Lux Tenebris: The First Act

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corvus soared through the air, the wind buffeting its shadowy wings. Its two other bodies came up behind the Elynian that had apparently soiled itself. The stench of urine filled the air and, instead of deterring the determined Murder, intensified its hunger. The hunger was gnawing at Corvus' insides and this would be the first time it would get the chance to sate this hunger.

The murder hesitated for a few moments, having heard a loud thud not that far away from where it was. It was the kind of noise that only one of the larger Abyss could make. A new plan was formulated in Corvus' mind insantly and if it had had the means to, it would have smiled. The Abyss' presence would simply accelerate its quest for power, and, if it were lucky, would shatter Cajel's hold on the flock.

Corvus continued it's attack on the Elynian. It flapped in front of the Elynian's face, even as the silvery-blue haired creature tried to bat it away. For what was probably the longest moment for the Elynian, pale glowing flesh tried to fight against shadowy wings to no avail. With each flap of Corvus' wings, the light from the Elynian's arms slowly died, eventually leaving them limp by her side.

With only the soft breeze and the creaking of hinges and shutters knocked awry, Corvus pierced first the left and then the right eye of the Elynian with its beak. As the thick blood spurted out from the two holes, it disintegrated into flecks of light that the Tenebra devoured with much delight.

Knowing it was senseless, yet wanting to make sure that the Elynian knew just who was the superior, Corvus said "Did we not say that we would be the last things you see?" in the Elynian's mind just as she sank to the ground, jaws wrenched open by a mindless, animalistic and guttural scream that hung in the air long after it was gone.

As Corvus took off to return to the flock, the only sounds that could be heard were the stirring of the breeze, the hysteric sobbing of the Elynian that was about to become fodder for the flock, and the thunderous footsteps of the monstrous Abyss.

The group of Elynians had erupted into a frenzy of activity when they discovered one of the shadowy invaders feasting off of one of their own. It was a ghastly sight, but they believed that they could overcome it by sheer numbers. It seemed as though the creature would be destroyed, but all of a sudden, a haunting, blood-curdling scream was heard not too far away.

Every head turned in the direction, fear quickly contorting the faces of all that had gathered. If there were many more of the shadow creatures nearby, they knew they would be unable to fend for themselves. Unfortunately for them, their momentary distraction might have presented an opportunity for egress to the distressed Tenebra.

Careless, he must have gotten careless with his concern for what might be happening at the city. Then again animals had a way of sensing things. Jarl'eth could guess from the sound of the growl that it was some kind of canine. He pulled a sharpened piece of stone fastened to a bone handle from his belt, walking more cautiously and glancing toward where he heard the growl. It indeed was some kind of dog, but was no regular dog. He couldn't fight the dog, not right now with all the Tenebra moving about and plus there was more than one of them. Examining the dog closer from the corner of his eye he could see it's body wasn't communicating an aggressive attitude, more like guarding.

Turning his head more, not looking directly at the dog, he continued moving slowly and briefly scanned the area. He looked to where the dogs back was facing, toward a tree with a hollow underneath it similar to his with a penetrating gaze. Although he couldn't see directly into the hollow his better sense told him that something was in there, most likely a Tenebra that could make minions, which would probably mean it was a powerful Tenebra indeed. Not physically itself, but enough in the way to make things to protect it. His brain whirred behind his eyes, he was going to move on more swiftly. Backing away quickly through the foliage, Jarl'eth watched the dogs warily until he could no longer see them then turned around and waded as fast as he could through the foliage. Not taking any chance now, he went to a tree and climbed a couple branches then hopped down and back tracked where he had walked then leaped carefully away from his trail in an effort to lose the Tenebra in case it decided to come after him. He was starting to reconsider investigating what may be happening at the city, wishing for a spyglass so he could see farther without having to get close. But right now he didn't have one or the materials to make one so he would have to go and see for himself.

Jarl'eth peeked up from his temporary hiding spot to make sure that there were no Tenebra near by before stalking out and making his way toward the city again.

Sharv slowly shrunk back as the Elynians closed in around him, a look of grim determination on their faces. He was already beginning to come to terms with his life ending right there, when the most golden of all opportunities arose. A scream, not too far off in the distance, cut through the cold night air. The sound chilled the spines of the Elynian's, who swiveled their heads in the direction of the sudden outburst. It was in this moment that Sharv took his chance to escape. Keeping low to the ground, he weaved his way back and forth, a smokey snake slithering away. By the time the Elynian's realized what was going on, Sharv had already put a good bit of distance between himself and the pack that began to follow. It was only a matter of time before twisting down a few alleyways and he had lost them, his pursuers too afraid to venture too far from where they had set up camp.

