FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Looking for partners
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Usually every day, but I often don't like posting every day.
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
Genres
Fantasy, modern fantasy, high fantasy, romance, slice of life, sci-fi, grimdark, light fandoms (next gen, non canon chars, etc)
It's been a while! Hoping to get these back up and running once again!

I like scary things. I also like cute things. Well, our good friend Greenie has the scary covered, so why don't we make things just a little more adorable?

I want you to take this spooky image below, and write something that will make me go "awww" and want to vomit rainbows.

Picture of the Week:
anthony-pilon-sulfur-crypt.jpg

Happy Writing!​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Brown eyes shot open, as she herself instantly sat up in bed. Her eyes scanned her room...and then she heard it again. A death grip on the poor stuffed elephant only grew tighter, it was a miracle he wasn't decapitated.

She yearned to cry so badly, but knew the consequences of waking up her father...so instead she climbed out of bed with her elephant in one arm and strolled over to her older brothers room. The child peeked inside and slowly approached his bed, climbing up beside him.

"Erza....erza..." Tiny soft fingers poked and prodded the young man's face as her tiny voice danced through the air of the room. Only the moonlight from the window peeked in highlighting the sports equipment by his closet. "Erza!" She called only a bit louder than before, as she tried tugging on his arm. She called him in vain for all he did was turn over, trapping her in his arms during the process.

A annoyed breath blew a soft curl out of her face. She began to wiggle and push herself out from beneath his heavy arm. Finally free her chocolate orbs followed the moons glow. Then she got an idea.

The small toddler scrambled off the bed and raced over to her brothers sports gear. She placed her elephant gently on the floor and said, "El...it looks like we have to go into battle alone...but it's ok because at least now we have stuff to help us!" She whispered prior to lifting up her brothers football helmet that was 3x bigger than her own head. She put it on, and then grabbed the boys baseball bat. The girl also waddled over to the boy's desk, grabbed some tape, walked over to his bed, took a couple of his pillows then she taped the pillows to her torso. She glanced over to his mirror only for the helmet to fall down over her eyes. After adjusting it she smiled and nodded, she was ready for war. An annoyed sigh escaped from her lips as the helmet fell again, so she fixed it, grabbed the bat and El (the elephant), and off she went. She peeked down the pitch black corridor and it wasn't long until she heard that noise again.

She jumped a bit, but pushed her fears away to the back of her mind as she carefully wiped away her tears. The girl carefully went downstairs and began searching for the creature that went "bump" in the night.

When she found her way to the kitchen, she saw a shadowy figure, that took off as soon as it heard her gasp. She ran after it, chasing the beast all the way upstairs to the attic. She slowly made her way up the attic stairs and carefully opened the ceiling door.

When she finally made it into the attic she peered over at the beast that beared it's teeth at her and hissed. As she took a step towards it, she saw the creature take a step back. The girl looked at El and smiled. She placed El and the bat down on the floor and slowly approached the beast. It continued to hiss and back away.

"It's ok...I'm not going to hurt you.." She whispered softly as she came closer and closer to it. Slowly the beast became curious as to why the small child never screamed and ran way to her parents. It wondered why she didn't harm it. The girls tiny hand softly grabbed the Beast's finger. "I'm Liona...nice to meet you." She told it. The creature looked down at its hands and awkwardly waved with the one she wasn't holding. The girl's smile grew. "Come on, I'm sleepy and I know you must be too..." She told the creature as a small yawn left her tiny body. She led the beast to the stairs and picked El up along the way, then led it all the way back to her room. She placed El on her bed, and realeased the jungle of curls from the helmet. As the beast simply stood and watched. She pulled off the pillows then climbed into her bed. When she noticed that the beast never came over she scooted over and patted the empty space beside her. "Come on." She invited it. The creature made its way over and sat beside her on the bed that was much too small for it. She sleepily peered up at it and smiled.

