Low Fantasy, Pseudo Historical VR rp concept?

• Thread starter Verdant Feather
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Verdant Feather

Original poster
Welcome to my first attempt at giving you a rp concept, please make yourself comfortable and feel free to grab a snack. I will assume you read the title and decided to give the mashing of genres a shot, right? Excellent, now's the time for my sale pitch of sort!

NOMADune ONLINE was a strange concept, the advertisement for it starting only through ear to mouth, and its concept leaving combat nearly entirely out of the equation in exchange for crafting, trades, social mechanics and survival skills. What made it unique to other VRMMORPG was that you were not considered a player and thus both set apart from NPCs and thus both immortal and an outcast, but that you were actively integrated in the story from the start, your appearance being set to match members of your family and your starting skills being randomized from the biography you took part in creating with your welcoming GM.

The world you were thrust inside was full of tall peaks and frosty plateau half of the year, and the people there, both NPCs and players, were fiercely set in their ways of life and their familial communities. Each new player would start as a recently fully fledged young adolescent, their previous absence being explained by each infant's ritualistic stay in the Nest, deep caves in the mountains where the safety and education of each newborn was assured for the first few stages of their lives. As these stages range in length, each of your player characters' digital alter egos would range from a mere ten years of age to about eighteen.

When the tutorial, and thus the rituals steps, are completed, each VR character are sent back to their families, where a great feast and a small festival would be held in their honor. Then they would be free to meet their relatives and start toward their claim to adulthood, numerous tasks, that they may be mandatory or optional, making the character more prepared for adulthood, and the responsibilities it will bring. Stats are not of numbers but of values in NOMADune ONLINE, and skills are trained and learned by both watching and experimenting. Depending on one's background, stats traits could be hereditary from their parents, and skills taken from their way of life and histories.

Many creatures, both sentient are not can be found in the game, and through the rp is set in a futuristic setting, the game will be old fashioned in settings, with no technology to speak of.Each player will only be able to come from a human tribe to start, but as they gather Game Points, they will be able to make a character from another race should the previous one die.

More lore and other things will be put up if this become an OOC, but please feel free to ask questions!

Huh. Interesting concept. Though, I would say that given this is creepy similar to a video game I made a while back to refine my skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.