Marvelous Madcap (mis)Adventures

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
goldenrod SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd, 2018
TUCKERTON, NEW JERSEY
MIDDLE OF BUMFUCK NOWHERE
10:47am

[fieldbox=Mira Strauss, purple, groove]The sight of the abandoned warehouse and the land was considerably unimpressive. It was clear that nobody had been there for at least a decade. Lush greenery grew everywhere, including right up every side of the building, curling into neglected construct through broken windows and doors hanging off the hinges. But it had so much potential! The land was vast and the forest shrouded the place with only a lonely dirt road that was barely visible to lead to it. The place was falling apart but it could be made new again; better, even.

"Goodness! This is quite the group y'got here!" Mira's grey eyes twinkled brightly, revealing a youthful spirit despite the fact that time had not been so kind to her body. "So many handsome men. My, oh my!!" Mira feigned a swoon -- or maybe she was legitimately lightheaded because her heart rate had increased at the sight of the entourage. "And such beautiful young ladies. Are y'all gonna model when you're not saving the day?" she joked. She was a petite and seemingly frail woman with an abundance of silver hair that flowed freely around her shoulders. Even so, she carried herself with such an attitude that the joy of simply existing could possibly be quite contagious. Her laughter rang out through the forest, just as vibrant as it probably was when she could walk two feet without bending over and huffing and puffing.

"It's so good to see y' again, Rosita. I really, truly hope that this can help y'all do what you're doin'. And I gotta thank all y'all for what you're after." She looked beyond Rosita, whose hands she'd grasped in her bony grip. "It's mighty brave, and a helluva lot more than what most people's doin' these days. S'a damn shame, pardon my French. But y'all ain't tryin' to hear from an old goat like me, I bet. Go on and have y'selves a look 'round, feel the place out. I know it ain't much but, with a l'il elbow grease and some gardenias, it'll be good as new." Mira winked at Colleen and whispered -- although one could hardly call it whispering since anyone within ten feet could have heard her -- "Gardenias fix everythin'!" [/fieldbox]

"Yeah, totally. I know that from personal experience," said Colleen, who had no personal experience pertaining to gardenias.

The place was more agreeable to Colleen than she had previously imagined, somewhat endearing in its various states of obsolescence and disrepair. She had expected something perhaps more 'tres grande' out of something that passed the discerning tastes of Adam and Ro alike, with all the sterility of the perfectly adequate. This was much better, much more personable in a sense, especially when factoring in the seller.

"I… also really dig the aged-up Southern debutante schtick. I like it enough that this whole super-nice, well-mannered thing you got going on only makes me slightly uncomfortable." Colleen looked around, in part to save herself from having to explain that particular comment, stopping at Rosita as if to say 'oops, I couldn't help it?' "Who wants to roll with? We'll look for a prime hot-tub real estate."

Collaborative Madcaps I

Mira peered at Colleen curiously but she didn't say anything. She simply had that "kids will be kids" look about her as she waved her off and hobbled over to her truck so she'd have somewhere to sit while the tour was conducted. She'd give it herself but she didn't know much about the land and she was too old for all that anyway.​

Rosita rolled her eyes at Colleen, joining her nonetheless. "Hot tub, you say? I'll do you one better: hot spring." Grinning, she gestured towards the building, squinting a bit at the thick vines and leaves that crawled up the brick and metal. "This is seriously happening."

"Indeed it is," Adam smiled at her. This was it. They were taking the first steps towards being something more than just a ragtag band of empowered misfits. "Sure it's rough right now, but this place is definitely a fixer-upper. Throw some paint on the walls, do a bit of housekeeping, and we'll be ready to start moving in some tech and furniture." Walking around the corner, Adam noticed a large hole in the wall that looked like a cannonball had smashed through it multiple times. "I mean, this here might need a little more than just some paint, but we can always hide it with a poster or something," he joked. Stepping forwards, Adam suddenly stopped and looked down, realizing his new dress shoes were steeped in dog feces. Sighing, he chuckled to himself and looked over at his group, clearly embarrassed. "Hey, look! We've even got free fertilizer!" he laughed aloud, taking off his shoes and stepping away.

"Callin' this a fixer upper, Sugar… is like callin' Hurricane Sandy a shower." Penny interjected, cocking her sunglasses to look up at the building with a disapproving frown, "Hell. Reminds me of my first apartment… How much money did you two say you had? Cause you're gonna need it…"

Glancing at Penny, she wasn't really sure how to respond. She didn't mind letting the others in the group know that they needn't worry about finances, but it was always just a "Don't worry, I've got it covered". It wasn't that she thought they'd take advantage of her if they knew how much she had, she just worried that they'd feel… Well, she didn't know. Especially with how Penny and Kelsey had insisted back at the diner that they be allowed to contribute.

"Enough," she responded firmly. "I'm not paying for construction; none of us are. It's 85 grand, but mostly for the almost-thirteen acres of land. A portion of the river goes through what's about to our land, so we own that too. It's pretty awesome, right?" She hoped that Penny wouldn't press anymore about finances.

Hearing Adam make his discovery on his shoes Allison said, "It wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't a dog that left that. Who knows what kind of wildlife we could be dealing with here, and in terms of fixer upper...." Allison looked at the sizable hole in the wall and said, "Yeah we're gonna probably need at least six weeks just to get started." She looked back at those with her and said, "However, we're not exactly the cream of the crop in terms of super-heroes either, but we do what we can to make a difference despite what our outward appearance happens to be. This place…" Allison looked all around and said, "is a clean slate and we get the chance to make it however we want it." Allison looked at Rosita and gave her wink and a smile and said, "We're gonna be all right here."

Ro's head turned just in time to catch Allison's wink and smile. She rolled her eyes playfully but the smile was returned. "Six weeks? I don't think so. We're moving in tonight." Grinning, she gestured towards the hole in the wall and narrowed her eyes in focus. Thin waves of green light danced over and between her fingers like sparks of electricity.

Now it was Colleen's turn to roll her eyes, not that, judging by her wry smile, she didn't appreciate the sentiments; writers loved platitudes especially the 'making a difference' one, "You all sound really mature and optimistic here, which means that none of you have ever seen 'The Visit'; say what you will about M. Night Shyamalan, but the horror movie caucasian bad granny trope is truth in media 'ya'll'." Her face suddenly turned cold serious, almost comically so, "Let's look for dead bodies."

