FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Online Availability
10am - 11pm PT weekends, 8pm - midnight PT weekdays
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, Magical, Medieval, "Gifted," Egg Adoption / Mythical Creature bonding, sci-fi fantasy crosses, Harry Potter
Hi! Would people be interested in a Mafia type game based on the board game Resistance? I'm not sure how well board games translate into RPs, but I felt this board game has a lot of flavor.

The story premise: You are the Resistance and are trying to pull down the Empire. You have five missions to do so successfully, and each mission requires a certain number of people. Unfortunately, there are also Imperial Operatives working against you.

The game mechanics: You get to create character names / personalities, and you can tell me what your preference for role is. However, I will be the one assigning the roles once sign ups close so that all the roles are secret. The Operatives have already infiltrated the ranks, and at the start, look as eligible as anyone else to go on missions.

Every so often (hopefully week), someone will be in charge of choosing the mission. They will propose a mission, and the rest of the Resistance gets to vote the mission through or pass. If successful, the mission proceeds, and those on the mission will determine whether the mission passes or fails. The Resistance is attempting to have three successful missions in five. The Operatives are attempting to fail three missions in five.

Questions? Interest? This game will probably only work with 5+ people, so if there's less interest than that, well, it won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.