1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Science Fiction, Fantasy, Science Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, Historical, Shounen-ai and Shoujo-ai, Psychological, Steampunk and... well, I'm actually up for most kinds of role plays.

undefined-imgur-jpg.220578

Lurking in the Dark

Everyone knows the stories of the things that lurk in the mists at night. Of creatures that are neither fully of this world, or another, but whose existence is trapped somewhere in between. Some are tall, hulking things, with jagged teeth and bulging eyes. Others are small and nimble, with claws in place of fingers, and leathered skin covered in warts. There are as many variations as there are individuals, but there is one thing we all have in common.

They call us monsters.

For centuries our presence among common man had been a well-guarded secret, and to most we were little more than faded legends, told of in cautionary tales to keep children on their best behavior. They feared us, but because they lacked faith in our existence, we were safe. Or at least, that was what we kept telling ourselves. In truth, as the society around us continued to progress and became more technologically advanced, it was only a matter of time before we would eventually be discovered.

Some of us weren't willing to stand idly by and wait for it to happen. They wanted to act; to rise up against our oppressors and defend our right to exist. And so 17 years ago, in the midst of the annual Wintertide celebrations, they struck. Hundreds of lives were lost in the attack, their screams of terror still fresh in my mind as I think back on the event of that day. Blood streaking the snow covered ground, the heat of fire, and the air thick with smoke as my kinsmen wreaked havoc upon their unknowing adversaries.

And yet for all the damage they caused, in the end, humankind still emerged victorious. What they lacked in raw power, they more than made up for in craftiness and numbers. It wasn't long before they turned the table on us -- all of us, regardless of whether we had played a part in the attack or not.

Indeed, from that day on, life for the children of the mist would never again be the same.

You know that crooked old lady walking past your window every day? Or the ugly little man rummaging through the garbage cans outside that one restaurant? Haven't you always felt that there was…something off about them? The way her heavy coat wraps around those strange bulges around her waist? Or how he always makes sure to keep his forehead and ears covered up? Well, as you've probably already figured out by now, they could very well be one of us. We prefer to call ourselves the children of the mist, but humans know us as monsters.

Because we are so widely shunned, much about our physiology remains unknown. However, it is widely accepted that we all have two states of being; domestic and feral. In our domestic form, we will appear as varying degrees of humanoid. Some of us so much that we are nearly (but never completely) indistinguishable from humans, while others can be easily identified. Nevertheless, every monster has a tell; something that marks them as different; a reminder of their true, feral forms. For some, it is oddly colored eyes or pointy ears. For others, patches of scales on their skin, an extra pair of arms or a forked tongue. These are just a couple of examples.

Every night when the sun sets and the mysterious mists come creeping across the land, our feral form takes over. Like with their domestic forms, what exactly we look like varies greatly between individuals. Some take the forms of hulking beasts; others are strangers yet, adopting the attributes of plants, fungi, or insects. A rare few even seem to have feral forms fashioned out of inorganic materials such as stone or metal, but those are not often seen.
Across the city of Gothendale, the monsters have divided themselves into four distinct factions. These are as follows:

Carnival

Born from a philosophy of hiding in plain sight, Carnival actually had its beginnings as a traveling circus and freak show. Under this pretext, they would tour the land, bringing joy and excitement to towns and villages while providing a home for monsters otherwise incapable of blending in with human society. When the faction eventually grew too large for the nomadic lifestyle to be viable, they set up camp on an abandoned amusement park outside the capital. Their objective has always been to create a climate that would allow monsters and humans to peacefully coexist, and they are the only faction that accepts humans into their midst.

After the Bloody Edensday attack, their choice of living so openly marked them as easy targets for the government as well as hate groups carrying anti-monster sentiments. Many of its members were killed, and more yet locked behind government-sanctioned bars. For a while, it truly looked like the faction was about to meet its end. The only reason they didn't was due to the legendary efforts of their leader at the time; Morgan Farrow.

It was under his guidance that a peace treaty between the government and Carnival was finally created, making them the only monster faction legally permitted to exist. As long as they fully cooperate with the government's demands, that is. In lieu of this, they are often looked down on by the other factions.

These days they no longer travel around, but reside at an amusement park at the outskirts of Gothendale.

The Aristocrats

The Aristocrats are one of the absolute oldest factions and has been around for centuries. Their members are notably difficult to identify, as the vast majority of them appear just human enough to blend in. Yet come midnight when the mist settles, and they turn into their true forms just like everyone else. Similarly to Carnival, they believe that a peaceful approach is the only way ahead, but unlike their more open and honest cousins, they aren't naive enough to actually trust mankind. Instead, they prefer a more subtle approach to bring about change, doing their best to blend in, while manipulating the course of history from the shadows.

As the name suggests, most of the Aristocrats members come from the upper echelons of society. This makes them the smallest, yet simultaneously the most influential faction of monsters. Because they're so very secretive not much is publically known about the faction and its members, and yet based on what little actually is known, they have still managed to garner a reputation of being classist, arrogant, and self-serving snobs among the other factions. They claim to have the best interest of monsters in mind but often fail to see the negative impact some of their actions may have on more marginalized members of the community.

They actually tend to look down on all the other factions, viewing The Rats as filthy savages, and Carnival as clowns. That said, their relationship to Carnival is the strongest, and it isn't unusual for monsters who stand out too much to be part of the Aristocrats, to transfer to Carnival. They are also known to have worked together on several occasions.

The Rats

Founded about sixteen years ago, the Rats are by far the youngest and most hostile of the factions. Born from centuries of accumulated frustration and an intense desire to see real change. Based in the sewers, they try to think of ways that will allow them to remove humans from power. Their objective is to take over, their method is fear and bloodshed. They are brutes who have lost far too many to even consider a more peaceful approach, and will always argue for starting a war against humans.

It was the Rats that perpetrated the attack on Bloody Friday, forever changing the course of history for monsters and humans alike. In consequence, the government began to chase down any monsters that were even so much as suspected of supporting the movement, nearly succeeding in shutting it down upon capturing their leader and founder. These days the Rats are but a shadow of their former self, small and scattered, but certainly still there. Needless to say, they've been causing more than just a little trouble for the MIB throughout the years. Except for in recent months, during which they have been suspiciously quiet. So much so that the government has reason to believe they might be planning something…

The Rats despise the Aristocrats for their obvious hypocrisy and look upon Carnival with pity, viewing them both as victims of their circumstances, and as painfully naive for trying so hard to get along with their oppressors.

They have their base of operations in the sewers under the city.

The Watchers

If the Aristocrats are secretive and therefore largely unknown even to the vast majority of even monsters, The Watchers could be considered straight-up mythological. Legend has it that an ancient group of monsters supposedly built a city underground, creating a secret haven for their brethren. If that sounds a bit farfetched, it's probably because it is. No one in recent memory has actually seen the city, and although many have set out to look for it, they either came back empty-handed -- or not at all.

Nevertheless, it is said that in the olden days, the Watchers would oversee the activities of their brethren on the surface and ensure that they didn't expose themselves to the humans. Monster parents would often scare their children into good behavior by telling stories of naughty monsters who were brought into the Watcher's court and punished for their actions.

Since most doubt the Watchers even exist, it is virtually impossible to tell what they think of the other factions, let alone humans. In the stories, they're often described as mysterious peacekeepers, with eyes and ears in every corner of the realm. They will interfere when and where they see fit, but never in ways that could risk exposing them to the world. They are truly an enigma
The Monster Investigation Bureau was founded 17 years ago, in response to the Bloody Edensday attack. Their primary objective is to identify, monitor and apprehend monsters. MIB bases are scattered all across the country, but their headquarters are located in the capital, Gothendale.

Although it is in their interest to detain rather than kill, they will not hesitate to neutralize a potential threat if they believe it to be more trouble than it's worth. Only a select few where the monsters are taken after capture, but there are plenty of rumors floating around the staff. Nebulous mentions of a place called 'the facility' and experimentation are not uncommon.
Q: How will the role play be structured?
A: To start off I want to make clear that this will not be a sandbox. The role play will have a chapter-based structure and have a set finish line that I slowly but surely will be herding you towards. However, that does not mean you will have no influence over what happens. What story beats we hit and how I design the overarching plot will largely depend on the characters you create, and what you want to do with them. So please don't be afraid of telling me your thoughts and ideas! As GM, it is my job to make them happen.

Q: How many characters am I allowed to make?
A:
Multiple characters will be allowed, but please be responsible about it. Don't bite off more than you can chew! I absolutely do not recommend not taking up more than a maximum of three characters, unless you're absolutely certain you can handle it.

Q: How often will I be required to post?
A:
At least once every two weeks. If you have multiple characters, you only need to post the ones that are or are about to be involved with other characters. If you won't be able to meet the deadline, contact me! There will be opportunities for you to have your characters opt-out of a chapter, but I need to know what's going on so that I can plan for it. Inactivity is a disease that spreads among role plays like wildfire – and just so happens to be the most common cause for role play deaths. To prevent this from happening I reserve the right to remove you from the roleplay if your inactivity ends up putting a strain on the flow of the story or the other players. If you don't think you'll be able to post frequently, don't join.

There is no limit on how often you may post.

Q: Should my character have pre-established connections?
A:
Yes! Since this will be a relatively sprawling role play with a large cast spread thin over various factions, I will make it a requirement that each character has some kind of pre-established link to at least one other player's character. It can be a shared past, familial bonds, or plans for the future. The sky's the limit, but there has to be something connecting them to the rest of the story and cast. Preferably also to someone outside their own faction.

If you aren't sure who to connect your character to, talk to me and we'll work something out.

Q: What are your expectations in regards to post length?
A:
This will be a semi-literate to literate role play, so I will expect at least 2 - 3 good-sized paragraphs. However, I'm a strong believer in quality over quantity, and would rather you write a short post that is meaningful and moves things ahead, than long posts that do nothing. That is not to say that you aren't allowed to write long posts, however! All posts are welcome, provided they add something to the role play.

Q: I feel stuck and don't know what to do with my character. What do I do?
A:
Contact me! We can work something out together. Some of the people joining are already going to know each other, other players will be brand new to the group, but I want everyone to feel welcome and included. If you're unsure about how your character fits into everything, please don't hesitate talking to me.

Q: Do monsters have to be based on specific creatures from folklore?
A:
Absolutely not! While you certainly can take inspiration from myths and folklore, monsters can look like pretty much anything. So feel free to get creative!

Q: Can my monster have magical powers, like… shooting balls of fire, or levitating objects with their mind?
A:
No. Any abilities your monster may have must be directly related to their physiology. A snake monster may be able to spit venom, and a spider monster could create spiderwebs, but monsters aren't really magical as such.

Q: How do monsters age?
A:
Monsters do not age like humans. Whenever they are in their feral forms, they momentarily stop aging; physically as well as mentally. This means that a monster that exposes itself to the mists every night will live about twice as long as an ordinary human. How old your character should be very much depends on how many nights they've spent being feral.

Q: How technologically advanced is the setting of the role play?
A:
Think 1930s. In certain areas, it will be slightly more advanced, but modern luxuries such as mobile phones or computers have not yet been invented. Radio and broadsheets are the main way people get their news. If they want to call someone, they have to use the landline. Cars exist and are already in relatively wide use, but trains and ships are preferred when it comes to long-distance travel.

Q: How different from our world is the setting?
A:
The Role Play will be set in a fictional world that in some way resembles our own, but really isn't the same. In other words, certain things that have a distinct connection to specific real-world cultures may not exist (Anime & Manga for example, or brands like Starbucks and Apple), and some may have equivalents in this world, but they exist under a different name.

The general aesthetic I'm going for is a healthy blend of art deco and dieselpunk, with some gothic undercurrents. The world looks and feels old-fashioned, but since this is also science fiction, certain aspects -- especially in terms of technology -- will be more advanced. Think 1930s with sci-fi, fantasy and horror elements.

Q: Can I make a watcher?
A:
Not at the beginning of the role play. There are exceptions though, so if you have an idea and are interested, contact me.

Q: Which faction may I join?
A:
All factions except for the watchers are open to everyone. However, I would like to have a relatively even amount of characters in each faction, so keep that in mind when you create your character.

Q: Can I make a character who's an investigator?
A:
Yes! Absolutely. As of now I will need at least two investigators before we can start the role play, but if you have an idea, I'm definitely open to allowing more.

Q: Can I make a character that's neither part of a faction nor an investigator? Like, say, a scientist?
A:
I don't recommend that you make this your main character, but if you have an idea for what you would like to do with them, I will absolutely consider it.

Q: Will smut be allowed?
A:
Yes, I will allow it. However, in accordance with the site rules, players may only write sexual content with members in their own age group. Furthermore, I request that these scenes are written in collaboration posts so that when they are posted they can be put into a clearly labeled spoiler tab. This way anyone who wants to avoid sexual content can do so, and the rest are equally free to partake in it.
Basics

Full Name:
Nickname(s):
Sexuality:

Appearence

Hair Colour:
Eye Colour:
Height(cm):
Body Type:
Scars:
Tattoos/Piercings:
(Remove if human)Domestic Form:
(Remove if human)Feral Form:

Personality

Positive Traits:
Negative Traits:
Fears:
Motivations:
Brief Personality Description:

Life

(Remove if human)Faction:
Marital Status:
Family:
Other Relationships:
Background:

Abilities

Weapons of Choice:
Powers/Abilities:
Skills of Note:

Misc
Anything else you might want to add!

More information will be added within the next couple of days.