Rosita arched a brow at Colleen. "We can worry about the dead bodies later, Montresor." Jesus, Colleen was such a weirdo sometimes. But in the best way.

Rosita then went silent as she walked a little bit ahead of the rest of them, hardly paying attention to their chatter. She had a big smile on her face as she looked at what would be their future home. It would be fantastic.

As she tilted her head to one side she closed her small hand into a fist. Dust and concrete gathered, lifting into the air slowly and then slamming into place, quickly filling the hole. It looked for a moment like it'd been poorly glued together, cracks littering the once dislodged pieces of grey brick, but the cracks did slowly begin to heal until you couldn't tell a hole had been there before. "Tonight," she reiterated breathlessly. "Why blow time money on construction when I can just do… that?" Not to mention, she wanted their habitation in the woods to be kept a secret. She didn't need a bunch of nosy workers posting on their Twitter about a weird group of people building a hideout in the middle of nowhere.

In most cases Allison would've been completely in awe of Ro fixing the hole in the wall the way she did. However, Allison was used to seeing amazing things being done by this group, and the fact that they were moving in tonight made Allison's mind spin for a bit. This group was really starting to come together as something more than just a group, and that made her smile even wider. Allison said to Colleen, "I hope we don't find any dead bodies, because I'll give you another movie to think about." Rolling her eyes and shaking her head Allison said, "'Poltergeist' scared the daylights out of me when I saw it on late night TV at the age of nine. Yeah it was made in the 80's but it still packs a decent punch storywise." Allison looked around at the floor as shuffled her feet in the dust. At least she was hoping it was dust, otherwise she didn't want to know what it was. She said, "Say whatever you want about this place, but believe it or not I actually think we've upgraded from our accommodations from last night."

Penny smirked and it was pretty clear from the expression that the blonde was both amused and a little impressed by Ro's display. She had her own tricks, but rarely did they involve defying the laws of physics with such careful and succinct clarity. It was a beautiful display of the woman's abilities, and a relief, considering the work they had ahead of them.

"Alright…" she mused with a nod, "I guess we should get to work, then."

"Well, if you insist," Colleen shrugged, the 'floatie-hands' already put to work, hovering noncommittally, as if mirroring their owner's current demonstration of (non) work ethic, "Just pay me with some good ol' horror movie talk."

Adam chuckled to himself at the whole display. "Well, I suppose you're right. We'll never get anywhere at this rate." Sticking his head through one of the blown out windows, Adam yelled out. "Hey, there you are! Took you long enough! You left to gather that stuff hours ago. Come help us out alright? We're going to start working on this section." Moments later, two Adams drove up in an old truck. Taking off their jackets and rolling up their sleeves, as they entered, the duo looked like they'd come from a construction site. One of them carried a toolbox, while the other carried paint and building materials. "There's more in the back of the truck," the second Adam muttered, annoyed he'd had to do all the heavy lifting and loading. Setting the items down, they started picking up debris, boarding up holes, and removing trash and broken items that laid strewn around the area. They were small steps, but they were necessary. The trio were all mentally linked, and knowing what the others were doing helped move the process along quite quickly.

Looking over at Colleen, Rosita, and Allison, Adam smirked playfully. "Hey! We've already started working while you're all still standing around. What's wrong? Can't keep up?" He laughed, boarding up his second window.

Allison saw everyone getting to work using their powers, and once again she felt the oddball. She could shrink so what was she going to do? Pick up each piece of dirt individually? Allison could stay normal size, but she always felt like the others looked down her, literally and symbolically. They never said it but it just felt that way.

She started to walk away from the group when she noticed something on the ground. Allison knelt down and stared intently for a moment. There were all kinds of little cracks in the floor, and eventually those little cracks could lead to bigger issues. The repairs required attention to detail and easy touch. Allison smiled and said to herself, "Oh yeah Allie Mac you got this." Allison ran out to the truck and grabbed a tube of caulking. When she got back into the warehouse she opened the tube and said, "When I do this, will someone please make sure my clothes don't stay on the ground too long? This is my favorite AC-DC tour shirt, and these are my favorite jeans. Thank you."

Allison then touched her earrings and concentrated. Within a matter of seconds she was engulfed in her clothes, and quickly she emerged from them wearing a set of beige sweats. Allison took a deep breath and said, "Time to get to work for me." She picked up the tube, which was considerably larger, but she could work with it and began filling in the cracks.

There was something to it… watching the others utilize their abilities to work. Like seeing a famous artist craft a masterpiece.. But Penny was the sort who preferred, when it was doable, to rely on her own skills. Those natural ones that she possessed. Of course, construction wasn't her strong suit, but she could swing a hammer or push a broom, and so with a small shake of her head and a quiet, weary laugh, she moved off to the collection of tools they had at hand to get started.~

Involved:

@QuakeUPSB
@Elle Joyner
@MST3K 4ever
@Shizuochan
@Small Foxx

Last edited:
Collaborative Madcaps II

As the Madcaps conversed, Adam decided it was time to take a look around. Let's see what we've got here, Adam thought to himself, expelling a large amount of smoke from his lungs. Appearing before him stood four clones, each dressed in matching white suits. "Looking good gentlemen. Split off and see what we're working with." Conversing amongst each other for a couple moments, the group separated and went different ways, inspecting their new home.

Walking up to Kelsey, Adam bowed playfully at her, a mischievous smile on his face. "M'lady, would you care to take a gander at our new home? I could always use an extra set of eyes." Looking around at the other members that hadn't started walking around yet, Adam yelled out. "Anyone else is welcome to join us on our excursion! Maybe we'll fight wolves! Or run into a troll! Or fight a dragon!" Pausing, Adam looked over at Kelsey sheepishly. "I mean, not that there's anything wrong with dragons. Say, want a cigar?" he asked, trying to change the subject.

