Love and the Dance in Egypt

G

Gands

Original poster
461f2cd4e8253306bb0ee6e246d5f0f6.jpg

Recently released from her Majesty's army, Trevor Newly walked into the older part of the city. Unafraid, he strides confidently, carrying a heavy pistol and a sword. He was seemingly unaware of the men following him. Into a shop, then another, looking for things that attracted his eye.

@Violet

Farrah Roslyn
afshan-azad-5.png

Farrah had seen quite a bit in her short time on the earth. Sure she had only seen a portion of what the great mother earth had to offer, but she knew her life had so much more to give her. Everyday was a gift in the life of an assassin, that much was certain. The sand was blowing harshly, causing Farrah to pull the head scarf closer to her face, guarding it from the whipping of the sand. Her father often told her the best weapon she had was her pretty face, no one suspected that the devil lived behind it.

It was what had brought her to her very mission. Following the white foreigner through the market place as he admired the culture all around him, what a pity he had to die on such a gorgeous day. The plan was simple enough, Farrah pretended to be robbed, let the man save her, sweep her off her feet and then before he even knew what happened, she would slit his throat and collect the money. A simple task for the pretty girl, now all she had to do was execute it perfectly.

As she stood a short distance from the handsome blonde man. She set the plan into motion by picking up a vase, causing her older brother, dressed as a thug to twist her arm. She squealed in fake pain as he stole the vase from her and pretended to rob her. She made a scene, locking eyes with her target. Her eyes pleaded for his help as she batted the doe eyed look she made. Men often called her bambi for her dashingly innocent look and pouty lips that often eluded men to her wills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trevor using his English name was comfortably wandering through shops looking for small treasures. This city in his opinion was a wonderful place for adventure with the mixing cultures brought together by the central location for trade routes. He had taken the time to actually learn Arabic, it was in his nature to be very gifted with languages.

Across the alley, at another shop, he heard her cry. It should be known that Trevor is very much a ladies man. In addition, he holds to an affectation of being a gentleman. So ignoring the cry was never an option. It was the perfect honey baited trap.

He moved quickly towards her, drawing a dagger from his boot. He disliked guns generally and thought that perhaps it wasn't socially the right thing here. His sword, for now remained sheathed. It was a special blade. Made in his home in Asgard of metals not found on earth. He would not sully it with common street thieves.

He prepared to throw the dagger at the street thief while approaching the pair.

@Violet

Farrah Roslyn
afshan-azad-5.png

Farrah could almost smile at how easy the man came to her defense, if only he knew how foolish he looked to the thieves. In truth, Farrah was one of the most hostile fighters in their band of thieves. It was hard to be a woman among a cult of hash men. But Farrah never lost her princess entitlement, it was as if the royalty in her blood drove her personality. Though it was all an unknown history to her.

The man pulled the dagger out as if to aim it at her brother, so Farrah pretended to be wounded. Falling gracefully into his arms, perfectly playing the damsel in distress role. She looked up at the man, locking his eyes on hers, as her brother got away. "Thank you for saving me.." She spoke, her voice low and her english obviously tainted with the thick Arabian accent. "I owe my life to you sir" She spoke again, this time offering her soft smile as she tried to stand but winced as her ankle hit the ground.

Trevor watched as the thief fled the scene. He put the dagger away as he approaches the victim. Wary of native Egyptian opinions of women and their interactions with men, as he gets to her, he re attaches her veil with a small smile. He goes to the side with the apparent injured ankle. Wrapping her arm around his shoulder, he starts to lead her into the shop she was at.

( in Egyptian Arabic, fluently ) "It is no trouble my lady. ( to the shop owner ) Send for a physician please, the lady is hurt. "

Farrah Roslyn
afshan-azad-5.png

Her smile grew slowly at his kindness, a pity he had to die. "You need not speak in Arabic dear, I speak English just as fine. It keeps others out of the conversation as well" She said with a wink as her voice lowered. "You'll learn people here are always ready to learn your secrets." It was true, the arbaic market was never a kind one. "Oh I'm such a klutz, I knew I shouldn't have left by myself" She said, pouting slightly as she rested her fake injury on a nearby stool.

Batting her eyelashes at the foreign man. "Tell me foreigner, what is your name? I feel as though I must properly thank you." Smiling as she offered her hand, "I am Farrah." Her eyes lowering from his in a sign of respect. It wasn't as if Farrah had a grudge against the man, not in the slightest. Truthfully, he had offended someone else enough that the bounty on his head was just too much for Farrah's family to resist. She wondered what the handsome man had done in his lifetime to acquire such an enemy.

Trevor helped her to the stool, watching her and listening to her reply. Something about the woman tickled his senses, the back of his mind.

The unabashedly nosy store owner sent a boy to fetch a doctor. He continued to watch and listen to the couple, of course he spoke some English.

"I am called Trevor Newly my Lady Farrah"