogan's left and right were two more of his party, looking as lean and hungry as any modern-day Cassius. Appearing deceptively youthful, they both had shoulder-length mink-colored hair, wide, wicked slanting eyes, cruel sensuous mouths and looked enough alike to be twins, except one fey had ice-green eyes and the other, metallic-grey. They were wearing something like long silk haori jackets, belted (one in a light copper color, the other in deep bronze) open to the waist showcasing perfect sleekly-muscled torsos, which came off as more of a battle challenge than a seduction. They probably would have been beautiful if they hadn't looked so deadly merciless. I doubted they were full-blooded Sidhe.

But the last male, the rear guard, looked to be Unseelie Sidhe all the way and carried himself as one. Proud, aloof, elegant, beautifully-dressed with perfect features in a pale impassive face. His long silky white hair hung down to the small of his back. He commanded respect just by his bearing.

And I absolutely could not read him.

Just as they reached me, my other guests showed up at my back. Before anyone else could speak, I pasted on a gracious expression and spoke the words.

"Pass my threshold in peace and so be welcome."

Momentarily, they froze. The swashbuckling swordsman was close enough to reach out and touch me. I met his gaze with a burning stare that few get to see.

"Really?" he drawled, as if amused.

"Most certainly," I promised him.

"Well, in that case…" he began.

The white-haired Sidhe strode forth, shouldering his comrade aside as if in disgust at this byplay. "Mortal woman. We have all agreed to the terms of the truce for the next 48 hours of your time." He recited the terms in full quickly. "May I die on my own sword, if I renege on my word."

Remarkably, the crew at my back were silent, letting me handle it. (Well, after all, it was my home.)

"Enter and be welcome, then," I offered, standing aside from the threshold and letting them pass. I definitely didn't trust the facetious swordsman and the bare-chested Bobbsey twins, but for now I had to play the game.

I led everyone into the large formal dining room where drinks had been put out for everyone, trying to keep the two factions as far apart as possible for now.

"And how very fortunate that you arrived in time not only for dinner, but to participate in a cherished holiday tradition," I said brightly. "The ugly sweater contest!"

I was going to love this.

• Love
The Perfect Tree
Inspiration used: Emrys Jernigan

"A small one," Emrys said as they strolled down the lines of trees. His mother gave a disapproving look, shaking her head.

"No, a big one, I want a proper tree in the living room," she determined, eyes going down the price tags attached to the trees. The boy could already tell that she was adjusting the budget in her mind, wondering what more they could cut to afford the holidays.

"What does it matter?" the boy exclaimed, getting a little annoyed at how adamant his mother was on getting the biggest tree they could afford. "Can't we use the fake one?" He knew that they had received a little extra this year, which is why his mother was so intent on using that on giving them a proper 'experience', but was the tree really that important?

"Yes, the perfect tree is needed for the perfect christmas," his mother responded, checking out the branches of one of the trees for any blemishes. Maybe she could haggle something...

Reindeers
Inspiration used: Melinda Geralds

With a disapproving look the girl stared at whatever they had done to the school brooms. The top had a red ball attached to it, while short branches stuck out next. It wasn't too obstructing, and wouldn't hinder the flying, but that wasn't what Melinda was so displeased about.

"And this is?" she narrowed her eyes at the team captain, who shrugged his shoulders.

"Christmas decoration," was his simple explanation and the Gryffindor rolled her eyes. She could see that it was done in the spirit of the Christmas holiday.

"But what is it?" she continued, impatiently. The pureblood knew little of the muggle customs, nor had she any appetite in finding out about them. However, today there was no way she could get around them. Not when they had attacked her broom into whatever atrocity this was supposed to be.

"Rudolph, the rednosed reindeer!" the captain responded, missing the confusion that Melinda held.

Another sigh escaped the pureblood. Too annoyed to ask further.

Silver
Inspiration used: Complaint from a volunteer

The room was silent apart from the clattering silverware. The room smelled from the polish used, and neat stacks were lined up on the table, ordering everything together.

"How many more spooooons?" a woman complained, stretching herself to get the stiffness out of her back. "I have never seen so much cutlery together," she continued as she rubbed her face, smearing her cheeks with the substance.

She received no response from the only company she had. Too focussed on her work.

Another figure came in, a man with a guilty smile on his face as he brought in a box. "I found some more," he sheepishly says, revealing another stack of plates and forks.

The blondine just groaned at the sight of the growing work, picking up her cloth again to resume the polishing.

She shouldn't have so eagerly volunteered for the table preparations, she realised.

A Different Celebration
Inspiration used: Dongzhi festival / Winter Solstice festival + How most kids here remember celebrations

"Dongzhi is nearing again," mother announced, earning a confused look from Xinru.

"Dongzhi?" she repeated slowly, not quite understanding what the celebration is about. Her mother chuckled, smiling to herself.

"The day you get to eat tangyuan," was her simple explanation, and immediately the girl's face lit up, understanding the significance of the day.

"Tangyuan!" she gasped, cheering happily at the thought of the treats that came along with the celebration. The glutinous riceballs with black sesame filling, the sweet oshmanthus rice pudding and the dumplings…

Xinru's mother just shook her head. Her daughter could never quite grasp the names of the festivals they celebrated. However, linking food to them always helped her remember that they existed.

Home
Inspiration used: One of the many spending Christmas alone

"Happy holidays!" the cashier smiled brightly at the man. He knew that the girl only meant so politely, but he couldn't force himself to smile back, only letting go of a gruff noise and a squint of his eyes. That should suffice, right? That looked friendly enough, no?

Making his way out of the store the man passes by the many windows with sales stalled in them. Toys, jewellry, everything was sold, but none that the man felt inclined to buy.

Ever since the kids had spread their wings and left home Christmas had been a lonely happening. His wife passed away young, and he was comfortable on his own. He didn't even miss his children all that much, though he always appreciated it when they visited.

However, there was just something about the holidays that made him wish that they would come home. Even if it was just for an hour, just so that he could feel like he had some company to enjoy.

He never expressed this wish. Who was he to demand from his offspring to throw over their schedules to see him? As an old and decaying man he had nothing to offer them anymore, besides from some stories, but even these ran out.

At least he knew that they would call. That gave him some peace. The knowledge that he wasn't entirely forgotten, yet. At least he knew that he had someplace in their mind.

Traditions
Inspiration used: Sinterklaas (Saint Nicholas)

Every night the kids would put a shoe out in front of the fireplace. They would sing a few songs and then try to convince their parents to hide them in the kitchen, so that they could see the good man Saint Nicholas and his loyal helper Pete.

Every night they would be sent to bed, with the message that the Saint didn't like naughty kids trying to peek on him. The Pete would promptly stuff them in his bag and take them back to Spain. That usually convinced them and off to bed they went.