Sharv finally made it into safety, at least for the moment. He hadn't ventured too far, as he had to have more of that girl, her light so delectable that he was afraid he was going to become an addict. However, for now he could keep his distance from them, and follow them from afar. Perhaps they would find more like her for him to feed off of. That would just make his day, he mused, his heart slowing down as he calmed himself. Sharv pondered briefly what that scream had been, but dismissed that line of thinking, just grateful that it happened when it did. Sharv looked at the horizon, where the lighthouse of Sol and its surrounding cityscape lay, wondering just what lay in store for him in that glow of light that penetrated even the dark of night.

(Sharv manages to escape, thanks to a lucky diversion, and is currently resting not too far away from the group he had been stalking)

I kept my gaze on the city far off in the distance, the capital of Sol, the only place where light still shown brilliantly at all times, though the sun did a respectable job, at least it did in my clearing anyway. I glanced to the east, and saw the barest hint of light as the sun touched the horizon, though I almost didn't notice it. Night would fortunately not last much longer, but there were just as many threats during the day, with everyone desperate and crazed as they were. I stood, and stepped back behind the trees a bit, to be met by three Shades. "So? what's it look like?" One of them asked, an ethereal form of constantly shifting smoke with red piercing eyes. I was afraid of him, once. "People are flocking to the city. Soon we'll have to move on from our little farm in the woods as people get more and more desperate. For now though...we should keep an eye out here. People will start coming into the woods soon...and they're all yours...As long as they're dangerous." I said, feeling only a slight pang of guilt. After nearly being killed three times, I was long past fed up with taking chances.

I motioned for the three creatures to follow me, the smoke trailing ahead and scouting around. The other two resembled more tangible beings, one was a panther, the other a too large bird, trying desperately to convince me it was a murder. We came closer to the city, and I settled behind a small outcrop of rocks, making sure to give off as little of my light as possible, which the shades helped me do by siphoning off just enough to make me unnoticeable. My entire body tingled from it, but I had gotten use to the sensation. "I wish plants grew faster...but for now...we need to gather more food..." I said, shaking my head as I listened to the scream that echoed from the city. I had grown far too use to their sound.

Issac was hiding on the second floor of his house. He took a quick peek outside his window, barely showing his unnatural hair for his sub-type of the lune. It was a blue instead of the white most Moonbows had. He had a metal pole, broken at the end to a point , to defend himself. He clutched his potions and compounds under his coat. He was down to only 3 left. Those weren't good odds. When he escaped from the his mentor's lab he took some plants that were said to be "edible" from the adjacent lab. Back then he was looking for survivors, before everyone turned on each other and people ate one another. Before this whole planet died.

Turns out it was true, he had been living off of these plants for days, despite the horrible taste. It kept him alive and it kept him from killing another Elynian. He ducked his head back down and resumed his crouching position under the window. He had been doing this for 2 hours now, too afraid to move for fear of the Tenebrae outside will hear him. Eventually they moved out without spotting him. He got up and stealthily head downstairs to check on the last of his plants. He was used to crouching and hiding for even longer periods of time. The plants couldn't keep him sustained for much longer. Sooner or later he'd have to go... "hunt" or forage for food. He looked around nervously for nearby Tenebrae. Being lazy for the entirety of his life, this was the wort wake up call he could receive ever.

It wasn't long before Corvus returned, this time with the entire flock of Murders with it. It hadn't taken much persuasion for Cajel to take its bait and take all the credit for himself. The leader was beginning to get desperate to hold on to whatever fraction of power over the flock he had left. It gave Corvus free reign to look for the Abyss.

Just as expected, it was heading towards the flock, but it was moving slow enough for anyone who wasn't actively looking to find it. Shadowy wings fluttered as the Murders alighted around the Elynian. Her sobs were cut short when she heard their wings. It was pretty obvious that she no longer thought that there was any more hope of escape. She gave out one final, loud, heart-wrenching groan as the Murders closed in.

They pecked her and pierced her skin to get the blood flowing out of her body. Some of them just absorbed it into themselves. Cajel decided to take her head for his own. Whatever part of the Elynian's body was being devoured, it disintegrated into flecks of light that were assimilated by the Tenebrae. Corvus and its two bodies backed away once they heard the telltale boom of the Abyss' feet. The rest of the flock was too busy gorging themselves to notice at all before it was too late.

