Map & Compass, Pt 2 - IC

I2SKXHb.png

Fa Leng bared his teeth at the older gentleman, matching his smile, but as the conversation drifted away from the matter of names, the draconic denizen's own gaze shifted to the tensions undoubtedly in place between Revan's two friends and Addrick. Threads indeed, threads stretching from one individual to another, informing upon past relationships that he had not yet uncovered wholly. A web then, one that he'd soon find himself entangled with if he acted without care.

Such was the way of jobs that involved politics though, whether it be merchants or royalty.

One of his lower arms reached out to scratch at his chin, Fa Leng's chest rumbling as he contemplated the offer. As perhaps the only 'real' outsider amongst the group currently present, he had the least to gain or lose from any sort of social gaff. Thus, it would be up to him to set the tone here, no? He breathed in, out, and then matched Addrick's eyes, body leaning backwards against his tail once more.

"Promises of power and prestige are tempting, but alas, my heart's set on the vagrant life of a freelancer, so consistent employ would be a knife in my heart. Impudent as it may be, I can not accept offers of years worth of work," Fa Leng spoke, placing a hand upon his stomach. "Still, it's flattery, to have caught the eyes of the Beaureves, and this job does seem to be exciting enough for one such as myself. I'm certainly on task, yes, for the work of…restoring the rightful leader of Montacier to his place, but future employment, I'm sorry, should be asked of me separately."

The denizen folded his four arms together into a perfect cross, and nodded.

"Give-and-give is not the nature of Enia though. In return for the acceptance of my flexibility as a 'contractor', I'll willing to do away with any of Thibault's offers, present or future." A slow wink followed. "And so long as the pay's good and the work's fun, there shan't be many declinations of the duties you seek of me."

@Flame @Sketching101] @Polaris North @ItariChan @Elvario

Reactions: Holy R. Enigma
Justine Ferra
Interacting with : Louis Plumhart & Theo Sketching101, Arturo Leone Jess Incognito, and Anthea Elvario.
Mentions :

Thankfully, Justine did her job that Anthea wanted in bringing her the books that she wanted. She couldn't help but notice what Anthea was looking at, the unguarded door. It caused her a bit of like, where did the guards go, that's a bit confusing. ' Wait that makes little sense to leave the door unguarded. But I am not going to cause my little sister any trouble, though.' Justine thought with some interest of what's going on. She wanted to understand the research field that Anthea was dealing with, so she was reading some of the reading material.

It took her off guard when she heard one of the two guards' had a booming voice to someone in the Library. Justine felt like that is why the door was unguarded. One of the guards at the door recognized someone in this library. As such, she was interested in the conversation but not as much as Anthea. It was mostly because of how Anthea cannot read the room but enjoys chatting with others. What piqued her interest was the person's last name, who the guard recognized, Mr. Leone.

Justine didn't help to notice that Anthea walked to the two in question, and she sighed frustratingly so. She did hear that Anthea basically recognized Mister Leone; guess they were simply acquaintances or had the same field choice. It made her get up from where she was sitting and follow Anthea to get into the conversation but not too much. She noticed the drone that Anthea was holding, and it was a bit cute in its mechanisms. It was one thing to say, Justine was a bit impressed at Anthea's practical research of putting what she learned to test in the world around them. " I'm Anthea Ferreira's assistant and bodyguard, Justine Ferra." Justine said with the reassurance of being friendly to Mister Leone. She wanted to be clear as day on what her assigned tasks were with Anthea. It did help; she made sure to write down what Anthea said in the notes.

It was a bit of a reassurance that the Templar Knight was youngish, compared to the many others. Justine did notice the person next to Mr. Leone and waved at him to with a slightly frustrated look on her face, but a smile also on it. ' Hmm, I do wonder who's the other man's name is, but it would be rude to ask right now. Ugh, got to keep Anthea out of trouble.' Justine thought with a clear distinction of taking her job seriously. She stands there listening in to the conversation and wondering what interesting points of discussion would be brought up. It was because all these lectures were interesting, even though dealing with Anthea was a complete hassle. The primary reason for that is because Anthea did tease her a few times throughout being in Montacier.

Sasha immediately shrugged off Addrick's hand and held back an insulting reply. He had a short temper and it didn't seem like a good idea to make him angry here. The longer they stayed here, the more uneasy she felt. Addrick was someone who could turn on them at any moment it seemed, and then there was Victor. She had no idea who he was, but he didn't seem trustworthy either.

After hearing the explanation of the work they were being offered, Sasha frowned and crossed her arms, "I feel the same as Fa Leng. I won't sign any long term contracts and I doubt there's anything that you can offer that would change my mind." She looked over at Revan, "I'm only here because of you. If you agree to the job then I do, too."

Although Sasha told Revan she'd follow his lead, the truth was she didn't want to be here any longer. She knew he was searching for his people and it was possible he could find allies and even possible leads here, but the work almost seemed to be more trouble than it was worth. Something about the whole situation didn't sit right with her. It was entirely possible though, that she was letting her bias against Addrick affect her feelings about the situation. At least if worse comes to worst, she had a gigantic wolf that could quite literally bite someone's head off on her side.

Mentions/interactions: @Flame @ERode @Sketching101

ARTURO LEONE

The time spent loitering in the library might have gone on forever, with Arturo anxiously looking around all the while, but it wasn't long before he felt a cold gauntlet grasp him by the shoulder. Maybe it was a gentle touch, but he was too on edge to take it as anything but inevitable manhandling of the rooted-out criminals he believed them to be in the eyes of the state. He wheeled around to face an imposing metal man, eyes wide.