Last edited:

FAELAN SIAN
he/they | 50 years | Aristocrat

Full name:
Faelan Sian
Nickname:
Fae
Sexuality
Bisexual with a preference for men

Hair Colour:
Black
Eye Colour:
Crimson
Height:
176 cm
Body Type:
Lithe
Scars:
A few scratch marks across his back from roughhousing with his daughter while they were both in feral form.
Tattoos/Piercings:
None
Domestic Form:

Fae is of average height for a man, and is rather thin, with some minor muscle mass. They are of a fair complexion, and possess soft facial features. With their habit of shaving daily, they appear especially youthful. Faelan wears his wavy black hair long, partially as a fashion choice, partially to cover their nonhuman ears. His posture and bearing points at his wealthy upbringing. They are graceful in all they do, whether it is walking, talking, sitting, dancing, or fencing. The attire he wears differs based on the occasion he needs it for. At high society events, they have well-tailored trousers, shirts, embroidered vests and/or jackets, cravats, dress shoes, and a ribbon in their hair. For dealings in the human world, they usually wear some form of drab business clothing. Though easily passing as a human, they do have some monstrous details, which are the following: his crimson eyes with no visible pupil, his longer than average canines, sharp nails, frilly ears reminiscent of his monster form, patches of fine scales across his body. However, all of these are either not noticeable or covered up in some way. Pictured above.

Feral Form:

When transformed, Faelan takes on the form of a white-red dragon. He is about as tall and long as a pony, but comparably much slenderer. Also, his neck and tail are significantly longer. Nearly his whole body is covered by fine scales, though his wings are tough and leathery, and he also has patches of fur around his chest and thighs. He has a small serpentine head, full of sharp teeth, and in possession of venom glands. Their tail is easily as long – if not longer – then their whole body, though its last third is very thin. Faelan's hind limbs are rather cat-like, while their front limbs perhaps resemble those of a lizard if only the shape is considered. Their feet have three extended claws, and their paws four. Though small, they can shred through skin and muscle swiftly. The most noticeable in their feral form are the multitude of frills adorning their head, and a pair of humongous wings sprouting from their back. While smaller than many monsters, their form is swift, agile, and fairly light.​
Positive Traits:
Charming | Amiable | Fun-loving
Negative Traits:
Manipulating | Cruel | Mistrustful
Hosting events at their mansion | Operas | Coffee | Expensive things | Finery | Ornamental rugs | Landscape art | Alcohol (wines, whiskeys, and cocktails) | Their monster form | Achieving his goals | Keeping human servants/slaves | Seeing human society disrupted | Elevating monster society​
Dislikes:
Failure | Boredom | Dull people | Rats | Humans | Betrayal | Being tricked, manipulated, and generally falling for another's scheme | Being subordinate to or weaker than humans | The current state of monster society​
Fears:
Death of their family members | Destruction of their family name | Being captured or ruled over by humans​
Motivations:

As an aristocrat, Faelan has always believed in showing monster supremacy subtly, by ruling from the shadows. The Bloody Edensday 17 years ago both enraged and terrified them. Though they despise Rats for what they have brought upon them, they hate humans even more. Which is why they do occasionally (and secretly) finance the Rats, especially if a mutually beneficial agreement can be made. Generally speaking, what they want most is to either make monster society an unknown to humans once again, or failing that, at the very least achieve an agreement that would favour monsters rather than humans. If humans could be made to seek the protection and mercy of monsters, that would be best…​

Faelan's public persona is personable, polite, and refined. He does genuinely enjoy company, but he is quite devious. He enjoys bantering, word games, and sarcasm, though he takes care to show it only either to those who he knows will enjoy that side of him or to those he doesn't care to offend. Though he has goals he will aim to achieve mainly through manipulation, there is an impulsively chaotic side to him that sometimes drives him to act on a whim. So, he tends to get carried away doing things just for the fun of it. He can also be rather cruel and callous, especially towards humans.​

Faction:
Aristocrat
Director of a pharmaceutical company
Marital Status:
Single
Family:

Amaris. Faelan's mother. Holds partial leadership of their family, though deals mainly with administrative tasks. She's 75 years old (47 in human years).
Saelihn. Faelan's younger sister. Allied herself with the Rats while seeking vengeance, and was captured by humans. She's 46 years old (29 in human years).
Seren. Faelan's child. She's 10 years old (7 in human years).​
Other Relationships:

Laurel. Considers him a political rival, but is disgusted by his weakness in regards to humans.
Claire. Ally.​
Background:

Faelan was born to a well-off, somewhat prominent family of Aristocrats who have owed (whether partially or fully) and had dealings with a variety of human businesses over the years. As was tradition, he was exposed very little to the mists until he was fully grown, as he was sent to human school and had human tutors, where it would be suspicious if he aged too slowly. Afterwards, when it wouldn't be noticed as much, he transformed more and more often, so as to acquire a lengthened life-span, and begun attending university. Afterwards, he travelled for a bit. Upon returning home, he begun assisting his father in business, and gradually took on more and more duties, as befitted of the heir of the family.
Then came the Bloody Evensday when he was 33 years of age. Soon after, his father was killed in one of the subsequent attacks at the hands of a human. His mother retreated into solitude for more than a year, while Faelan took the mantle as the Lord of the family. Saelihn grew bitter, resentful, and reckless, and in her desire for vengeance allied herself with the Rats, desiring direct action. She was captured just when Amaris had begun making appearances once again. Though stricken, this time, Faelan's mother was determined to get her child back, and offered Faelan her cooperation. If Faelan was still the public face of his family, his mother started working behind the scenes, assisting him in spreading their family's influence and supporting his various plots.
Having lost two family members to the humans already, Faelan was driven to his own kind of retribution. He began having the occasional human kidnapped – taking care that those taken were those who wouldn't be missed, and that the trail of disappearances was scattered and scarce enough not to raise alarm – and captured. The later was done via cooperating with Rats; while rare, they were able to arrange several exchanges of money offered for human captives. One of Faelan's standing offers for the Rats is to free his sister, and the monetary prize promised for securing her is quite worthwhile.​

Weapons of Choice:
Single handed sword, dagger, revolver, venom.
Powers/Abilities:

In their monster form, Fae has protective scales, is capable of flight, can use his claws or teeth to rip opponents open, his tail to squeeze them to death, and his venom to incapacitate them. In fact, their venom is an addictive substance which in small and/or diluted quantities induces slight pleasure and confusion in its victims, while in a larger dose leads to a completely comatose, pleasure filled, out-of-body experience. As they retain their venom glands in human form as well, they can use their venom whenever.​
Skills of Note:
Management | Financial acumen | Investing | Persuasion | Deception | Blackmail | Politicking | Driving | Horse riding | Swordsmanship​

Last edited:
merritt "lux" albus lomaseul
HAIR COLOUR:

White-Blond

EYE COLOUR:

Amber Brown

HEIGHT:

5'11"

BODY TYPE:

Slender | Long-Legged

SCARS:

A faint but noticeable scar extending from the middle of his forehead and cutting across his right eye and cheek.

TATTOOS/PIERCINGS:

Hip Piercings

DOMESTIC FORM:

He looks entirely human most of the time. However, when in dark spaces, he glows a faint yellowish-green all over his body, depending on how much light he has recently been exposed to. If he's been exposed to a lot of light, especially within the past few hours, he will glow much brighter. His hair and nails glow especially bright compared to the rest of his body.

FERAL FORM:

In simplest words, he becomes a honey fungi mushroom dragon. He's about the size of a car lengthwise, and his limbs are very spindly. While he might appear to be made out of mushrooms, his skin is armored with a stone-like solidity. His skin is various shades of white, brown, and pale yellows mimicking the colors of honey fungus, and the mushroom shapes extending from him are, of course, shaped like honey fungi. Like actual honey fungi, he glows in the dark depending on light levels. He has dark-colored talons on all four limbs.

For a rough estimate of what he looks like, click here and combine with this.

POSITIVE TRAITS:

Quiet | Hardworking | Honest | Polite | Astute | Dignified | Clever | Withdrawn | Independent | Cool-Headed | Private | Responsible | Tidy | Empathetic | Cooperative | Merciful | Well-Mannered

NEGATIVE TRAITS:

Emotionally Unavailable | Non-Confrontational(-ish) | Anxious | Self-Critical | Antisocial(-ish) | Addictive Personality | Pessimist | Impatient

Brownies with Whipped Cream | The Scent of Coffee | Mint | Writing | Subtle Piercings | Mysteries | Smooth Fabrics, e.g., Silk | Thriller Novels | Some Horror Novels | Feeling Productive | Non-Solar Warmth (Fireplaces, Blankets, etc.) | Magnolia Blossoms | String Instruments | Fresh-Baked Bread | Fashion | The Smell of Disinfectant | Physical Entertainers (Acrobats, Fire-Eaters, Contortionists, etc.) | The Sound of Typewriter Keys | Rain | Theatre | Soda | The Indoors | Trains | Astronomy | Patterned Socks | People-Watching | Chess | Fancy Baths | Silence

DISLIKES:

Large Social Gatherings | Pickles | His Panic Attacks | His Flashbacks | Strong Perfume/Cologne | Cigarettes | Nepotism | Wastefulness | The Smell of the Sea | Idle Chatter | Clowns | The Sun | Being Out at Night | His Glowing | Elitism | General Arrogance | Pressure | The Smell of Lavender | Leather | Strenuous Activity | Violence | Himself | PDA | Politics | Loud Noises | Blue Cheese | The Aristocrats | The Rats | Naps | His Old Family | Mess

FEARS:

His Family Finding Him | Being Controlled | Being Outed | Failure | Rejection | Being Alone | Letting People In | Another War | Becoming Dependent

MOTIVATIONS:

For all intents and purposes, Lux is just trying to live a private and nondescript life away from his birth family. While he's certainly not a fan of the humans, he's also disgusted by the violence of the Rats and the manipulation of the Aristocrats. He would much rather live in harmony with the humans, even if he knows that's likely a pipe dream. Although he wants it, his childhood has left him repulsed by violence and politics, so he stays away from most of the conflict in favor of just living the normal life of a human as best as he is able.

BRIEF PERSONALITY DESCRIPTION:

"Silence is only frightening to people who are compulsively verbalizing."

It's probable that, upon first meeting, people assume that Lux is either full of himself or stupid. In truth, he's just a bit socially awkward, much preferring to keep to himself and being within his own head. He despises pointless small talk and usually doesn't speak unless spoken to. This is partially due to his traumatic childhood, where the message of "be seen, not heard" was prevalent. However, if you get into a lengthy conversation with him, you might realize that he's quite an observant person with a quick wit and a quicker tongue. Despite living with the Carnival, it's obvious by the way that he carries himself that he's originally from a more upper-class family, his back pin-straight and his manners beaten into him. Although he prefers to keep to himself, he has a bit of a bleeding heart and is always one of the first people to lend a helping hand when he can.

Tailor

FAMILY:

Aurelia Lomaseul:
- Birth Mother (Estranged)
Ephraim Lomaseul:
- Birth Father (Estranged)
Magnus Lomaseul:
- Older Brother (Estranged)
Odessa Lomaseul:
- Younger Sister (Estranged)
Cassia Blanchard:
- Adopted Mother (Fond)
Mikaele Blanchard:
- Adopted Father (Dead)

OTHER RELATIONSHIPS:

Wasp
- Childhood Friend
Henry
- Childhood Friend
Casimeer
- Childhood Friend

BACKGROUND:

Originally born Merritt Lomaseul, he was the middle child of wealthy Aristocrat bank owners. He's the only one in his family that glows and is thus the one who has the most difficulty hiding his monster status. This led to inherent discrimination from his family, who largely shunned him. He was constantly in his "talented" older brother's shadow and never as cherished as his "adorable" younger sister, and it felt like the only time he really got attention was when he did something wrong. He was an anxious child, and this led him to be pretty clumsy and forgetful in his youth, which his parents detested. He was also too empathetic and honorable for their taste, finding the corrupt deals and web-weaving of the Aristocrats morally reprehensible. The punishments for the poor behavior got continuously more severe with time, turning away from discipline and more toward an outlet his parents could use to take out their stress.

At age twelve, he found himself in the wrong part of town and was victimized by some neighborhood thugs. When cornered in a darkened alleyway, he began to glow, which was strange enough to scare his attackers off. He ran home and promptly explained to his parents what had happened, but rather than come to his aid, he was beaten for being "so reckless" and "exposing the family." In his rage, his father shattered a nearby vase and an errant shard cut a long gash across Merritt's face. Merritt was promptly sent to his room while his family discussed what they were going to do with him after what had happened.

In a moment of courage and spite, he took away their chance at the decision and escaped through his bedroom window and fled into the night. With some help from some friends, he wound up at the Carnival where he had heard there was a tentative peace between monsters and humans. He was taken in by the Blanchard family, two middle-aged clothesmakers who'd never been able to conceive a child of their own, under the name of Lux Blanchard, and was promptly trained in the art of clothesmaking and tailoring.

The joy from his new home only lasted for a few short months, however, before the Bloody Edensday attack. During the ensuing attacks from anti-monster hate groups, Lux and his mother could only watch in horror from a safety cabinet as his father was murdered for trying to protect their most valuable goods from being stolen. When they had the opportunity, they ran to safety and ultimately managed to outlast the attacks until the peace treaty was struck, whereupon they went back to living as normal a life as they could manage.