Every morning they would sneak out again, delighted at the presents left for them. A puzzle, or a rubiks cube, accompanied with sweets like a chocolate letter, or gingerbread.

Such a delight it was, but a pain for the wallet.

Ugly Sweaters
Inspiration used: GAraile Scriven & Felix Sloan @FieryCold

In his first year it was Rudolph, complete with a red ball on the sweater serving as its nose. The thing was hideous, but Garaile wore it with pride. He enjoyed the look of horror from his classmates when they saw him in it.

In his second year the Slytherin vowed that he would outdo himself with each year in the department of hideous sweaters. For the first time he made requests to his grandmother on what she could possibly do to knit the worst Christmas sweater she could manage.

The best year was when he wore the neon pink sweater that was fluffier than his pygmy puff. The fear written on the face of his victims, along with their confusion at the bright colour delighted him. No one was sure whether to laugh, or to cry when the blond came into sight.

This year was the absolute best. Having figured out a way to enchant the colours in such a way that they would flash and light up like a christmas tree Garaile was like a walking neon sign.

"Good moooooooorning, Felix!" Garaile was quick to terrorise the fashionista. He could almost hear the 'Giiiirl' escape his housemate's lips, as soon as the poor thing turned around.

Unreasonably Warm
Inspiration used: August Yilmaz

With Christmas there was supposed to be snow, warm sweaters, hot choco, and all the other warm and cosy activities that fit the dull and cold weather.

However, never would August have thought that he would hear the birds singing and see the flowers blooming when Christmas rolled around.

"No," he exclaimed in chagrin, displeased at how spring-like the weather was. While the boy didn't like the cold he did like his Christmas in a certain way.

That year August Yilmaz (aged six) promptly stepped back into his bed on Christmas morning, spending his day pouting over the Christmas he lost to global warming.

Last edited:
It was a close thing, but somehow we got through dinner without any bloodshed.

I assigned Tash and Piper the only downstairs bedroom, not far from the kitchen. It was up to them who would get the bed and who would end up with the futon. (I anticipated the evening's leftovers would be severely diminished, come the morning.)

On the second floor, Alarc and Calpa had adjoining northwest and west-facing bedrooms and shared a bath. Down the hall and past an open lounge/game room area, were a pair of east-facing bedrooms for Alarc's brother, Brogan, and the white-haired Unseelie, whose name, I had learned, was Cazimir. I was not finished with renovations to the old house and I'm sure the rooms weren't up to royal standards, but I knew they would be comfortable and warm.

As for Brogan's three other charming companions, I had kicked them upstairs to the third floor, where the rooms were much smaller and the beds were antiques salvaged from attics. But I had made sure the mattresses were good ones and that they had ample bedding.

The house positively buzzed with magickal energy. I was certain that everyone was putting wards on their doors and windows.

Across the hall from my room (which had a southwest exposure), was a small guest room which I had directed Sionnach to. He could go downstairs to share a bath or drop in on Calpa and Alarc. There's no way I was sharing my private bathroom (with its lovely copper soaking tub and the elevated electric fireplace). Hah, take that!

Around midnight there was a soft knock at my bedroom door. I hesitated a moment before putting aside my book, reluctant to get out of bed and walk across a floor that seeped cold, despite the thick rug. (Somehow my fluffy slippers had ended up across the room.) I didn't reach out to read who might be on the other side of the door, because that was no fun. Life shouldn't be predictable all the time.

Sighing, I grabbed my old black velveteen robe, put it around my shoulders like a cape, and plodded over to the door. I cracked it open just a hair and looked through.

"Yessss?" I drawled, "May I be of assistance?"

"May I come in? For just a moment?" he petitioned in a low voice accompanied by what he evidently thought was a winsome look.

I pretended I was giving his request some thought. Then, "I don't see any purpose to it," I replied blandly.

"You're really a terrible hostess," my visitor confided, casually leaning against the wall. "I don't think I've ever been treated so badly."

"The night is young," I promised him, cheerfully.

"You're angry at me, aren't you? Just because I said that thing…" He hesitated.

"Which thing? Oh, perhaps…where you addressed me as if I were a scullery maid who had just washed her face for the first time? That thing?" I opened the door a little wider so he could fully see my scornful expression.

His eyebrows rose, but there was an amused smile in his voice. "You're so difficult! I understood that's generally meant to be a compliment."

"And you, so polished, so rife with experience." I sighed a little sadly, looking at the ceiling. "It really does give one pause, doesn't it?"

He placed one gracefully-shaped hand on the edge of the open door, as if it just happened to fall there by chance. "I was rife enough to win that damnable ugly sweater contest tonight. Doesn't that please you?"

"Hah," I snorted, taking a step back from his encroachment. "You just wanted to win two free passes from helping out with kitchen duties. Sir Walter Raleigh, you're not!"

"If you mean I'm neither pirate nor poet, that's true," he admitted, stepping inside with the grace of a master thief and shutting the door silently behind him. "But look. You're shivering. Poor little thing."

I squinted at him belligerently. "Well, I had been all cozy in bed. Then there was this great nuisance knocking at my door--."

"That's terrible," he murmured softly in my ear, having effortlessly picked me up in his arms. "The nerve of some people! Please allow me to remedy the situation."

"Well, I suppose it would be rude of me to ignore a guest's request," I mused as he deposited me ungently on the bed.

After that, it became unseasonably warm for quite some while.

• Love
Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays
Happy happy hap py HAPpy HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAP PY haPPy HAPPY HAppY HAPPY happy happY HAPpy happy haPPY Happy happy hap py HAPpy HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAP PY haPPy HAPPY HAppY HAPPY happy happY HAPpy happy haPPY Happy happy hap py HAPpy HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAP PY haPPy HAPPY HAppY HAPPY happy happY HAPpy happy haPPY Happy happy hap py HAPpy HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAP PY haPPy HAPPY HAppY HAPPY happy happY HAPpy happy hap py HAPpy HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAP PY haPPy HAPPY HAppY HAPPY happy happY HAPpy happy haPPY Happy happy hap py HAPpy HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAP PY haPPy HAPPY HAppY HAPPY happy happY HAPpy happy
holIdays HOLidays HOLIDAYS holidays holidays holidayholidaysholidays HOLIDAYS holiDAYS HOlidaYS holidayS holIdays HOLidays HOLIDAYS holidays holidays holidayholidaysholidays HOLIDAYS holiDAYS HOlidaYS holidayS holIdays HOLidays HOLIDAYS holidays holidays holidayholidaysholidays
Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays Happy Holidays

. - The perfect tree

It was the 23rd of December, and Carol's perfect Christmas was drawing ever closer. Her perfect sweet sixteen. Carol lounged in the armchair closest to the fire place, gleefully seized when her grandpa got up to start making breakfast for everyone. Across the living room, Aunt Tess and Carol's mother were talking quietly to each other.