"I'm gonna call you...Joey..." a small yawn escaped her lips before she told it, "Night...Night Joey...don't let the bed bugs bite... I love you..." She managed to say before slipping away into another world filled with dreams of the possibilities of the days to come.

Joey peered down at the small girl as she cuddled into its side. A smile formed on its face...at last...it finally had a friend of its own.

(I may edit and fine-tune the story at a later time...but hears what I got. I hope you enjoy my story @Tarieles also thank you for this interesting challenge!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bella pushed the stone cap off the weird looking square in the middle of the dust covered attic. she peered down into the square and was surprised to see that it was far deeper than the floor it sat on. How was that possible? She ran down the stairs and over to where she figured it would come down, but there was nothing there. Hmm. Curiouser and curiouser.

She ran back up the stairs and saw a creature standing by the hole. It had no eyes, but a large mouth with jagged looking teeth lining it. It looked as surprised to see her as she was to see it, and that made her bold. "Hello...did I let you out?"

The creature nodded and lifted a hand.

"Can you talk?"

It shook its head no.

"Oh that's too bad," she said as she moved over and sat down on the edge of the stone square, "have you tried? I mean..maybe if you try you can. I know my voice gets scratchy if I don't talk for a few days. Not that it happens very often, because I like to talk. Still, it does sometimes when I'm sick."

The creature nodded and opened its mouth and all that came out was a lonely sounding moan. He shut his mouth again and shrugged.

"It's ok. That was great. You made a sound. It was kinda sad sounding though. Have been been stuck in there a long time?"

He nodded.

"I'm so sorry. If I had known I would definitely let you out sooner. So mean whoever did that to you." She frowned and wondered who HAD done it and why. "Hey, you wanna play tea party with me?"

He tipped his head oddly.

"Oh...maybe you don't know what a tea party is? That's just horrible! You wait right here! I'll be right back!" She ran down the stairs to her room and gathered up two armfuls of things and ran back up. "Just another minute," she said with a huge smile as she disappeared back down the stairs again. It took her a bit longer to return that time, but she came slowly up the stairs with a tray full of stuff walking slowly so she didn't dump anything.

She set it down on the edge of the square stone and beamed brightly. "THIS is a tea party. She placed a hat on him and handed him a dainty tea cup and saucer. Then she put a hat on her hear and pulled on her gloves. "I would give you some gloves but I don't think your fingers will fit, sorry. I'll have to find a pair for you somewhere. Anyway..." She grabbed the teapot and poured out the 'tea' which was orange juice. "here's your tea. And I made us some sandwiches too. I'm seven now and I can get the peanut butter and jelly all by myself."

Handing him a plate with half a sandwich she sat down on the edge of the stone again. "So DARLING," she said in an exaggerated hopefully grown up sounding voice, "I understand Macy's is having a delightful sale on handbags. Isn't that marvelous?"

"Aaaaah! Sand!" the thing screeched, before digging its long, clawed hands into the box before. "Sand, sand, you got me sand!"

The alchemist squatted near the door, watching the homunculus gleefully pick up handfuls of sand and letting it rung through its clumsy fingers. Every day the alchemist brought in a new box filled with something else for it to try, slowly introducing the being to different sensations. It was a slow process, seeing as there were some things that scared it, like music boxes and anything that made loud noises. He wondered if that was because, for one reason or another, it was largely blind.

But sensations - touch - fabrics: those were its favorites, and sand was at the very top of the list.

"Yes! And this is your box of sand."

"M-mine?" it asked in anticipation, walking around the box to stand right in front of the alchemist, clutching its overlong hands together.

"Exactly. It is something that you can keep all to yourself," the alchemist explained. "Sometimes, if you misbehave, I may take it from you - but that still makes it yours, in that you can have it back when you have apologized. But it is still yours, and you may do with it as you wish, so long as you don't hurt yourself."

The homunculus let loose a low purring noise of contentment, a sort of deep trill of excitement before running over to the box and digging its hands in again and again, grinning up at the alchemist.

"Mine! Mine!"

The alchemist smiled.

"Yes. All yours, chap."