Let's play with Alice in Wonderland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

matryoshka

Original poster
I've an idea for an Alice in Wonderland RP, tell me if you're interested. Then we'll develop the character forms and suchlike here.
Here's the gist:

Wonderland had always been weird and wonderful, for its inhabitants a place perfect for crazy capering, and magic always abounded. The magic was what kept everybody's wonder at the world intact, because not even the most well-versed sorceresses and warlocks could understand or control the mysterious power underlying everything. Even if the people faced unhappiness they never felt like the world was dreary, that life was pointless.
But now, frightening legends were spreading like wildfire, too fast to be completely curbed by the efforts of the Queen of Hearts. Everywhere, it was being said that the Age of Order is approaching. When nothing would happen that couldn't be explained by fundamental laws. Everything would follow rules. Everything would be 'ordinary'. Life as the inhabitants of Wonderland knew it, would be transformed- and not in a good way.
Some people said that the Queen of Hearts, who was currently ruling, would establish the Age of Order by the end of her rule. These people were swiftly executed by lopping off their heads. In these days when the citizens should have been treasuring the last days of the Age of Wonder, they were instead despairing. Their only hope was that the legends that sprung up in answer to those about the approaching Age of Order were true: Someone called Alice would traverse a dark portal to reach them. She would lead them in a revolution to overthrow the Queen of Hearts before she could muster enough power to curse the land with Order. The Age of Wonder would be saved.

I'd like it to be semi-lit guys. All that means is I want you to watch your spelling and grammar, and post at least a paragraph at a time.
Definitely I feel character forms are needed. Well-developed characters would be great for this kind of RP. We'll develop them here, and if this becomes an RP we'll post them on the main thread too!

Any questions guys? Do you think this would be your thing? Let's totally bounce ideas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's brainstorm characters!! I don't want any original characters, let's take characters from the canon (both the original Alice in Wonderland and its sequel, Through the Looking Glass) and rework them. I've already developed the character form of The Queen of Hearts, who I so want to play, so I'm putting it here to show you the format of the form, and the stuff I want the scoop on regarding your character.

|profile 1: THE QUEEN OF HEARTS|
Username:
matryoshka
Character Name: Zefanya
Designation: The Queen of Hearts
Personality: Passionate, ambitious, impatient, cautious and doesn't readily trust people. Has very strong opinions and ideals that she will defend at any cost. Afraid of romantic love. Values efficiency and productivity.
Appearance:
XCW7UQWHjIY.jpg

Bio: She was born the daughter of her father's fourth wife. She grew up watching her mothers in constant conflict due to jealousy, always vying for the King's favours. They shared his bed and wealth but could never grab his heart and win his love so completely that he stopped acquiring new wives for them. Zefanya resolved that she would marry a crown prince, and make sure he wouldn't even want another wife- and in this she succeeded. Her marriage with the King of Hearts was perfect for her- he disliked the affairs of state and worshiped her. Effectively, she was the one ruling the kingdom.
Likes & Dislikes: Likes efficiency, things getting done quick and properly, eating healthy food in large quantities, people who fight their way up. Dislikes meat, extreme heat and humidity, bad hygiene, clumsiness, gambling, repression, discrimination, dismissal of someone without giving them a chance.
Extras: She doesn't like cooking, except for baking tarts. She likes making the crust heart-shaped and filling rose-essenced jam in the middle. She has a constant craving for them. (She's also in love with the Knave of Hearts, but suppresses it very well, because she thinks venturing into love is like a moth flitting into a flame. Plus she's quite fond of her husband.)

I've developed Alice's character form too actually, tell me if you want to see it.

The character spots I think should be available are:
The Mad Hatter
The Duchess
The Mock Turtle and the Gryphon
Cheshire Cat
King of Hearts
Knave of Hearts
Red Queen
White Queen
Humpty Dumpty

The ones I haven't mentioned would become NPCs. Tell me if you think anything should be different.

profile 2: The Knave of Hearts
Username: Loxley
Character Name: Bernard de Saint-Omer
Designation: The Knave of Hearts, alias the Scarecrow
Personality: Quiet, introverted, courageous, kindhearted but with an edge of ruthlessness when he needs it.
Appearance:

2yzihz6.jpg

The Knave of Hearts disguised as the Scarecrow

True appearance

Bio: The Knave of Hearts was raised to be the bodyguard of the Royal Family, as had been the case with his family's descendants for hundreds of years. He, like his father, was taught to fight, and fight well. The perfect gentleman, he was chivalrous, polite, and never spoke too much. In fact, very often someone would say he spoke too little, as often he believed it was better to say too little than too much. But his loyalty to the royal family remained beyond questioning.