"I knew I saw you!" said the knight, lifting his visor. Arturo dropped his head and squinted into the dark helmet, blinking in relief.

"O-oh!, Mr - well - Sir Plumhart," he said, remembering that face fondly. "I should be so glad!" his tone shifted warmly. He hesitated a moment at the question - what were they doing here? "Believe it or not we're just tourists this time," he joked mildly, clapping Theo gently on the shoulder as if that made it seem more casual.

Arturo was still unable to suppress a jump at the sound of shattering glass. Any close observer would have noticed his expressions subtly wavering between terror and glee throughout the interaction; he hoped none paid such heed.

Two more joined their small group, but he recognized neither. The first woman, Anthea, imparted quite a lot of information in a small amount of time and he thought for a moment he'd have to beg her pardon, except she held in her hands quite an interesting subject...

Arturo drew in a breath and held it for a long moment, eyes darting between Louis and Anthea and the open door to the library beyond them. He exhaled, blinking into as confident a voice as he could muster, "Ah, Ser Plumhart, I wonder if you might know what all this wait is about? It really is odd to have interrupted the lecture in this manner and by now I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering how long we're expected to wait here..." against our wills. His disordered thoughts narrowed on a specific goal.

"I should like to discuss this topic further with Miss Ferreira and her assistant, but it is quite congested here. A smaller office might be more suited," he ventured carefully, hushing his tone as he went along. "I don't suppose you're more informed than the rest of us?" he asked with a well-mannered smile, rhetorically imploring the man to either tell them what was going on or show them to a different room, outside the library - however he interpreted the loose statement.

Revan
It was more than obvious at this point that there had been some bad blood between the guests he'd brought and their host... even if Sasha hadn't told him before, Addrick's sickeningly snide behavior was more than enough to tip him off. It wasn't like he was particularly close with Sasha, Jacques, and co, but seeing them treated in such a manner still irritated him nonetheless. However, he made no comment on it himself for now, letting them respond to him how they wished before he made any comment of his own. It seemed like the room was mostly in agreement on how this would play out, thankfully, and he found himself agreeing with Fa Leng as well.

"I'm just fine with taking on this job. I have as much to gain as anyone by seeing to it that he is rid of here, but unfortunately, my plans do not include staying here in your services. I'm not much of one to be beguiled by riches and status, rather, all I need is a healthy amount of coin for my travels. I have stayed in Montacier for far too long, and I have some business to attend to before I leave. Even if you planned to leave Montacier as well, I doubt our interests would align much further than the removal of the thorn in our collective sides that is Thibault and his damnable blockade. Rest assured that for this task, I'd be just fine with lending my claws.", he responded. Indeed, if he wished to help the group that'd saved him from servitude without forcing them to face his previous master, the matter of Thibault would have to be addressed, unless they wished to sneak out of Montacier by means only available by defeating the boss here. He had no intention of forcing them into that situation, he had only asked for their help before... if he could safely get them out of town without risking their lives against her, then it'd go a long way to paying off his debt to them. Either way, with the money from this job, he could offer some to Fa Leng in exchange for some much needed assistance with his own problems, if it was money alone that motivated him.

Mentioned/Present: @ItariChan , @Polaris North , @ERode , @Elvario
Erica
Meanwhile, Erica found herself browsing books as she waited for the attendees to all be free from the library. She didn't stray too far from the main group as she tried to find herself a book worth reading, but the breaking of something glass nearby put her on alert for a moment. Whatever had broken couldn't be seen from where she stood though, and as she looked in that direction, she saw one of the knights walking down the rows of bookshelves, passing her own, presumably in the direction of the noise that had been made. Seems like it was being attended to, she thought, as she glanced back down at the book she'd found and cracked it open. Another sound brought her to attention again, however, not long after she had began reading. There was a clatter like that of armor, as she heard it bump against the bookshelves a ways down the aisle from her firmly enough to knock a couple loosely-placed books onto the floor. She took a couple steps closer to return the books to their shelves and check out the sound, but as she approached, the slow scrape of metal on metal, and what sounded faintly like liquid dripping or spilling made a chill run up her spine... She found herself stepping away from the sound of the noise, and back towards the group in search of someone better equipped to check things out, and was surprised at how far she really had been from the main body of the attendees... their voices were muffled beyond the walls of books, and it made her heart race all the faster as she picked up the pace in their direction.

Relevant: @Elvario , @Holy R. Enigma , @Polaris North , @Jess Incognito , @Hecatty , @Sketching101

Jacques Lumoise
Interacting with: @Flame @ItariChan @Elvario @ERode

Jacques watched as Addrick approached them, hands still firmly behind his back. His hands clenched into fists in preparation for a fight. However, it would seem that Addrick didn't care about what had happened in the prison anymore as he dismissed everything. Water under the bridge, he claimed. Jacques's form relaxed but kept an eye on the prince as he walked away. He supposed that at this point, they didn't really have a choice but to accept the hand that was dealt to them. It would be easy enough to explain to the rest how the same prince that they had tangled with was going to be their temporary ally. He hadn't graced Addrick with much of a reaction, much less a reply.

Ah, of course. A common enemy.

The others were completely fine in taking the deal. Sasha, on the other hand, had her decision was based on Revan's response. To think that just last week, he had been working under Thibault and now he was actively revolting against him. You never know where life would lead you indeed. He couldn't confidently say he knew what Thibault had under his sleeves - he hadn't worked too closely with him - but he hoped he would be able to lend a hand. "Much like the others, social power means little to me. If I was interested in that, I wouldn't have left in the first place." He already had renown among the community from being both a Templar Knight and a Lumoise. He was no contender of the throne nor a particularly high-ranking noble but he was already living comfortably from where he was. It wasn't a life he was keen on returning to. "I'm just interested in leaving this place, and hopefully not in chains. In any case, I have little problems in aiding with this mission." He shifted on his position, bringing his hand to his chin in thought. "I've fought with Thibault and his crew before. I believe I can give some information regarding them."

