So long, and thanks for all the fish.
- Invitation Status
- Looking for partners
- Posting Speed
- One post per day
- Multiple posts per week
- Online Availability
- Afternoons and evenings
- Writing Levels
- Preferred Character Gender
- Modern, Drama, Fantasy, Dystopia - would like to try Horror
I’m Pomp and I’ve been an active roleplayer for at least seven years now. I’m here because I want to explore other platforms and find a more diverse group of long-term roleplay partners.
Note — I am currently a Bluestar.
Note: I prefer F x M roleplays, and usually I like to play the male. I can play female characters, but usually my male characters are a lot more thought-out.
- General — I like when characters may be in different social or economic circumstances but have similar personal struggles that help shake down those differences.
- Rulers & Outlaws: Both focus on power and an ideal world but one is inside the system and one is outside. The ruler uses order while the outlaw uses chaos to achieve their independent goals.
- Intrapersonal characters paired with interpersonal characters in terms of goals. For example, one seeks social harmony while the other seeks harmony within.
- Examples above are from this page, which has a few more character dynamics that I find compelling!
- Romance — Roleplays don’t necessarily have to be focused on romance from the get-go for me. I will follow whatever suits the characters, whatever naturally develops. I really like forming romantic relationships between characters, but I hate forcing them. In this case I might ask to plan romantic development, but I do like surprises. I rarely roleplay sexual content, and if I do, it is not the focus of any of my roleplays.
- Archetypes— Any pairing where the values of one challenge the values of the other, or the relationship of two fated characters is challenged.
- Caregiver & Seducer
- Leader & Wildcard
- Professor & Wildcard
- Professor & Seducer
- Childhood Friends Reunited
- Overworked OC & Compassionate OC
I like combining ideas with whatever anyone else has got, so none of these are concrete preferences, just ideas!
- Modern-day world, with a twist on reality. That twist would be a secret held by OCs in the roleplay and the fantastical plot would progress in combination with developments in the real world. Since this is pretty vague, the specifics of the twist would be further discussed!
- Europe in the World War II era
- England from 1900-1945, with a focus on the aristocracy.
- A rural, impoverished environment in the modern-day world
- A world outside of one OC’s time, maybe in the future or the past — some sort of mistake in time travel.
- Moral Dilemmas
- Law & Injustice
- High Fantasy
- Dark Suspense
- Fantasy (Incorporated into the above)
- Mystery (Incorporated into the above)
- Romance (Incorporated into the above)
Note on Fandoms
I’m not involved in any fandoms that would be relevant to roleplay and I prefer to make up a world specifically for the roleplay. I might take a little inspiration from movies I watch or books I read, but other than that I prefer to keep things original.
Reply Length and Content
- My reply length — I am working on refining my writing skills, so I will be writing two or three paragraphs per reply. I'm somewhat of a minimalist about it, though, and if I can condense an idea, then I most certainly will. I love character development, so even if I include quite a bit of action to further the roleplay, I will always incorporate its effects on my character into the content of the reply.
- Partner reply length — I'll probably restate this often, but I'm a very adaptable roleplay partner. I'm in it for the long haul. I prefer a minimum of one detailed paragraph per reply, but beyond that, it's up to you.
- My reply content — I focus primarily on character development, secondarily on plot development, and on worldbuilding if the roleplay calls for it (which it often does). My replies will consist heavily of the effects an environment or scenario has on my OC, and the action I include will likely be in the last section of my reply to further the plot. I also enjoy using dialogue when it's appropriate, although I prefer not to use it as the sole way of expressing my OC's thoughts. In fact, there will be many cases where I will not show my OC's internal thoughts to mimic the uncertainty in reality's interactions.
- Partner reply content — Beyond a focus on character and plot development, once again, it's up to you! I'm here to explore, and I'm very adaptable to other people's writing styles and preferences.
- Note: I do require consistent and correct use of grammar and spelling in a roleplay partner. Anything less usually subtracts from immersion, which I value very highly.
Etiquette & Commitment
- I like to flesh out worlds and characters over long periods of time, so I'm looking for roleplayers who do the same. Generally, this requires a higher level of commitment.
- Please let me know if something specific impacts your usual reply schedule, like a vacation. I'm usually pretty patient and understanding—if you aren't comfortable sharing details, you do not have to by any means. Just letting me know that replies will be delayed is enough for me!
That's it for me. Shoot me a DM if you're interested; I'm eager to find roleplay partners! ☺