"Well, you know," Aunt Tess was saying, "me and Rene were thinking of adopting."

Carol's mom nearly squealed. "Are you really? Oh sis, that'd be wonderful. I always thought you'd make a wonderful mom."

Tess's cheeks grew red with embarrassment, weakly hid behind a steaming cup of cocoa. "Honestly, I'm surprised we haven't done this sooner. I always wanted children, really-" Carol tuned them out. It was boring nonsense, distracting from the main issue lurking in Carol's mind.

"We don't have a tree."

"What was that?" Carol's mother asked, turning to look at her.

Carol gestured impatiently to the center of the living room, where presents sat stacking underneath and on top of a small coffee table. "There's no Christmas tree!"

"We're on a mountâin," Aunt Tess laughe¨d. "There isn't anything but pine trees as far as the eye can se}Ê. If I was a gamþÿling woman, which God knows I am, I'd bet this cabin was made from pine trees. Do we really need another õne }·nsid°€+?"

"Of course we do!" A sharp sound rang out as Carol's heel slammed into the ground. "How can it be a perfect Christmas without a Christmas tree?"

"Right as always," Carol's father called out from the kitchen, where he'd been helping with breakfast. "How about we head outside and find one that's just right?"

"Are we allowed to cut down trees?" Carol's mother asked nervously.

"Ah, they won't notice one small tree. It'll be fine."

Carol's mother dry washed her hands, but nodded. "Okæy. Carol? After how còld you were yesterday I dug out an extra pair of snow pants for you. They're on the bench by the front door."

. - Reindeer

ôn¢£e more, Carol founÐ÷herself waitiÑg alone outs¬¨O«°™¾}'&

Carol found herself waiting alone outside for her father to finish up in the kitchen. The cold wasn't nearly as bad through the snow pants, but Carol still firmly held to the belief that winter was meant to be enjoyed from indoors, behind thick windows and near a strong radiator.

Time to continued to pass, Carol's father apparently in no rush to help his daughter find a fitting Christmas tree, and Carol was on the verge of heading back indoors when a hint of movement caught her eye. Hidden behind a patch of trees, Carol was forced to step down off the porch and move away from the house to try and get a better look. There, majestic amidst the sharp light cast by a hard winter sun, was the largest deer Carol had ever seen. It's head was nearly level with her own, and it's antlers stretched another arms length above that. Gently, cautiously, it took a step towards Carol.

Equally gently, and equally carefully, Carol reached out to rest her hand on it's head. They stood there, still and serene for a moment, before it began to move back. Not to pull away, but to urge Carol to follow. Spellbound, she did.

. - Silver

The deer led her deeper into the woods, away from the cabin, away from the ski village. Into mountain snow untarnished by human feet, until eventually they came upon a copse. And inside, Carol's perfect Christmas tree. Taller than a person, but not so tall as to loom, it's bristles were stiff but soft to the touch, it's branches evenly spread and straight, and silver bells chimed from where they hung.

Wondering how such a perfect tree came to be out here, and how the bells were placed when there were no footprints other than her own, Carol gently brushed one of the bells. It let out the most pleasing sound Carol had ever heard, but when she went to pull her hand back, she found it stuck. Frowning, she pulled harder, but before her horrifiêË´\d eyes, silver began to melt and spread from the bell, engu=%lfing fî/rst her f¡ñ*ger, and sò'øn her entir±¨ë h☳~nd. Carol begἫn to pÚöÍï²ùpÓcÏÛ& òK§}

. - rest -

All around her, more deer began to emerge from the copse, each as majestic as the f}׺rst. "Let me go," Carol waÍélèW ²øfxÉXyw

. - no more -

The silver began to spill into Carol's mouth.