Kelsey had to admit that she was a little pleased that Adam--or rather, a part of him--decided to explore with her. She'd expected to go solo but this was nice. Kelsey allowed a small smile to creep onto her face, before banishing it and retaining her solemn composure. "Sure, let's do it." When he extended the invitation to the other members in the group, Kelsey deflated inwardly a little. She'd thought--She'd thought something stupid and she wasn't going to dwell on it now. When Adam mentioned the bit about dragons, Kelsey rolled her eyes. Her team members should know by now that if she ever met another dragon, she'd destroy it herself. In terms of literature, there weren't many good dragons, so if they ever met one, Kelsey would put it down before it had a chance to wreak any havoc.

"You know I don't smoke." She lightly reprimanded the man, as they walked into the building. "I hope this place doesn't have asbestos." She said to herself.

Adam laughed at her response, sliding his cigar back into his suits' breast pocket. "Well alright. I'll save it for some other time. I'm going to get through that hard outer shell of yours, one way or another," he laughed. "As for asbestos, I'm sure it's fine. Can you imagine us taking on dangerous criminals, powerful organizations and secret societies only to be defeated by a bunch of minerals? That would sure be something."

"Asbestos isn't just a bunch of minerals, it can--" Kelsey started but stopped. This was not the time to argue about the dire effects of the infamous mineral. They were there to scope this place out after all. "Let's see if there's a good place to set up a kitchen. We have to be able to eat right?" After consuming greasy, heart clogging, probably diabetes inducing food for months, Kelsey would kill for an opportunity to have home cooked meals again, even if by homecooked she meant steam-to-go meals from the mini mart.

"Indeed. As much as fine dining is quite enjoyable, home cooking has a sort of specialness to it, wouldn't you say?" Adam asked, looking around the premises. "Say, it looks like Rosita and her group have started working already. Not surprising, but you'd think they'd want to look around a bit more. Either way, I suppose we can't get left behind." Turning to Kelsey, he pointed to a room over her shoulder that appeared quite spacious, despite the debris and dust that had collected in it. "Say, how about over there?"

Kelsey regarded the room with a scrutinizing glower for a moment. It did indeed look big…Within five long strides, she was over there, leaning in close and adopting the air of a health inspector. Aside from the junk and thick layers of dust, the room seemed perfectly suited to house a kitchen. "We could put a kitchen island there...Oh and a breakfast nook there!" As an avid watcher of extreme home makeover and house flipping programs, Kelsey was starting to get excited. She looked over her shoulder and shot Adam a rare smile, "Great choice!"

Adam smiled back, clearly pleased with himself. "Sounds good. I'll even add a self-serve coffee bar over in this corner," he pointed. As he surveyed the room, Adam realized something. "Say, this is probably the first time we've been alone, isn't it?" The pair had been around each other before, but always as part of a larger group. Now it was just them, and Adam didn't mind it one bit. "I suppose it might have been a bit odd to see me coming up to you earlier. A guy you barely know. In truth I was actually unsure of how you'd respond. But I'm glad you came with me despite my poor jokes. Even if it was only for a little bit, I enjoyed our talk. If anything, at least I know you've got my back if we ever get in a tussle with an Asbestos monster." He laughed, reaching back into his shirt pocket. "You sure you don't want a cigar?" he offered jokingly.

She was not blushing. She. Was. Not. Blushing. And she most definitely wasn't accepting the cigar because she wanted to keep it. Kelsey looked down and away from the older man but held out her hand. "On second thought, I do want one." She muttered. Adam had highlighted the fact that the two of them had indeed never been alone, so now she was acting like a nervous moron. "We should get back to the others--let them know we found a place for the kitchen." She said in a monotone voice.

"I suppose you're right." Adam grinned, noticing the slight glow on Kelsey's cheeks. "Come, lets be on our way. I think the rest of them are out in the room on the other side of the building," he pointed. Without another word, he followed Kelsey out of the room and down the hall, heading towards the other Madcaps.

Involved:
@QuakeUPSB
@Cosmic Penguin

goldenrod SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 3rd, 2018
TUCKERTON, NEW JERSEY
MIDDLE OF BUMFUCK NOWHERE
9:15pm

[fieldbox=Rosita, green, groove]The day had been long and difficult but it was turning out great. Rosita was proud of her find and determined to show the others that the land was a worthy investment of their time, finances, and work. With the whole lot of them working together they had managed to make the first two floors habitable, though it'd be some time before they got it nice and proper; the kitchen was for show and storage for the most part, as were the bathrooms, and their lighting consisted of a ton of candles, a couple of chandeliers, lanterns, and Elder Scrolls-looking torches on the walls, but after a hefty amount of cleaning and furniture arranging, it was starting to look a lot less shitty than it originally had been. The outside still looked pretty ramshackle, though Rosita did grow more than a few flowers to make it look prettier until they had the chance to really get to it.

All in all, by days end it was looking pretty good for twelve hours worth of work. Rosita was red in the face from the exertion of her abilities but she was happy, especially as she looked around her new room and felt a sense of belonging for the first time in what felt like forever. No more living out of a suitcase or putting up with annoying neighbors. Okay, she still had annoying neighbors, but she didn't mind them.

She decided to stay in her room for a while, upset at the loss of three of their teammates; Robbie said that he had something important to attend to and that he'd be a better asset when he got back, Elijah didn't say much but Rosita was sure it had something to do with his prior suggestion to steal SHIELD tech, and Ender ... just left. Out of the three, Rosita only really missed one. She enjoyed the small talks and fun banter she'd had with the dour but undeniably cool Robert.

After a while she finally made it downstairs and admired their handiwork, smiling at the sight of the others enjoying a meal. She had fun hunting earlier, though she made sure to do all the gutting, skinning, and butchering before coming back to the warehouse. "Smell's amazing," she said, casting a smile at Penny and assuming she was the one that cooked it. "What's on the menu?"

It felt good to walk around a home in an old tank top and sweatpants with her hair down and makeup off. She was stuck with these guys so she might as well get used to it. Rosita gave an absent wave and gravitated towards the food that'd probably been cooked over a campfire or on the grill, only stopping when she saw headlights. "Mira?" She cocked her head to one side in curiosity. Squinting against the high beams, she saw what appeared to be another figure or two walking alongside the short silhouette that was clearly Mira. "What's she want...?"
[/fieldbox]

Featuring: Penny (@Elle Joyner)

• Love
Reactions: Mundane Monster
[fieldbox="Adam Masters, gray, solid"]

Seated in the corner of the first floor common area, Adam Masters was on the phone, speaking with his business associates. Despite all the heroism Adam had been participating in, he still had his companies to run, and he couldn't let them just fall into ruin while he eloped to play hero. It was the more boring part of his everyday life, but business was a skill he excelled in. He needed only to apply himself.