There was a strangled squawk when one of the Abyss' shadowy tentacles latched on to one of the Murders. The rest of the flock exploded into a flurry of activity as the Murders scrambled to get away. The only thoughts on their mind were that they had to get away and that their leader had led them into an ambush. Whatever authority Cajel had left shattered. In the din that followed the attack, Corvus and its two bodies managed to corner three other Murders.

Corvus burned through their minds and they were soon just husks ready to serve its every thought. The rest of the flock followed Corvus as it flew into the night, away from the Abyss that was in pursuit of the low-fliers. Its dark body washed over the Elynian that was writhing on the pavement and when it passed, nothing remained at all of the Elynian. Nothing but scraps of clothing scattered to the wind. Latifa was no more.

On the horizon, the gray of dawn was beginning to show.

A new day was dawning, but Grant was still unconscious. The group of Ignis Elynians were beginning to be burdened by him, but they refused to let him go. They refused to abandon another of their kin to the shadow-creatures. As they were walking along the overgrown path to Sol, they saw a woman walking towards them.

It was Cerily and one of them decided to show some more compassion. He yelled at the top of his lungs and waved his hands for the woman.

The group of Elynians that had almost killed Sharv waited tensely for the group that had pursued him to return. There were hushed whisperings amongst the stronger ones. The others milled around the girl that had been attacked, trying to calm her and soothe themselves. One thought was common amongst them though and it was "Thank heavens it wasn't me."

The pursuers returned empty-handed. After much heated debate, the group decided that the sooner they got to Sol, the better their chances of surviving. The first rays of sunlight were beginning to rise above the horizon, travel would now be relatively safe. They returned to their positions, with the weaker Elynians in the middle and began the journey towards Sol.

It just so happened that the path they traveled took them right by the house that Isaac was staying in.

It seemed the Tenebra was lost and he didn't have to hurry so much any more. He was close to the city and paused at the tree line before heading toward it, when some Tenebra had moved on by. He sprang out and ran, fleet footed and quiet toward his city and as soon as he was in he jumped up and grabbed ledges and hauled himself up to the stop of a building. It was short compared to some other buildings, but tall enough to where he could observe and not very likely to be spotted himself.

[DASH=gold]
That's when he ran into her.
[/DASH]

[dash=gold]
Off to the side of the roof this new person had just arived in, Nyin would stand close to the edge of it, looking down to the soft looking ground beneath her. She could see the bulding turning darker from the Tenebra heading close to their posision but did not care, for she wasn't there to survive.

What happned to this once beautiful place? Since the arrival of their new family members, as she sees them, life has been nothing but misurable to a "T" and she couldn't handle it. She hadn't noticed the man with purple hair standing behind her, nor did she care at first. All she wanted was to end it all, with one step forward.

Spreading arms out, Nyin turned to face in twards the building's roof and slowly took her left foot out of the edge, opening her eyes once to see the view of the man before her. She stopped for a moment and saw that she wasn't the only one here, that there were other survivers as well. Nearly tripping, she gains a new strive to survive and places her foot back o n the edge, nearly falling from losing her balance.

"
Oh,... H-hello..." her voice was as silent as a whisper, but carried to his ears with the blowing wind.

[dash=gold]nyin_former-apperance.jpg

[/dash]

<tbody>
</tbody>

[/dash]

While she was resting, Cerily had decided to clean herself off. The blood was unsightly. She rubbed at her hands and face furiously, until it felt like she was burned, but at least the blood was gone. There wasn't much she could do about her clothes, but there wasn't that much on them anyways; she usually was a very clean person and mostly managed to avoid spillage. She let another few moments pass before deciding to stand again. In the east, the sun was coming up, almost guaranteeing her safety. She smiled at the sight and started walking back to Ignis. Right now, she just wanted to go home and rest. She hadn't been walking for long when in the distance, there were people. One shouted to her and waved. Her first instinct was to flee; what if they were like her and ate others? But the yelling seemed more friendly than anything, and so she stayed. In fact, she got a little excited. If these people were friendly, they'd be the first she's seen since this whole nightmare started. She couldn't help but want companionship; it was most people's nature. So she found herself waving and yelling back. She even got her tired legs to kick into gear and ran towards them excitedly. Once she reached them, she didn't know what to do. She found herself just greeting them with a slightly awkward, "Hi!" What could she -- should she -- say to them?