. - you will be silent -

. - A different celebration

. - you will be still now -

. - you will no longer tear holes -

. - in what is real -

. - reality is sacramount -

. - hardship is to be learned from -

. - never erased -

. - do you understand, child -

. - let this be a lesson -

. - and an exercise in our mercy -

. - celebrate child, for your sins are forgiven -

. - and everything shall be made whole once more -

. - by our grace -

. - those who were -

. - erased -

. - shall be returned -

c³Ãro°1 %¤É+gaN †0 sRŒÂM . - no more, child - q|Ïú¾,»U~¡ùcsýÿU×m·ýþðãøDqœ·

I . - you will stop - ÌÌ ÌÌ3ÌÌfÌÌ™ÌÌÌÌÌÿÌÿ

WANT . - the world is not yours - }·>,wÃð5‹å±möBžÌx

TO . - reality is not yours - V"·,=¢t4<¾¾¸Â‹Cõ?-¯‡

GO . - so make merry, mortal, and re•°t®¿.ØBô¤'%¤AÉ+%=E£@

. Ÿõe—çMUµ‡lY/8yãC±¨ëcÖžªf"¯ös

. - Home

‰PNG

IHDR Š ‡N sRGB ®Îé gAMA ±üa PLTE 3 f ™ Ì ÿ 3 33 3f 3™ 3Ì 3ÿ f f3 ff f™ fÌ fÿ ™ ™3 ™f ™™ ™Ì ™ÿ Ì Ì3 Ìf Ì™ ÌÌ Ìÿ ÿ ÿ3 ÿf ÿ™ ÿÌ ÿÿ3 3 33 f3 ™3 Ì3 ÿ33 33333f33™33Ì33ÿ3f 3f33ff3f™3fÌ3fÿ3™ 3™33™f3™™3™Ì3™ÿ3Ì 3Ì33Ìf3Ì™3ÌÌ3Ìÿ3ÿ 3ÿ33ÿf3ÿ™3ÿÌ3ÿÿf f 3f ff ™f Ìf ÿf3 f33f3ff3™f3Ìf3ÿff ff3fffff™ffÌffÿf™ f™3f™ff™™f™Ìf™ÿfÌ fÌ3fÌffÌ™fÌÌfÌÿfÿ fÿ3fÿffÿ™fÿÌfÿÿ™ ™ 3™ f™ ™™ Ì™ ÿ™3 ™33™3f™3™™3Ì™3ÿ™f ™f3™ff™f™™fÌ™fÿ™™ ™™3™™f™™™™™Ì™™ÿ™Ì ™Ì3™Ìf™Ì™™ÌÌ™Ìÿ™ÿ ™ÿ3™ÿf™ÿ™™ÿÌ™ÿÿÌ Ì 3Ì fÌ ™Ì ÌÌ ÿÌ3 Ì33Ì3fÌ3™Ì3ÌÌ3ÿÌf Ìf3ÌffÌf™ÌfÌÌfÿÌ™ Ì™3Ì™fÌ™™Ì™ÌÌ™ÿÌÌ ÌÌ3ÌÌfÌÌ™ÌÌÌÌÌÿÌÿ Ìÿ3ÌÿfÌÿ™ÌÿÌÌÿÿÿ ÿ 3ÿ fÿ ™ÿ Ìÿ ÿÿ3 ÿ33ÿ3fÿ3™ÿ3Ìÿ3ÿÿf ÿf3ÿffÿf™ÿfÌÿfÿÿ™ ÿ™3ÿ™fÿ™™ÿ™Ìÿ™ÿÿÌ ÿÌ3ÿÌfÿÌ™ÿÌÌÿÌÿÿÿ ÿÿ3ÿÿfÿÿ™ÿÿÌÿÿÿ¯VM (tRNS5»zëZ›ÒKþŠ«iÛÊDôr'ƒSâc³Ã¢; ±#ö' pHYs à ÃÇo¨d ,‡IDATx^íiƒª:†eu ÷eþÿ=êä̸$mÓ¦¥hŸO÷FDxi"4Ig߉AG'$‰#A'Ä' IâH$q$H'8$I '$ŽIG'$‰#A'Ä' IâH$q$H'8$I '$ŽIG'$‰#A'Ä' IâH$q|Ïú¾,»U~¡ùcsýÿU×m·ýþðãøDqœ·Ýf}ÊŽu1|1vˬšÕ~ÛÉޝÇ|Õ´ÇK
vuVmºù[ß¿Gß5‡ZJ»c•—o9õ¼µ8¶ùiéQuÛtï5Ἣ8öëc0Y<P«·'ÈŠ£\/áAG'÷p9æ½ÄÑç‡OÇu 6MÞGç<g"Q3dÍ®pr¼‰8V‡…ñËî4ÉIæ
Äѯð¢fQMN SǾzÈxbQMÊ™´8ºnú"Xnàêãgºâ˜¤2~(ª9üˆ¸™¨8æ"šM†¬ƒŸ1"GQ0Áå
~O¬LOåîí;÷ø15qlÞcи£7F6)qô-ÜÐ÷b8EjŸNHÛñ×Ó¼QDéßNFûI"AÈ⋏MDÝn¡G†+»ÅâúßðïÁˆnø˜"8<HcW§õæš-|Ö܃Y?ß©ÇÚ·9|Š*ÝpâœPŠcÛ¬ö®æ_¿Ï×íÒÓX¶ŒÈy‰^s iËÓ¦ô¼7ïÖò¹Ë‹hb±‹Ãu¥84{ï)ç2¯Ž'3N'ÉG&nqTp·¬¨O«°™¾}'&'!
Û4fq¬¬ì]»Í²ëW§.Ã…!'Ñ#^qÌ,c^u9›çîäl+/hű†[Ä¢^Ç´PѯZ7—¦Ù4T[þÜ]´Q¦àu',F{œâ`/°ÕMÌUfeeo…ác£8¸ÃF‰ç§dßÚ:2œ!<Šã7ÅŒI(ㇾ±@F3=¢ÇŒcåkøÔd°+¥X§›8r¸&âÍ¡R1?Y裁%2q˜GËwÓ)ÿxÅB»²Å¢ÇÙØf˦9hÜ1?q