"Yes Nathaniel. That's what I'm saying." Adam rose to his feet and began to pace back and forth. "If we sell now, we risk a huge loss in profits. It doesn't take a genius to see that. Even your secretary could tell you that. Look at the patterns over the last three fiscal years. It's written in black and white. We don't sell. At least not yet." He paused. "Yes. I understand. It's very unfortu-What? Yes! Of course I'm on urgent business. I wouldn't leave you if I didn't have to. I'm dealing with some "issues" that will help us in the long run..Alright. Very well. Keep me updated."

Adam hung up the phone. "What a foolish man," he muttered to himself. "It's as if he's purposely trying to run us into the ground." Digging into his suit pocket, Adam fished out his cigar case, slipping a Behike from it into his hand. It was an expensive cigar; Cuban, and one he only smoked when he was stressed. Leaning out one of windows that was now clear of broken glass, Adam lit up and inhaled deeply, exhaling out into the night air.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Erika Delaney, hotpink, solid"]
NhbLBbK.jpg

Twirling her bat with a rather carefree attitude, Erika sauntered towards the dimly lit hovel, a cocky smirk plastered across her face. She wasn't sure why she was here, or what she was walking into, but she hadn't had much choice in the matter. Mira had called in a favor, one Erika owed from years ago when she had first become the Ghost Rider. In short, Mira had nursed Erika back to health when Erika first fought a real challenge; one that granted her the realization that she wasn't invincible. It was very much a David and Goliath story, with Erika as Goliath. Having practically saved her life, Erika had promised Mira one favor, where she would do anything the older woman asked. Now years later, Mira had finally cashed it in.

And so Erika had met up with Mira and a couple others, and had found herself riding in the back of an old Chevy van. It had been quite an uncomfortable ride, and Erika would have much rather preferred to ride her bike. However she didn't know where to go, and the demon inside of her, Damascus, had suggested they avoid drawing attention to themselves just yet. Erika grudgingly agreed. So with a bumpy commute and an air of annoyance, the Ghost Rider arrived with her group.

As they approached the building, Erika continued twirling her bat, mentally conversing with Damascus.

"Think we're gonna be bashing bad guys heads in, Dammy?"

"Unlikely. I doubt we'd be walking up like this if there was any actual threat. This seems like some sort of meeting."

Erika frowned. "That's no fun." she paused. "We might have to make some of our own," she grinned, her face flushing with excitement. "We'll rid this place of evil faster than you can say Abra Cadabra!" Conflict was her best friend, and she hoped to find some in the shoddy dump they were outside of. Glancing down, Erika lifted her boot of the ground, a yellow daisy crushed into the grooves of the shoe's underside.

"Ew. Flowers. Disgusting."

[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
[fieldbox="Kelsey Vance/Wyvern, #ED6D18, solid"]
Kelsey was relaxing after a tiring day of incinerating debris that couldn't be recycled or was too much of a hassle to relocate. Even though she was dog tired and lounging on an uncomfortable bench with only her jacket as a cushion, she felt satisfied. She'd just inhaled her dinner--that had been delightful, thanks to Rosita and Penny's, hunter-chef collaboration. And she wouldn't admit this to anyone, but she was immensely happy. The warehouse was really coming together and the individual touches from the Madcaps were making the building really feel like a home.

The stress that had been nagging at her for so long was finally dissipating and two out of the three members that had departed, had drastically improved her outlook on her new life. The no good vagrant, Robert had left with the vague excuse of bettering himself and the literal man baby, Elijah hadn't given a reason to the sudden cancellation of his madcaps membership. "Good riddance," Kelsey grumbled to herself, shifting to turn on her side and stare coldly at the wall as she thought of the last of the three to leave. She would miss Edmund and the happy silence that accompanied him. They had been two sides of the same coin, or so she had thought, so she'd been really hurt when he'd just deserted them. "Whatever. We don't need quitters." She muttered to herself.

Her phone buzzed and she smiled to herself when she read the message. After she'd cleared a moderately sized room of debris, she texted her old coworker to have Lisa sent to the nearest animal clinic for Kelsey to pick up. And according to said coworker, Lisa would be at the clinic within the next three days. She could hardly wait to hold her cutie patootie in her arms aga--

Kelsey snapped out of her thoughts upon hearing Rosita's inquiry and noticing the high beams shining through the windows of the warehouse. She got to her feet and dusted her pants off before coming to stand behind the other woman. From what she could see, Mira, their pleasant if not odd realtor was accompanied by a few new faces, one of whom was carrying what appeared to be a spiked bat. "Should we be concerned about Negan, over there?" She asked eyeing the approaching woman's weapon of choice warily.[/fieldbox]
@Small Foxx

[fieldbox="Juno Tyler/Arcana, #136E6C, solid"]
Her father's funeral didn't last very long. Apparently, while Juno was in Nepal, he'd lost the majority of his friends to a bad attitude. The few friends he had left amounted to four. Four old-fashioned men who were just as grumpy and as bitter as her father. Needless to say, they hadn't been very easy to deal with, especially when they'd found out that there was no wake. Juno had had to deal with huffing and puffing, mumbling and grumbling and dirty looks all throughout the funeral but to be honest, she really didn't care. She'd only returned to America to care for her ailing father and now that he had bit the dust, she was free! A year ago that meant free to return to Kamar-Taj but recent events had thrown a wrench into her plans.

