MCR-my

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Allow me to translate from fanboy/fangirl into English. I have a lot of experience with these types and I know how to use the Google to decipher their language.

'MCR-my' is a play on the word 'army' by way of it being said as 'em cee arr me.' MCR refers to the band My Chemical Romance, thus MRC-my is a name for the "army" of My Chemical Romance fans. 'Killjoys' is another fan community name in use, taken from the band's 2010 album titled Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys. Throughout the songs and music videos of this album the band lays out a story about a group of people called the Killjoys fighting against some kind of oppressive regime and espousing the evils of corporate powers and conformism, so many MCR fans have taken to calling themselves Killjoys as well (because apparently they also hate corporations and conformists). There is an element of fanfiction present in it as well, apparently, since many of these fans will make up character versions of themselves that could fit into this dystopian world and hypothetically fight alongside the character versions of the band members that are part of the story presented by the songs and music videos.

Or at least that's what I surmise from about five minutes of looking at search results. I probably missed some things because I can't be fucked to read any more about it, but the general point is that this is a thread made to seek out fans of My Chemical Romance. I'm not one of them (I just wanted to share my findings because I was also confused and then did some brief research), so I'll be taking my leave of this thread now.

Thy Google-fu is powerful, Jorick.

Why every band has to have a fucking army these days is beyond me. I thought petty tribalism was restricted to football.

I dunno man, Black Parade was a cracker of an album. Proper 'musical theatre' going on there.
Don't get me wrong, I loved "teenagers", "Disenchanted" and a few more onwards, but I dunno, something changed since the last I've listened to them, They're alright though.

They're still a crapload better than a good lot of those bands we have these days, so there's that. ^^

Lol sorry for the confusion! Good job explaining though. Needless to say I am a little obsessed aha

Killjoys make some noise!

I enjoyed "Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge" and "The Black Parade" quite a bit. But the "Danger Days" album just seemed lumpy. The story is compelling, I'll give it that; but the sudden and drastic change in their musical style was very off putting. It's as if they attempted a drastic over correction from their previous works. Though I have read up on Gerard's commentary on the album, I just can't listen to the album through like the previous. (Not counting the 2002 album)

Why every band has to have a fucking army these days is beyond me. I thought petty tribalism was restricted to football.
Humans are social creatures, many want to belong in a community, many want to be led.
It's only natural. Logical? Up for questioning, but it is natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.