Let The Newbie Taste Testing Commence

• Thread starter Cortexiphan Girl
  • Start date
C

Cortexiphan Girl

Original poster
A warm hello to everyone!

I'm very excited to be introducing myself. Okay, not entirely - introductions are awkward - how much info is too much, or not enough. How many smiley faces are overkill vs. what if I don't get the TONE OF MY VOICE ACROSS? See? Exactly. Either way, I won't take up too much of your time!

I'm Athena - or to those select few who migrated from a different roleplaying forum, I am the one known as Lilaiy ;) However, I chose Athena as my user name - It's kind of a mixture of my love for myths and legends and my utter obsession with Battlestar Galactica! Yeah... I have a necklace that says "Frak", you can smile at me now.

Anywho, most of the roleplaying I've done has been fantasy-type roleplaying; the necromancer being one of my favorite roles to run with. I'd really love to try non-magic roleplays though; dystopian futures, disintegrating humanity, guns, survival - you know, Earth in a few years. ;)

As for a little about me - I'm a full time college student. I have two semesters left AND I CAN'T WAIT. I also make wire and clay jewelry as a hobby. It's extremely fun and I've been on a huge Hunger Games inspiration kick lately. Thank the gods that people are as crazy about those books as I am and are purchasing them or I wouldn't know what to do with my stash!

So - that's a little taste of the newbie. Nibble a bit, the after-taste may get better. Introduce yourself! Give me a friendly wave - I'd really appreciate it :) I was also recommended to the site by Mid... though I don't know her user name on here. So make sure you say hi, or I will have to plot your torture and imminent demise. xoxo

-Athena

Its nice to meet you Athena
*slaps Kratos before he attacks*
Welcome to Iwaku and I hope you enjoy your stay ^^
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm quite busy ^^

Awwww! You just came across adorabley awkward <33
Welcome to Iwaku! I'm Celest ^.^
If you need anything don't be scared to ask.

Thanks for the quick hello, Tenchi. And for keeping whomever or whatever Kratos is at bay! I'm sure I owe you one.

Evenin' Celest! Thanks for the welcome :)

...hm... *SKIPS TASTE TESTING AND EATS THE WHOLE NEWBIE!*

ahahaha! I mean... uhm... welcome to the community, when you get out of my tummy! 8D

Tasting the newbie is always great fun!
You seem to have a lovely bouquet.
Haha~ Creepery statements aside, welcome!
I'm Kitti and it's nice to meet you.

To help you navigate the site, I have some roleplay helpful links:
Since you're new to us, I have a couple roleplay important links for you, to help you find your way around quickly:
This is where you can sign up for the roleplays found in Modern, Scifi, Fantasy, and sometimes Mature. Generally, they will have you post a character sheet in their thread, a new sheet for each roleplay! You can also start signups for a roleplay of your own here.

This is where you can find jump in games, which typically have no sign up thread. You just start posting!

If you need help with anything, please feel free to ask!

Welcome to this magical place call Iwaku, Atheny! I am Raimy or Rina, whichever D: I'm sure you will like it here! Everyone is friendly and very cooperative ^-^

Ha ha, thanks Diana! Your digestive track is stunning? :D

Your creepy statements are always welcome, Kitti! Thanks for the friendly hello and those helpful links!

Thanks Raimy :) I can already tell the atmosphere here is most superb!

You are very welcome Atheny ^-^

You taste like purple.

and cheese.

Welcome.

Purple and cheese! That's a first! Thanks for the welcome Marionette :)

I've tried looking a few different places, can anyone direct me towards and explanation of the ranking system? (For example, to go from you-could-be-a-spam-bot to new member, 6 forum posts were required. I'm just wondering what the requirements are from newbie to regular member! Thanks in advance!)

Hmmm not really sure i think it just happens after a week or two of activity. Also hello im the resident overlord Laharl.

*bites your shoulder*

Hmmm not so much a purple more of an orangey smoothie esque taste.

Oh sweet, thank you!

Mmmm... now I'm craving an orange julius............ *droooools*

Oooohbby I might just like that last bit ;D

Just a heads up, Dash is making a Scifi rp which I have no choice to but to join and therefore you must join...so YEAH! :D And hai <3

I was trying to test out the chatting area, and I wanted to see - is the chat suppose to flash like a... white strobe-ish light every time someone posts? I'm using Google Chrome, so I don't know if it's just a browser issue or if it is suppose to be like that?

Welcome to Iwaku! I'm October nice to meet you : ) Glad you decided to join, in a sea of RP sites we stand alone with layers and layers of awesomeness!

I was trying to test out the chatting area, and I wanted to see - is the chat suppose to flash like a... white strobe-ish light every time someone posts? I'm using Google Chrome, so I don't know if it's just a browser issue or if it is suppose to be like that?

I'm not sure if that is a browser issue or not. I use Firefox and it does that to me too sometimes.

WHITE FLASH IN THE CBOX.

Yes.
It flashes for me when it refreshes itself.
I use Google Chrome.