She'd been informed that the person she respected the most, the Ancient One was dead, leaving Dr. Stephen Strange as the new protector of the realm. As soon as Juno had heard that name, she knew that she wasn't going back to her old digs. Strange was a great sorcerer and cool to have for tea, but live with 24/7 (if he'd even allow that)? No way, Jose. But then, the person who told her all of this had turned around and attacked her! Back at Kamar-Taj, Karl Mordo had been kind of a stick in the mud but he'd turned into a real prick. Juno hadn't stood a chance against him, especially after he destroyed her most powerful tarot cards, the ones that forced reality to its knees and do her bidding. But then, she'd been rescued by a ragtag, Little Rascal-esque, Mystery Gang infused group of heroes. Or rather, vigilantes as they'd stressed. After their combined forces pushed Mordo to retreat, one of the members who went by the moniker; Sister Nature had invited her to join their group, the Madcaps. And with all the information that she'd just received, Juno had agreed to join them later along the line after her father passed. The woman had been quite understanding and had given her the contact information of an older woman named Mira who would assist Juno in getting into contact with the Madcaps when the time was right.

"And now, here we are!" Juno squealed into the ear of Mira, the driver of the beat-up Chevy that was taking her and some other people to the Madcap headquarters. Five minutes into the drive, Juno had struck up a conversation with Mira that had led to her retelling her journey up until that point. The tarot witch had even spoken in the third person, to set a storytelling mood.

"Heh. You should write a book." Mira said wryly as they exited the van and approached a...Ruggedly majestic warehouse.

"Wow," Juno exclaimed. "Très rustic, eh?" She said to the bat toting woman nearest to her.[/fieldbox]
@QuakeUPSB

To say it was a long day was an understatement. Especially when the work that was being done was very detailed, and you're only six inches tall. It had been a while since Allison and stayed at that size for such an extended period, and when she returned to normal size her aches and pains were even more obvious. She was so grateful that the showers were working, as she only needed a quick rinse off. The warm water though made her aching muscles release and Allison just enjoyed the water beating on her skin.

Allison slipped into a pair of black jeans, and a sapphire blue tank top. After spending all day in her Barbie sweat suit the idea of wearing sweats to unwind in almost made her physically ill. As she came down stairs the difference between the warehouse from when they arrived to now noticeable. Allison though knew that they still had a ways to go, she knew that the process was going to be a long one getting it into to what it could be, but she also realized that they were not going to be anything along the lines of what Stark could do. All that being said Allison had no problems with where they were and what they were trying to do. Allison did hate seeing other members of the group leave. They had their reasons, and Allison could respect that.

Allison joined the group gathered for dinner. She said, "Smells great and after the day we had. I am so ready to eat." She grabbed a bowl of the stew and sat down to enjoy it. As she did Allison opened up an app on her smart phone and began scrolling through some of the pages on The Daily Bugle's website. She did feel a smidge of jealousy over the pictures that Parker got yet again of Spider-Man in action. It always seemed as though he was able to get the shots of him no one else could. Allison shook her head and said as she scrolled through the pictures, "One day I'll get my picture of him before Parker can. One day."

Just then she noticed the headlights beaming. Allison quickly jumped up and felt a brief surge of adrenaline, but it quickly faded as she realized that if this was some kind of attack they wouldn't be showing up with high-beams on. Allison made her way to Kelsey and said, "We might be getting some members to offset our losses. We didn't have to go out recruiting for them. I wonder what they can bring to the table?"

@Cosmic Penguin

"Boy, do I sure love stew," Colleen mused, in a tone that bounced on the respective edges of sardonicism and geniality, "Everything just sort of congeals together in this delicious, homogeneous muck; you couldn't even if someone sprinkled something awfully macabre and unbecoming in here."

Her sense of tact and table manners had already been mostly used up, as it were, in abstaining from the topic of their recent losses. Was it the prospect of unprecedented growth, this new and unfamiliar direction the group was taking? Did they 'Google-Maps' the house and find it that terrifying? Even internally, she strayed away from thoughts of their various personal tribulations. It just simply wasn't her place.

She offered a sigh and looked to Ro-Ro; doubtlessly she'd be crus-

"... You okay, Ro?" Colleen rose, noting the headlights that had drawn her attention.

Rosita's brow creased as she squinted a little more, trying to make out just how many people were out there. She knew it was Mira from the sound of the beat-up old pickup; there was a moment of fear that flashed through her when she thought that maybe it was SHIELD or some other agency, come to shut them down. Honestly, she wouldn't put it past Elijah or Finn to have snitched them out. That was just paranoia though.

"Think maybe it's a housewarming gift?" she said as she approached Adam, her eyes never once leaving the silhouettes that drew ever closer. Shifting slightly to Colleen, she nodded and gave a smile. "Yeah. Sounds like Mira, but looks like she brought company."

"Hm?" Adam glanced up, clearly startled. He had been deep in thought and although he had seen the group of approaching strangers, his mind hadn't really registered that they were there. Squinting out, he put out his cigar as he watched them get closer.

"I'm not sure what kind of gift involves someone as pale as her carrying something as dangerous as that," Adam pointed at the bat wielding stranger behind Mira. "But perhaps it's just a fashion statement. You never know with kids these days." Glancing around the room, Adam couldn't help but appreciate the progress they'd made in a single day. The group had all worked well together, even if a bunch had left for their own reasons. In truth, he couldn't blame them. Something like this wasn't for everyone. But despite his reservations, he was glad to be here.

"We really made something out of nothing, didn't we?"

Rosita spotted the figure he was talking about and her eyebrows immediately rose. "What if they're recruits?" she suggested. "Mira did say that she'd help us out in any way she could." They were still a small-time, rescuing-cats-from-trees sort of group, so the idea of anybody volunteering to join them seemed odd. "There was that one…" Rosita's voice trailed off when the high beams were shut down and it became easier to make out the people coming towards them.

Grinning up at Adam, she gave a nod. "Well, of course we did; I'm not the only force of nature around here," she teased.

Gesturing towards the door, she began to tow him along with her. "Definitely recruits." She affirmed as much when she saw the dark-skinned beauty among the visitors, someone she and a few of the others had helped deter a deranged sorcerer not too long ago. "Let's go say hi."

"Recruits huh? Hopefully they're an upgrade from what we lost." Adam slicked back his hair once more as he looked himself over in the reflection of one of the few undamaged windows. First impressions were everything, after all. Following Rosita towards the door, he stopped when she made her "force of nature" comment.

