Lightning Bolt!

R

RecAgenda

Original poster
Behold! I have brought a doughnut: :donut:

I've been PbP role playing for nearly... God, how long has it been, now? Ten years? Is that it? I'm getting up there, aren't I?!

Since I'm a control freak, you'll mostly find me GM'ing stories rather than joining them. Don't take offense to that or anything, it's just how I've always RP'd. I get an idea and I want to share it, and rarely do I venture into someone else's imagination (I guess I'm shy). The stories I write and (maybe) join all have a modern air to them, even the fantasies. Science fiction is definitely a favorite of mine, especially those that draw from Orwellian concept.

Some authors that have inspired my writing are: Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald (anyone seen the new Gatsby movie?), C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Ayn Rand, George Orwell, and a few others. So yeah, I'm a sucker for the classics and intellectuals (which my own ego would count myself a member of).

Other than reading the classics, however, I get an equal amount of muse from listening to underground music falling in the new age and glitch genres. Dubstep? Not really a fan of the grungy/industrial feel, but drum step and glitch hop is a different story. Mainstream, overplayed crap on the radio, however, has nearly become poison to my ears. I often find myself tuning the station over to some classic rock. The Eagles, I believe, blow Chris Brown out of the water. And their gold isn't something that Lil' Wayne can taint with his "remix, babe"'s.

That's all you get to know about me for now. So yeah... nice site. And I like how these posts have an auto-save function, how cool is that?!

Hey ho! I'm Lev! Welcome to Iwaku, @RecAgenda ! There's a lot of weird, interesting, calculating, eccentric, outgoing, cool, and spontaneous people here!

There's a variety of things here, not just roleplay! Chat or expand your repertoire with the many guides and see everyone's new and individual perspectives on just about anything!

Don't be afraid to ask questions about the site or make suggestions to improve it! Except don't ask me, cause I'm an asshole.

Have fun you unwelcome newb.

#facetious #bizzarehumor #pleasedontbeoffended #reallyafriendlyguy

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Lev! I'm sure there's ample room for me here. Off I go to propose an idea for a modern fantasy.

Welcome! Do you ever Roleplay one on one? I'm always more than willing to step out of my box and into someone else's world, so PM me if you ever want to try out an idea!

I also LOOOVE Tolkein and C.S. Lewis; I learned to read on the Chronicles of Narnia: my sister would take turns reading a page, and then helping me read the next one; she also turned me on to Lord of the Rings, which is what turned me from 'I like reading' to total bookworm. When the movies came out she took me to see all of them, and afterwards we'd have an elvish lesson!

I love Classic rock as well (Bon Jovi, Credence, Eagles and Tom Petty!), are we twins or something?!

Welcome to Iwaku!

Thanks for the welcome, Minibit, and I think I'll take you up on your offer. Expect a PM from me soon.

• Love
Reactions: Minibit
Welcome to Iwaku, Monsieur RecAgenda. Hope you enjoy yer stay!

Wait, Ayn Rand and Tolkien? *looks questioningly at person*

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah, I know. XD

I don't completely agree with Rand's objectivist philosophy, nor her politics, but I there are some things she says through her character John Galt in Atlas Shrugged that really caught my attention (her argument about volitional consciousness is one of them). She's coocoo, but the kind of coocoo that intrigues me all the more.

Reactions: RiverNotch