If anything, Jacques found more of his usefulness in terms of insider knowledge with the Templars. Addrick may have been a prince himself, but he surely didn't know the same Thibault as he did. Though, certainly no one knew the prince as well as his own proteges did. Thibault may not be the strongest out of all of the contenders for the throne, but his allies were one of the biggest problems when attacking him.

Cansu Arethusa

Cansu's spot underneath the skull on Revan's shoulder was becoming increasingly uncomfortable for two reasons. The first was the obvious physical one, she really wanted to stretch her arms and wings a bit more. The second was the difficulty she experienced trying to stay silent. She knew little about Thibaults and Beaureve's and all their kin, but to her, they were all the same. All the rich bastards were there to bully those weaker, smaller and poorer than them and to enslave everyone they could get their hands on. Sadly enough, being what she was, she wasn't really capable of leading an army against them.

It's why she had to do with silently moping about how easily everyone here was selling away their souls. 'Next thing, he'll ask them to put on a collar and leash, claiming it's only for the duration of the contract, and we'll be back to square one.' Well, from what it was worth, she started getting the vibe that at least Revan was just trying to use one thorn in his side to take out another, so maybe he wasn't as hopeless as she momentarily had feared him to be. This managed to lower her desire to splash everyone in the room enough to hold out in her increasingly uncomfortable position for a little longer.

Last edited:
Montacier, Beaureve Mansion - 22:08
June 15th, 1532
Mentions/Relevant: @Elvario
Interactions: @ItariChan, @Polaris North, @ERode, @Flame
Addrick let out a long, heavy sigh before donning his wide smirk again. "Well, then. Let us enjoy our partnerships for the next few days, eh?" The man downed the wine in the goblet in his hand in one smooth motion before continuing. "I expect you will all be going home far richer than you were when you came here." As if right on cue, the music coming from the party came to a halt. A deep, low voice echoed through the building, muffled and obscured by the walls and doors. "There's our first obstacle, friends," he said. He dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out four large, shiny silver coins, each worth a large sum of money in Enia. "Each of you who is willing to do business, take a piece to commemorate our friendship," he said, placing four of the coins on the table in the center of the room. "And if you do," he said as he flashed four more smaller coins, with a matte gold hue. "I would have you attend to our latest guests."

On Enia, the used currency is called "Toll". It's almost completely exchanged using coins. The coins are enchanted in such a way that they can be recognized as genuine currency very easily upon inspection by merchants, and every coin is marked with a unique "tag", like a magical identifying number. These coins are fabricated by Enia. Paper is only used for things like debts/IOUs.
The coins in ascending value: (I will add more detail later about their size, color, shape, engravings)

1 Toll: A small bronze colored round coin
10 Tolls: A slightly larger bronze colored round coin than 1 Toll (enough money to buy a loaf of bread in cities)
100 Tolls: Bronze colored hexagonal coin
500 Tolls: Slightly larger bronze colored hexagonal coin
1,000 Tolls: Shiny bronze colored square coin (~monthly income for a farmer)
5,000 Tolls: Large shiny bronze colored square coin

10,000 Tolls: A small silver colored round coin
20,000 Tolls: A slightly larger silver colored round coin
50,000 Tolls: silver colored hexagonal coin
100,000 Tolls: Slightly larger silver colored hexagonal coin (yearly tuition for the Royal Academy)
200,000 Tolls: Shiny silver colored square coin
500,000 Tolls: Large shiny silver colored square coin

1,000,000 Tolls (1 bell = 1,000,000 tolls): A small gold colored round coin
2,000,000 Tolls: A slightly larger gold colored round coin
5,000,000 Tolls: gold colored hexagonal coin (enough to buy a medium~large sized house in Montacier)
10,000,000 Tolls: Slightly larger gold colored hexagonal coin
20,000,000 Tolls: glittering gold colored square coin
50,000,000 Tolls: Large glittering gold colored square coin

Montacier, In Front of Beaureve Mansion - 22:08
June 15th, 1532
xcGtuiK.png

Outside the mansion, a sizable force of around twenty armed men and women had gathered. They promptly dispersed most of the crowd enjoying their late evening and celebrating the return of Addrick Beaureve. Half of them marched in, led by a large man in Templar armor, wielding a shield, a longsword, and a spear, with his four arms. It took the musicians a few seconds to stop after they saw the commotion. The party goers were being shoved and threatened to stand by the sides of the room by six other knights in armor. Near the leader were three others: an inquisitor of the church, a woman knight in robes sat along a floating baton, and a strangely clothed and muscular, younger looking woman covered in tattoos from the waist up, with a long tail curling to take up less space. The armored knight stepped forward into the cleared area. "Imposter, step out of your hiding hole!" he yelled. He took a moment to glance around at the party goers before continuing. "In the name of the Church, and Prince Léonard Thibault, you are under arrest for the blasphemous crime of impersonating the noble, late Prince Addrick Beaureve!" With that, the rest of the knights started hurrying the guests outside.

I2SKXHb.png

It was excellent, then, that they were all on the same page. Varying degrees of trust existed between those with varying degrees of tenure, but when they all agreed upon a single job at a time? Certainly, it elucidated intent and devotion clearly. So what, then, that Addrick seemed to have timed this situation perfectly?