Ôð†iLâèà.h9Á&Ζ¹ª¸í®G$ÃU¶arF¨'œdüÓã‡ÙRJëQ¢ô,ó£†O…!q™ãXÉ–¦c,1!û8D"Ž¹Éë3ŒâÏ… ?ÀO4 …Ï q¬à‡+/Œ'ÊxvYÀ'ü…8øÙ*Æ\€
CnêÛ¡–Ÿc‡ÁbÊnòq
ö¦k/¼–Äa0ß¾±ñŒiFï—ñÅ¡ï¨PÇa…Á°€+ˆá1ú}׺qoÙÐÑÙE€ê±Å¡eà qafšú7KG‡NAc>aâ¿}yï5®8tÚ-Ž
"°˜ï wTqèì÷{i0)öìÒŽ)Ÿ,Ö+¸
ü&/Œ(M6ÃHy"Q¡Oø¸}·>,wÃð5‹å±möBžÌxâÐÔ¦|ô"òK§]qi𪺢0åG‡Æ½k0zPì*ÇÔ±±Ä¡N ¦Ñ<úÁC[öHâØÂÅãìà¯7ìJ¡þs´ÑÆÇLù6$Sô «ŽÔ¶KÚãˆC˜ê4¶.SËËbýQÄ¡ï¼I݁0nS‹åÕâPF"‹ãÚöÝ&7{q(ëS>&‡
§Š…Ÿ^{¸V"·,=¢t4<¾¾¸Â‹Cõ?-¯‡G wɦ\ª,¸¤
Fµ=xSKhq¨¢ÁïT+q™¹'ÎfD`q¨V¡"Ÿ¢Â`ýÞˆ±ÞVs¸BŒûRá$½Ç< VŠYó‰ÍqjÿŒñØTŠèWZOQ!8n\LzHq(¦ÍpÅÁSÄ9þõ"©UPg¸4"þ$¡Îo°Á0'" 8Ž"Û£@ß`‡™…NŠ•£"¨Â¨xv—UMžçͺ5ÛVÌ(ÞLŠ%•üR¡¯n:nžüÎ ϺI'z0qÐzNN¬
]`t‰»s]m£4"8h/–Ðý<ÔÏ8SÄ,õG
ҁġhúÕ6»Ñ¡¬LXjžžºüC㉃q2FU¨'_LvÚPUœê«Ôȃ¾Æ´¢¢DaXš™jª>Ú÷2ˆ8è+L'Q%Š˜²iÎÜ™ö"µ¡Ç â 'øƒ}ã•°t®¿.ØBô¤'%¤AÉ+%=E£@´§ž"jȁƒY£D½h^Nßâ˜w´»"4Ûn³&G\vwjfÑ<ŸâØjöÛMËmÛæ iødQÛC½ ê!È›8zm‰VÊ}Áhs›¼(*^r€ã8žÄQt;ûÐ.'«í›Üc—ûB½ªpÇ‹8zi\©×¶ÍÞ"eÔÿXzx"ò"gó!VÍï²ùpÓcÏÛ&Ò¶5+ˆTÎQò☳~ëãæCWßÊÊpŒýÃúU"¾ Ž¢ˆ‹Ã²øfxÉXywʵMÏ
û,}Â&UMìÒâpj#ql>D û{Ä Œ4ÜRùŒÂâÐ4%6 ®Þ»qqŸøóî/.ôðÕÒ§¬8ܵq£8äo9"ØÍ$÷8õ¶s<1DÅÁØ SÏ¢}'…ì×K³0†8›ø««°p%Å!ZÐùâ]MÝÓ=ï+]\qKÁ½YE¤CPÊ~N.Ùº¶ÂPj—I˜8®8ÀYQœSð¦Ã—ùbqØ""'H¹i]ÍG[ÀöÊÝn7ã•âXå1ÇÜ·«êèàh€/±MeW,Û‹‰Cº\Í"«ò2¦°j¿ßT™ì' _fnÂA1qHÙ\<Çj³Ó©™w›ÓѨšU ×tlÜ"…ƒRâ0ØrÜ+»e[åûy£ä\vÍéP‡ÒÄ/®i•x/8ˆ u7á‹"`ØÕY[5ù~+8¢œçåj³>Žu1Îyõȧ‡ó<"Ä1öÀA3ìõ2»ÈeÝlò®Ûn·ý•Ù¸ö×ÿ?_\þ`ßòf]µmv¬×ÓbÁyÏ 8Ï#´é&$ø"úP²0¾Ì›ãÜ«Îóe"íªìþpû*)Ä
ç¬[8Ï#¾GÒ‡{.Ú›7ÇxFéX¹.L£…H®6Þ•
"Ȉ¾æ¼0k¶rY´~o†ãæçž¡ñ*WoïDÄAÍ*Š5³NSÓò‡Õߏ&M¹ní×ÂAqŘºBðd"ü²8=jpƒ™Fà½ná 'ˆ8à[ž0ÒùÖ9ÿeêÇY,Âc8hšo£¨ƒ'±IŒq"†[æÜ"¹Ì$ÄÀï©ã'#z—)ËâÀ#`Ì<éO›cðãܱptÀYQDÖ$ā¿ö•YóMöŽîâ¤O^'?}ÄÍ"ÅíQEqÌà[ž€£l:ë´ý)Pdà«êÀo´OñUŒ_âÀ˘œD~îNï7Éì†Í€ 9í'çxbˆwdÝ7ˆ½("nm;-mnlžü*x6‡ªF@ð-OH¥i•›vÊÓÌîÐØ%~"µC>«VzÝŁ;]²;¨Ìöÿ<aÙzïò†àf¾}ØµE%]wqàŽ¬—æ³ÛÜgö®EVWˆªcëFLÑpÅ]øÓòضgVæryùõaËú¡EE%âtJ¿ÁYÂŽ,ƒóE$‡Åø'byXKÏÀ韱|íˆWéþ8‹·ª]×Yôåj}Êê°Îny¨6ÝVÊîF *ítRûKÂagqørd8Ï»USµÙÒÇ€2õñpZç«2L-µC³º u.µ}ë,ø–'¢¨Ÿõe—çMUµ‡lY/8yãC±¨ëcÖžªf"¯ös
•ñb±0AªjÉU!Yy~sÍçÛó띯ÿ‡#ÌÌåÔ(OE÷œ\ïîp¥]TD †:ã-¥²§Ž&ËUøxe°‡PB¹kBÁzldOÝ ï(Žñُ€´'†QGo§sŁ#ûÎPèãp½¼µÅ•#û†(b7fµ'[…‹¦Ý ÌQð5ODáȾª-‡·YÕ¦M߶ÒMÓtd§"2£EçvÊ ±Þ!v¾"kÂKÀ=%PewêÅIƒpƒ›8ð^rd!#a@K,ùm4…&û›8à‹ž€ƒ ´]¡‹çj¹ï~£œn˜,#;‰7—'#+‹ÉjóµÉbWηûUs0JÍ6ª€qzsn1'x oÖä†Ùì$܇NŽ¬0*ÖÃœqà±óäÈŠ#ÝTÞtáÎE¸!¶™–Çi‹£WLs]ā¯è8e%pÈ…UŒ" ]Äßõ"ËôÒ*óD2‡G‰[Ñiƒz?ˆuzed¯;ˆOEII`žP,ß3À{ø8ˆÂ¥Ø¹/$<Z^
™ƒ8àûž€ƒ yÎ&±R%ÌnKöâÀs]ö¶Lèp4K¹IXöâÀ#3Θ*VŒÚ›g
vEƒ½8ðõ¹BâŠõàa±å'½8à;Ÿ€ƒ oØÙ¥µÍŠ—µ8ðêË´\ï¸Õ