WEAPONS OF CHOICE:

His Hands | A Pistol

POWERS/ABILITIES:

When in monster form, he can use his talons and teeth to rip people apart. His tail is prehensile, his wings are capable of flight, and his body is capable of bioluminescence. While it's not of much use to him normally, he is poisonous.

SKILLS OF NOTE:

Sewing | Very Quick with His Hands | Fencing | Playing the Violin | Formal Dancing | Budgeting

MISC:

- He wanted to be a writer growing up and still writes in his free time.
- When he writes, he usually goes somewhere public for inspiration.
- He wears reading glasses.
- If he has a pen in his hand, he's clicking it over and over or chewing on the cap.
- Addicted to soda.
- He may or may not use his glowing as a nightlight.
- Sleep? Who's she? Never heard of her.
- He misses a lot of the luxuries of his old life but much prefers the freedom of his current on.
- Despite enjoying fashion and having a keen eye, he's not particularly interested in dressing up himself, usually preferring more basic styles.
- It's almost a guarantee that he'll be wearing some sort of patterned sock, even if it doesn't match his outfit. His favorite is argyle.
- Actually surprisingly decent at singing?
Code by Jenamos

Last edited:
Full Name:
Henry Edward Eulenstein.

Nickname(s):
Ed, Owl, Owlet.

Sexuality:
Not quite sure himself.
Doesn't really care about gender in general.

Hair Colour:
Black.

Eye Colour:
Green.

Height:
167 cm

Body Type:
Slightly chubby around the hip, but not out of shape. Has wide shoulders, arms and legs in particular are well muscled.

Scars:
Missing part of his upper left ear due to an accident.
Large puncture scar in his lower abdomen from a hunt where he was attacked by an animal.

Tattoos/Piercings:
He has a small solid black tattoo of a key with a crown on the inside of his right wrist.

Domestic Form:
In his domestic form, Henry looks like a relatively short male with fair skin, chin-length, curly black hair and green eyes, that seem a little golden in the right light. He is in very good physical condition and it is relatively easy to see he enjoys sports. He has a habit of wearing a scowl on his face almost all the time, giving him a rather dour appearance, he does not notice when he does this.

His monster side manifests in his domestic form in the way that his body builds small patches of rock over his skin, particularly in the area of his torso, shoulders and upper arms. These rocks are typically between two and five millimetres thick and can cover an area of anywhere between 10 and 80 millimetres each. Luckily for Henry, similar to common scabs, the stone plates can safely be picked off his skin after about three or four days, then within the next two or three days, new plates of stone will start to form. Furthermore, his eyesight is particularly strong in low-light conditions. Henry has developed something akin to the tapetum lucidum, a reflective layer of tissue behind the retina which reflects visible light, allowing for better nocturnal vision and creating the appearance of eyeshine.

Feral Form:
His feral form takes the shape of an owl with large curved horns. Without the horns the owl form itself is almost two meters tall when standing straight, the horns are also almost a meter in length. His owl body is also covered in thick, strangely moss-covered stone plating, which is about thirty centimetres thick. Despite this additional weight, Henry is somehow still capable of achieving flight. The eyes of his owl form are entirely white, slightly luminescent and exude a faint amount of mist themselves. However, outside of their extraordinary appearance, his eyes function much like that of a regular owl.

shriek_by_shesterrni_ddudvgx-fullview.jpg
Positive Traits:
Henry is a very dedicated person, he can completely imerse himself in tasks that are put before him, making him very efficient and reliable. He also values the few friends he has very highly and is incredibly devoted to them, he will help them where he can or keep there secrets until the end of time.

Negative Traits:
Henry's dedication can sometimes bleed over into obsession and can occasionally make him oblivious to his surroundings. While he would call himself a pragmatic, in reality he is very pessimitic with most things which has often hindered him in the past.

Henry greatly enjoys sports, even if his outward appearance would not initially sugget so. He is a very good swimmer and hunter, which he is somewhat proud of. He enjoys cooking a lot, though he often does not find the time to do it, but he does occasionally bake for his students especially to bring them a treat just after a well done and/or stressful exam.

Dislikes:
Being a bit of a perfectionist, Henry usually dislikes group tasks, he is a firm believer in the saying "If you want something done right, do it yourself.". He has a particular dislike for know-it-alls and, if he isn't in a good mood, will go out of his way to make them look dumb if he can.

Fears:
Though Henry cannot explain it to himself, he is incredibly afraid of foxes, while he will typically flee or freeze in his domestic form, if he would encounter one in his feral form he would most likely try to kill it as fast as possible.

Henry largest fear, however, is humanity or rather, what humanity is capable of doing when they feel threatened. Henry sees humans as absolute predators, and lives in constant fear at being found out as a monster. He even believes that his own goal of creating a monster friendly environment by shaping young people's minds to be more open toward monsters is futile.

Motivations:
Henry motivation for being part of the Aristocrat's council and working to instill a pro-monster mindset in the youth of the nation is his constant is his fear of humanity's brutality. Though this same motivator is often his greatest demotivator as well, as he sometimes believes that all his efforts are in vain.

"Everything that exists has a specific nature. Each entity exists as something in particular and has characteristics that are part of what it is. A is A."

Henry Eulenstein is a determined and dependable man. He values loyalty highly and as such, is happy to provide loyalty to his friends. He gladly provides help to people he knows when it is required and is rarely one to say no when asked for assistance. He wants to be a pillar others can lean on when they require it, in hopes that this example would cause them to act similarly toward the people important to them.

However, getting into Henry's circle of trusted individuals is somewhat challenging. He is rather paranoid, always afraid for his life and always aware of the threat of humanity. He firmly believes humanity has spies among the monsters and is a little slow to trust others fully because of this.

His opinion of humanity is somewhat paradoxical. He believes that they are absolute creatures and predators, creation perfected. In his mind, peaceful co-existence with humans is the only way that his species, or any other species for that matter, can continue to exist in this world. However, he also thinks that peaceful co-existence with humanity may be an impossibility. Not because some supernatural force wills that human and monster kind despises each other, but because humans, being the predators that they are, at least subconsciously are always on guard and ready to exterminate any threat that may arise against them. He sees humans as volatile and unpredictable, continuously expecting an attack from them.
Faction:
The Aristocrats

Teacher, Philosophy and History
Member of the Aristocrats' Council
Museum curator (Formerly)

Marital Status:
Single

Family:
Arnold. Henry's father. Arnold had severe substance abuse issues, despite this he valued his child above everything and Henry loved him dearly as well. He and Henry's mother divorced when Henry was 9-years old and died of heart failure when Henry was 17-years old.
Elfriede. Henry's mother. She and Henry's father divorced when Henry was 9-years old. After the death of Henry's father she continued to talk badly of him, this drove a wedge between her and her son. Henry has not spoken with her since his father's death.

Other Relationships:
Lux - Childhood friend
Wasp - Childhood friend

Background:
Henry was born into a relatively well off household. His father was a very well known jeweller, providing Henry with a lot of money growing up. He did exceptionally well in school, breezing through it at staggering speed and being moved up in classes twice. Once they were able to, his parents sent him off to a prestigious academy in another country. There he began specialising in philosophy and history, he initially attempted to study both acting and music instead, however quickly dropped the former and while he continued studying the latter he did so with it taking a back seat to his history and philosophy studies.

Following his time at the academy, an acquaintance of his that he had made during his time there managed to get him a spot as a curator in a well-known museum located near Gothendale. During his years at this museum, he frequently took part in expeditions to foreign countries as an expert, consultant and just general helping hand during archaeological digs and the like. On one of these expeditions, a nasty fall caused Henry to sustain an injury that would prevent him from going on further expeditions for a few years. He took this event as a chance for a change of pace and, through some more contacts he had made both during his time as a curator, but mainly from his academy days, he managed to get himself a teaching position at a prestigious academy in Gothendale. There he has been teaching philosophy and history for about eight years now.
Weapons of Choice:
Due to one of his favourite past times being hunting, Henry is quite comfortable with hunting rifles.

Powers/Abilities (Domestic Form):
Due to developing something akin to the tapetum lucidum, an internal reflectory system in the eye, Henry can see exceptionally well in the dark. Though, this also creates the appearance of eye shine. Additionally, the plates of stone around his body can proved protection, like an armoured vest.

Powers/Abilities (Feral Form):
His capabilities in his feral form are essentially those of a regular owl. He is capable of turning his head about 270 degrees to either side, has incredibly sharp talons and a vicious sharp, hooked beak which can each tear through most tissue without issue. Henry's flight, despite stone plating, is somehow still silent and is nearly impossible to hear, even if he were flying right over one's head. Additionally to having incredible dark vision, Henry's feral form also has the amazing hearing an owl would have. He can pick up on the finest sounds even from far away and can also pinpoint the location from where the sound originated. Due to the heavy, thick stone plating on his body, Henry also has a significant amount of natural armour.

Skills of Note:
Henry has an incredibly good memory, not quite eidetic but close.
Due to his hunting hobby, he is decently good at tracking and through hunting and his expeditions has gotten very skilled at moving through rough terrains, climbing and the like.
Henry is a great cook and baker, one of the very few skills he will admit to having picked up from his mother.

Miscellaneous:
Henry owns two pet owls named Archie and Merlin.
From his time spent studying music he can play a whole host of instruments, his favourites are piano, violin and cello. He is also a pretty good singer.
Henry often starts whilstling without ever noticing.
When he is stressed Henry will often bite his fingernails.

BASICS

Full Name: Zeyad Gwyn Nevitt

Nickname(s): Zey

Age: Twelve years old, in both appearance (mostly) and actual biological age

Gender: Male (AMAB), with he/him/his pronouns, though he doesn't really notice or mind if he's addressed with other pronouns

Sexuality: Undecided—life's pretty hectic for him right now, and he doesn't really feel worthy of any romantic love at the moment, either, so he hasn't thought much about this kind of thing. He doesn't give much thought to gender in general, though.

APPEARANCE

Hair Colour: Pitch black, so dark that light seems to disappear in it.

Eye Colour: Black—not dark brown, but black, like squid ink billowing into the ocean.

Height: ~145 cm, give or take

Body Type: Slim and lithe, but athletic and deceptively strong beneath the layers of childhood softness; rectangular, save for the slightly-flaring line of his shoulders.

Scars: A long, jagged line slices up the back of his left leg, from ankle to knee, and that's about it. Most of his other injuries recover without a wildly noticeable mark.

Tattoos/Piercings: None so far

Domestic Form: Zey appears to be a short boy with a head full of tightly-wound, dark curls that oftentimes fall into his eyes if he doesn't have anything to pin or push them back with. He has tan skin, colored a light brown with ashen undertones that make him look gray under certain (poor) lighting, as well as a faint, sporadic speckling of freckles across his face, arms, and legs. His eyes are rather large, flanked by short lashes and a strange, streaking black smudge across that horizontal eye-line of his face that he never seems to be able to wipe off. Furthermore, he usually smears bright face paint around that area, as well, leaving a large streak of color across his eyes to look more Carnival-appropriate in lieu of the dreary black (even if there's not a lot of people around to see him, it's still important to look nice!). His squishy cheeks and cute face seem to bely the two rows of big, razor-sharp teeth in his mouth, as well as the inane amount of strength and dexterity packed into such a small form. In fact, upon close inspection, much of his body may be considered "mismatched"—he has a stout pair of legs, but a rather lean and limber upper body; his cheeks are well-filled and pinchable, but the cut of his jaw is decidedly sharp; his big eyes are like two cute buttons, but such a dark and absolute black has never been seen before in a human. Overall: a rather normal boy until you look closer.

Feral Form: His "mismatched" body is a bit more clear in his feral form—he's a rather underwhelming size for a fearsome "monster", only about two feet tall standing flat on all six legs, but can greatly increase his height if balancing on his back legs. Was it mentioned that he has six legs? He has six legs: his forelegs are that of a lion's, the middle two are that of a leopard's, and the back two are weirdly disproportionate (yet still strong and quick) hippopotamus legs. Each section of torso is similarly spread so, with the front part holding a fluffy display of lion fur and even a mane that clings onto his crocodile-like head, the middle part patterned like a leopard's fur, and the hindquarters smooth and tough with a small hippo's tail in the back. Inside his maw is, once again, that double-set of teeth, with a large dog's tongue rather than a crocodile's, though a sticky mucus at the roof of his mouth can occasionally be used to stick it inside when snapping his jaws shut. His entire body—save for the whites of his eyes, which are... white—is made up of varying shades of gray, ranging from as black as the night to the color of storm clouds, without a speck of color to be seen. Because of this, he has pretty good camouflage at night, and shadows almost tend to stick and mold to him when he moves, giving a strange streaky optical effect to his form. Since he tries to avoid contact with the Mist, however, and contact with others in general, this form of his isn't seen much.