Fa Leng was the first to reach out for the coin, tumbling it across his fingers before slipping it into the pockets of his kilts. The denizen closed his eyes briefly, before baring his teeth again. "I wish, truly, that such chance of a confrontation would have been mentioned in the dress code," he lamented, rolling his eyes amicably. "As now, too fanciful and fragile are my fine garbs." With a flick of his wrist, he unpinned his cloak and rolled it up into a tidy bundle, before depositing it upon a chair in the room. He looked to the others, then nodded.

"Suppose I'll be the one to greet our latest guests?"

With that, FaLeng strode out, well-oiled scales glowing in the lantern lights of the estate. Twenty knights greeted his sight from below, including a four-armed brethren armed in every way possible. Truly, that must have been the appropriate dress for such a function. If things got messy, it would be a difficult tempo to dance to. But twenty on one were kind odds still. Much kinder than what he could expect out in the chaotic sprawls of Aepia. And unlike war, this had not devolved immediately into violence.

"Kindred," Fa Leng rumbled, his own four arms spread out in an open gesture, "such accusations are unpleasant during these celebratory times. Have brother and father not accepted the man who you claim to be false? Rather than intrude, tis more…tolerable if you had aired your proofs in private. Unless, of course, you've only the testimony of outsiders guiding your hand."

The denizen sighed, bringing his arms together again. He tilted his head to the side slightly, peering down at the Templars with an eye that burned like a brand. Beneath his skin, his soul began to thrum, causing ripples within the fathomless pool that existed within.

"A dozen of my pities, if that were the case."

Such speech ought to give his colleagues opportunity to steel themselves.

@Flame @Sketching101 @Polaris North @ItariChan @Elvario

The encounter with the young boy had ended fairly well enough and Willow had to hurry back to listen to the lecture she was interested in before they could scour the library for whatever Winona had wanted. Though, Willow didn't expect that the next leg of the lectures were taking them to the library itself - and she had to bite back a bit of disappointment that welled up in her for the waste of time.

As they entered the library, her eyes immediately began to roam - books as far as the eye could see and some students were already inhabiting the library. All this knowledge stuck inside one academy? She wondered if outsiders were allowed within the premises. She couldn't remember. Still, it would be a shame to restrict whoever could access this.

Theo's comment pulled her back from her thoughts followed by Arturo's reassurance as her eyes landed on the templars and the retreating lecturer. "If they were after us, they had plenty of opportunities to do so before this." She commented with an idle shrug though she looked uneasy as well. "We'll just have to be prepared if things go wrong." If anything, she could probably get out of there by flying out with Theo and Arturo in tow - though carrying them is a feat in and of itself. Doing it while trying to dodge templars would make it more difficult.

When she scanned the library again, a familiar blond haired boy caught her attention - hands on a tome and seemed to be waiting for them. Right. She made a deal with the boy. The Templar Knight's kid, Michel. She excused herself to her two companions and headed over to Winona, brushing her hand against the other girl's shoulder to catch her attention.

"Looks like Michel's still here and hasn't been kicked out yet." She mused with amusement in her voice. "Well, I have to continue to fulfill my end of the bargain. He can probably teach us how to navigate through this maze." He mentioned gravity slides. Was that how the students were getting to the books up top?

Michel reluctantly raised his eyes from the pages of the book in his hand to look down at the crowd as the library got considerably louder, much to the librarian's overt contempt. The moment he noticed the two who had helped him get into the library, a wry smile appeared on his lips.

As a sign of good companionship – and a reason to distance herself from the boy that made her uncomfortable – Winona had followed after Willow to whatever she was hurrying towards. That 'whatever' turned out to be a lecture of sorts. Yet, as it wasn't a lecturer of her own House, Winona spent her time flipping through her spell tome. Keeping her mind occupied by trying to find any lingering discrepancies in the writing she'd dutifully jotted down over the years. Incantations she'd recited until her jaw was sore from utter the words. She knew there was no fault to be found in these spells, yet the mindless activity blocked out the non-Nito-approved lecturer's spiel.

Still, the background noise that the lecturer produced interfered with her reading to some extent. Enough to make her wonder if the path she'd chosen was correct. First, there was that boy that made her doubt how she knew the world functioned and now she was potentially getting indoctrinated by this lecture. Trying to find a reason for all these obstacles on her path yielded no results, only headache. That was until her imagination kicked in and provided her with a means to prolong the girl's delusions regarding the world. This was a test! Just like the note leading her to the blacksmith and the letter leading her here!

Call it fate or dumb luck, but her realization came at the conclusion of the lecture. Immediately allowing the young necromancer to erase any doubt about this theory when the lecturer mentioned they'd proceed towards the library next.

Once they reached said destination, Winona couldn't believe the fairytale-like place she'd found herself in. Her eyes dancing around trying to take in all the sights at once. A place this magical had to have secrets! Yet, her primary objective remained books regarding Grandmaster Nito, but if she stumbled across any goodies on the way, well…

Still taking in the sights, Winona's attention was diverted by something brushing her shoulder. Prompting the girl to turn towards it. Still sporting a giddy smile as twinkling emerald eyes landed on her companion. "It's so pretty here!" She announced, loud enough for anyone to hear despite directing the words at Willow. Her mood was dampened but a little when Willow brought up Michel, causing her to immediately look around closer. Eyes narrowing as they landed on the blond-haired boy. "Do you have to ask him? We can just look around ourselves, can't we?" She pleaded as she brought her gaze back to Willow, far from keen on engaging with the boy a second time.

Winona's energy was almost contagious. The library was starstruck inducing and for a moment, she wondered if there was anything like this back in Ithya. Though, her mood fluctuated at the mention of Michel, the sour tone of the earlier interaction still fresh in their minds. Willow wouldn't hesitate to admit that the boy was spoiled but a deal was a deal.