. - Traditions

ÊÖâÀ£i¹Þ?ìVz…튆µ8Ø{_'"`®ÑÞíxÃÅZðÕOÀÁ"G8;'—×ÕVxûådr" n¶žÌ±ù–8ð¦–ÉäQ t¹qÏȳž~'¢!P¦þEÝn"žƒ8<´æN'Ú–ÃmÅWôˆëvÚ 3àv?âaUËRx¢ó¦¸ #ð8(ˆ¥8ðÜâ"Ë|}ÅÑ5A°žðj;G%x௦ü¸mù<ñ*]8˜ð>©Ë–â€ëy"™g"°nøpPIq¤DŸPà[âQ&;qàëõÉ
¾sšøËi'<áÄrJ°Áñ•-»ŠÇèà`Â?pÇŸ€ƒb؉õ¥R[8p£Cº}¿8Ð4°<ntH‡ÁÅ''9Ò
§•4rîù#Òé4vâÀ½8˜ še,íËÚ‰ï\@·â9ðRm£õ"èÈ!½!8ð)/ù²á€[þH)'ãšWB&£ÃRD9oJ0æ_¿°<žn'Ô«"-°±·[šYB@u½4ÙŽDdauÕnˆ]µ"¾{š8TÕ¼Ç|"
œ?€î¤ÚEE¼é¼8ÈyX6¦="Fl›£¦å"|$ÁV&]"vmžvP ß4Û.ݐß"ÓZ¦Ý‡êJ¾žâs8¯ZõNmwÀG±Q€2×I!\ú®bõð‰¨V–×CäF}Z¥Yƈmn4<Ÿ•Ä^üÞTWv‡M²T"MfקØG€ÉAD–«Ã±êÒ òÄ<?Y½n?xéí""ÂoJq\'‰\¹ÈbéЙø†—é"ý–§ËSþ©Í¬Ü´£Åònì'qý}lXdÍ'
#óU•ñmNOÄ»‰Ã¬wƒEVÞy™•yuTž*ØÅ!®ŽŠã©éÞªáívµ>,ýܬ¯#|‡8®âàÄÂøËvÝm¯q<Îe¾ÎjWkS¿½ZÝo¼"Uª¥XÖù~2FÉ|¿©µ§â ½_ÞJ™éÇCµé¶&ôew'Ärçwœxbð™{'1d÷rN‹]}85yWö£Í;³y¹Êק,Ð ñŠßí¿eîkômA)ˬ.ZÙo{oÃʹߖ]ÞTm¶\Œÿ"¿ž;©—nÁ½zd(õ1kÛªjš<_]D³íûÙLûƒ/Ò÷Ûí¾[åyÓTUÛfÇzQD÷û¾ÞWºåFä\&Ö—0ãÀӝ®›¤ m˜ôQqPÖ Q'•
‹C¹ÛCBˆPÂ‫Oxůû‡¬8¨*É",p»}#+"FÕï%ÔK¢`=PU¡¨8ð6f·ôÆrm™ù¡YsŒãëš^'_aŽÂÑk>œyÆç²hó¿'Š&ALçÕ‰xðÏæSÙ'DPvÙzÿü@ðÈl˜J q"bÎÀUž$rÏâÐ"ø£8Á_ ԍçµiqœOÊue׈rsò•5êV"_
‡S{5MÅ1×¹"[©ŸËM뜜?5vÇêζ Ñ-Ixl—ã(Ž^¿šiÀ‡h¤>¬WƒR_±îMnâ0ˆ–[dÍÏWMû†"ÍîxÚØ"_ÀÇ£³
.âèLÞr§kÞ]Dâ59CUyé`:š¬WùÙ"ÀAøö¡O¬ Nz¥W ýß3탇½8Ì^iùPÕ~,z$:ü™Í°õ瘎žø´MT7£î†az¿|ݛ嵛vnX l¦'Àn¦w@|ÅÅNÆ]}ª¿m=œúù¶ëòMSÚ,«-󃇤(7M¾êÊmoÚí‰÷ÙÔ(—V‡•8ÌMDAÕ¦¢ŽöŸ¯©åýöʾ{äöse'º8$r/Ð]Ó0"{Û<=|·ŒpæØ#ž–´Lcø¬p*=²v‡8Ì—ÄÊ!œŠ|V«¤%‰zEóÑSÔg±‡yýHhÎÅ>+ŒÕ2²D Â|¬wðÅan ð '÷å›QUH_ds3†UŸ€}ÍÖ Ò1Á,>øŒŸf
pr2íºiOFÒÙâ0žT".Ò.ÌáGVá8¡^n+8¹‰…+ã–ç|ÀÝö8ðaa¬¦±tœÊP›"³ù
®8Ô÷gqÚtû|"KvSó€Ï
ceJ½%úUÓ¬öÝú –‰X~SªÁmá'e
ÎÎ>+ŒÑ:ô3^ÅÏÊaþȦ8èÃ[#›Ê}ñÝÎ~°jpŸG6•jY˽¦â§…î›Úì|V›Ì%ñäk#euðÄAEêuß6¾j:àô<¤YüBú·B¿Ÿ'øîg¯õð%à"âXX¤'öè+ÔbP>K"9ê·_ßèðÕîÙ&} >é jÎ…ÃŽ°ÄAÌ*"bóðÏ<%c_€/0Çw+
âÍ'™WXâ€o~ÂOæóÜÀ¤\è¢%ï&<Äj†L¨ƒ#"'í½é4׃ôç9±Wz¼¿8"Q*ãËsā÷íñ6ÁÿÁ:<ì"ŸÍ§ø¦'à qà"
Ð