PERSONALITY

Positive Traits:
  • Loyal: If you manage to get on his good side—which is, in all honesty, one of the easiest things in the world—you'll find that he'll go to the ends of the Earth to make sure that you're happy and safe. This might mean staying away from you and leaving you gifts with a little note that has a smiley face on it instead of interacting with you more, but that's what's best for the people around him, right?
  • Outwardly Cheery: Zey almost always has a big smile on his face—come one, come all, and all that. He tries his best to keep up a happy atmosphere when he can, and his bright disposition tends to make other people smile, too! He's definitely someone that likes to bring other's joy, and he's pretty good at it, to boot.
  • Open-Minded: Even if you share drastically different ideals and thought processes, Zey will always treat you with respect and kindness—unless you hurt others, but that's really the only exception. He just wants the world to be a better place, and believes that being nice to everyone is a step in the right direction.
Negative Traits:
  • Physically Closed-Off: Weirdly enough, as happy-go-lucky as he presents himself, he's actually the kind of person that tries not to let people get close. Sure, they can be friendly—in fact, that's the general relationship that he'll prefer—but close to the point where they talk very frequently in-person and give each other hugs and all that? That's just a dream for him, sorry. He can't let that happen, as much as he'd love to. He's content with staying on the outskirts and peering in through the gaps if it means the best for everyone's safety.
  • Pacifistic: To an unsafe level. If Zey's being held hostage, or getting a knife or a gun pointed at him... well, he's certainly not fighting back. He doesn't want to hurt anyone. Please don't force him to—if he's pushed to that point, or is somehow manipulated into hurting or killing someone, there's no telling what it'll do to his psyche.
  • Personably Optimistic: In total: he believes in the good of others. Maybe not himself, but certainly in other people. He likes humans, he likes other Children of the Mist, he likes critters and creepy-crawlies and plants of all kinds, but not really himself. He will always believe in the general goodness of everyone around him, even if they're mean. After all, deep down, they're nice, right?
Likes: Sweets, spicy food, soft or squishy things, sports & generally moving around, making people happy, circuses & carnivals, upbeat music, dates, honey.

Dislikes: Bitter food, being alone with someone (it disconcerts him, especially if the person isn't good with self-defense), winter & cold temperatures, eggplant.

Fears: Hurting or killing others, being poked and prodded at by Investigators, the concept of an afterlife.

Motivations: Wanting to 'pay back' his bad deed(s) with good ones, helping others, a sort of way to commit no-longer-alive (or removal of his feral parts) in a productive manner that doesn't particularly worry others.

Brief Personality Description: Zey is just about as sweet as can be—he tries his best to be charitable, kind, friendly, and open-minded. He'll always do his best to bring smiles to others' faces and make sure that they're safe. Of course, this means that he'll be nice from afar; he thinks of himself as a dangerous and deadly wild card, considering his feral form and general 'monstrous' nature, and hates even the possibility that he could do harm. Because of this image of himself, he's also incredibly self-hating and generally considers himself a menace to society, and has little self-worth, putting on a bubbly dispositions for others' sakes. In summary: very nice, but not to himself.

LIFE

Faction: Currently Carnival; formerly the Aristocrats

Occupation: Does practicing circus acts by himself count? He likes swallowing things that aren't meant to be swallowed (though they might not come back up), doing physically strenuous acts, and trying to advertise! If not, when he's not doing that, he's picking up odd jobs that he knows he can complete reliably and quickly (chopping wood or delivering a letter, for example).

Marital Status: Single (and not really ready to mingle)

Family:

• Nudd Nevitt: His father, whom he was never spectacularly close to but always loved. He's still dear to his heart, but ever since that incident, they haven't even seen each other.
  • Layla Nevitt, née Kamel: His mother, whom he was much closer to and also strongly loved. She is still very much cared about, but much like Zey's father, they haven't seen each other since that fateful incident.
  • Zahra Nevitt: His younger sister, whom he adored and wanted to spend every second with! It's too bad she was the one who found him during the incident—though he still loves her very much, she's probably too scared to even think about him.
Other Relationships:
  • Orrin: The kid he used to play with when he still lived with his parents! He still has some pretty great memories with him. He wonders what he's up to nowadays, and misses being able to talk to him. By extension, he sorta-kinda knows Orrin's parents, but it's more like their parents know each other.
  • Mio: The leader of Carnival that he sorta-kinda attached to. He tries not to bother her too much, but he thinks she's really cool and nice and wants to get to know her better, even though he knows it's better if he doesn't get too close in case the Mist gets to him one night and he gets too aggravated. Most days, he watches her from afar like a socially-distanced cheerleader.
  • Casimeer: A really nice older brother figure that Zey thinks is awesome! He's always working on giving back the nice things that Cas gives him, because that's what you're supposed to do, after all. He mostly leaves them in places where he knows Cas frequents and hopes they aren't stolen.
Background: Born into a relatively wealthy lifestyle, Zeyad Nevitt had a comfortable life among the Aristocrats of the Mist—he was given a nice home, a good education, and a loving family. Though his parents could be overprotective at times, he still treasured them, and tried his best to be an upstanding older brother. He played around with friends when he could, completed his schoolwork on time, and practiced the violin diligently. All-around, he was a good kid... well, save for a few things.

Zey had a bit of an adventurer's mindset, having a tendency of sneaking off and messing around in the greener parts of Gothendale, where his family's house resided near, when he finished all his chores and schoolwork for the day. He liked to explore well past when and where he was supposed to, even when his family and the house staff got suspicious as to why they could never find him when he said he was 'playing outside close to the house', but always made an effort to return home before nightfall—his parents were always strangely adamant about him not being exposed to the Mist, even though they weren't as strict with themselves and his sister. He didn't really know why, but he assumed it was for his own good. After all, they were his parents.

One evening, however, he found himself in a part of town that he didn't recognize. It wasn't too late, yet, so he tried to hurry back home before night fell, but he only succeeded in getting more and more lost, panic creeping into his mind and corrupting his rationality and memory to push him further and further into undiscovered, untraceable territory. Night firmly came, and the Mist encroached on his position like a seeping poison.

His bones creaked and cracked, his skin hardening in some places and sprouting fur in others; his teeth grew and elongated further, and he felt his jaw stretch and gape open into something that could only be described as a maw, slobbering and savage. Zey became... well, a monster. There was no other way to describe him.

By the cruelest chance the universe could have given him, a young girl—smaller than his sister was, and with red hair instead of black—stumbled across his path. He rushed towards her, tried to form words with that new mouth of his: Where am I? Where is my home? How do I go back? Please help me!

With his lack of practice with this sort of transformation, his words only came out as pained screeches and half-formed snarls, all gnarled and guttural from the huge, flopping tongue in the middle of his cavernous mouth. The little girl screamed and tried to run away, but his lion-like paw caught the end of her foot, a claw piercing through her sock and shoe to drag her back towards him. She fell, crying for help, and when his head came down to try and ask her again, his teeth tangled in the curls of her hair as she continued to try and escape.

Zey was scared. He was scared, he was panicked, and, with some sort of uncontrollable itch in the pit of his empty, relentlessly unsatisfied, feral stomach, he was hungry.

By his parents' accounts, he didn't mean to. By his sister's account, he couldn't hold himself back. By his own account, he was plain evil. But by the time day broke and the girl's parents noticed she was gone, there was little more left of her than what remained of her pink dress and a splatter of blood on the ground.

Zey's sister found him curled up near a tree, closer to home than expected, with blood smeared over his mouth and hands and his huddled form shaking, wracked with quiet sobs. She dragged him back home with much difficulty, and upon hearing Zey's recount of the night, their parents resolved to do something.

After paying off a ridiculous amount of people and having many tense discussions with many tense people, Zey's parents sent him off to Carnival to be taken care of. His feral form was far too wild for him to remain in Aristocratic society, even if he tried his hardest to stay away from the Mist. He was fine with this decision, though—at this point, so long as he found a place where he could wait out the Mist at night, he was okay with anything. He didn't want to hurt anyone else.

Nowadays, Zey is shuttled in with the carnies and hides away at night so that if he can't find a place to avoid the Mist, at least there isn't anyone around for him to hurt. He'll restrain himself, lock himself away, hand himself over to the Investigators, even, if it means he doesn't have to live out that nightmare of an incident ever again.

ABILITIES

Weapons of Choice: N/A; if Zey ever had to choose between weapons, though, he would reluctantly choose a blunt self-defense weapon, like a baton or long staff. He'd just prefer to never fight.

Powers/Abilities:

• Strong Stomach Acids: Zey can eat basically anything so long as he can get it down his gullet. While this ability is a bit more subdued in his domestic form, he isn't a picky eater regardless of what's given. His stomach acids will dissolve it right up, leaving him with an insatiable appetite and a very quick metabolism. This also means that whenever he vomits, it's a lot more corrosive than the average person's. Be careful when he's got a stomachache!
  • Extreme Strength & Dexterity: He's a lot more naturally athletic than the average person—even by adult standards, he's a strong, quick guy. When in his domestic form, he mostly relies on the physicality he's gained due to frequent activity and his boundless reserves of energy that come with being a sports-loving kid while drawing on a relatively minimal amount of his monstrous strength, but while feral, he's a lot more powerful, and can go toe-to-toe with more intimidating foes than a bouncy ball, though his size may hinder him at times (he's a little smaller than a Great Dane in real life: a good size to eat hearts and small children).
  • Bite Strength: While feral, Zey has the relative bite force of a Nile crocodile of his age and gender; that is, a physically mature Nile crocodile, which is... a lot. While domestic, he has the bite force of a fairly normal human boy of his age, albeit with a lot more sharp teeth.
  • Big Cat Limbs: It should come to no surprise to anyone that lions and leopards are pretty damn vicious. The forelegs of a lion are very powerful, and thanks to the claws attached to both lions' and leopards' paws, Zey can scratch up people pretty badly while in his feral form.
Skills of Note:
  • Athleticism: Zey's an athletic little dude! He likes running around and bouncing off the walls and wants to learn how to do acrobatics-like stuff where he can put some more of his energy to use. He's also a lot stronger than he looks, and tends to busy himself by moving around heavy boxes of supplies to where they're supposed to be. Dexterous, fast, and sturdy, he's your guy if you need any task completed regarding physical labor or speed.
  • Observation: As he's usually trying to separate himself from large crowds of people, he tends to notice things on the outskirts that others might not, like a suspiciously-placed blade or a loose wire. However, this doesn't mean he's perceptive—he might not necessarily know what the wire is for, or why the blade is there.
  • Memorization: Generally, Zey is good at keeping things in his mind—he was sort of the back-up plan for his parents whenever they needed to keep passwords or to-do lists secure, and so knows a strange amount of things regarding the inner workings of his former household and also vaguely how often they needed to buy groceries. He's also good at memorizing directions so long as he can see everything clearly (which, sadly enough for him, was not the case during the foggy night with the girl).
MISC.
  • Zey's birthday is in the winter!
  • His favorite chocolate is dark chocolate.
  • He knows how to play the violin, though his skill has gone down considerably since he hasn't been able to get his hands on one to practice. He used to be competition-worthy, though!

Last edited:
C A S I M E E R
Je te laisserai des mots
En-dessous de ta porte
Casimeer Anatol Datsyuk

27 | July 20th

Cis Male | He/HIm
NICKNAME/S:
Cas | Cassie | Meer | Cashmere

ROMANTIC ORIENTATION:
Panromantic

SEXUALITY:
Pansexual

RELATIONSHIP STATUS:
Single

AFFILIATION:
Carnie

HAIR COLOR:
Black [only ever refers to the color of his hair as raven or midnight]

EYE COLOR:
Green with a gold ring (sectoral heterochromia)

HEIGHT:
6'2" (187.96 cm)

BODY TYPE:
Athletic and slim

SCARS:
Casimeer has a few scars, all gained in the line of work from a young age and because of his hollow bones, he has fell and broke many bones numerous timea. Most have faded over time, but the most notable scars remain to be on his left ankle and his right arm.

TATTOOS/PIERCINGS:
Cas has several ear piercings and one septum piercings.

DOMESTIC FORM:
If it was not for his pronounced pointed ears and color-changing eyes ( that he almost always wears kohl under), Cas could easily pass for a human being. Oh and the long tail he keeps tucked away. He's tall and lean with very pale skin, long eyelashes, sharp cheekbones, and soft lips. All features he enhances with a slight touch of makeup. Only internally does his monster form make a huge difference, that difference being his bones.

FERAL FORM:
A griffin. An untraditional griffin. All raven black, a beak, covered in feathers with back paws and front talons. The only thing remaining the same about him is his eyes. He's approximately the size of a vehicle, though his wings are larger than his body. Here is an image of his form.

POSITIVE TRAITS:
Charming | Caring | Affectionate (to friends) | Perceptive | Creative | Fashionable | Confident | Lively | Extravagant | Calm | Faithful (to friends) | Strong-willed | Intelligent | Decisive

NEGATIVE TRAITS:
Selfish | Manipulative | Unforgiving | Seductive | Arrogant | Deceitful | Cruel | Moody | Messy | Sarcastic | Prideful | Materialistic | Theatrical | Nosy

New clothes | Jewelry | Aerial Acrobatics | Dancing | Records | Live Music | Fresh fruits | Makeup | Skinship | Light Rain | Gold | The moon | Gardens | Swimming | Rivers | Painting | Learning | Flower Pressing | Scented Candles | Theatre | Bonfire | Marshmallows | Butterflies | Dressing Up | Snow

DISLIKES:
Seafood | Fouls smells | Mist | Being lied to (though he lies all the time) | Cold baths | Dad jokes | Humans and non-carnival monsters | Being locked indoors | Idiotic questions | Nasty people | Being alone | Being ignored

FEARS:
Abandonment | The mist | Ending up alone | Disappointing the people he cares about

MOTIVATIONS:
Surviving. It's what he's been taught to do since his mother vanishing. Surviving and looking out for his own. Nothing else matters to him.

BRIEF PERSONALITY:
Casimeer is the type of guy to wear white to your wedding. Not out of spite, but because he can't imagine not being in the spotlight. He isn't perfect, but he surely believes that he is. What's wrong with a (lot) little confidence? He looks nice and only ever dresses nice. And no one is going to dim his sparkle. To strangers, they'll find that he has a lot of bite. And to friends, he nibbles.

