1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Historical fiction, low fantasy, romance, mystery, horror
Hey all! I'm Kiley, a simple gay college student just trying to find a writing partner. I've recently returned to Iwaku after a while away due to school, jobs, internships, etc. I'm still a very busy person, but I've been getting back into writing and I really miss roleplaying! So here I am asking for one or two long term 1x1 partners to write (and be friends) with! I mostly prefer using PMs, but am willing to use a thread if necessary.

[ EXPECTATIONS ]
Here are things I'm looking for in a long term 1x1 partner, in terms of both activity and actual content.

• Communication → I'm busy. You're busy. We're all busy. In terms of time commitment, I'm not asking for much; I'll probably be able to post a few times a week at most, maybe once a day once my course load lightens up after midterms. However, I do really appreciate having a solid OOC relationship or at least a line of communication with my 1x1 partners. We can keep an OOC thread in PMs or simply chat through iMessage, Twitter, or Tumblr DMs, so long as we're comfortable sharing those forms of communication. I tend to like being friends with the people I write with, meaning we'd probably share our numbers/social media regardless. It helps to stay in touch about stuff going on in our lives outside Iwaku so we can be more patient with each other's rate of posting!
  • Writing level → I consider myself an adept/advanced writer, and I would prefer someone within the same/similar range! As for post length, I'm not picky; posts can be anywhere between two paragraphs to ten paragraphs depending on what's going on in the story. In terms of the actual content, a solid grasp on grammar & syntax is preferred.
  • Romance → While I love genre fiction of all sorts, when it comes to roleplay, relationships drive the story for me. I would love to write anything horror, fantasy, or historical fiction, but the focus of the storyline should be character development and the development of a relationship (romantic or platonic, healthy or unhealthy) between two or several characters. When it comes to romantic pairings, I am only really comfortable writing MxM and FxF, and I lean a bit more towards MxM. I can play MxF if necessary, but it is unlikely to be my primary focus in writing.
  • Age → I prefer writing with 18+ writers. I will likely never do sex-focused roleplay, and if any smut scenes do come up in the story it probably won't get too detailed, but I simply prefer writing with people around my age or older, particularly when those topics do come up.
  • Location → Like I said above, I prefer writing through PMs but I am willing to do a thread if it's what you're more comfortable with.

[ PLOTS ]
Well, really, "plots". I don't have any fleshed-out plotlines that I'm hoping to fulfill, so here are just some keywords/seeds of ideas for things that I'd be interested in, separated by genre. I'm totally willing to combine anything from any of the lists, and if you have an idea that isn't on here, I'd love to hear it!

• Historical Fiction
    • Eras: Victorian era, Edwardian era, any decade in the 20th century
    • Ideas: forbidden love, royalty, heritage, war (home fronts), family drama, prohibition, repression, escapism, love letters, longing, drama, death, marriage, expectations, class issues, activism, adventure
  • Fantasy
    • Genres: Low fantasy, urban fantasy, magical realism, anything involving fairies, goblins, witches, or forests
    • Ideas: adventure, magic, witchcraft, forest, family, found family, slow-burn romance, war, refuge, fantasy religion, school/education, underground, star-crossed lovers, historical fantasy, mythology, strange creatures, worldbuilding
  • Horror
    • Genres: realistic or supernatural
    • Ideas: suspense, murder mystery, historical setting, campy, trains, hotels, forests, vampires, monsters, mythology, friend groups, death, plot twists, red herrings, haunted houses, spirits, ghosts
  • I'm also always down for some good old-fashioned realistic fiction, without any elements of the above genres!
That's all I have for now! So if you're interested in being long-term 1x1 partners, writing advanced/adept roleplays that center mainly around romance/relationships but have plenty of other plot, and you're comfortable mostly writing MxM and occasionally FxF, hit me up! You can respond to this thread or message me through PMs, and if you do, let me know if you have any ideas!

IMG_0107.jpg