Living with a Snake Demon

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was ready to pounce on him the moment he sat down, but she restrained herself as soon as Hisao began to tell his tall tale.

She let out an unfettered, husky laugh, "Your uncle lives in Sanadu? A human?"

She burst out into more laughter, "I have no idea what this postcard you speak of is, but it is no wonder you have not received one. Any human would be dead the moment they stepped foot in our domain!"

She leaned towards him till he could feel her breath tickle his skin, with an expression dripping with vanity.

"If he ever came to Sanadu, it is very likely I would have had the pleasure of eating him myself. I would have devoured him till he was nothing but a pile of fleshless bones." She spoke in a low, sultry voice, almost threatening with her predatory grin and the slow, hungry, sweep of her tongue across her lips... Then she defused any sense of terror she engendered with another long, throaty chortle as she fell backwards and sunk into the couch. Despite all she'd said, she seemed almost childlike.

"Ahhh... I never knew humans could be so amusing. If he truly came to live there, you can think me and my kind for ridding you of him."

She then latched on to him like a child clinging inseperably to its parent. There was a gleeful expression on her face as soon as she made contact. At first she merely grabbed his arm. But she quickly expressed dissatisfaction and maneuvered to coil around him. She wrapped tightly around his torso with her arms and legs, as if he were prey trapped by a constrictor.

"Mmmm.... I never knew humans could be so delightful to touch. It is like basking in the warm light of the sun." She cooed as she rubbed her cheek against his chest, "I am pleased I decided not to devour you like I did your uncle."

Hisao frowned as he realized his lie had apparently been seen through. He had to admit, the things she was saying were rather... dark, to say the least. After listening to her loud laughter, he started to doubt that this was just the shock talking. In any case, it was clear that he hadn't yet fully grasped the lore of this 'other world' she spoke of, but he could make assumptions. Thinking about what he'd heard thus far, he formulated a counter-lie in his defense.

He was just about to reply when she grabbed his arm tightly, surprising him somewhat, before moving to wrap her arms and legs around him. Unsure how to react, Hisao let out a weak chuckle and simply let her do as she pleased. His heartbeat began to quicken as she rubbed her cheek against him, the cold of her body sending yet another chill through his body. Despite being in a heated room, she was still as quite cold; a fact that worried him somewhat.

The woman was acting like a child, seeming totally unaware of the strangeness of her actions. Though, it was clear that she was only doing this for warmth, which she seemed in great need of. Deciding that letting her do as she pleased was the best course of action, he resorted to continuing with their odd conversation.

A smug smile spread across Hisao's face. "Aha! I never said my uncle was human," he said. "In fact... my uncle was an Invisiman! An invisible man!"

He gestured towards the window with his hand. "Don't believe me? Just look outside. The streets are empty, right? Think again. There's actually a crowd of Invisimen out there! Our world is full of 'em. Not your kind nor mine can see, hear, touch, or smell them. And they probably taste like nothing, anyway."

With this, he hoped to trap the woman. From what Hisao could tell, she claimed to know next to nothing of 'this world'. So, naturally, she shouldn't have any way of denying what he'd said. To deny it, she would need to be of 'this world' because only regular people would know there was no such thing as 'Invisimen'. If she had enough common sense left to realize the contradiction, she might break out of her delusion. At least, that's what he was hoping for...

Status
Not open for further replies.