He's either described as alluring, cruel, and manipulative or caring, charming, and cheeky. Anyone who truly knows him is that he's both.

Sex worker and Thief

FAMILY:
Elluka Datsyuk - Mother [Missing-Presumed Dead]
Boris Datsyuk - Father (Complicated)

OTHER RELATIONSHIPS:
Mio - Carnival Family: Cas has known Mio for as long as he can remember. She is one of the few people he listens, though not without question and teasing. She's family though.

Merritt - Childhood Friend: Upon first meetings, Cas was abrasive and bratty toward him but grew fonder after many playdates. After the attack they grew closer, both losing a parent.

Jules - Friend: The man has been his pediatrician since forever. He's always been snappy at the man because he's not part of the carnival. But he's grown fond of him and come to accept him.

Zey - Adoptive Brother: It is not official, but he has taken Zey in as his own family. He looks out for him and teaches him what he can to survive. He loves to spoil him.

BACKGROUND:
TRIGGER WARNING: Mentions of Rape
The Datsyuk's have part of the carnival for generation upon generation. All acrobats of many kinds and Cas's mother and father were aerial acrobats, singing, dancing, and performing impossible feats. Cas was young, but he trained just as well and performed alongside them. He couldn't have imagined a life outside the carnival where he felt safe and was loved. That is until the attack.

His father had been maimed protecting them, now unable to work, but it didn't matter because the carnival was close. And as for his mother ... She had disappeared into the mist. Cas remembers her letting go of his hand and walking away from him, but he didn't follow.

Life was hard for the father and son after, they didn't have any skills outside of performing. He decided to steal until one day when he was almost 15 he had been caught. The man had decided to let them both go if he could have him for the night. And that was what kicked off his sex work with his father pushing him into it. The career changed their relationship, but Cas himself has changed.

WEAPONS OF CHOICE:
Daggers

POWERS/ABILITIES:
In his feral form, he possesses the ability of flight. On top of that he also is able to tear into almost anything with his talons and possesses enhanced, telescopic vision. Lastly, he has hollow bone stay make him faster and lighter.

SKILLS OF NOTE:
Acrobats | Well-balanced | Throwing knives | Stealth | Manipulation | Seduction

MISC:
- Has a soft Slavic accent taken from his parents
- His hair is not black, he will call it raven or midnight and nothing less
- Can read tarot cards and often offers to predict the future of his friends and does it anyway
- Sings to himself often, has to keep his voice sharp
- Can conjure tears at will
- Knows how to puppeteer and owns three puppets, one of which he made himself
- Does his own makeup, and does it well, he doesn't trust anyone with his face
- Refuses to not stand out, always has an entrance to remember
- Has a habit of sneaking up on people
- Developed the ability to completely mute out what and who he doesn't want to hear
- Not someone you want to challenge, he always pays his dues

• Spicy
Reactions: wren.
parris eden aguellard
HAIR COLOUR:

Brown

EYE COLOUR:

Crimson

HEIGHT:

5'7"

BODY TYPE:

Scrawny | Has a Well-Shaped Ass

SCARS:

Various little scars from scrapes over his lifetime, but nothing to write home about.

TATTOOS/PIERCINGS:

N/A

DOMESTIC FORM:

For the most part, he looks human. However, his eyes are a distinct crimson color, unmistakable for brown, and he has a third one in the center of his forehead. This third eye normally acts in sync with the standard two, but sometimes it has a mind of its own and will react based on his true emotions rather than whatever he might be trying to portray. His third eye can also see clearly in any environment, but not the standard two.

FERAL FORM:

BMEHC6V.png

POSITIVE TRAITS:

Charismatic | Loyal | Cunning | Persistent | Resilient | Decisive | Confident | Resourceful | Brave | Usually Dependable | Independent | Blunt | Relaxed | Moral(ly Ambiguous) | Never Underestimates People | Free-Spirited

NEGATIVE TRAITS:

Fits of Violence | Argumentative | Impatient | Selfish | Manipulative | Haughty | Spiteful | Impulsive | Trust Issues | Competitive | Sometimes Inconsiderate | Sometimes Callous | Cynical | Sometimes Reckless | Dishonest

Bonfires | Archery | Range Shooting | Heists | Banter | Rum | Creatives | Road Trips | Darts | Sports with Friends | The Smell of Gasoline | The Occasional Blunt | Pranking People | Naps | Being Right | Cards | Winning | Oversized Clothes | Arson | Spiders | Cooking | Violet Candy | Simplicity | Tree Climbing | Heated Milk | Passion | Hazelnut Flavoring

DISLIKES:

Humans | Clinginess | Being Ordered Around | Stick-in-the-Muds | Pity | Beer | Routine | Superstition | Incompetent Leaders | Fence-Riding | Being Patronized | Dependency | The Color Yellow | Small Spaces | Bureaucracy | Petty Drama | Astrology | Receiving Gifts | Tight Clothes | Exercise | Spinelessness | Superiority Complexes

FEARS:

Losing to the Humans | Being Manipulated | Being Vulnerable in Any Way | Betrayal | Damnation | Not Being Able to Protect Those He Cares About

MOTIVATIONS:

Avenging His Parents | Survival | Monster Supremacy

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

Despite being a skilled assassin-for-hire, Parris often comes across as childish given his haughtiness and impishness. While it would be incorrect to call him defiant, he's not one to blindly follow orders, usually only taking jobs that agree with his moral code under people he finds some degree of respectable. He's the first person to call a bluff and to prod at someone's weak points, and if he has a problem with you, you'll know about it because he'll undoubtedly tell you. He has a hard time trusting people and prefers to be alone rather than build attachments for fear of being betrayed or losing those people, so if you try to get close to him, he will likely do everything to push you away. His instinct is to be an ass first and be considerate later. He's a bit of an adrenaline junkie and can usually be found in the center of an exciting event. If you can keep up with him and shoot the shit right back at him, he'll probably be fond of you.

Assassin | Thief

FAMILY:

Cecily Aguellard:
- Mother (Deceased)
Nestor Aguellard:
- Father (Deceased)

OTHER RELATIONSHIPS:

Edgar Harland:
- His family's captor (Deceased)
Joseph Harland:
- The nephew of Edgar who was at least decent to Parris and his family.
Ryker:
- A mentor figure who trained Parris in the art of killing.
Faelan:
- Has done some jobs for them.

BACKGROUND:

Parris's parents were hit hard by oppression from the humans, too monstrous to pass as humans, and kidnapped and enslaved by a group of humans who happened upon them. This group then sold them to a wealthy human aristocrat who had a penchant for enslaving monsters. Parris was born into that same slavery, abused by their captors until he witnessed his mother almost get beaten to death for some perceived shortcoming. He snapped then, finding the nearest heavy object and attacking them. He was, of course, overpowered, being only eight years old at the time. If it weren't for his mother protecting him, he no doubt would have been killed. His mother ordered him to flee, and so he did, managing to escape onto the streets with the help of Edgar's nephew Joseph who was surprisingly decent to him and his family.

Having nowhere to go, he was a street rat for two years, where he learned how to survive through less than savory means. Eventually, he met a man who taught him how to wield a gun and how to wield it well, and when he was ten, he returned to the house of his captor to rescue his parents, only to find that his mother had been murdered the night of his escape and his father wound up committing suicide not long after in his grief. He proceeded to execute each of the humans involved one by one, sparing Joseph on account of his help.

Not long after that night, the Bloody Edensday attack happened, although Parris was much too young to participate. When it failed, he was furious, his ire towards humans only intensifying. Shortly after, he was recruited by a Rat member and became a part of their faction, appreciating their rage toward the humans that mirrored his own. He was then trained by Ryker into the assassin that he is now.

WEAPONS OF CHOICE:

Any Gun | Bow and Arrow | Daggers | Poisonous Darts | Poison

POWERS/ABILITIES:

In his feral form, he can see in all directions and in any condition. His enhanced sight is what grants him his incredible marksmanship. Some of his eyes produce a liquid sleeping agent that can knock out even the burliest of creatures when drank, and a few of his eyes produce cyanide, although this is much more costly for his body to produce and thus is much rarer.

SKILLS OF NOTE:

Pickpocketing | Perfect Aim Close or Long Distance | Lockpicking | Sneaky | An Excellent Climber | Cooking

MISC:

- Puts the 'sass' in 'assassin.'
- "Fuck you, pay me" energy.
- Has killed about thirty people at this point.
- Never goes anywhere without at least a gun.
- Although he hates humanity, he finds keeping humans as slaves disgusting given his trauma. He'd much rather just kill them all.
- If he hears one more eye joke, he's going to lose it.
- Has a habit of fiddling with his hair when thinking.
- Will sleep with you and then steal your wallet.
- Usually carries matches on his person, whether for destroying evidence or just to burn some things for fun.
- "Who fucking asked?"
- Swears like a sailor.
- He's an excellent liar with an excellent poker face.
Code by Jenamos

Last edited:
Fairburn, Laurel
Birthdate: Put date here 35 Gender: Male
Mundane Form​
Hair: Straw blonde - Exceeding waist length
Eyes: Golden
Height: 183 cm
Identifiable Features:
Pointed Ears, Sap blood
Plantlers (Removeable)

Body Type:
Standard Humanoid
Slender Build

Exceptional Form​
Hair: As mundane - Glowing
Eyes: Obscured - Glowing
Height: 190 cm
Identifiable Features:
Pointed Ears, Sap blood
Plantlers

Body Type:
Cervine + Botanical Morphology
Deep ashen bark skin (paper texture)

Biography​
Affiliation: Aristocrats
Family: Father: Reginald Fairburn ,Mother: Elaine Fairburn (Nee Ainsley) Deceased, Sister: Claire Fairburn,
Wife: Farah Fairburn (Nee Redford), Child: Orrin Fairburn

Social Contacts: Faelan Sian( Frenemy Rival) Henry Eulenstein(Childhood Friend),
Notes: Laurel was raised in the Fairburn Estate. He attended the Eleweth Watson School for boys until the birth of his sister Claire. Expressing interest in politics He has long been associated with human lawmaking and governance. He has had many positions of note including civic councilor. His interest in Government has extended to the Aristocrat organization. He has married Journalist Farah Redford with whom he shares the Fairburn Estate
Skills and Abilities: Skilled in botany, plays the harpsichord, participates in fencing and debate.
Much like his mother Laurel's blood is sap-like and has psychotropic effects, It causes vigorous growth in some plants. Some of his body is bioluminescent

Health: Laurel is generally known to be in exceptional health

Personality​
Dislikes: Subterfuge, Himself, Guns
Traits: Stubborn, Needs to please others, Supportive, Competitive, Quick Thinker, Polite, Guilty Conscience
Fears: Fire, Being discovered, Losing Family
Motivations: Protecting Family, Welfare of humans and monsters, Fostering Art
Notes: Laurel is a seasoned politico and it takes a lot to catch him off guard in a social situation. He often tries to do his best to accommodate others. His marriage is happy and in an open state presently. He has sacrificed a good deal of personal rest time to volunteer and make a good name for himself in the public eye. Laurel has shame about some of his more monstrous features.

Laurel Instafilm Mundane.jpg
Laurel Instafilm Exceptional.jpg
Fairburn Family
Records

Last edited:
Fairburn, Orrin
Birthdate: Put date here 14 Gender: Male
Mundane Form​
Hair: Grey, Curly
Eyes: Lilac-grey
Height: 140 cm
Identifiable Features:
Pointed Ears, Sap blood
Flower Sprouts (Removeable)

Body Type:
Standard Humanoid
Slender Build

Exceptional Form​
Hair: As mundane - Glowing Lilac
Eyes: Lilac - Glowing
Height: 145 cm
Identifiable Features:
Pointed Ears, Sap blood
Flower crown

Body Type:
Botanical Morphology
Grey Bark Skin (Brittle texture)

Biography​
Affiliation: Aristocrats
Family: Father: Laurel Fairburn ,Mother: Farah Fairburn (Nee Redford) Aunt: Claire Fairburn,
Grandfather: Reginald Fairburn

Social Contacts: Zey - Friend
Notes: Orrin has spent the entirety of his life within the high walls of the Fairburn Estate. His sickly disposition has led to an isolated uneventful life. The largest dangers he faces come from his own body. He is expected to remain indoors and in his room after sunset to avoid exposure to the mists. Any friendship he has had has been short lived. His only long term friend has fallen out of touch when they joined Carnival
Skills and Abilities: Entymology, Arachnology, Poetry, Astronomy
Much like his Father Orrin's blood is sap-like and has psychotropic effects, Plants exposed to it are blighted and become stunted. Some of his body is bioluminescent, turning a dull lilac colour.

Health: Orrin's brittle skin and generally sickly disposition is a constant source of discomfort. The source of the illness is undetermined, but the prognosis is not good.

Personality​
Likes: Art, Reading, Insects and bugs, Stars, Music, Dancing, Apples, Carnivals and Performances
Dislikes: Mushrooms, Locked Doors, Curfews, Dumb Rules, Grandpa's military friends
Traits: Clever, Willful, Disobedient, Adventurous, Highly Educated, Scientifically Minded, Romantic, Curious, Anxious
Fears: Being Alone Forever, Parents Fighting, Doctor Visits, Getting Sicker, The Inspectors, Rotten 'Feral' Form
Motivations: Curiosity, Seeking knowledge, Banishing crippling boredom
Notes: Orrin seems like a quiet boy at first but he's actually very eager to engage with people around his own age. He loves telling others legends, sharing secret hideaways in his home, Adding things to his various collections or sketching away on worn old leather feild notebooks. He's documented every plant and insect unlucky enough to live in the estate with him. While being a good student, he often sneaks away from his Instructor to find more worthy objects of study. He bemoans the fact that he isn't allowed to go outside at night as he finds the stars some of the most beautiful and fascinating of all of his interests.