Then, rumors began to spread that times were changing. A prophecy of sorts spoke of the arrival of a young woman to the Wonderland, who would end the Age of Wonders. Trouble came in the form of unrest. It was in the shadow of this that one day, the Knave of Hearts disappeared mysteriously.Nobody knew where he had gone, or why he had disappeared. Some say he had fled his duties, others that he had been murdered, or that he had gone to join the rebels. But nobody truly knew, not even the Royal Family themselves.

In truth, he left behind his former life as bodyguard of the Royal Family to find out the truth of the prophecies and rumors spreading, for himself. He donned the disguise of the Scarecrow, a mysterious gunslinger dressed like a scarecrow, traveling the Wonderland helping those in need, and banishing those who would seek to harm others. All the while, the trouble of the times they lived in grew worse, and the Knave of Hearts sought answers for his Queen, as always to protect her and her husband from those that would do them harm. As was his duty.

Likes & Dislikes: Likes fun and laughter, children, nature, solace, and good music, food and drinks, and of course, good company. Dislikes corruption and penalism, lies and deceit, and people who would harm others to further their own goals.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Hey, thank you! I saw your post yesterday actually, but when I logged in I had my theme set to 'SNEAK PEEK', and your text is white so it looked like you'd just uploaded two pictures. I'm pretty new here and... yeah, it took me a whole bloody day to puzzle it out... sorry :blush: :banghead:

Your Knave is very interesting. And adorable :) I wanna start the RP already, so I can find out more about him. Did he ever question his life being decided for him by tradition? Does he have any vice at all, any quirks?
Do you think this could work as a 1x1? (Okay. Bad question. Impatience is my vice.)

Anyway, here's Alice's profile! What do you think?

Username: matryoshka
Character Name: Alice Liddell
Personality: Dreamy, philosophical, restless, aloof, artistic. Thirsty for adventure. Costantly wanting to escape reality. Likes attempting to thin-slice people, and analyse them as she gets to know them.
Appearance:
img-thing

Bio: She was brought up with few stories available, apart from fairy tales. However she and her sisters often went to a man called Mr Dodgson, a mathematician who was once involved in the clergy, and he told them crazy, delightful tales. He wrote her stories for Christmas in which she was the heroine, exploring a quaint place called Wonderland. It made her long to live her life as spontaneously and wonderfully as in the stories, and wish she could live her life off the beaten track and have adventures.
Likes & Dislikes: Likes nature and open spaces, fantasy, contemplating ideas on philosophy and psychology, art, stories and literature. Dislikes dull daily grind, closed or congested spaces, narrow-minded people, the feeling of being alive but not living.
Extras: She has a pet rabbit. She likes him in an indulgent way but takes him for granted. She doesn't know he's no ordinary rabbit, but is soon to find out ;)

I like her profile! No doubt it will be interesting to see her interact with the Knave. XD

Ido think we should just start it as a regular roleplay and let othwrs join in if they want to. And I shall update the Knave's profile with some suitable quirks. As for questioning his purpose or being raised into this life, not from the beginning, but maybe he will in the coming time when meeting with Alice. XD

An updated profile? YAY!
So it's gonna be a sort of jump-in until all the character spots are filled... (Okay ignore that, just me being paradoxical. Or nonsensical. XD I get your what you mean, and it's a perfect idea for this RP :)
It's kind of a pity though, because you know the flood scene in the original? When she meets the mouse and Dodo and all? I was planning on a scene like that to start off the RP with all the major RP characters conveniently in the flood, and her swimming around meeting them and stuff. (Your knave would be the guy who heroically rescues the lot of them xD)
But whatever. That wasn't the only idea I was excited about, so I'm not too disappointed :bouncy:

Hey, sorry for the delay in response. I don't have a laptop during the weekends, only a tablet, so I have problems getting on and roleplaying at those times.

Anyways, awesomeness! I shall begin working on a post. :D

Profile 3: The mad hatter
Username: Kakra
Character name: Mary Hatter
Personality:carzy,cheerful,quiet,tomboy
Appears:
Red-hair-anime-girl_1024x768.jpg

Wears:
mh.jpg

Bio: was a dancer until one day.When her father die.She took his place.
Likes&Dislikes:Likes tea,having guest,sweets,her hat.Dislikes: Red queen,seeing people die
Extras: Likes people calling her mad hatter not her name. She is the mad hatter daughter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Username: Kakra
Character name: Boris Cheshire
Personality:sneaky,helpful
Appears:
5103465-256-k47631.jpg

Bio: lost family,been watching over
Likes&Dislikes: Likes beaning pet,the mad hatter hat.Dislikes: people pull his tail,eating cat food
Extras: can disappear,act like a cat (sometimes)

Status
Not open for further replies.