"We can, but I gave him my word. Though, he is already inside the library and the visitors are likely sufficient distractions for him but I'll still check whatever else he needs." The older woman gave Winona a reassuring smile. It wasn't like he would make them do anything absurd. "Besides, I'm sure he's seen us already." She looked up again to see that the blonde boy had, indeed, been gazing at them.

With that, Willow headed over to Michel - eyeing the librarian and moving to block Michel out of the sight of the clockworker. "Having fun there Michel?" She asked, keeping her tone light.

The boy tensed up as Willow called out. He shuffled in his spot, looking left and right dramatically to see if anyone could see him, while sitting out in the open in clear view of almost everyone in the entrance of the library. Once he was confident everyone was ignorant to his presence, he got up and furtively gestured the two to come up. There were no stairs in sight leading directly up to the next level, but there were signs on the walls pointing to "Floor 7" in one direction, and floors -3 through 5 in another direction. The floor 7 signs pointed to the open edge overlooking the atrium several storeys below. "Jump," the boy mouthed, pointing at the dozens of meters high fall.

Despite disagreeing with the notion of honoring the word she gave Michel, Winona knew better than to directly oppose the decision of her elder. For a moment she considered if she could just wait here while Willow went over to chat with the boy, but after being showered with a smile that option was also discarded. Following after the older woman as they approached the blond-haired boy.

Along for the ride, but unwilling to speak on account of childish pettiness, she listened to the words being exchanged. Silently gazing down into the pit in front of them. Under normal circumstances, Winona wouldn't have given it a second thought and would've jumped at command. However, since the person instructing wasn't exceptionally high on her 'friend list' she decided to assess the situation herself.

Stepping closer to the edge, it still very much appeared to be a large pit. Holding her hand out above the pit provided some insight into the situation, however. Feeling a strong current of sorts pushing her hand upwards. Strong enough to carry a person, no doubt. But then where would it go? As she looked upwards her first guess would be that the ceiling was covered in spikes, or fire, or roof snakes, but before her eyes could reach the ceiling they landed on a platform. Very similar in appearance and clearly meant to serve the same purpose as the one they were currently standing on.

Having made up her mind, she still glared up at the blond boy. "If this is a trick, I'm going to haunt you!" She warned before taking a step forward into the pit before them. The current enveloping her not only prevented her from falling but also carried her up to the next level. Hopping off onto the platform and immediately spinning around to look down at Willow. "It's safe!"

Receiving no response but not minding either way, she watched as the boy cautiously, if a little dramatically, checked the surroundings before leading the way. She idly followed, gazing at the signs. It really was an impressive feat of engineering, if she had to say so herself. She stopped at the edge and looked down. She couldn't help but chuckle to herself.

This wouldn't be the first time for the past few days that she's had to jump from a tall height. What is it with heights and herself?

Willow watched as Winona methodically went around to see what was up with the pit. She swore she could hear the gears of her brain move and Willow was about to jump in herself. If anything, if she fell, she could help herself. However, Winona made a snide comment at Michel before stepping off of the platform before being blown upwards by the strong draft of wind and onto the next platform.

Willow gave her a nod before pressing a finger to her lips. The last thing they needed was the librarian breathing down on their necks. With that, she stepped off of the platform and let the wind guide her upwards. Something tingled behind her back, instinct wanting to sprout her wings to gain more control over the situation but she fought it back. If the Templars saw, they would be discovered. Still, it was impressive how similar it felt to flying but she couldn't think too much on it before she reached the platform and landed on it.

"Well that was fun." She grinned at Winona, looking back down to watch Michel. "It was like flying." She continued with a muted laugh.

The boy looked at the two expectantly for a few seconds before speaking in a hushed but excited tone. "How did everyone get past the librarian?" he asked, starry eyed. The sense of superiority in his voice seemed to be gone for now. "Did you sneak them in as well?" He pointed at the group of twenty odd lecture attendees talking amongst themselves.

"It was! This place is so neat!" Winona retorted with glee. Practically bouncing in place from the excitement of having 'found' a place this magical. She had to test the gravity stream more, if only for the fun of it. There was no way she'd leave without satisfying her curiosity. With a loud thud, she dropped her backpack onto the platform. The contents shifted, rustled, and clanged as they were violently being banged into each other from the impact.

Practically shoving half herself into the bag, she eventually produced a sound of paper tearing from within. Pulling out a blank sheet of paper. Satisfied with the dimensions of the sheet, Winona sat herself down on the edge of the platform. Feeling the gravity push against her legs as they attempted to dangle over the edge. As she sat there, she used the flat surface of the platform to meticulously fold the sheet into the shape of a plane.

With the entirety of her being set on making this paper plane fly, Winona failed to hear Michel's sudden change of tone. Or maybe it was simply her unconscious being unwilling to pay attention to the boy. Whichever the case, Winona blatantly interrupted the boy without even the slightest consideration.

"Eh, Ms. Willow?" In an attempt to address her companion she realized she hadn't asked about the proper way to do so. "Is that alright? To call you that, I mean. Eh, but! Look!"

At the conclusion of her sentence, she threw the paper plane into the stream. Expecting it to utilize it like a wind current and fly for miles. Instead, it succumbed to gravity and shot straight upwards. Winona's eyes quickly followed after it as her expression turned from excitement to confusion. That was not the expected outcome. "Eh…"

Willow smiled at Michel, mind gearing on whether making the tale more grandiose than what it really was - a little tour group. Still, she could remember Michel's father being the one to lead them there before leaving. She hummed and gave him a conspiratory wink. "Let's just say we had some help from the inside so we could all get in. They're a pretty good distraction don't you think?"