Laurel Instafilm Mundane.jpg
Laurel Instafilm Exceptional.jpg
Fairburn Family
Records

Last edited:
Full Name: Eve Stirling (does not answer to it)
Nickname(s): Wasp
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Height(cm): 189 cm
Body Type: Slim
Scars: Several around her wings
Tattoos/Piercings: None
Domestic Form:
PTiMpgnO-f2NOFet1wiLYB5IBRVw9UBiOWi4IC4ysPrVhu_EWSdErLvHESeahcWl3RzFCGUWr93OAJac3ge__4fF779_nzOTvzvZLyR22aHUHhQzTWUaBeg9y2UFFg6QwryuW2x_=s0

Feral Form:
Ml3eDhzslkhfh1Av7h-Dt2iU9VKIhZIjQF2wqJuWL4_-KmAwAYh4M0S4qECPyBHSGDbz1qpZFgIUaXGhhu0SHnmq8kTFnBJ-HZA8K1eW2VI1eiIyEaTsZ5IX2Rcs7Uzy8U72q1Wr=s0
Positive Traits: Loyal, passionate, focused, idealistic
Negative Traits: Obsessive, hateful, aggressive, petty
Likes: Flying, chocolate, animals, stars, the Cause, stabbing humans in the face
Dislikes: Humans, Aristocrats (especially her parents), Carnival (basically any monster that tries to make nice with humans), books
Fears: Failure, intimacy, betrayal
Motivations: Wasp will give up everything, including her real name, for her cause. She supports the rats' idea of superiority fanatically, it is her only purpose in life. She will be loyal to the leader of the rats until she dies.
Brief Personality Description: Wasp tries to present herself as stoic and in control of herself at all times but the truth is that she struggles to keep her temper in check and is prone to jumping to conclusions. She's desperate to leave her past behind her but she can't let it go because it's why she thinks what she's doing is right in the first place, it's her justification, her raison d'être.
Faction: Rats (formerly Aristocrats)
Marital Status: Single
Family: Alice Stirling - mother
Simon Stirling - father
Other Relationships: Merritt "Lux" Albus Lomaseul - childhood friend
Henry Edward Eulenstein - childhood friend
Ryker Hansley - boss
Background: Her parents were low-ranking Aristocrats who used to tear her wings off "for her own good" since they were hard to hide. When she was very young she didn't even know that she was supposed to have wings as her parents had removed them when she was too young to remember and carefully kept her away from the mists. She only found out about it when she snuck out one night to see the stars. Since then she would try to sneak out to the mists every night to take her monster form and regrow her wings but her parents would just tear them off again in the morning until she eventually stopped, trying to avoid the pain. When the Rats were formed she jumped at the chance to take revenge on the humans that forced her into hiding.
Weapons of Choice: Sword, stinger
Powers/Abilities: Wasp venom
Skills of Note: She can lick her elbow but she never would. She is decent at playing the violin.

3r87-qhXF4lYivgERr_4Vy9HzkleHkRocLejQuqjT-VS7RpnVKhtcxwlXay977d5sV5GxCdIFnOiiBTqinzR58F7mRbMjRyC8pOxtbMbph1PCthkA0Ri3WHQHo1MeKESYt-V5lUM=s0

BASICS

Full Name
: Theodore Strife
Nicknames: Theo (if you get close enough), Teddy (By his wife only) and Strife.
Sexuality: Heterosexual

APPEARANCE

Hair Colour: Ebony with streaks of silver.
Eye Colour: Pure grey.
Height: 193 cm
Body Type: Toned, slender.

PERSONALITY

Positive Traits
: Efficient, practical, dutiful, ruthless, levelheaded (often).
Negative Traits: A bit of a killjoy, stubborn, unwavering in his resolution, narrow-minded, controlling.
Likes: Educated people, good conversation and getting the job done.
Dislikes: Has an innate hatred for monsters. And carbonated drinks.
Fears: If you have already lost everything, is there really anything to fear?
Motivations: Purely driven by vengeance.
Brief Personality Description: Theodore is only ever charming when he is around women, otherwise a very serious and stern man. Can come forward as dull, or boring, unless you catch him intoxicated. He's quick to judge and even quicker at executing his judgement. Silent if he deems you unworthy of his time, and spends most social events analyzing the people around him. Uses a lot of time on bettering his gunslinger skills and if not is a complete workaholic.

LIFE

Occupation
: Agent at the MIB
Marital Status: Widower.
Family:
Marigold Strife (Wife - Deceased)
Arden Strife (Offspring - Deceased)
Other Relationships: He dabbles with a variety of women, with which none he is serious about.
Background: Nothing noticeable about his childhood, he did fairly well in school and had a pretty standard upbringing. Married young to a childhood sweetheart, Marigold, a stark contrast to his serious demeanour. A woman who always kept him on his feet, while he kept her grounded. They birthed one son and Marigold took it upon her to homeschool him while the streets seemed to stir. Theodore was already an officer of the law and a detective when Bloody Edensday rolled in which both his wife and son succumbed.

No further reasons need to be given why Theodore enrolled as an Agent.

ABILITIES

Weapons of Choice
: Uses a variety of tools for his captives.
Skills of Note: Excellent gunslinger.​

ANSLEY
Ansley Harper Norcott

29 | September 10th

Cis Male | He/Him
NICKNAME/S:
Lee

ROMANTIC ORIENTATION:
Heteroromantic

SEXUALITY:
Heterosexual

RELATIONSHIP STATUS:
Single

HAIR COLOR:
Blonde

EYE COLOR:
Light Blue

HEIGHT:
6'1" (185.42 cm)

BODY TYPE:
Athletic

SCARS:
Possessing several scars gained in the field, Ansley's most notable are a pair of parallel jagged scars across his abdomen and a lone scar stretching down his back starting just below the collar on his back right side.

TATTOOS/PIERCINGS:
Possessing no piercings, Ansley does have a number of tattoos on both forearms which he normally hides under a long sleeve dress shirt. Runes of old and symbols of an esoteric past from lands far distant are looped together in scrawling script and diagrams up and down his forearms. These tattoos are meant to afford some form of protection or assistance according to their pasts, though Ansley is well aware that they are all inert and has gotten them more out of interest in their meanings than any sort of practical use.

POSITIVE TRAITS:
Adaptable | Confident | Decisive | Intelligent | Objective | Perceptive | Resourceful | Strong-willed | Well-read

NEGATIVE TRAITS:
Abrasive | Blunt | Cynical | Deceitful | Eccentric | Evasive | Fatalistic | Hypocritical | Messy | Morbid | Sarcastic

Challenges | Cigarettes | Cooking | Crossword Puzzles | Daytime | His cats | Music | Rainstorms | Reading

DISLIKES:
Cowardice | Inexorable People | Nighttime | Liars | Large Gatherings

FEARS:
Being Controlled | Failure | Surrender

MOTIVATIONS:
Ensuring Peace | Maintaining his way of life | The Pursuit of Knowledge

BRIEF PERSONALITY:
Commonly described as distant and heartless by those within the Bureau that don't know him well, Ansley is really just an individual of such a cynical and preoccupied nature that he pushes most people away that don't truly want to know if the man on the other end of those words and actions is truly as callous as he appears. Those that look a bit further find a bright mind, constantly racing to the next step, always on the hunt for his next lead, or searching for more information to fill his near insatiable desire for knowledge. Those that manage to insert themselves up to and even past this point in Ansley's life find a charmingly erratic man, unlikely to ever make a true friend, and destined to never be the best of company, but a friend worth one's time and willing to give his own despite his racing mind and actions.

Investigator

FAMILY:
Oliver Robert Norcott - Father (Retired, Professor)
Marie Ari Norcott - Mother (Nurse)

Isaac - Calico Housecat
Darwin - Black Housecat

OTHER RELATIONSHIPS:
Theodore Strife - Coworker

BACKGROUND:
A son of two intellectuals, Ansley has always been engrossed in old books and the ever-growing desire to learn more. From a young age, his father allowed him into the library of the University he taught at, keeping him busy for hours amongst the smells of pleasant earthy tomes and smoky volumes of literature. His time spent in libraries and buried in words of authors long dead only increased as he aged. Though he still took part in sports, excelling in wrestling specifically, the boy with the thirst for knowledge never quite gained the more normal social interactions that shape most people into well functioning social animals, Ansley was always more content with the comfort and company of aging parchment and cracked vellum leading to the eccentric and somewhat estranged adult he is today.

His arrival to the Monster Investigation Bureau years ago was fueled by this quest for more and has seen his analytical mind flourish in a workplace far better suited for the quick to judge and the quicker to act. Sustained by this desire to learn everything he can, to truly understand the world around him Ansley pushes forward where other Investigators stop their hunts, and where most Investigators pull the trigger or sink the dagger upto its hilt, Ansley instead understands.

WEAPONS OF CHOICE:
An 8-shot, 6 inch, .357 magnum firing silver-coated rounds.
A push dagger tucked into his belt

POWERS/ABILITIES:
Ansley is a human and possesses no powers.

SKILLS OF NOTE:
Excellent Shot | Has a way with animals | Sleight of Hand |

MISC:
- Pampers his cats, Darwin and Isaac, to an almost unhealthy amount
- Has a bad habit of spacing out

Full Name: Mio Hanover
Nickname(s):
Sexuality: Asexual (biromantic)

Hair Colour: Pink
Eye Colour: One blue, two pink covered by an eyepatch (four pink in monster form)
Height(cm): 148 cm
Body Type: Lithe
Scars: None
Tattoos/Piercings: Earrings
Domestic Form:
GyBS2au-Ai3QGCUnOkVHAqglDGTg3koreiD2Txh9QMwwgxV6CQQqcfe5bKKnKMBu0x4Plptk8OjeszUTP8h2q7vGqZzb_uYmuj6B6ZpB7WswO_-J134pstjoWtbpZE7kDElzzP-X=s0

Feral Form:
SHST4Y795LToSPDAGRTu0KpuDgcheEHUu-vF1Dd2QFvicadWThEQkh5HcPT_ubGODQ4O48WDRsDk_QW5zb50QQuP_c9u1NHE3ZR9iXxwW9aw8AMomSzoV7WUw2bqsuJNtukCGAeN=s0
Positive Traits: Selfless, kind, protective
Negative Traits: Self-sacrificing, cold, overprotective
Likes: Popcorn, her family, walking on raised, narrow surfaces.
Dislikes: Cotton candy, conflict, anyone who would harm her family.
Fears: Being alone, not being good enough, losing her family.
Motivations: Keeping her family safe. At all costs.
Brief Personality Description: Mio is the mom friend™. She's always thinking of her family and what she can do for them. If someone is not a part of her family though she comes across as professional and somewhat cold. She takes her responsibility for those under her (not literal) wing very seriously and those who pose a threat to them will find she's not as weak as she might look. She can be nothing short of ruthless when the situation calls for it. Underneath the surface she has terrible self-esteem and abandonment issues.
Faction: Carnival
Family: Marcus Hanover - father (dead)
Ruby "Linda" Hanover (nee Hansley) - mother
Rayner Hansley - uncle
Lillian Hansley - aunt
Ryker Hansley - cousin
Rhiane Hansley - cousin
(She considers all of Carnival her family)
Other Relationships: Keegan Ernesh - little brother figure
Faelan Sian - sponsor for Carnival
(Connections with the Aristocrats and the Monster Investigation Bureau)
Background: When Mio's father died her mother started to deliberately expose Mio to the mist every night to ensure that she aged as slowly as possible and remained dependent on her. When her cousins left her mother, already rattled by the harassment from humans and terrified that Mio would leave as well, tried to keep her close by putting her down so she would think she wasn't capable of leaving and telling her they owed Carnival for accepting and protecting her despite her incapability. The feelings of being indebted to Carnival and needing to take care of them in return only grew after she became the leader. But as tensions between humans and monsters escalate and the discrimination continues she finds herself getting closer and closer the edge of her patience and capacity to forgive humanities trespasses.
Weapons of Choice: Webs
Powers/Abilities: Web spinning, paralytic venom.
Skills of Note: Tightrope walking

Last edited:
jules.jpgjulesmonster.jpg
Full Name: Juliard Beckham
Nickname: Jules, Doc
Sexuality: Pansexual (Though he's not actively looking for a relationship)

Hair: Dark ash brown
Eyes: Yellow-ish hazel
Height: 181 cm
Body Type: Slender build, average muscle
Notable Features: The morning after a transformation, he will occasionally keep some of his features; notably the sharp tail and his black, claw-like hands (which he has to cover with gloves)
Transformation: When exposed to the mist, Jules will transform into a large, quadrupedal creature (vaguely resembling a hyena) with sharp spikes lining his head, neck, and back. His eyes will turn a striking blue and his hands and feet become sharp claws. The end of his tail is a sharp arrow-shaped point, and he has full control of its movement.