. - Ugly sweaters

€×MÊŸÅq¾Äo›]܁'"þ#GøeÀA¯p\HÏ#9kŽƒÏx‰¼²q ±ó/gbñ:©\axÖ^c¿À—="bwqÄßûˆGëïóŽýÏrÆBõ½½wÅYaÞãìü Z5M?
`©ß@‡2a:‹#€=~Ã,OÎÓŠÛ#fëoþ½X ½Xt¾xÅY^Ò0L,A[Zݳ…¯SjÜ ²LDLÁÉŒ&at¿NìgmÂ` {ãJÄ#G€0ÇÎêšÑçÞzhâèÁdz!b›#ämPN-¦"ÿtŠÁ#Tãú"öV?*3à0þŸ†ðikß‹mOÀ×>"²RÎú®"}K. ©µƒX¾5
¹=–aŠ‰˜'q "[°mƒþØV÷eQ…~wœ›û•¸â(ês±…ƒnpā§ÁÁÀœ÷y³nò}H#"¢\m.—bÓER "$GÝàˆRµHÏàn"ÌŠGøG¸hOâ"Z+S_Ænˤ$ì j™gÂî»÷W¿ùB,qaÁpôÄ#TœV¨j™%buÃ{~M‡7Ä<H–8£ã«HfÇìÉ ¾T¸˜'2—3p=ñÝ+òàáOœá‰ƒN*Þ™N¬T)×bó'Â×£,ÓäM³\ø+w˜âP÷¶Ñ$p†ÉE~{zM¦'Üχ&¹V•ÂY_ƒç'ë@—£(¸Êµ4–iû'O§H+1®Y$¿&õrÅ¡ëQö¯¨vó
'I±Ë*ÅV³ºb]ÉÔ®8t%øÄò[KXŸ"¿wª8VHËNݤ"ZÁ‡nOHø«ž#«#fçÄγ±ù,M·KÙÔ+¾84ÅgȃIòÔ ò
xqDžo•Æâ"ùâИ¤¯ ²0NÒTü =Çž^6øWŠÚâe§ážLÛ2튴>RBpô ÷êшÐïY!¹ÁÇ\ß(ãùâÐô±²'§ jm>ÛrK&{œ=G:p%Í+¨µùXØÿ¨D¤ò
Gúaã³I"ÏCi^Á€›óÈã¼¢ ÿPÙ¥æâ0ëŸò'øƒ'¥ü üV=ŠÃpƒJËÃX¶WE4gLqÒWðÄ®Ç*Ó½‰'¶`Ð8°ÿAFÜ3O¡ŽˆEͧØt ‰ì<CqÙŠO –2ÓK1ôgÓ·,¿;Y˜‰Ãt3u¬T"°URAÃ3pcžxõúM†{»6#q^áaßäÍ>B̈_g8Å»WªšˆÃL•ÉC¬ãk¨6
¨4*ì*MgyÇúqMrKÚý ~vª…º‡xÞ"á~>iVà 7uèÅa2ˆµÊÓ#Ï'.P›•ÑOwe4 ;½ZqèûjûêP‹u'kDS‡à0ŠÑìâbÚéÄ¡ß~ÏàS¿<Ù¤ÿ¡†gMÓÝ^.±h8à+HŒZSM S$ Š
JPô£‡ÃMÖˆCóÕµaþü…4±ü ·ã"õUºd°¯œU‹CÝRz0Ž²™Éc¹B¾'fïžnÓ ëu,¥8ÔyGœ´øÈiuöùêG'Õõ
Ö7Y)Õw,='>O2;/¾Î üc¥{Ø.U¨¾_µu7¾ {åã¥tçÖþ ÊÁÃr
N%Eh"mäÐÖK˜}À¢…Ž0gUåø¬‡"õË"*K{>Ô1k®Ê.Ž"…»ãÅ!–Ž8¤Ëo_¾WL-vKp
qÐn¬¡ØþS\û¿1ÖÜ£¢ØüÝóL.±PTzXdèÓN]º?-:!ÍÎÿT"LdÒæñ9æb?Æ.w²Ã‡*Ëæ.ÓË-Vî,-r³t›U~q!Hï_ýB§´¢W;¯•k`¤
1Úiš4Þ?ZÔfA¢Œ¨É¼'+ôv;ÔA ¯v-Ód¤T¹Ÿ¶± R6'&ÅAméïÐÆPõ¢%L'?àC62:¸‡vÕ™ÂÖç§ì–_â fó@V?8½³µb‰ÁZЊàÁprš
5+"6òJÏ6C)b|'£v(<–+ëŒôrP²Ãç v•>TMD¯¸¼'TàÄÂÓ"ŧ|Âq•øÌbf<¯õ)Q–QŸÌ2œ,îy¯ÙZÒ^Ì7ˆ³[X^"8ðöBÎÕñŠ ëKÞÍÞVêá°ìbh¶vÆ›÷êQAƒºÏŽ¾äpTYè?ìLŸä¼ÑßfÀr˜Ö_,P2G¶/|ÁRÊ¿e@‰ R'Mvúþª7ºé¥lŒ‹7nXY3úYåž"k4oüþd4̹·µÇ_þ›M‰ÿ%'fÅú_ÃaƒO0ón}4~£±Zû5z"×€ˆ²·›Ö¬úGd1CðJpÂGà˜—åž¡ÎNͪ»'7U{4½Á¯XèÚ°¯ Æ°«‡SuáÔk––E¶ÌC_mþ‡Py«.«Íl?H•Íâ™ôtBäû@"8Ðx•LÔx$u°uþÜ%€ÔV›pºGà˜9"8ÐYŽ¹3Š:˜ï¤…ÁáŽXòêO°£="8Ð1Ž HqñÇŸ¢
Çì';Ðy…½œÎ‡d¶çvŒAÛ<1@•TåÁýhdÌB˜Ã)§ëòƒaý×Eùý`]^'ç|€\#ā
Ki¼(–…KÛŒ2lìl.h0§Ÿý ÓŠtíâ8.m±V>…Þ°ñ…4îaÑG°Wý q`Qnñ-Úæö1-'çÞŸFº"^…˜ ØÌ(%Ì••9.¨kqôý‹e»Ùoçýå÷Ïúù¶kÚ¥Þ
ò5ªH°; 5`ÙÀöÙI43ã…Us²Ë¸ I¦±ãòéTD{N)eØuJ‰³vE½•_JmŠHþå-¨ò³ØÉZÒ;'º«°‹dÛqHÆ9îéÄ&úúÏYƒ'äom"Ó‡·Ý2±™½øH‰›€á<wjö<&dé6a'}+`(Z0º']{Œ¢Ä)ùàìö0‡öÅÿ²½œsƒäU'ÙÈÆ#ð°³)q`é"ì"³°Ë‡,Ç~Uwc¾ªkíüü
Wж)q`)9Â!ÒWVs¬¾ƒüŲùu£®aº\EëWÐŒ*8fõ›±(˜/‹ôž¾1´?ô)›'ê4oݹ«Ì®Û8Ù
t–†cæ/œð8äýúÚƒb'U+£"a9uè´lWëŒôÌ‹ºÍƒí#'Àüw›ötü¸äóý¦:²e½¨/dY»Î»'0ê…¬RneC_®6UUµm{8œªõ&ßÞ]íhÀÃ'âÀBlÓÛ#E$ ;½Ÿ®iòç3R2&Íè˜)q1tnã^¤8Ð')ˆ1%‹ëÒo+\¼Od@Š5:¦x§Ü–~ešÊýÅÏŽê

