Looks at your post OwO what's this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Excuse me would you like to don-" the man hurriedly walked off, not daring even to make eye contact with the nun, but blatant avoidance didn't discourage her. Instead, she took a deep breath and marched off, heading back to the church only to swing its heavy doors open, not even sparing a second to greet the Sister that welcomed her back.

"Anise," she sighed following after the hot-blooded girl "Do you really believe that using the name of the church will help you receive donations for the revolution?"

"Well apparently not!" she exclaimed throwing down her headpiece onto her bed, a mess of chestnut brown hair falling out from under it "Clearly God is punishing me for wanting to support the revolution."

"Child, it may just be he's punishing you for using the church for such matters."

Anise pressed her lips together and began to quickly change out of her clothing into a common woman's clothing and secured a bonnet over her head, not bothering to tuck in the ponytail back under the bonnet. She didn't want to hear what else the sister had to say and hurried out, wishing her the best on the way out. She would continue asking for support and later visit one of the camps and see if any help was needed. "Excuse me, sir?" She asked in a falsely timid voice "Would you like to help in support of America's Indepence?"

Candide was in town personally for no other reason than to feed. He was sick of deathly slaves and nubile, although scrawny, maids. Candide had been looking for his prey, when a piece of fresh meat walked right up to him! Candide looked her dead in the eyes, his eyes that terrified so many, fished a coin out of the secret pocket that holds his currency. A copper, the least amount of money, just enough to get you a cheap mince pie, if Candide still needed to stoop that low to eat, if Candide even needed to eat at all.

"here, little girl, take a copper, I can't have the cutpurses on my bad side." Candide knew, from the fiery wash out pride he was feeling from this girl was enough to keep her coming, or at least he hoped, manipulation was always a risky business. "But I'm no man that you would like for an enemy, *darling.*" he stressed the darling, flashing his pearly whites and his pale purplish gums, a deep contrast to his bloody red lips.

Candide walked away, smug, and sure she'd follow, when he heard what the foolish street vendor had whispered to the little girl.

" Now young'un, y'ud der bes-ta keep 'way from that man. He may look approacherbel, but that red streak ain't rose petals."

How had rumors spread that quickly? Candide had went at least several dozen miles, a few days travel by carriage, but a few minutes travel by foot for Candide's nimble body.

Candide almost dropped his umbrella in rage. He stepped over to the vendor, and said, over clenched teeth.
"My good man, if you wish to sully my good name, I would wish you the courtesy of saying it to my face. For the simple reason that I own the very land that you work, live, and SLEEP on!" Candide almost flew toward the man, the first spreader of rumors in this tiny town, and gave him a hard slap with the thin flat of his rapier, causing a thin line of blood to drip, Candide balked, and almost lost control, but he stepped away fast, with a simple warning to the vendor, and the arm of the small girl who he had planned on degrading and feeding upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.