Occupation: Family Doctor with a specialty in pediatric medicine -- Primarily provides care for monsters
Affiliation: Aristocrats, though he occasionally visits Carnival.
Skills: Perceptive, especially when analyzing patients
Background: Juliard joined the aristocrats in his mid-teen years, though he'd been alive for much longer due to his slowed aging. His father had always pushed him to become successful, which led to him studying medicine prior to moving to the human world. With a fake human identity, he was accepted into a good university and was able to build his knowledge and identity from there. He completed a great portion of his studies online until his appearance matched that of a college student, after which he completed his residency with a surprising amount of skill. Though licensed as a human doctor, he chooses to primarily use his knowledge on monsters who wish to keep their identity hidden--he has a small office open to the public, though he provides contact information for house calls to clients who he suspects are monsters. He will occasionally visit Carnival to provide them with better medical care using resources from the human realm, and he allows his clients to contact him at any time. He keeps a medical record of every monster that he treats and tends to keep a low political profile compared to other aristocrats.

D A I Y U
But would you leave me if I told you what I've done
And would you leave me if I told you what I've become
Daiyu Fang

30 | December 23rd

Cis Female | She/Her
NICKNAME/S:
Dai | Yui

ROMANTIC ORIENTATION:
Biromantic

SEXUALITY:
Bisexual

RELATIONSHIP STATUS:
Single

AFFILIATION:
Rat

HAIR COLOR:
Black

EYE COLOR:
Light Green

HEIGHT:
5'5" (165 cm)

BODY TYPE:
Slender and lithe

SCARS:
N/A

TATTOOS/PIERCINGS:
She has one tattoo on her back. This one, but on her back instead of the side.

DOMESTIC FORM:
Daiyu appears as a thin woman with a few curves, pale skin, and ink-black hair. She is a little below average height and would appear human if it wasn't for her very obviously snake eyes, slits for pupils that glow in the dark. And not to mention the patches of scales on her neck, her wrists, and legs. And, she has a forked tongue as most cold-blooded creatures do.

FERAL FORM:
A giant snake, well two, joined together. One white and the other back, both with large poisonous fangs and beautiful patterns a top of their head. She's about the size of a truck or larger and ridiculously flexible.
Here is an image of her form.

POSITIVE TRAITS:
Perceptive | Sophisticated | Eloquent | Patient | Thoughtful | Intelligent | Nonchalant | Romantic | Teasing | Loving | Musical | Calm | Alluring

NEGATIVE TRAITS:
Cunning | Manipulative | Mean | Deceitful | Resetful | Ruthless | Aloof | Harsh | Secretive | Dishonest | Overcritical | Mocking | Sarcastic | Materialistic

Fresh fruit | Musial | Dancing | Hairpins | Rain | Hot soup | The smell of fresh-baked bread | Unique monsters | Silk robes | Manicures | Perfume | Earrings | Arranged flowers | Frogs

DISLIKES:
Humans | Fools | Weaklings | Those without a belief | Rodents | Extreme weather | Cooking | Poor singing | Gum | Messes | Getting dirty | Most card games

FEARS:
Dying without making a difference | Monsters being further oppressed

MOTIVATIONS:
Monster Supremacy | To lead a life without dangers

BRIEF PERSONALITY:
Daiyu is what one could call an enigma. She often smiles, but many can tell it's without soul, she may say one thing but her tone suggests another. She's nearly impossible to read to upset. This is what keeps her at a distance from most others. However, as calm and slow to reacting as she may be, she has just as much enemy and emotion as anyone else. She likes to read the room before making up her mind how to act, manipulating her way through life. It's rare she ever acts as just herself. Sometimes even she forgets who that is. But truth be, she's a a kind soul who is ready to grow dark to fight for what she believes in.

Singer | Bartender

FAMILY:
None.

OTHER RELATIONSHIPS:
To be announced ...

BACKGROUND:
Daiyu was abandoned not long after birth, she had no knowledge who her biological parents were. She was left on the streets to die, looking too monster to be raised in a world that was cruel to their kind. It was an older, homeless, monster who found her, nursed her to health, and raised her until they themselves disappeared in the mist. She found work as a bus girl in a human bar, doing her best to hide her monster features. Though she was often mistreated by the manager, customers, and other employees. And when they learned she was a monster she was tossed out. Not long after she was able to find a job at another bar and later learned of the rats. Their cause inspired her to join them.

WEAPONS OF CHOICE:
Pocket knife | Handgun | These hands

POWERS/ABILITIES:
In her feral form, Daiyu has a plethora of abilities. First is her enhanced sense of smell and infrared vision allowing her to see and spot creatures with a heat signature. Her strength is increased allowing her to constrict and crush victims with her body, her body flexible and lithe. And more importantly, than her bit is the poisonous venom that drips from her fangs.

SKILLS OF NOTE:
Very flexible and bendable, practically a contortionist | Hand-to-hand combat | Trapping | Sneaking

MISC:
- Has a mesmerizing singing voice
- Enjoys drawing on people's skin with a pen
- Covers her mouth when laughing
- Artistic dancer
- When made agitated she will hiss at you
- Expects gifts when you visit her

• Love
laramie "lars" tristan dubois
HAIR COLOUR:

Brown

EYE COLOUR:

Grey

HEIGHT:

6'0"

BODY TYPE:

Lanky | Long Neck | Slightly Crooked Nose Bridge

SCARS:

Various Small Scars and Patches of Discoloration from Scrapes | Noticeable Small White Scar on Right Corner of Lips

TATTOOS/PIERCINGS:

N/A

DOMESTIC FORM:

He looks entirely human most of the time; however, he cries a diluted white phosphorous-like substance. The substance is harmless to him but quite toxic to those around him when nearby for an extended period and downright deadly if it gets absorbed.

FERAL FORM:

61f883eed2dd57bf5831dc407cd03868.png

His feral form is a dark blue wolf creature with an exposed skull and spikes along his spine. When in this form, he is constantly crying the same white phosphorous-like substance that leaves a trail that lingers for approximately a minute wherever he goes.

POSITIVE TRAITS:

Clever | Forthright | Authentic | Idealistic | Courageous | Humorous | Loyal | Dependable | Cooperative, Sometimes | Independent | Personable | Good-Hearted | Resilient | Just

NEGATIVE TRAITS:

Impulsive | Hot-Headed | Sarcastic | Big-Mouthed | Confrontational | Petty | Stubborn | Childish | Pessimistic | Mischeivous | Tactless | Sensitive | Can Seem Grouchy | Lonely | Hedonistic

Getting a Rise Out of Assholes | Praise | Danger | Arson | Reptiles | Basketball | Baseball | Baked Pumpkin Seeds | Stunts | Alcohol | Money | Naps | Amusement Parks | Swearing | Simplicity | Rebels | Dogs | The Smell of Burning Leaves | Hot Chocolate | Spiders | Dancing | Storms | Games | Competition | Comedy Movies | Most Soups | The Smell of Burning Dust from a Heater | Pranks | Spicy Cologne | Fingerless Gloves | The Color Red

DISLIKES:

Getting His Ass Beat | Politics | Being Ordered Around | Uncanny Valley Shit | Suits and the People Who Wear Them | Police | Crowds | Waking Up Early | Insincerity | Unsolicited Touch | Poetry | Horror Movies | Nosiness | Boring People | Elitism | Cemetaries | Sickly Sweet Things | Being Patronized | Fairytales

FEARS:

A Meaningless Death | Failure | Rejection | Dependency

MOTIVATIONS:

Personal Happiness | Survival | Fun

"With rebellion, awareness is born."

While Lars prefers to keep to himself for the most part, he's quick to get into a fight over the slightest offense even if he has no chance of winning and he has no problem causing a scene in public. He's out for himself and his own needs, and thus operates based on what benefits him. He's a bit of a thrill-seeker and is more interested in fun and his own sense of justice than protecting his own life. That isn't to say he's suicidal, though. In fact, he's quite afraid of death, he's just impulsive. He's idealistic enough to have hopes for the world but pessimistic enough to know that the world will always suck. He's honest to a fault and pays little mind to things like class and background and is one of the most accepting people you'll meet so long as you treat him with respect.

Barista

FAMILY:

Violette Dubois
- Mother (Deceased)
René Dubois
- Father, Estranged
Odette Dubois
- Younger Sister, Close

OTHER RELATIONSHIPS:

Jester
- Friend and Coworker

BACKGROUND:

Lars has lived a pretty normal life on his family life. Normal, of course, not being synonymous with happy. When he was ten, his mother died in childbirth, engulfing both himself and his father in grief. His father resorted to alcohol to deal with his grief, failing to take care of either Lars or the new baby Odette. As such, Lars had to step up as his sister's caregiver without processing his own grief, and that's when his recklessness and independence began. As soon as he turned 18, he moved out with the money he'd been earning from odd jobs for years to avoid his useless father. He continues to spend a lot of time with Odette, who he lets stay over with him for her sake.

WEAPONS OF CHOICE:

His Hands | Knives | Fire

POWERS/ABILITIES:

Toxic Tears | Fire Resistance | Sharp Claws & Spikes

SKILLS OF NOTE:

Street Fighting | Self-Defense | Dancing | Starting Shit | Getting on People's Nerves

MISC:

- Excellent at making shadow puppets
- Constantly bruised up for one reason or another
- Don't have to worry about rejection if you push everyone away first
- Focused on himself; not really interested in the fight between humans and monsters and considers both sides pretty shitty in different ways
- Can't barely cook toast without burning it
- High alcohol tolerance
- He's worked mostly in manual labor, janitorial duties, and repairwork
- Good with children
Code by Jenamos

Last edited:
Reactions: MiharuAya
J E S T E R
But if the lights don't stop me
No one's got control of what I do
Jesper Rian Taevas

20 | August 14th

Cis Male| He/Him
NICKNAME/S:
Jester | Jes | Jessie

ROMANTIC ORIENTATION:
Panromantic

SEXUALITY:
Demisexual

RELATIONSHIP STATUS:
Single

AFFILIATION:
Rat

HAIR COLOR:
Black

EYE COLOR:
Greyish brown

HEIGHT:
5'4" (162.56 cm)

BODY TYPE:
Lean, broad-shouldered, and slim

SCARS:
Jester has very obvious scars from being burned, the most obvious on his face and neck.

TATTOOS/PIERCINGS:
Several ear piercings and a bridge piercing.

DOMESTIC FORM:
Jester is a pretty young man, though deeply scarred, literally. He is warm-toned, short, buttoned enough to know he's done some hard jobs. Perhaps his most standout traits are his long eyelashes, aside from his scarred face. Though he's almost always constantly seen wearing a hat and it's to tuck away his curly hair, the little nubs of horns that protrude from his head. It ruins his otherwise human appearance.

FERAL FORM:
Jester has the unexpected form of what he calls a teacup dragon. A small creature barely 2 meters tall, the closest mark being 4 feet. All white and brown in fur with feathered large wings, behind and legs. His tale is longer than his entire body. His ears most noticeable resemble a bat's ears, though his body resembles an animal that walks on all fours. Most importantly his horns, though small, extend further out in this form.
Here is an image of his form.

POSITIVE TRAITS:
Authentic | Warm | Dreamer | Brave | Easygoing | Affectionate | Gentle | Protective | Assertive | Devoted | Thick-skinned | Absent-minded | Blunt

NEGATIVE TRAITS:
Lazy | Somber | Fierce | Indulgent | Obsessive | Nosey | Passive | Obstinate | Tardy | Overthinker | Schememing | Messy | Repressed | Insecure

The smell of coffee | Slow dancing | Rock music | Calming voices | Snow | Boots | Autumn season | Card games | Magic tricks | Spiked drinks | Money | Family | Bike riding | Big performances | Lullabies | Antiques | Winning games | Cooking

DISLIKES:
Fire | Losing games | Police | Being pushed around | Hot weather | Bullies | Cotton-candy | Letting fear overtake him | Animals | Most aristocrats | Annoying people | Funerals | Being alone | Cold meals

FEARS:
Losing the one's he loves | Failing | Being nothing and not mattering

MOTIVATIONS:
Protecting his mother | Monster safety

BRIEF PERSONALITY:
Jester can easily be called an open book, he doesn't typically hide his personality well nor tries to. He's generally a kind and sweet boy if not a little too tactless, not so much in a rude way as he is in a brutally honest way. While he's a smart and caring individual, he also happens to be a lazy one. What he lacks in activities and motivation, he makes up for in affection and charming smiles. He will and has puppy eyed people to get what he wants.

Barista

FAMILY:
Daria Taevas - Mother (Alive)
Callum Walsh - Father (Alive)
Shirin Taevas - Younger Sister (Deceased)

OTHER RELATIONSHIPS:
Casimeer Datsyuk - Friend: Jester has known the man since he was a child, often trying to play with him and the other older kids. Even as he moved away from the Carnival, he still talks with him when he goes to see his mother.

To be Determined...

BACKGROUND:
Jester was born into the carnival, his father was not. While his mother had been a performer, his father was an aristocrat who spent many nights with her, helping to bring Jester and his sister Shirin into the world. It was common that she left her two children alone after dinner, During those nights, Shirin would stay with her friends, but Jesper would wait for his mother's return. It was through her neglect one night leaving the stove on that their home caught fire while Jesper was sleeping inside. He made it out with help, but not unscarred.

Their mother decided to be more responsible for their sakes. And then during the attack, it was under Jester's watch that his sister was killed. He had barely survived himself but the guilt lived with him. When he reached the age of 18, he left home.

WEAPONS OF CHOICE:
Knives | Rope

POWERS/ABILITIES:
Given his feral form, he has the ability to fly and use echolocation.

