1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
  3. Slow As Molasses
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Science Fiction, Fantasy, Science Fantasy, Dark Fantasy, Historical, Shounen-ai and Shoujo-ai, Psychological, Steampunk and... well, I'm actually up for most kinds of role plays.
NOTE: Only I may post here. However, I require everyone to take a look at this thread!

niflrxcm_zpsc510b128.png

✢ B A C K G R O U N D ✢
IN THE BEGINNING, humans and monsters could peacefully coexist, living, laughing and loving together. However, as all beautiful things are fated to crumble, eventually even this truce came to an end. A war that would change the entire future broke out between the two races. For many years they fought. Villages were burnt down to the ground, families were shattered and countless lives were lost. Humans gained victory, and the few remaining monsters were forced into hiding. As time passed and the human society evolved, tales of wars and monsters were lost. Today, none of us remember.

That is not to say that the monsters no longer exist. Doing our best to blend in with the human society, we struggle through every day, beneath the ground, in the darkness, and some of us even alongside you. Nevertheless most of you remain oblivious to our existence, and like that it should always remain. Or at least so we hoped.

As technology advanced and their need for control increased, it became harder for us monsters to remain a secret. Soon enough the government caught on to our existence, and the hunt began. Working directly under the prime minster, the secret organization MMW (Ministry of Monster Welfare), introduced Operation Fox and Hound. One by one they hunt us down, capture us and bring us to what we call 'The Facility'. What goes on behind those walls remains a mystery, even to us. All we know is that once you enter, you are not very likely to ever return. At least, no one has so far.

Now, none of us are safe.

What is your part in this story? Are you fox… or hound?

✢ I N T E R E S T E D ⋆ I N ⋆ J O I N I N G ? ✢

OOC

✢ Sign Ups ✢
Coming Soon

✢ IC ✢
Coming Soon

Last edited:
Namnloumlst-1_zpsdfc2681f.png

You know that crooked old lady walking past your window every day, or the ugly little man rummaging through the garbage cans outside that one restaurant? Haven't you always felt that there was…something off about them? The way her heavy coat wraps around those sort of strange looking bulges around her waist, or how he always makes sure to keep his forehead and ears covered up? Well, chances are they are actually monsters.

Every monster has a human which is dominant at day, and a monster form which is dominant at night. Despite me calling their day form human, they actually tend to look rather different to us. Even if the details are small, if one pays enough attention to them they become rather obvious. For one, they tend to be slightly anatomically off (although this is not always the case). Added to that, all of them have features which hint at what they look like in their true forms. For some it might be that they are extra hairy, have different colored eyes, have an extra eye, have long and pointy ears, their backs are covered with scales, their nails resembles claws, their tongue is forked, their feet are large, an extra pair of arms, they only have four toes and four fingers… the list is endless, and full of possibilities. Some have features which are easier to hide from the public eye, others tend to stand out more.

Every night when the sun falls, monsters turn into what they truly are. The transformation is short but somewhat painful, as they go from domestic to feral. In this form it is completely up to your imagination what they look like. Monsters come in all forms and sizes. However, what (almost) all of them have in common is that they look bestial, grotesque, and monstrous. I do not want beautiful monsters (if you find a really good picture or have a good idea for this, I might make an exception). They should look as far from human as possible, and I don't want anything generic either. In other words, the monsters should look freakin' amazingly creative. I don't want my role play swamped with wolves, foxes and other typical appearances. For this form, I prefer creativity over luck, and therefor would rather have it that you write a description if you are unable to find a suitable picture, than go for the first, best thing you find out there. I might allow one or three wolf/cat/fox like characters, but would certainly prefer it if you find something else. Hunched backs, long fangs, five eyes, yellow claws and toad like skin is what I'm looking for! Not only, of course, but you get the picture. Be creative!

Romance between monsters and humans is not only frowned upon by both sides, but also strictly forbidden. Nevertheless there are those who tend to break rules, and that goes for even this case. Although halflings are extremely rare, they do exist. They are usually treated like outsiders by monsters, but are able to get by in the monster society despite this. Although their life isn't easy, it works. The ministry of monster welfare view halfings exactly the same way as they view monsters, however, so dispute their heritage they are treated no different from the others.

Halflings also have a night and day form. However, their day form appears to be completely human, and their night form might look slightly more humanoid than they usually do.

Because halflings are so rare, I would like you to ask me before you create one. Chances are I will say no, because I really don't want too many of these.​

Last edited:
2.png

✢ C A R N I V A L ✢

11.png

General:
Ringleader Conquest [Open]
Constantly on the road and using their appearances and abilities to perform, they try to gain peace with the humans through methods that allow them to interact with masses. They try to get their attention and to prove that they are safe and peaceful. They don't want to be in control, they just want to be peaceful and live safely among the humans. The circus allows them to expose their true selves to the humans, at least to a certain extent, since it is all 'part of the act'.

✢ T H EA R I S T O C R A T S ✢

12.png

General: Madame/Monsieur Famine [Open]
Being greedy, corrupt maybe even, they have settled amongst us humans, living a good and comfortable high or middle class life. Hiding our masses and unbeknown to us humans, many of them are business CEO's etc. They believe that to live with the masses they should subtly control them through society, economics etc. These people and general have the best relationship with Conquest, since they don't really want battle but do want to be in control. Many who stand out too much to be part of The Aristocrats, often transfer to the Carnival, because of their good relationship. They are also known to have worked together on several occasions.