. - Unseasonably warm

ùêycf½"êc!: h´È"ã'Z·8Ñ»e'‰þX¢âT²?±° Ç&ÇŒ»x£Ýb(^p
rPˆ]ë˜ éþŸœá×.ÆtDÁ?ÙÔK)Ä!Tp£÷q'NÙxg›ß¤>¯LÒ|¿£\+c8˜)Ñ–Ž²P‰Wœ;?ÅÀ¾i—OñÝ±ÝøÍIn{[Uh«Ä/\M}è¸gvî/¨îÁä «™RycPyÚVÇÛCô"£<"âÀ{Ûx¨_IHA$ÀÙUÆ(Å!hÛ$Â@XÛvV¶z¾Å=¿é†‡Þ¢Y£eHµ8ˆ\*8šˆ"Žc¸Q‹ƒØÝeÂáÃ7ж>"Fx¦4¯D
1ÒÛºVâ˜^Þ܇@ôZƒ£l4âÀëHÄwìKÈ@4 ¶]-U‹ƒÈÀôSoŸp†j. ‡¹(ÅAÄ9ä{ü$d ¶i²´"â ªW§¾pù¾På¤òA0J‡;k$ü@UbØe†«ÄA
ÓÎ…yoà½`Uº5pL²>áS ö?·íâ 2¶áp"J¨áÞ&ªœõ™4©Ä
Q<n³Í-¢ÁpŠŽFÕÒÈÂa¡ÅAxEp4-Dù§Å[MŠƒXÙpÝÊÇ@"ŽÃQ¤8ð
±˜CÛn¨"w¿nÛµ÷¾^Öÿ½&Åg|"ÚLŽ5Øa-=OJñhòв\<ɘo'R÷ŸUb-ZYÝHžËŸVÅ#-Ó ÖÄØã*%<ñ<R7ö1hì5H÷t_"M{ÂCTìy…nÔÀÁÈx²Gu¼$LÄ9vàÁmvÕ%8ß#qN²¯3 ·ëDn:‰™."8Äú ä|%œ ±Ÿ8Ÿð|Aîó#ā‡Gá`\ ¦³u 'i8pqpï
!Ô'ÚK[Üøò0³Ìñ˜qœÞ=:¯pƒ¤"8Ðw$Î"Yb¡I< šÊÏŒó® Þ&7AˆÎöHœï\ܵ'Ýnã4:p)ÃAS8âð±Q;pq'næ™n§8DúÔrÄÇ".C,à¡Ú9ÒŽpu0_o\øÒ
Œe‹/'æV¹e¤ËMpu0ûZM_êîÕ…ó³›Q‰w üYlÀÕ=òqâ *¯þã¶q«¶÷qœ&‡Oqà±y8ºÇ÷µ³¶LçD‡;£mtàònëÆéÐe^wXmÓ™l–me(\ß#"â9u0¨"Úv
ïïôƒÆ…hÓñ{Â|E8∶ áÎõ‹Êpåi–)#Ö…+øÊ4…"Ž·-Ñ—¡^ïÕ#È67ßÜÖ¦$x@šBÜ)4xq{ZU"ê•E»^•ÏCì¼ÛœŽÆº¸s¶5úvs !<÷<âÖ–{u
Åb±c)⏨›
À5>Âú qàSVÌ[QÄÞˆºžI¹F#!<ÐuÛs¢Yš/âµE¯àyÜRÊ:ƒÓ=é:ÂD2Ž¢Y¹A42†£ÆPâÀ—³"6ϯu€ˆ¼*odÌ®:¢ÄALá±ÆÁ m$]†"ò¦hDTm2Râ –³bofðp nsã'ÅÀ~³)qP©™±WÙÏ"é"D¿U•X7RRx=d´K³xöi£6È…H~r)*Mb7ÇhP;† 4½¢'"ø%i¤8Èô» ´/.}¹-SØ.'9-:$Ðâ ƒJqE>²ñó˜D;42Á⥦ÅAæÐLc{Hqyd²u0¾ 6ç ¹Ò»?l‡ËŠÃ4¤AÇmÖÅâ E8•Æ{!Ó´˜€õØÀB%:Ib*êøžUî³Ë2ÞÖpÏÐÚ°ZR‰ƒ:¦£Ž‹ëҺ裎>äuí¤ÙÙ‰Jq(r3'bwü`«I)ã»WØXvm¥8T¥†C¬…
83Fjèz=—ýU–µå«¬µ«ÆI½VWΫ"'…ºË6'¯>#-"®Xê\-r…åFÜ /es:.ðQd·<¬WÓÿ£\o´MïÔˆCaÿ^ØMy³·ù¶ìVù¦iš<ïºív"u¦'µ}¨^ùKÚ›:4"¥õX¨‡n¼˜Þìünèª2ìSp´âЦÞ-§9I¿n'€ŸÆñ‹^j³ãJfp'"JíÃqÉ 7y®ú Á4ý–ɳ×JÃm ÝDÊhM,dô4«ÎƒÓ nôabK¯GŠØsßŠY"·WÖLYxŸüÉu Bÿ_*ŽÏÃpØ1lr™^Ò¶³ž)[ã$&×wÕtN2VÇe~ióäÝz¡_ô&èÎ㸱Ábdwü1ÔÙ©j6]'‰3³}ÞTÕ¡60~X67Çwo—1$7× ŸC"áÆ\öEìÑ6š‹ŸÒîJÕ㈃دTO¼æ"Ǻ´S¦K̾l8Ä÷?†ðˆËÈÇ÷ÜrŒº%P´ÀÍã"–ý͇íÔ2*¹È°lE#gâ±Åñ½·²'ÒÐÁn…`F_T"R5"(BŽ›öˆƒè—8¾{Nœî‹ ŸŽ2ŸGØð·‡AþÑðÁ"1ìVâ9y–âà·8˜rr÷80op-ŸQc-n‹ƒéT#ÇÜ83–>'Äq™\¶GJb¢)
yÀS÷'q|ύ}ñ$ebì¬øKÁsÇ…ÜÌpJa0&šK¡õXuè.Ž}¤dpÛTß¼Lq\Xi;¤y……vÑm±öžH%%Žçü ô_àÏF("g–UTnAqÜ(ó¶&Ɛ"ÕÁ€ª›/²u,d$-Žfh_"˜nܲ–¡;^øaN¥lcSÐ Rð8¢/q ŽØbèf Þ_ø`€/q•A쨩3Ãíúðr|‰ƒ²¶'Óx<¨l*8oâ §ëdx¨¡"£#¤Ky½âœªœÐíG°×ü‰CQsqH£J¯XÆ#ÏÒŸ8¨-oÔ)æñÂF™ áñA'xüNMS#3!½Ü4i,\ž–‹E¶æ\l¯[»")acâSÚµÚ]e×™í«ßN›Yô}qïä–•A›ùF¿:?Nƒ×Ñ
~™'áXѥ˼ʞ}â:êácØá‹Ã:/ç¯wz^槥n1û‡q',½ŠƒQ<,Ž‡¶ªšëªj[ª=ù•E´ù¨º~±Ã°XÔõbQfšøÏHé^Åám‡×"J{Ö¢ÐÄŒ±6·ñ+¥ÇâD݆ޤ1Þ'¥gq˜´0µdÕè¡Ü{Ä'Ñ~¨gqØ·˜0`MuvÃ3!xŒ×É·8¬û½±ˆÂsÉ}JcÌÜ[ïâð:àz)d'{³«nŒÙžÀ¿8´þ#ãÊcåWãæì‡}Û3CÆ"‡oiŒ5ÿ%"8L[§Û3Ž<ø}(¸Œì¯Ç÷Ùûm¬ƒGM=Û†±í©0â°oajNظ‡Wçõ‡%|Õx"Ç÷ÊÿÝBEz›®hL†BÀÁÄaÝ9'Å1@à£3k+àF
öŠã{Îï3Çg¨¼&[Î[ÿ#àÅ'Š#k%¤8¾¿Ë/Ý×¢ñô«ŒwHrcüÀVœV@NìäûÌ« Êøjãɾ-Ž†€\rîË9÷ïmÝÈ¢êô<'8.tAfâྣXŸl.vÇޝ¦^Ç2ügq\˜å™ñ0=,«ÕÜz¦>]>lÅœ·§Ú»kLî܏f¿±8F'Œ+£‰ãF¿ª–ªÛWÔms÷d]–ðêvÓkdÞmZ‡Éï&_¶«uFmÐVÔ™"¿zlÆp.WMUµ‡lY/³,kÛªÉ÷[Ì%u_á]³Sµ¹œ~Þ÷çÙìúûg³sßÏ·Ýj³>ŽÎþö£4î8Ï÷]—çyÓäy·ß¢?0*¢Ï ÎÄ"žæÎäÄá;{ȍ8Óâm™ 8¼&z;Ãzˆ$"‡Ý~@¾Þ®1ÍDÅŸ<ÞOG\"‹¿æôc2aq\<—0qV-ïe†þ1iqIÈÒWé$Ç÷wn»Ã¾Ëi4"±bòâøþÞšíLâ…öÛ8.Œc|ìÞ,¬ñÂ{ˆãû»>|¢o@åÌ»ˆãB $¢ÜnwÓäÄqAÝQŠúݧ"ÿ¼—8.ä¾ZMq%òùåíÄqaßzJ.Noì·"¼£8®têýæøí
À»ŠãJW ™¨öÛ‹ŽwÇ•sW&ù¢Çª{÷[Dó¿ü¼oZe&óÅòpÆHù¬×¢ßçMuÈêQ-êc[ó2ÚtðÀ|î˜yãšw~¾¥ '^I÷%A'Ä' IâH$q$H'8$I '$ŽIG'$‰#A'Ä' IâH$q$H'8$I '$ŽIG'$‰#A'Ä' IâH$q$H'8$I '$ŽIG'$‰#Aðýý·^r$aj IEND®B`'

. - n o _ m o r e -

Status
Not open for further replies.