1. Multiple posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Douche
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Romance, GOT
Hi there, everyone...

I'm just here to promote one idea because I'm very sad that Iwaku staff changed this since I've been gone but...

Lets re-introduce PNG avatars again...

I love my avatars and I have this struggle with every singe website I join that has special requirements for avatars ranging from size to file type all the way to the hosting site if it's from a url... But I think the worst crime ever is to not allow users to use png file-type for their avatars at all!

As for myself, I use it mostly to add a minimalistic flare to some avatars while some of them get a relief style bordered look. I LOVE doing my own avatar work but not having the option of using png to upload kindof limits me!

We do allow PNG format, though. Mine right now is PNG, and it's even stated in our policies that JPG, GIF, and PNG are the accepted formats. =D Yay!

Reactions: Katori
Where is this option, because I tried for like... TWO HOURS and I even checked to see if something was wrong with my image size, but nowhere is there an option to upload in PNG, and the site automatically changed my PNG format to JPG when I uploaded my avatars... So..........

EDIT:

You can CLEARLY see that THIS image is PNG, and my avi is jpg...

EDIT AGAIN:

Sorry, I was wrong, I just noticed that you guys have a white base where your avatars go instead of having a translucent avatar area, you frame it with a white backdrop... *sigh* my dreams are shattered. God... Save me...

Last edited:
Where is this option, because I tried for like... TWO HOURS and I even checked to see if something was wrong with my image size, but nowhere is there an option to upload in PNG, and the site automatically changed my PNG format to JPG when I uploaded my avatars... So..........

EDIT:

You can CLEARLY see that THIS image is PNG, and my avi is jpg...
It works for me. Your avatar has a blue background on my layout, which means it's transparent. Even if it says it's a .jpg, it's working like a .png.

Yeah, I just noticed that... I edited my reply.

I see that it IS a png image but the thing is, the website creates a colored backdrop... I'd hoped it would be black and fade into the rest of the webpage and be super fancy because it's super fun to do that, but I guess not. >.<

On my screen your avatar has a black back drop :3 But I agree, the fact the backdrop is dictated by the accent colors instead of the background colors is super annoying when you want to make an avatar transparent v.v And also impractical e.e I mean everyone is going to see something different no matter what, but if you're doing a color check, it's easier to do it with the four or five backgrounds than the infinite amount of possibilities the accent colors offer .-.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Lylith
One solution might be to give the image a black background in Photoshop (or whatever program you're using) and upload it as that. It'll create a sort of fake transparency -- for black-background users, anyway. Users with different-colored backgrounds will just see the black as being part of the avatar.

Still, I think it would work fairly well for that smokey look that you're going for.

I'm just sad that everyone can't enjoy my level of artistic talent, and partake of my brilliance... =[

*snickers* :applause:

Status
Not open for further replies.