✢ T H EW A T C H E R S ✢

13.png

General: Lady Death [Taken by Aka~Kistune]
Short Description: They act as the sort of police/peacemaker for the monsters. Trying to stop them from to much exposure that could reveal the whole network of creatures and the fact they are strangely...organized under one person or the four generals. Though knowing that they still probably would aid War over the other two, since what they want most of all is live peacefully in their secluded community, and keep themselves safe.

✢ T H ER A T S ✢

14.png

General:
General War [Open]
Being by far the most aggressive faction of the network, the rats are based in the sewers. They try to think of ways that will allow them to remove the humans from power, and replace them with the monsters. Their focus is to take over and regain power through bloodshed. They are brutes that have lost far to many to even try and negotiate peace, and constantly argue for declaring war on the humans. Although death disagrees with total elimination of the human kind, these two fractions have a good relationship because of their shared views on protecting one's own.

✢ D R I F T E R S ✢

15.png

General: None
Location: Spread across the country, usually living a low or middle class life. Many reside in the slums.
Then there are the monsters who belong to neither of the factions, and simply mind their own business. These are usually refereed to as 'drifters'. Being on neither of the sides, they are treated with neutrality by all groups. However, some work as freelance info brokers and other jobs of the like. causing them to regularly get in contact with the other factions.​

Last edited:
1.png

Misleading name, don't you agree? The ministry of monster welfare is a secret organization working directly under the government. They operate from several bases around the country, and have highly trained and skilled agents working for them. The agent's job is, more or less, to round up monsters and bring them to the facility. They are usually people who have either had bad experiences with monsters and there through discovered them, or were hired because of their skill, and were told about the situation by their superiors.

After capturing them, the agents are tasked with brining the monsters to 'The Facility'- preferably alive. What goes on behind those walls is unknown even to the agents. There have however been rumors of experiments and an attempt to find a cure to these 'abnormalities' floating amongst the MMW members. Once a monster enters the facility, it is said to be impossible for them to escape.

✢ R A N K S ✢

✢ D I R E C T O RW O L F ✢

upload_2014-6-30_12-55-8.png

NPC controlled by Me
Answers to the prime minister and is the boss of the Ministry.

✢ T H EC O M M A N D E R S ✢

23.png

NPCs Controlled by Me

They are the best of the best, and also have most insight of what happens to the monsters, besides the scientists and the director himself. Having the Minister's trust, they answer directly to him and him only. They have the troops under their command. Currently, there are only three Commanders. They excel at both tactics and combat. They live a wealthy life, most of their expenses paid by the ministry. However, they do not bother with working with hounds by their sides, as they are above interacting with filth in such a way. Commanders only join missions if it is absolutely needed and/or important.

✢ S C I E N T I S T S ✢

26.png

Currently not Available
Besides the minister, they are the only ones who truly know what is happening behind the walls of the facility. All of them graduated as stellar students in various scientific fields associated with what they are currently researching.

✢ F I R S TR A N KA G E N T S ✢

25.png

[1/3 Taken]
Everyone is looking to one day become a first raking agent. Not only do they have stellar reputations and excel at their job, but all of them (like the commanders) also live a luxurious life, having most of their expenses paid by the ministry. You did well getting this far, my friend! Currently, there are only three first rank agents, and each you work with a hound by your side. You are the only ones eligible for working with hounds. Each of you answer under one of the commanders, and is somewhat like a right hand to them. First rank agents are sent on the most dangerous/challenging missions.

✢ S E C O N DR A N K A G E N T S ✢

27.png

[0/6 Taken]

You are not one of the very best, but you are good enough to have risen this far in rank. If not out in the field, hunting beasts, you are most likely the one to take on the job of being a teacher to the trainees, or instructor for rookies. Currently, there are only six of them, two of which are no longer in the field.​

✢ T H I R D R A N K A G E N T S

28.png

Unlimited
Most of the Ministries agent body consists of these. You usually go on missions on your own or in small groups, though when larger missions are ahead you join the troops you were assigned to when you gained this rank.​

✢ R O O K I E S ✢

30.png

Unlimited

Good job! You just finished your training as an agent and are no longer considered to be merely a trainee. However, like all the other agents just about to spread your wings, you are still advised to take things carefully. Therefore, each rookie is assigned to a second or third rank agent who will act as their instructor. Once you pass a certain test which involves capturing your first monster, you become a third ranking agent and count as fully trained.​

✢ T R A I N E E S ✢

31.png

Unlimited

You have just joined the ministry of monster welfare and are still wet behind your ears. Before you can call yourself an agent, you need proper training.​

✢ H O U N D S ✢

32.png

[1/3 taken]
You poor bastard… how in the world did you end up in this position? Although officially having the lowest rank of the agents, you do important work by your masters/mistresses side. You are a monster who has turned their back on your own, after all, and now act as a weapon/hound to sniff out and defeat monsters. Despite your low rank, you know your master/mistress well and have probably been his/her companion for years. Your relationship is most likely good, and you lead a rather easy life by his/her side.​

Last edited:
Namnloumlst-1_zpsdfc2681f.png

To be added...​

Status
Not open for further replies.