Jarl'eth watched the girl quietly, the situation had brought up a very concerning moral debate. In this new environment where cannibalism and monsters are rampant, was he still obligated in preserving life? It was a question that could effect his whole being. Maybe he should let her fall, he could understand how she may be feeling, who was he to keep her in this madness? When she fell he could make use of her body and consume it, perhaps the same thing would happen as last time...But when she turned around and noticed him, his humanity returned to him.

"Hello" he said back to her, his voice thick from not talking much these last few days. Come to think of it he looked pretty rough, torn dirty clothing and that look of steel in his face. He tried softening up so as to appear more friendly, but was still guarded because he didn't know if she would suddenly attack him. He hadn't expected to see anyone up here and was wary of letting his guard down completely but his main task coming up here was to stay out of sight and watch was was happening in the city. Walking over to the ledge, eyes on the girl and body language saying he wasn't coming to kill her. He crouched and peered over the ledge to see what he could see, keeping the girl in his field of vision.".....I'm Jarl'eth" he finally said to her.

[dash=gold]
He seemed Harmless, enough.
[/dash]
[dash=gold]As he walked to her, Nyin kept her eyes on him, not knowing weither or not he was going to attack her like the others have tried to. She could trust him from a distance just as long as he had stayed away from her. But, as he got closer to her, Nyin's legs begin to quiver under he own weight, tightening her self so not to lose balance on the ledge once again and fully fall off like she had intended in the first place. She was going to kill her self if he hadn't came to the roof just now, sparing herself from the pain and suffering for what's inevitably to come. To make her self feel alittle more safe while in his pressence, she steped off her pertch and stood on the roof where she wouldn't fall as easily as she could.

Nyin whispered, "
Je-... Jarl'eth?" looking to him with eyes of ember. It was obvious that she was from Ignis from the colourful way she dressed her self. What wasn't obvious was where this Jarl'eth had came from, atleast to her. She continued, "...I am called...N-y-i-n..." she was slow to pernounce her name, studdering slightly as she let the last "N" pass through her lips. Her body wasn't under her controll anymore, shacking as if cold from a breaze that wasn't there that chilled her spine.

"
Where did... where did you come from?..." she would ask, her hair flickered with the wind, some time's she worried she might of gotten blown out if the brease was too strong.
[/dash]

Issac saw the light come up. This was a general sign of safety. He took this time to peek out the window and see a group of people coming towards his house. He was wary of people, and he suspected that they were some sort of hunting canablism party. He looked back to his supplies and saw the last of his plants that would sustain him. It couldn't sustain him for much longer and he couldn't stay in his house forever, so he put out the plants and slowly crept out of his house and set out away from his house. He wanted to head into the forest and maybe find some plants. Or he could head into sol and try to find people. He decided on the former and started to go into the forest, at least he knew what plants he could eat. He tried to avoid the party heading towards his house and get into the forest by running in between the houses. He eventually made it to the forest with some small leaves that would make for trail food. He ventured into the forest, unkowing what awaits him.

Magnal stayed in the house until the sun rose over the horizon. The Tenebrae had left, many of them far too afraid of the potent sunlight to be caught out in it. His setilum lay resting on a nearby wall, just within quick reach if ever he should need it. Something had to happen soon, the Tenebrae were running out of Elynians to extract screams from and Magnal didn't like it one bit. The influx of Elynians from the other cities he had expected wasn't happening yet.

He trudged through the debris in the house. He could only guess that what he was now treading through was once the living room, but in its current state of disarray, it was truly hard to tell. There were scraps of cloth everywhere, pieces of paper, splintered planks, tattered clothing and broken pottery, even. There were a few splatters of blood here and there, but any Tenebra passing through could absorb it and leave those patches clean.

Something caught Magnal's eye and it was hanging by a single pin on its left side. Part of it was tattered and stained dark, probably blood. It was a calendar. The month was clear and it was the current one. Of the grid of boxes representing the days, one was gilded. It glinted in the light of the sun that streamed through the house. The date of the day was covered by blood, but it was easy to determine that it would be in two days' time.

Magnal felt that the gilded gold box was something important. He just couldn't place a name on it.

The Voids writhed again as a vision came to them. It was a terrible one, filled with carnage. But this time, it was in their favor. To their children, to the minds of each and every Tenebra in Elyne, they said "Make haste to Sol, ye ravenous creatures of the dark! There gorge on flesh and blood and light! In two days' time, a banquet will be yours to take!