"...Was that a pun? Did you just make a pun? Goddamnit Rosita," he chuckled. "I think you're getting too comfortable around us all. Don't forget to go back to your annoyed and brooding state once in awhile. Otherwise you might melt away. Like an M&M. Or a Gremlin." Adam laughed aloud, still being dragged towards the door.

"I'd take a trained monkey over Elijah any day," she said with a snort before smacking his arm. "And you keep teasing, Kingsmoke. I'll have a personal rain cloud haunt you for the rest of your life." Rosita gestured to the small grey cloud forming over his head, flashing with lightning. She probably wouldn't actually do such a thing to him -- at least not out of spite.

She opened the door before anyone could knock, immediately shifting to a warmer demeanor, like a receptionist (or at least one that cared about customer service). "Mira! It's good to see you." Rosita wrapped her arms around the tiny elder and gave a gentle hug. Her gaze floated over to Juno and she beamed. "Here to take us up on that offer?" The mutant hoped so. They were down four members. She then took a moment to fix her gaze on the pale, bat-wielding… hooligan? "Hi, I'm Rosita." The blonde's appearance was intimidating -- and that was putting it mildly -- but Rosita had to respect that the other woman was definitely owning her fashion. "Loving the dystopian grunge punk look, by the way. Very bold."

"Would that mean i'd be..brainstorming?" Adam laughed, bobbing and weaving playfully in an attempt to avoid the cloud. When Rosita opened the door, Adam flashed his best smile towards Mira and the strangers.

"And I'm Adam Masters. It's nice to meet you both. And you, Mira. It's good to see you again."

Mira offered a kindly smile and embraced Rosita in the warm hug before pulling back and offering Adam a wink. "Always good to see a strapping young man like yourself," the crone teased. She then gestured to the two younger women with her. "I'll let these two introduce themselves. I'd likely get winded if'n I tried talkin' that much."

@QuakeUPSB (Adam & Erika)
@Cosmic Penguin (Juno)
@Shizuochan (Colleen)

• Love
[fieldbox="Erika Delaney, hotpink, solid"]
"Yeah. Sure. Rustic. Let's call it that," Erika replied, slightly annoyed. She wasn't a fan of walking into an area blindly, and it didn't help she'd had to listen to Juno tell her whole life story the entire ride over. It was an original one though, she'd give her that.

Before the group could knock, the door flew open. Standing in the entrance, a man and woman greeted them warmly with friendly smiles on their faces. They seemed to know Mira, as they both welcomed her. As Erika studied the pair, she grew even more suspicious about why she was here. These seemed to be good people. What was she, an emissary of badassery and asskicking doing in a place like this? There didn't seem to be any evil around, at least not at first glance. As she surveyed the area while the others spoke, she wondered what a group of people were doing in a place like this. It was almost like they were hiding.

At Rosita's comment about her attire, Erika turned back. "Dystopian grunge punk. Never heard it described that way." Erika smirked, clearly giving Rosita the once over. "Sounds like something a hipster would say..." she paused, gauging the girl's response. "But I'll give it to ya." Stretching out her arm for a fist bump, Erika smiled for the first time since she'd arrived. It was a genuine response, even if it looked more like a grimace than an actual smile. "I'm Erika by the way. For whatever reason, our mutual friend Mira here has kept me in the dark about this whole thing, so I'm just going to ask...Who's head am I bashing in, and where can I find them?"

@Cosmic Penguin
@Small Foxx

[/fieldbox]

• Love
Allison heard that these newcomers were new recruits. She was understandably curious as to what they would bring to the table, and while she was looking forward to getting to know the newbies Allison was realizing that she was starting to miss those who had just left. They had a bond that was formed in what was one of the worst circumstances, and Allison trusted them enough to show them her powers. Up until then Allison did everything she could to hide her powers, but now she was willing to use them with the others. As a general rule, Allison was trusting of people until proven otherwise but getting used to people with others with gifts was something new for her.

Approaching the group Allison heard one of the new recruits introduce herself as Ericka. Allison would usually be her pleasant effervescent self, but in this case she got the vibe if she tried that there was a better than average chance that Ericka would bash her skull in. Allison looked at the two new recruits and said, "Hi, Allison welcome to the group. We just here ourselves and still getting used to the place. So you all are pretty much at the same starting point as the rest of us." She looked at Mira and said, "Nice to see you again Mira. Thanks again for hooking us up in this place. I like to think we've made some progress here."

@Small Foxx
@QuakeUPSB

Reactions: Quake
goldenrod SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 4th, 2018
MOUNT TAMMANY, NEW JERSEY
11:15pm

[fieldbox=Sister Nature & Overload, white, groove]
Elijah. Penny. Robert. Juno. Kelsey. Finn.

The Madcaps were dropping like flies, and at the worst possible time. The team had lost six – one of them gone before even really joining – and gained one in return. That was a poor trade off. Even so, Rosita was optimistic that the remaining five could easily get the job done. There were only six Avengers and they'd taken on a god and an alien horde. This would be easy… right? Either way, Rosita was still pained by the loss they'd suffered. She had been so excited when they first began, and part of her wondered if her own ambitions were too big, if they'd gone because they didn't believe they could – or should – pursue the goals that Rosita dreamed of. Little did they know, the glimpse of her passion for justice – retribution – had been just that: a glimpse.

They were on the road now, fitted into a black van. Rosita stared out of her window from the back seat, hardly a thought in her head. This wasn't her first time taking on Trask, and it wouldn't be her last, but the others hadn't seen her fight yet. Not really. Up until now she'd held back. Then again, they hadn't gone up against the real villains until this moment. Her blood was still boiling over what Mira had told them.

Last night…

"They came in the middle of the night an' took 'em all: Axel, the babies, Tanya. All of 'em, y'all!" Mira burst into tears, her little body heaving with emotion. Rosita looked on with empathy and sorrow, but there was a fire in her eyes now. It took everything she had to not have an outburst herself. Instead, she placed a hand over Mira's and spoke reassuringly. "Don't worry, Mira; we'll find them and we'll get them back. That's a promise."

Rosita had let her emotions get the best of her later that night. Once Mira left Rosita immediately launched into a plan of attack. It was a search, rescue, and destroy mission as far as she was concerned. They went back and forth for a while and a line in the sand was drawn. "I'm leaving tomorrow to rescue Axel, his family, and everyone else Trask has locked up in that facility. I'm going to kill each and every one of their fucking guards, their researchers, and even their goddamn receptionists. And, you know what? I won't feel bad when I electrocute them. Or maybe I'll burn them alive – depends on my mood."