Her smile widened at Winona's apparent and vibrant excitement. She watched as the younger girl pulled something out from her bag. Willow watched patiently as she continued her experiment. She was curious about what she was up to but decided to keep silent and see how it'll go. As long as she wasn't pulling out a bomb or anything that could ban them from the library - and the Templars finding out about her - then there weren't any problems.

"Just Willow is fine." She reassured the younger girl, the addition of such formality rubbing her the wrong way. In any case, she watched as Winona threw the paper airplane and, instead of going forward, it blasted up. She let out a hum. "The current was probably too strong for it to simply hover." She noted, seeing Winona's confusion. "It was able to lift us up without much difficulty." For it to be that powerful yet so controlled that it doesn't shoot a living being up is still impressive in its own right, but it wasn't in a school of magic that she was knowledgeable about.

"In any case, you were looking for something here in the library?" She reminded her, looking back to the rows of books that dot the area.

As Willow looked at the bookshelves, a distant shattering glass echoed through the library. Henri LaFramboise had already left in a hurry, and one of the two knights by the doors hurried toward the source of the noise. "You're looking for books?"
Collab with: @Polaris North @Sketching101
Mentions: N/A

Montacier, Academy Library - 14:13
June 16th, 1532
Mentions: @Polaris North, @Hecatty, @Flame
Interactions: @Jess Incognito, @Holy R. Enigma, @Elvario

Louis hunched a bit, and leaned on his halberd with both hands. "I… I wish I could, sir. Something happened during Ms. Kristoff's lecture but I really mustn't talk about it," he replied to Arturo, with a timid tone. "But we're under orders to keep everyone sa--yyyyf..." His voice trailed off right as he turned to point at the entrance of the library. He turned back to the four in front of him in a slight panic. "I beg of you sirs and madams. Lord LaFramboise will be back with good news any time now." He flicked the visor of his helmet back down and straightened his back. "I… ought to get back to my post. I'll be sure to find you a nice office to discuss in soon. But for now, please remain here." He hurried back toward the door with heavy, loud steps, frantically looking left and right for the other knight.

Once the knight was out of earshot, Theo relaxed, leaning heavily on one side with one hand on his hip. "Whew. I thought he was..." He made a dismissive gesture with his free hand and dropped the thought. He felt the bandage covering the lower-left of his cheek, lightly scratching at the edges as if to peel it off.

Sasha picked up one of the silver coins, inspecting for only a moment before putting it into her back pocket. She stretched and then bent down to roll up her pants, revealing a ring of throwing knives drawn around her shins. After creating one in her hand, she stood up and grinned, "Well I guess it's time to work."

Sasha followed Fa Leng outside. As the attackers and Fa Leng conversed, she stuck her head around his large body to assess the situation. Assuming Addrick was the only one in his family who could fight (unlikely), it was 9 (she counted Revan and Addrick as 3) vs 20 grunts and 4 important looking people, with the four armed man looking especially important. Not terrible odds. If Addrick chose not to fight and simply sit back and watch the four of them (wouldn't be surprising), it would be 6 vs 24ish which could be problematic.

Not one to lose the initiative, after Fa Leng finished talking, Sasha charged out from behind him, and threw her throwing knife at the closest knight. It slid between his helmet and chest plate but wasn't enough to to kill him. She skirted around the edge of the group of knights back toward Fa Leng, not wanting to be surrounded. Since Sasha specialized in knives, she wasn't as useful against so many armored knights. Her best option here would be to look for an opportunity to go after either mage, the inquisitor, or the strange lady with a tail. Getting through all the knights to get to them first would be difficult though.

Anthea Ferreira

Interactions: Arturo Leone @Jess Incognito | Justine "Red" Ferra @Holy R. Enigma | Theo @Sketching101

As expected of high ranking engineers and scientists, Arturo was a little on the odd side. Her entire speech in attempt to get him hooked into helping her with her drone designs didn't seem to work at first, as he addressed the knight instead. Although Arturo eventually mentioned Anthea to the knight, he sounded as if he was discussing an ongoing side-project of his. While the end-result was desirable, the fact that he didn't even address a single word towards Anthea herself was a bit derogatory. When the knight went on to deny Arturo's request, Anthea figured she'd need to up her game a bit. Maybe she could entice them further with a live demonstration?

It's why she decided to go after the source of the noise she heard. "Well then gentleman, it seems like those plans will have to wait for now. In the meantime, why don't I give you all a live demonstration of another of my creations?" As she said it, she took out her scouting drone and placed down her staff. "Alright, so this little one manages to capture the sound and images surrounding it and sends them back towards the crystal in my staff, which can then display the visuals and play the audio." She was quick to turn the drone on and have it hover, after which she gave it instructions to move in the direction of the noise she heard a while ago and scout out that area while sending live feedback to her staff. "Now, let's see who's been making noise in the library, shall we?"

Revan
Beaureve Mansion
"So it would seem.", he answered to Sasha, a grin forming on his face as he caught his portion of the payment. "Those poor fools won't know what they've walked into.", he chuckled, following behind the two that had went ahead. However, he took another path, running up to the bannister that their contractors had been looking down at them from before, and vaulting it, hair, sash, and tails billowing behind him as he landed in a crouch, and rose to his feet. He looked to the skull on his shoulder for a moment, and spoke shortly in a tone only the fairy hiding inside could hear. "Things are about to get messy... I don't expect you to fight, but if you don't want to get yourself into trouble, you should hide until this is over. We can meet again after.", he explained, and lifted the skull so that she could make her escape. The speech Fa Leng was giving, and Sasha's attack gave plenty of distraction to allow Cansu time to extract herself from the battle. Once she had, he readjusted his shoulder ornament, and walked forward to stand side-to-side with Fa Leng, cracking his knuckles with the same wolfish grin he'd wore when it'd been announced that they had company... He had to admit, regardless of his previous servitude to Morphi, it was situations exactly like this that made him feel the most alive. A good battle was all he needed. Still, the coin was a nice bonus.