None of the Tenebra embarked towards Sol just yet, however. They would bide their time for the night, and then in hordes o'er both land and sky, they would depart for the Radiant city. Anyone in their way would be forced to head for Sol or die.

I took note at the large number of refugees entering the city, and narrowed my eyes. There would be absolutely no way for me to enter the city with the three shades and not cause panic and chaos. I turned to the three shades, and sighed heavily. "I'm going to need all three of you to go back to the clearing. Siphon light from the fires if you must, I will bring back what I can. Go!" I said, and pointed at the forest with my stone hoe. "Be safe, no die." The cloud said, and then sped off with the other two. It was the only one that could talk, and even then, its accent was thick and nearly impossible to decipher, if one did not spend this much time around him. I forced my attention back toward the city, sighed, and moved toward the road. I saw a woman waving to a large group of people, and I quickened my pace to blend in with the rest of them. When no one else spoke, I returned her quiet hello with one of my own, adding "Are you from the city?"

Fajra was horrified. In the middle of her travels across Ignis, several screams broke out. The sounds were loud and sharp against the quiet air. She also noted that the shadows had grown to a much greater size. They were inky and purely dark, and they appeared to be moving her direction. She of course kept on moving at her normal, calm pace. Suddenly, a stabbing pain shot through Fajra's stomach; she doubled over and screamed out into the night, completely alone.

When the pain of hunger didn't leave her, Fajra went to find some sort of extra food. Her rations were already consumed by now, and her stomach was still noisily groaning. There wasn't much to eat or kill since Ignis was a hot, volcanic land. Eventually, she was able to find bark from a half dead tree as well as a few scarce lava crabs. However, the hunger was only partially satiated by the minimal amount of food she could find.

Perhaps...no!

The Nuclear absolutely refused to seek out cannibalism. She'd already tasted the fatty flavor of Enebris meat. The smell was often overwhelming, and the marrow was savory. However, the mental repercussions were a force to be dealt with in and of themselves. To know you ate one of your own was mind shattering, and Fajra swore she would never go down that path again. It was the reason she was out in the middle of nowhere instead of in a nice, cozy home with a family. She was a ticking time bomb.

After almost nine hours of hunting for nourishment, her hunger was quenched which allowed her to think. She needed to call for survivors somehow, but she didn't want to bring in the creatures that started this mess or the others they might have corrupted. In her mind, it was definitely a risk worth taking if it meant survival. She searched through her bag and found her obsidia, an instrument that looked like a large black ram's horn. They were used both as war horns and beautiful music devices; this was a time of war.

With a gulp of hot air, Fajra blew into the horn. It let out a long, low tune that would rattle the bones of even the Enebris of Luna. She held the note for as long as possible and repeated the process three times. Even now, her nerves were winding into coiled springs just waiting to explode. Using a stick, she cracked a hole in the molten rock and a dull red hue covered the sky above. It was time to find a hiding spot and wait for someone...anyone to come out.

Nyin her name was. It was obvious why she would kill herself rather than stick it out any longer. This girl was too vulnerable, too nervous, he was surprised she had survived this long. Weren't people from Ignis supposed to be tough? He turned his head a little to keep her within is sight, timid and meek she may be but just as easily could be deceptive; his hand stayed close to the stone knife in his belt. "I came from the forest but I am of this city. Sol. Now if you could please stay low so we're not given away."

The stirrings of the Tenebra disturbed Jarl'eth and his spine tingled, he knew something was going to happen. He didn't know what or when but he knew something was coming. The blaring note reached Jarl'eths sharp ears and recognized the instrument. Sitting up straighter, he looked around to see if he could detect what direction the sound came from.

[dash=gold]
What was he doing?
[/dash]
[dash=gold]She tilted her head to the side at his statement. Puzzled, she knelt down, sitting on the arch of her feet as she put her hands on her knees as she held her skirt so not to show anything too inappropriate. Her body still shook and was still not under her control. Nyin was completely stressed from what had happened to her, and to the rest of her race and fellow Elyian's. Lowering her head, she felt ashamed to be in his presence. "I'm... Not from here... " she spoke with her whisper of a voice.

