Languages! Real World and our own?!

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
I like writing, so naturally I really like languages too... Sadly I can't speak more than English, though in some things I can recognize a lot of words. (if you watch a lot of anime you start picking stuff up. ò,ó ) I'll prolly never get around to learning a second language like I want, BUT I do definitely want to create my own language for a world one day.

Can YOU speak more than one language?

Have you ever wanted to create your own language and/or are you creating one riiiight now?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dvyniai
I have a degree in linguistics and I absolutely LOVE learning new languages. Unfortunately, I'm only fluent in English and in French. I've studied Japanese, Spanish, Italian, ASL and a bunch of other languages for a year or two at a time, but I'm only barely conversational in most of them.

I've tried my hand at making languages before, but I always go a bit overboard with all the details. One thing I've never been able to do though was create a solid, original writing system, pfft. I always tend to go for working with the Latin alphabet, but I definitely want to attempt to create something else someday.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dvyniai
i am NOWHERE near fluent yet but i'm trying rn to learn korean!! i want to study abroad in south korea and be able to at least hold a basic conversation so i gotta hurry my butt up. i also want to learn russian, and asl some day too!!

i've dabbled in creating languages for roleplays and stories but i've never attempted to make a full one sjakdhjsahd. it's hard D: for my roleplay the outlands though, i tried to create a system for the words i created, which was kinda fun!!