SKILLS OF NOTE:
Sleight of hand

MISC:
- Bites his nails
- Likes to nap at least two times a day
- When he's mad, it's very obvious, the lack of expression says it all
- Refuses to be called by his real name
- Chocolate addict

• Love

The Newbie
Name
Sasha Dubois

Nickname
Sash

Birthdate
Oct 10th

Sexuality
Demisexual

Occupation
MIB Agent

Faction
None

Appearance

Hair Colour: White

Eye Colour: Blue

Height: 167

Weight: 130lbs

Body Type: Delicate, Willowy, Petite

Scars: None

Tattoos: None

Piercing: Earlobes​
Personality

Benevolent, Rash, Naive, Diligent, Earnest, Selfless, Empathetic, Strong Willed

Strengths:
Altruistic: At the core of Sasha's being, he is a compassionate and selfless person. More than anything else, he wants to help people, and he is willing to go to any lengths to do so. He is kind and is unable to turn a blind eye to anyone in need, even if it inconveniences him. Even though he was raised in an environment that holds many prejudices, he treats everyone equally and fairly.

Eager: When it comes to Sasha's work, he is energetic and lively. He loves being able to make a difference in the world, which is the reason he always gives it his all. Although sometimes the job can be tough, or things move slowly, he is always dedicated and working hard. Even going so far as working on his days off. He could almost be considered stubborn, with how determined he can be not to give up.

Weaknesses:
Idealistic: With Sasha being raised in a sheltered environment, he was oblivious to the harsh realities most faced. Because of this, he is often naive about things now that he is out in the world. He once thought that he would be able to solve all the problems easily, but now that he is forced to look those realities in the eye, he realized it wasn't as easy as he once thought. The real world and its truths tend to shock him, though he is still able to keep his spirits up and an almost child-like enthusiasm,

Impulsive: Even though Sasha always has good intentions, he is sometimes hasty when it comes to making decisions. When he sees someone in trouble, he readily jumps into action. At times this is good, but in most cases, this reckless behavior can be dangerous. He puts others' safety above his own, and wouldn't hesitate to jump in front of a bullet for anyone.

Likes: Raining, Jogging, Coffee, Sweets, Card Games, Using the siren, Working, Animals

Dislikes: Thunder/Lightning, Criminals, Tea, Vegetables, Waiting, Violence

Fears: One of the biggest fears that Sasha worries about is that he won't be able to save everyone. Although he knows this isn't realistic, he can't help still wanting this. He has a severe fear of failure and letting those around him down.

Motivations: Sasha's goal is to facilitate peace between Monsters and Humans.​
Relationships

Family:
Mother: Alive
Sasha's mother is a researcher working to better understand Monsters. While she is normally a kindhearted woman, she has a deep hatred for Monsters. She was attacked when she was in her twenties by a Monster, and Sasha's father was the investigator. After that, they fell in love and soon gave birth to Sasha.

Father: Alive
Sasha's father also works for the MIB. He is a distinguished agent that has moved up the ranks and earned himself a prestigious reputation within the agency. As such, it was always decided that Sasha would follow in his father's footsteps.

Other Relationships:
WIP​
Background

As the youngest of five children, Sasha has always had to go out of his way to prove himself. With highly accomplished parents, and siblings he has always had a lot of pressure to succeed and follow in their footsteps. It was never a choice whether he would join MIB. It was simply what was expected of him.

When he was young, he was always considered the black sheep of the family. He would often feel as if he doesn't belong because he doesn't share the same hatred of Monsters as the rest of the family. This would sometimes put him at odds with his parents when he would voice that he just wanted everyone to get along. So, in time he learned to keep his convictions to himself.

Even though many within the agency assume that he got the position due to nepotism, Sasha has worked very hard for his position. He wants to help people and make his parents proud.​
Ablities

Weapons of Choice:
Taser: Although as an agent, Sasha may be required to carry a gun, he would prefer less-lethal weapons. He often carries a taser on his holster and is more prone to draw it than his gun.

Pepper Spray: Similarly, Sasha also carries a can of pepper spray as a way to defuse escalating situations without the need for violence.

Skills of Note:
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: As a child, Sasha's father would often give him lessons on how to protect himself if he were to ever be in danger. When he grew older, he would often practice this with his older siblings in faux fights.

Linguist: Sasha is skilled at learning new languages. At this time he knows several, including Spanish, French, Japanese, and Russian. It is one of his favorite things to study while he was in school.

Basic First Aid: With being an agent, Sasha decided to take several courses in first aid. He is currently certified to perform this task.

Photographic Memory: Sasha has a near-perfect memory, especially of things that he sees. It is easy for him to remember things that he reads in almost exact words, or recall the details of situations.​

Code by @DANAsaur

Last edited:

Guardian of Hell
Name
Keegan Ernesh

Nickname
Kee

Birthdate
March 25

Sexuality
"Straight"

Occupation
Bouncer

Faction
Rat

Appearance

Hair Colour: Dark brown​
Eye Colour: Amber​
Height: 172cm​
Weight: 130lbs​
Body Type: Lean, Athletic, Sinewy​
Complexion: Bronze, Glowing, Dewy​
Distinguishing Marks: Keegan's body is often adorned with a multitude of cuts and bruises from the frequent fights he finds himself in.​
Scars: As someone who frequently engages in fights and dangerous activities, Keegan has several large scars covering his body.​
Tattoos: Keegan has a tattoo of a rat on his chest. He got the tattoo when he was only 16, as proof of his dedication to the cause.​
Piercings: On a dare, Keegan got both of his ears pierced.​
Domestic Form: When in his domestic form, Keegan has a pair of furry ears sticking out from the top of his head, along with a tail protruding from his back at the base of his spine. His eyes are a bright amber, that almost seems to glow in the dark. While his canine teeth are bigger and sharper than the average human.​
Feral Form: While in his feral form, Keegan appears as a shadowy black dog with fire smoldering under its skin. When he opens his mouth to reveal his dagger-like fangs, fire bursts forth with each breath. His eyes burn like bright embers. Its size is double the size of a normal wolf, with powerful muscles and sharp claws that could encompass an entire human skull.​

Personality

Abrasive, Selfless, Chaotic, Genuine, Truehearted, Irrational, Bold, Spontaneous, Passionate, Confident​
Positive Traits:
Loyal: Keegan has dedicated his life to the people and causes that he cares about. As a passionate person, when he sets his mind to something, he can't be swayed. No promises or threats could make him become a traitor. If it's for the things that are important to him, he is able to muster any amount of courage.​
Compassionate: Even though Keegan has a hard time showing it, he cares a great deal about the people around him. While he is normally an irresponsible person, when it involves his friends he is uncharacteristically reliable. He is protective of the ones around him, and would willingly risk his safety for them without a second thought.​
Carefree: Even though Keegan has had to overcome the obstacle of growing up as a Rat, he is as nonchalant about his situation as ever. While most would be discouraged or resentful, he is perfectly content with his low status and lack of wealth. Though, it is also possible that he is just too dense to realize how bad he actually has it. But, he's never known any different. At his core, he is a fun-loving and adventurous person, always looking for the next daring scheme to bring some excitement.​
Determined: Keegan is a stubborn person. Once he has decided on something, he won't waver. When he puts his mind to something, he becomes a capable and resourceful person. He is discontent with society, and adamant that he is going to change it. Most of the time he has a goal, but his plan is something that comes later. Though, what he lacks in organization and thoughtfulness he makes up with confidence.​
Negative Traits:
Impulsive: The first thing that people notice is his reactive nature. Although this might make him decisive, when something sets him off he can become brash and irrational. He will often say or do things without thinking. In the back of his mind, he knows he is overreacting, but he can't help it. It's like a compulsion. This is the main reason that he so often finds himself in fights and arguments with people.​
Prideful: As someone who was born at the bottom of society, Kee often feels as if he needs to overcompensate for others constantly looking down at him. This can cause him to have a haughty attitude. He is afraid of being considered weak, so he puts on airs to appear more confident hoping that it will dissuade people from messing with him. Another way he overcompensates is his overly competitive nature. He is constantly trying to prove himself, desperately wanting to earn respect from those that matter most to him. Although this often leads him to do stupid things, he refuses to let others get the better of him. In the end, he craves praise and attention.​
Naive: As much as Keegan is actually quite pure of heart. Even though he will often try to flirt with girls, he is awkward, and the moment they show him any small amount of attention he becomes too flustered to think straight. Although he often swears, he isn't crass or crude and will blush if someone speaks too vulgar to him. With his expressive face, it is always quite obvious what he is thinking, even if his lips are saying something different. Because of his immature, almost child-like thought process, he often is clueless about other people's true feelings for him, always being slow to realize someone likes him.​
Willful: With his headstrong nature, Keegan often has a hard time listening to other people, and is generally uncooperative. This becomes even worse around people of authority. He often feels the need to do the opposite of what he is told, simply to prove his independence.​
Likes: Smoking, Fighting, Exploring, Chaos, Fires, Thrills, Dogs, Candy​
Dislikes: Vegetables, Humans, Aristocrats, Rules, Cats, Commitment​
Fears: The thing that Keegan fears the most is his own weaknesses. It is something that he always tries to hide. In his mind, he believes that if he shows any weakness it makes you a burden and a target.​
Motivations: More than anything Keegan wants to see reparations for the horrible things that humans have done to monsters, and that are treated equally.​

Relationships

Faction: Rats​
Marital Status: Single​
Family
Father - Deceased​
Keegan's father died during the war, leaving him with his mother as his sole guardian. His father died protecting Keegan from attacking humans, and the memories still haunt him to this day.​
Mother - Missing​
A few months after the war, Keegan's mother suddenly disappeared from their bed. The door was left open as if she simply wandered into the night never to be seen again. While Keegan spent years searching, he has never found any trace of her.​
Other Relationships:
Ryker: Keegan has always looked up to Ryker as a sort of older brother and hero, constantly trying to make the other proud. After his mother disappeared, Ryker would often look out for him. When Ryker was caught, Keegan was devastated, and vowed that one day he would help him escape.​
Rhiana: Similarly to Ryker, Keegan has always thought of Rhiana as an older sister. When Ryker was caught, Keegan tried his best to look out for Rhiana as best he could. Though he would never admit it.​
Hilda: Even though Keegan initially caused trouble for Hilda, she was the only one who believed in him and offered him a job. Ever since he has felt a sense of gratitude. While he is working, he keeps his temper under control to fulfill his promise of not hurting her business.​
Mio: When Keegan still lived in Carnival, his neighbor was Mio. He always looked up to the older girl, and pestered her to teach him how to tight rope. They grew to have a sort of sibling relationship over the years until he ran away. Even now, he often visits her.​

Background
[/INDENT]

Keegan was born into an idyllic family home. His parents were part of the circus and often kept him secluded from the world. While he was young, he believed that his life was like any other. With his parents, he felt safe and happy.​
When the war began, it felt as if chaos suddenly erupted around him. Keegan would never forget the day that his father left to help fight. His mother shed unending tears. He never returned home​
Once the dust had settled, nothing was the same. As hard as his mother tried to pick up the pieces, she simply wasn't capable. She fell into a deep depression, sleeping for days and crying all the time. Eventually, one night while Keegan was asleep, she left and never returned.​
Although Keegan spent years looking for her, he was never able to find a single lead. During this time, he was taken in by Ryker and Rhiana and became a part of the Rats.​

Abilities
[/INDENT]

Weapons of Choice:
Fists: Keegan's favorite fighting style is with his bare fists. The feeling of punching flesh and breaking bones is one of the few things that helps to relieve his anger.​
Fire: Keegan has always been entranced with fire. Whether starting one in someone's yard or throwing a Molotov, it's cathartic to watch it burn and destroy.​
Powers:
Enhanced Senses: As a canine, Keegan has some of the superior attributes that many other normal canines possess. This includes an excellent sense of smell that allows him to track his prey, or identify hidden items. Keegan also has better sight than a normal human, being able to see in the dark and identify movement from a distance. Lastly, Keegan's hearing is far more sensitive, allowing him to hear faint sounds from much longer distances.​
Enhanced Physiology: Similarly, as a canine Keegan has enhanced physiology. While running or performing physical activity, he has higher endurance than the average human. He is able to run marathons without much toll on his body. In fact, if he doesn't do intense exercise, he tends to feel restless. Keegan also has enhanced strength, allowing him to lift or carry much more than his own weight. Lastly, he possesses superior agility that helps him move easily.​
Molten Derman Armor: When Keegan gets angry or upset, his entire body starts to unconsciously shift and heat up. The blood in his veins turns into magma, while his skin hardens and turns into hardened molten rock. These rocks act as a type of armor that protects him. The surface of his skin smokes and simmers. If he were to get injured in this form, the lava within his veins will leak from his body and burn anything it touches.​
Skills of Note:
Pickpocket: Keegan grew up poor living in the sewers with the other Rats. The only way to survive was to steal. Keegan became skilled in the act out of necessity, and now has the dexterity to steal someone's possessions right out from under their nose.​
Hunting: While he started learning how to capture rats that invested buildings, he has learned how to hunt larger game.​
Parkour: When navigating the city, Keegan prefers the path less traveled. It wouldn't be strange to find him jumping fences, climbing walls, or hopping from one roof to another. The more dangerous route, the better.​
Navigation: Keegan knows the city like the back of his hand. He has traveled down every side street and alley, while most of the parks have been his home at some point.​

Code by @DANAsaur

• Love