MAINT DAY: The Third Overwatch Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Red Revolver

Original poster
2wno7ra.png

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN.

Iwaku's Third Overwatch Marathon is a mega event for Iwaku's own Overwatch community where players can meet with fellow forum members to play this amazing game and partake in awesome activities during it's duration. Iwaku's first overwatch marathon was a screaming success packed with hours of fun nonsensical gameplay, so hopefully we can get together this time to 1-up that event with fresh new activities!

As the first marathon, this event will take place on Maintenance Day, which is Feburary 18th! Those of you who didn't participate in the last marathon can post their Battle.net IDs on this thread along with your interest in participating in this event. I will add the masterlist of Battle.net IDs with yours in it. Why? This is to facilitate locating you to add you into our games and groups. So, what to expect from this:

Will it be a huge event?

Possibly! If we have a good turnout, that is! Big numbers weren't much of an issue before, so don't fret! In the event that we have more than 12 people, we will cycle in players so that those playing can get a break, and those wishing to play can have a chance~

What will we do?
Aside from the obvious "Play Overwatch" answer, we'll do a wide variety of activities ranging from quickplay, Arcade, Customs, and the spoopy world of Competitive :^)

Also, something new will happen in this event as well....

Iwaku's Third Overwatch Marathon, why the hype?

This marathon is not like the others, trust me. The marathon will be the precursor to Iwaku's first Annual Championship League! That means for those who want to sign up for this future event, this event will be the first in a series of Qualifier Matches for the League. And in summer, those who qualify and prove to be The Best (tm) will be placed into teams and square off with Iwaku's other fine selection of awesome players! The Championships won't be held for another couple of months, so don't stress too much about it. This is all optional, by the way~

Rules

All players are expected to act civil and follow forum rules. So basically: Be nice and awesome like always!

As a sort of "Uncertain Activity", there might be a chance that we will do Custom Server Games if the patch makes it out of the Public Test Region before Saturday. If a majority of participants have the Public Test Region installed on their computers and updated, we will switch to that instead. By Tuesday I'll be able to tell whether or not this will be possible.

Anyway, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! The event starts at 12pm PST to 6PM! Though the schedule may change if something comes up. I will keep everyone updated!

• Love
Reactions: IceQueen
I'm down for the Championship league

• Love
Reactions: Red Revolver
I'm down.

This time we'll have better recordings too, since I fixed my OBS settings.

I'm down for this, I actually have Overwatch on PC now so woop.

Rithas#2659

Mmnnnn...

This is not usually during the time of day I can actually play, but I'm taking the day off work because of a doctor's visit for my six-month-old.

There is a possibility (however slim) that I might be able to join.

rendezvous#11493

• Love
Reactions: Red Revolver
Okay, due to some really unforgiving circumstances, the marathon will be postponed until Saturday afternoon. Possibly til 4pm. Here's why:

The power adapter to my laptop ripped so i have to go out tomorrow to search for one. If i don't find it, snday is my best bet as the one i could order could arrive then. Thanks for understanding.

With the marathon completed, I decided to make a (series of (maybe)) video(s) showcasing our antics. Here's the first:

Status
Not open for further replies.