That murderous side of her that burned passionately with hatred for people that would dare think they had the right to abuse and murder people for being human – for existing – had come roaring out. And that's all it took for the others to leave. Part of her felt bad about it, but she also didn't care. Good riddance, she'd thought angrily to herself when she locked herself in her room.

Tracking them down had been fairly difficult, but they managed. Rosita barely said two words between then and now. She separated herself from the others, taking to the trees where branches bent and formed tightropes for her to walk across. Rosita needed a little more time to be in her head, though it wasn't granted. They were another five minutes from the fence that separated them from the facility when she looked down and saw someone dart out of the bushes. "Adam, look out!" But her cry was too late.

"You guys don't look like Trask patrol."

Grinning down at Adam was a young man, his eyes the color of lightning and his hand raised above his head crackling with electrical currents. The grin was wiped off his face when a strong vine wrapped around his waist, lifted him up, and slammed him to the ground. "Fuuuckk," he groaned, his body wracked with pain. He was seeing stars, but there was a face that stood out clear as day, though it was in the middle of the night. "Ro, is that you?" Calder's voice cracked as he tried to get up but was pinned down by the vine.

"Cal? You idiot!" she called out incredulously. Rosita came down from the tree and smacked the guy on the side of his head. "The fuck are you doing out here?"

"I could ask you the same thing. I am asking you the same thing. And, I don't know, maybe let me up?" Cal rolled his eyes as the vine retreated back to the earth. "You guys here about Axel, huh?" He looked around at the strange group of people when he finally stood, one hand rubbing the side of his face and the other his lower back. They were... unique, that was for damn sure.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Fire and Smoke, hotpink, solid"]
Picking himself off the ground, Adam brushed the dirt of his suit, fixing his cufflinks that had gone awry during the fall. "Well, that's one way to make an entrance. I think you might have singed some of the fibers of this three-piece," Adam noted. Normally he would've been taken aback by someone flying out of the darkness at him, but with everything they'd dealt with, it somehow didn't seem as unexpected. Nevertheless, Rosita seemed to know whoever this was, which was either good, or really really bad. Adam just hoped whoever this fellow was, he wouldn't be any trouble. It was the last thing they needed on a rescue mission.

Erika had been quite amused when some sort of electric kid had knocked Adam over. It was probably the most exciting thing that had happened the whole night. After the split with the other members, the entire mood of the group had been very somber. No one had really said much, so this change of events had definitely been for the better. At least for her. In truth, Erika couldn't believe she'd been stuck with these weirdos. She would have much preferred Mira talk to her first. The Ghost Rider would have just went after them herself. It was her practically her job to chase down bad guys anyways. Or so she thought. Hearing Calder's remark about their reason for being there, Erika couldn't help but respond.

"Yes we're here for Axel, and the rest." Erika replied, her fake smile replaced with a cold, murderous stare. "And if you get in our way, I'll send you straight to Hell without a second thought."

"Alright now," Adam interrupted. "Let's calm down. No one's going to Hell just yet. Rosita, would you care to introduce your friend?" Leaning over to Erika, he whispered under his breathe.

"You can't actually do that.. can you?"

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="Allison, blue, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]

Allison was not sure about any of this going in. They had done a few things here and there, but this time they were getting ready to storm into a Trask Facility. Trask was a greedy sleazeball who always felt that the means justified the ends. She met him once at a Christmas party briefly when her father worked for him and she wanted to shower for a month. Not to mention, if by some circumstance someone from Trask got footage of her in her shrunken state that could make her life, and her family's lives, rather complicated. However, to save the others who were being held in there it was a risk she was willing to take, and hope that her family would forgive her if things went wrong.

Getting in was one thing, but more than that they were trying to rescue others who were being held prisoner. Rosita had a plan but as most things go in life plans don't always work out. There are complications, surprises, and moments that usually called for improvisation, and those were moments that Allison would usually dread but she had faith in those she was working with. Even the new members she had a good feeling about. Rosita was willing to let them be a part of this and Allison always had faith in her.

To avoid any awkwardness concerning her clothes and so on Allison was already at six inches tall wearing a black sweatsuit. She was going to be the group's surprise and used to scout ahead. Allison was hiding in Adam's jacket pocket when she heard everything going on outside. She peeked out of the left pocket and said, "Hey, be careful please at this size I bruise very easily, and what looks small now will probably cover a good part of my body later. " First surprise appeared in the form of someone who Ro knew as Cal. Allison wondered what he would bring to the table. He was trying to save the others as well, and maybe with a little luck his plan would mesh up with theirs.

Allison looked around and said, "Okay in about ten minutes there going to be changing shifts. That's going to be our best time to try and get through the fence."

Mentioned/Interacted
Rosita & Cak (@Small Foxx )
Adam (@QuakeUPSB )

[/fieldbox]

Calder held his hands up in surrender when Bat-Girl spat a threat and fixed him with a glare that he was sure could kill if she willed it. "Ay, chill," he said. "I come in peace." He shoved his hands into his pockets to try and show that he meant no harm, though he was pretty sure that this group could take him down. The Rosita he knew wouldn't roll with them if they weren't capable, and he doubted there'd been a change in recent years.

Rosita glanced to make sure Adam was okay and let Erika terrorize Calder for a moment before she stepped between them. "It's fine." Sighing, she gestured to Adam and the others first. "This is Adam, Erika, and then there's Allison in Adam's pocket." She ignored the way Cal's eyes bugged when she mentioned the woman in Adam's pocket. Jerking a thumb in his direction, she shot a glance at the team. "Play nice – this is Calder Torson, much better known as Overload. We used to go to Xavier's together. Electrokinetic mutant in a class all his own."

Blue eyes darted to each person as she named them, and he gave his best smile. "Him, I recognize. I think I robbed you once or twice." His tone was facetious but he was quite serious. Still, better not to dwell on that; he didn't want to get knocked around by Erika's bat, and he knew Rosita would definitely tie him up and leave him dangling upside down in a tree. Still, he couldn't help his glib nature despite the absolute seriousness of his mission. It was just good luck – or fate – that theirs was the same.

