Man and Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

ZaBanpaiaNeko

Original poster
(Hello everyone! I am new to this website and am hoping to have some great RP with others around here. If I make a mistake, please let me know, as I am not entirely sure of how everything works around here. This RP is open to anyone who feels like joining in, at any time, but I do hope to have at least one main male character who will be working in the organization that is against Maya's kind, and who will eventually fall in love with her. I suppose the end of this RP would be either when Maya's kind is able to be treated equally and succeed in their endeavor to do so, or if they are wiped out. Please, only post here if you are literate and can reply in multi-paragraph form! I severely dislike when I take time to make such a well thought out RP and the posts in return barely warrant a reply in themselves. Be creative! Add in your own twists!! I would prefer that if you post, you at least put an image of your character one time, thought it is not necessary. Note that people CAN be killed off! Don't be offended if this happens to you, simply make a new character to join in on the RP or move on.)

In later years, technology began to grow. Except, not in the ways you would think. No, there were no floating cars or anything of the sort...But, there was something much better...At least, in some eyes. Robotic humanoids with real feelings! They look just like humans...feel just like humans and speak just like humans.. The only difference was that they had no need for certain human functions, such as eating and so forth. It was a great outbreak in technology that many celebrated. These robots were used for work others did not desire to do; dirty jobs that most would not like to get their hands in...Why? Because despite their human-like appearance, they were stronger, faster and could do these jobs much easier...

However, naturally, many humans would believe this to be an abomination. Robots as humans?! Disgusting! Something against God's grand plans! Many boycotts broke out...Blood baths; destruction of any of these robots they could get their hands on. But it mattered little...For they would be built quicker than they could destroy; the world wanting these new creations more than those that hated it wanted it to be gone.

Eventually, the hate would die down for some time..Only the occasional outburst as the robotic humanoids began to blend in with everyday life; their jobs expanding..Their lives expanding...Yet, despite the fact that they felt and lived as everyone else, they were still not treated as equal. These robotic humanoids were given no rights. If one was killed, they would simply be replaced. An unfair set up, as most of the robots believed...But, to their demise, they would not be listened to...Why would they be? They were 'below' their human counter parts...

But then, one day...A robot would stand up to the abuse against her kind; Maya. A beautifully built robot, made for music editing and so forth; with cat-like speakers for ears which took in sound and allowed her to adjust it and plan out the proper playback. Though, she was tired of being told what to do; what to be. And so, she decided to become what no one would ever dream could happen to one of her kind...A pop-star.

It was a rough beginning; scratching her way to the top. But eventually, she would make it; thousands of others of her kind and humans alike loving her music and style. She would become famous, and would use this fame to begin to try and cause a movement for her kind; to give them the rights they deserved...Once again, this would begin to stir up those which hated her kind...

Despite the many attempts on her life, however, her fame and protection kept her from going under. But then, one day....that would all change...An organization against her kind would kidnap her; trap her deep within a cell...Keeping her there, for now, as they had spent years creating a replica robot just as herself...Except, this robot was fully under their control; no real feelings of it's own. They would use this robot, while she was trapped, to tarnish her reputation, and do the opposite of all she had worked for...Tempting the humans into hating her and her kind once more, and possibly even destroy them all once and for all...Show them that her kind could not be trusted...And then, when they were sure their plan had succeeded, they would kill her too...Just like that...

--------------------------------------------------

A soft chime could be heard in the dim and cold room as Maya began to reboot; soft blue eyes slowly opening as her programs would begin to launch; bringing her back into consciousness. Her once blue eyes would fade into a light green, however, glowing against the darkness as she booted up her night-vision. Now, despite the fact that a normal human wouldn't be able to see in such a dark place, she could make out the objects around her quite clearly.

Maya's eyes would gaze over the room; seeing the large metal door at the opposite end...Chains against each wall, to which one she seemed to be pinned too; the cold metal of shackles around her wrists above her head as she sat against the ground; keeping her against the wall. She had little length in the chains to move her wrists in any direction; feeling the cold sensation of it against her skin...

Her long flowing blonde hair was somewhat matted, perhaps from the struggle against those who had kidnapped her; clothes messy as well. The robotic feline ears atop her head would strain; buzzing slightly as she attempted to pick up any sounds outside of this cement box. But the walls and door were much too thick...She couldn't pick up anything...

She had no heart, but she could feel her chest tighten with fear, and was certain that if she did have one it would be racing within her chest. Where was she?...How had she gotten here?...The last thing Maya could remember was being at a concert...Yes, she was doing one of her songs on stage...When she had finished up, however and went back stage...That was when it had happened...

Somehow, these people had been able to infiltrate through the guards without being noticed; gathering her up and shutting her down temporarily as they replaced her with her replica...No one would be the wiser that she was gone...And she knew it...

"L-let me out of here!" Maya would yell out; her voice shrill with panic, as she could feel hot tears well up at her eyes. Yes, this was another addition to her kind. They were meant to feel as humans did, of course, and so they had to be able to replicate crying when upset or frightened...It was an automatic set up when one of her kind began to feel these emotions; small pumps at their eyes, though not visible, seeping out the liquid for 'tears.' Much thought had been put into her kind...

The tears would begin to seep down her cheeks; dripping silently onto the cement ground below her. It was so silent...So eerily silent...All Maya could hear was the echo of her voice when she had yelled out; her own soft sniffling in the empty and cold room...It was a horrible place...10306767_463410640469573_293424165053811379_n.jpg 10336723_463410680469569_9188494393390938490_n.jpg 10152451_463410660469571_4545162163224065435_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.