"Heheh, they know exactly what they're walkin' into... or at least they think they do. I pity 'em too.", he commented. "I hope your boss didn't send the strongest ones out first, because it'd be a shame for him to be poorly guarded when we come to kick his ass.", He bellowed, the excitement of what lied ahead rushing in his blood. "I guess we'll see soon, huh? The time for talk is over.", he lunged forward with surprising speed for someone of his size, and the tattoos across his body began to glow tellingly as his palms hit the ground, a bright light engulfing him and the area around him as he erupted from it in a flash, taking up a considerable amount of space now that he had unleashed his beast form, this time of a sane mind. He charged one of the smaller ones that seemed to be leading the group of soldiers, out for blood, but his lunge was interrupted by the shield of the large, armored one, rendering his bite ineffective as his snout and head rammed against it, pushing him back somewhat but otherwise causing no harm. 'so much for pickin' off one of the weak-looking ones first... oh well, this one suits me anyway...', he thought to himself, and reared his head back, letting out a bone-chilling howl that echoed throughout the main hall. His eyes turned to lock with the four-armed man's. "Well, let's see what you've got... seeing that you could block me has gotten me excited... I hope you don't disappoint.", he spoke, the voice echoing out from his beast-form despite the fact that he wasn't "talking" as he would in his normal form.

???
Montacier, Academy Library
Further within the rows of books in the library, Anthea's drone makes it's approach to the source of the disturbance she had noticed before, but just as it arrives, set to reveal the source of the disturbance, visual feedback is lost, replaced by pure darkness for a few moments before the feed cuts completely, rendering the drone unresponsive... Someone, or something, had disabled or destroyed the drone, probably making those watching all the more curious as to what or who had done so.

Cansu Arethusa

Interactions: Revan @Flame

The current political landscape was one that Cansu clearly didn't have a grasp on. All she got from it was that one group of bad people hired these people to deal with another group. It felt like Revan had exchanged his collar for some shiny coins, but remained a slave at the end of the day. The bumpy ride towards the place from which she could make her escape wasn't exactly welcomed, as she was quite shaken about by Revan's jumping around. "Right..." She replied to Revan, still a bit shaken about and desperately stretching her wings after having had them uncomfortably folded against her body for way too long. She figured that she could, at the very least, try to get some influence over the situation through utilizing her potential. "For what it's worth, I'm pretty good at healing magic, in case you'll need it after you're done with this." She figured she wouldn't mention the costs, mostly due to the fact that she wasn't even sure what to ask in return yet.

With that all said and done, she flew off towards the roof of the Beaureve Mansion. There were plenty decorations that a Faery like her could hide behind and it was close enough for her to observe whatever was going to happen next. Having settled on a spot up high, after making sure there weren't any birds around, she landed at her destination and got ready to observe the 'show' that was about to start.

Jacques Lumoise
Interacting with: @Flame @ItariChan @Elvario @ERode

Jacques watched as everyone took a piece first before taking his own. He only held it for a moment before putting it inside his cloak. They really were willing to part with a large sum of money for this. He fiddled around with the spare button of his coat, taking it off and rolling in between his fingers as he casually followed behind the others. Was that how they were spinning this tale? That the Addrick that was now inside the mansion was an impostor? Just so they can take him back to the prison after that grand escape? He tossed the coin upward and opened his palm, letting the coin spin in the air, charging up the sequence for his force bullet.

He didn't make himself known first, letting the others take up attention while he observed. He'd rather not get interrupted in the middle of his spell. It came to no surprise that his trusted knights were here. Though, to send four of them... maybe he wasn't underestimating Addrick's capabilities at all. Mateo, Eco, Anya and Olivie. Jacques felt a pang of guilt to turn against people he had fought and studied side by side with. He supposed that was one of the downsides of becoming a turncoat - especially since he wasn't going under the radar.

He supposed he should be thankful to Fa Leng and Revan considering how they practically took the attention of the entire area.

For a moment, he wondered if going toe to toe with Olivie would be doable. He had practically grown with her from the academy until they were older in the Knights. He knew her moves just as much as she did his. Jacques looked down at the button that was now practically a blur. Just a few more and he'd be done as his sights aimed at Mateo.

Justine "Red" Ferra
Interacting With: Anthea Ferreira Elvario, Theo Sketching101, Arturo Leone Jess Incognito
Mentioned:

Justine couldn't help but feel her curiosity a bit more peaked when the guard said something happened at Ms. Kristoff's lecture. It wouldn't be a good idea to pry in what had happened since Ser Laframboise made a threat towards her sister's position in the knights prior. However, with all that out of the way, the knight went back to his previous post in front of the library's door. She couldn't help; there was something more to the whole situation. ' What is exactly going on now. Hopefully, there isn't anything bad happening in the Library.' Justine thought while watching Anthea, Theo, and Arturo. She was trying to stay alert for anything, but the disturbance in the library was the most pressing.