"Mira asked you to help?" Rosita asked curiously, confusion written across her face.

Calder shook his head. "No. I was on the phone with him when it happened. Chev's here too, but he's here for Sia."

Knowing that they couldn't keep standing around and playing catch-up, Rosita grabbed Calder by the arm and hauled him off towards the facility that loomed further up the mountain trail, motioning for the others to follow. "Walk and talk," she insisted.

Calder kept a steady pace when he let go, making sure that he let his glowing gaze catch the others, including them in the conversation. "Chev left the X-Men a while ago. Kept butting heads with Scott." He paused and looked at Erika and Adam as he explained, not wanting them to feel lost on the information. "Chevalier Baptiste – everyone calls him The Equalizer. Might have seen him on the news. He's basically the Wakandan version of Frank Castle, and he's a mutant, but he has two abilities. They call the first one empathic weaponry, which is, like, he can summon weapons. Out of thin air, I think. They don't have a name for the second one, but he's a master of combat. He tried explaining it once: imagine waking up and suddenly you know every martial arts form in the world, you know immediately how to use every weapon you touch, and you know how to use everything you touch as a weapon." His grin was wide and boyish. It was clear that Chevalier was someone he looked up to.

"Coming up on the fence in less than two minutes. Talk faster," Rosita ground out impatiently, parting bushes and roots for them and trying her best to process all the information.

"Anyway," Cal continued "he came with me because they got his friend, Elysia. You heard of her? Virtuoso. Nobody else knew she was a mutant, parents wouldn't let her say anything, but Chev knew. She makes suits and armor and stuff for him, I think. Trask found out somehow and snatched her a few days ago. Chev tried to get the X-Men to do a raid on Trask – not just for Sia, but for everyone – but they wouldn't. Said they didn't want to get on the wrong side of the government, especially after The Accords. Wants to go at them through the court system. We tried to get to you, Ro, but I guess you've been busy."

Rosita felt a pang of guilt. If Axel had never been kidnapped then she wouldn't even be here. Not yet. Her two other friends would have been going at it alone. But she brushed that feeling aside. She was here, and that's what mattered. "Well, I guess this warrants a slight change in plan." Rosita came to a halt when a large fence came into view. The night shone with bright lights coming from a four-storied building beyond the barrier and the mere sight of it made her sick.

"Anyone wanna back out?" she asked quietly.

Reactions: MST3K 4ever

The mission had changed. Not completely, but a few more pieces had been thrown into play. This won't be easy, Adam thought. Looking down at Allison, he chuckled. "Are you planning on staying in there the whole time we're here? You should get out now and then. See the sights." It might not have been the time for jokes, but Adam couldn't resist. The atmosphere felt incredibly stiff, as if everyone was just waiting for something major to happen, and Adam didn't like it one bit. As he followed behind Rosita and her friend Calder, he couldn't help but feel suspicious. What were the chances of running into one of Rosita's friends in a place like this. Perhaps he was being overly cautious, but he couldn't shake the feeling that something was off.

When they arrived near the fence, Adam remained quiet, listening and processing everything Calder had said. What was Trask up to, he wondered. Looking around the area, he tried to formulate a possible way of entry. Erika on the other hand, was tired of waiting. It felt like all this group did was talk. Talk and talk and talk and talk. It practically drove her nuts. When Rosita asked if anyone wanted to back out, Erika practically blew a blood vessel.

"Jesus fucking Christ. I've had it. Move!" The Ghost Rider roughly shoved past Rosita, her body glowing and radiating heat. The bat-wielder's skin began to melt rapidly before her entire torso was engulfed her in flames. Looking over her shoulder, Erika stared directly at the group as the Ghost Rider's pretty face transformed into the infamous burning skull.

"Go save your friends. I'm gonna put on one hell of a show."

With a monstrous roar that echoed for miles in every direction, the Ghost Rider leapt over the fence and landed on the other side, sending a Trask guard through a concrete wall as she did. A guttural laugh could be heard echoing back to where the other Madcaps were, followed by gunfire and rapid explosions.

"And so it begins," Adam sighed, bringing forth four clones from his open mouth.

"Now then. Shall we?"

Calder watched Erika and Adam with his jaw practically on the ground. "Well then," he said breathlessly. He was quickly drawn out of his momentary daze by a sharp elbow to his ribs. If Rosita was surprised by Erika's sudden change, she didn't show it. Cal grimaced but he got the message. It was time to move. He knew Chevalier would catch up. With the guard's suddenly turning their attention to the commotion being caused by the Queen of Darkness and Hellfire they had the chance to slip off towards the building. He ran alongside Rosita, focusing on reaching Trask. They could come up with a plan when they got there.

Rosita wanted to run ahead of them all but she made sure to stay close. Even though Erika was raising one helluva scene, she and Adam and Calder weren't invisible. Bullets flew in their direction, tossing up clods of dirt and grass as they either missed or were deflected. Rosita hissed irritably and paused long enough to place her hands on the ground, raising a wall of earth between them and the enemy. She didn't have the time to focus on running and sensing out small pieces of metal flying through the night. "Coming in hot!" she cried out as she summoned a powerful gust of air and launched herself forward.

Calder pulled back a bit as Rosita crashed through the glass doors and pulled vines up through the floors. They whipped around and slammed security guards and menial employees into walls before strangling them or hanging them. Calder picked off the ones that slipped through, sending bolts of blue electricity from his hands and into their bodies.

Chevalier had been in the trees, scoping out the facility, counting guards, analyzing the blueprints. He saw when Calder arrived with three others but he didn't deign to present himself. Instead, he took advantage of the situation created by Erika. He switched off the safety on his rifle and began to pick off guards one by one. Inside the building. The tempered bulletproof glass was as fragile as dead leaves when left to the mercy of vibranium bullets. The enemy didn't know where to look or hit, running around and firing wildly into the trees, at Erika, at the trio rushing the building.

Inside, Rosita turned to Calder and the Adams. "We need to split up. They don't keep all the prisoners in one area, and we need to shut down their communications and exits before they call for backup or run. Stealth isn't an option anymore."