"
I came... From Ignis. I don't even know how I got here..." Lifting her head to look view Jarl'eth as he is now, Nyin appears to be lost in her own thought. She turns her head to the side, hearing something off to the distance, and stood. Slowly, she walked towards the edge of the buildings roof once again and leaned over the safety rail, clasping hold of it so not to loose her balance. The breeze that was pushed against her from how the buildings around her were arranged make her hair whip back, the ribbons of flame which was her hair sparked from left to right. She closed her eyes tightly and fell to her knees, coughing up a storm from almost being blown out with the coming rush of wind. After the ordeal was over, her hair became shorter, split ended, and messy. Nyin obviously wasn't expecting what had just happened to her. Her eyes open wide with shock and fear.

"
...The wind here in Sol is much stronger then it was at my home..." muttering under her breath as she tried to catch it.
[/dash]

It was as she feared. Fajra's call was met by the arrival of several Tenebra looking for an easy meal. With only a few wounds, Fajra escaped with her life. At the moment, Sol seemed like one of the safest locations. The light there was still fairly bright, but Fajra had no doubt that the creatures of the encroaching dark also knew that. Now was the time to go. She wasn't too far from the gates of Sol, but there was nothing but open territory ahead of her. Taking the risk, Fajra cloaked herself and ran as hard and as fast as she possibly could until she reached the gates and found a way into the city.

Dear Creator...what's happening? What is this?

Sol, the great city of the sun, was in ruin. Those that were alive were either feeding off of the dead or running with their tails between their legs. Fajra slipped amongst the shadows of the buildings like a snake in a garden. She found an empty building and climbed to its roof so she could see the entire city while still laying low. She grimaced as she heard children crying and the noises of what sounded like a carnivore feeding frenzy.

Taking one last risk as the sun rose up higher, she blew into her obsidia and let a low note ring out three times. It was the universal distress signal that was rarely ever used for its true purpose; the note itself was depressing and morbid sounding as she pulled the instrument away from her lips. Fajra sat on the roof and quietly waited for some response. At the moment, she no longer cared for being alone while others were in deep distress. However, one thing was dancing in her mind.

Temper, temper, temper.

Sharv hid himself, as during the day it was much harder for him to hide and sneak around without being noticed. He was currently hiding in the hollow of a tree that helped mark the transition of city and wilderness. The scene was deceptively quiet, most of the creatures of the night having calmed their feeding. At this time, the Elynians were beginning to move about, feeling safe in the bright light of day. This included the group Sharv had been following. They seemed to have recovered from last night's ordeal, and were even more determined to get to Sol. They moved past the tree Sharv hid within, unaware of his presence. The girl that he hunted, the Halo, was still among them, walking right past the tree. His heart cried out, and for a moment, the urge to attack was strong.

But Sharv had stronger will than that: he would die quickly if he attacked whenever he wanted. No, he had to bide him time, at least until nighttime. It was at this time that a vision seared its way into his mind. It was one of carnage, but yet the emotion associated with it was one of triumph and victory. He soon pieced that the bodies were Elynians, and that several Tenebra were feasting upon their bodies, absorbing light at a breakneck pace. Even Sharv began to hunger at the mere sight, knowing what a treat it would be to eat light whenever one felt like it, without fear of being killed by his own prey. The message that followed told him where to find this feast: In the land of Sol. Sharv wasn't sure how he knew this, but he knew that it was the same place those Elynians were heading. He felt a pang of pity for them: did they not know they were rushing to their doom?

(Sharv hides out during the day, and receives the message to head to Sol. Sorry for the shortness, sick!)

Issac had wandered into the forest and saw several plants that looked like they were edible. He picked some off the ground and could probably sustain him for at least a day...assuming that they're edible. He assumed they were since they looked exactly like the plants back at the lab. He decided that he was not safe in the forest because when night falls it's going to be darker than ever. He decided that Sol was the safest place to hide out and started to sloly venture in the direction of Sol. He knew that a long journey would be ahead of him, but he couldn't let fatigue and laziness be his downfall.

A couple hours later and he had made his way to the outskirts of Sol. The sun had started to set and he knew he had to find a safe place. It should have a basement and probably be free of people. He was very wary of others since they had resorted to canabalism. Sure, he had a metal pole to defend himself but that was about it. He couldn't hold his own against any of the other Elynians. He settled on an abandoned house, who's previous owners were devoured in the intial invasion. He peeked in and saw that it was, indeed, abandoned. He put his entire body in and tried to make himself at home. He closed the door behind him and started to barricade it. Then he had pulled out his plants to examine it to see if it was edible or not. His late mentor had shown him how to do it, but he had only gotten the main idea, details were a bit hazy. Nevertheless, he set to work, trying to block out some dying screams.

Status
Not open for further replies.