Thankfully, enough Anthea had a good idea about demonstrating a different type of clockwork drone that she made. It was a scout drone with the explanation and orders Anthea gave to investigate the noise. As such, while the drone was flying and giving back its data on Anthea's staff. Oddly enough, Justine was curious about what caused the drone to be disabled or destroyed. She rolled her eyes slightly and sighed and is going to suggest something that she should check first. It feels like a slight bit of an undertaking not to take lightly. " I will check up on your drone, Anthea. I am your assistant and bodyguard after all." Justine said, emphasizing the bodyguard part this time around. It made her want to help out a bit more than what she had done previously with all the writing down of interesting information. Hopefully, it won't be that dangerous of whoever or whatever destroyed or disabled the drone in the back of her mind. Anthea wants to check it out too properly and needs to understand what caused it to be unresponsive in the first place.

Justine decides to follow the exact path of where the drone took to get to where it lost contact at. She kept one of her hands near her weapon for encasing purposes of fighting if needs to have happened. As such, the one thing she took away from her sword weapon training was it's better to be prepared than not. ' Hmm, I think I am pretty close to the noise? Hopefully, I can get some answers to what the hell is going on.' Justine thought to herself with a more combat-ready stance over a relaxed one that she had. She finally arrived at the point, and she wasn't taking it easy; she was rushing in somewhat with her guard up. Hopefully, the answers she seeks will be there; it was a bit eerie, though.

Anthea Ferreira

Interactions: Justine @Holy R. Enigma

Anthea clicked her tongue when her drone lost contact. What was meant as a simple and fun demonstration was turning a little less fun and a little more dangerous. Justine was quick to offer to go check things out, which Anthea was happy to agree to. "Alright, good luck~" and have fun She figured it'd be best to back her assistant and drone-guard up with a healing drone, so she sent the one she'd used for demonstration purposes before to chase and support Justine from a hopefully safe distance to avoid the same fate as it's fellow drone. Sadly enough, she couldn't spy on Justine, now that her one and only scouting drone had been so rudely taken out. That left her alone with the two other gentleman, who she realised had yet to speak a single word directly at her, while she'd been blabbering about drones for more than a little bit. Talk about awkward...

ARTURO LEONE

Arturo nodded in an obligatory fashion at Louis. Despite being denied and despite needing 'to be kept safe' because of some vague threat, he felt somehow comforted by the further certainty that whatever was going on, had maybe possibly less to do with them. He exhaled in brief relief at Theo's half-thought.

He turned now fully to Anthea.

"Certainly, Miss Ferreira," he stepped forward half a pace to get closer to the drone, giving it cursory study before it was activated and hovering before them. Just as soon, it reponded quickly to her direction and sped off into the library. "Quite responsive," he said with a small smile, fixing his still somewhat misshapen and abused glasses on his nose to see the image appearing before them better. He glanced briefly at Anthea before looking back at the image, wondering quietly for what purpose this project was being funded by the Templars. He hadn't much of an impression of Anthea formed, let alone her intent with the project, but thought this drone did not seem nefarious in base nature. It was only the Templars he thought ill of, with their inclination for violence and authoritarianism. Every project he ever worked on, he supposed, was in some way or other, for the purposes of law and order in the eyes of the State, ultimately.

Through the drone's eyes, they zoomed along between the stacks of the library. Suddenly, the image disappeared and the researcher's assistant stepped up to track it down.

Anthea was quick to send a second drone along, seemingly of different build. Doing his best to ignore the general feeling of foreboding at the demonstration's interruption, he turned to the researcher.

"They are quite impressive" he said, despite not having more than a few minutes to go on, and he meant it. The project alone was ambitious; to recreate a clock worker. "Do you find the mechanical parts function efficiently with their magic? Over a long period of time, or even a distance, or…" he started energetically, but trailed off in thought; there were any number of things that could malfunction with magic involved. Familiar gears turned in his mind.

Montacier, Beaureve Mansion Rumble - 22:10
June 15th, 1532
Mentions/Relevant: @Elvario
Interactions: @ItariChan, @Polaris North, @ERode, @Flame

The large four-armed knight Eco grit his teeth under the pressure of the large beast man Revan. "I 'aven't any words for you, heathen," Eco spat out, struggling to keep his feet. At the top of his lungs, he bellowed. "Anya!" Half a second after the word finished leaving his mouth, a small figure briefly appeared between the two, and socked Revan right in the snout, sending him back and leaving Eco room to breathe. In front of Eco stood the young woman with the long tail with a feral grin on her face. Her crimson tattoos seemed to almost glow slightly with each breath she heaved. "Handle the mutt!" Eco barked. "You're not a Creature, are ya?" Anya asked, lowering her upper body, ready to pounce.

Eco took a heavy step forward before springing up into the air. Just as he seemed to slow down, he flew up as though an invisible hand picked him up by the collar and dropped him off at the top of the stairs, about ten meters away from Fa Leng. "Only a fool'd believe those snakes," he hissed as he readjusted his grips on his swords and his shield. On cue, the sorceress swiftly floated up to the opposite side of Fa Leng from Eco. The two of them seemed ready to take on Fa Leng together. "Though to be fair, if anyone could escape unscathed, I'd bet on," she said, but her voice trailed off as her gaze settled past Fa Leng and Eco. "Jacques?!"

Back on the ground, just as Sasha was about to land a death blow on one of them, a spectral vine having broken through the marble floors wrapped itself around Sasha's arm and suddenly pulled it down almost to the crack in the floor. Down where Jacques was aiming, the renowned healer and inquisitor Mateo Mendéz stood a few meters behind Anya, unaware of the magic bullet charging up pointed at him, looking horrified at Sasha attacking his allies' underlings. He glared at the woman. "I'd hoped the only brute I'd have to deal with today would be our dear Anya. But a heretic as well?" he said with the tone of a father disappointed in their child.