Varies, but often.
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
OOC Discord - IC - Lore Dump

Greetings and welcome to Kimetsu no Yaiba; Journey to the West, from out interest check HERE.

Kimetsu no Yaiba; Journey to the West.

It is the late 1920's to early 1930's, the "Demon" Muzan is dead and the Slayers are now without purpose, their duty done and the modernization of Japan is in full swing. What schools of the breathing styles which are left are deep underground and in the Rural areas as public backlash against them builds. China is a chaotic mess, Japan has made inroads in Asia and the Soviet Union is entering the first years of the Rule of Stalin, as America comes to love the Radio. The world is progressing. Vampires, Demons, ghosts, swords, they possessions of fools and the past. Myths of a bygone era.

However Duty is not yet finished for the Slayers and mysterious figures of Templar orders, the Vatican and China have reached the Japanese shore, seeking out the slayers. Muzan was not the first and nor was he the last. With hostile forces all around and a quickly changing world, hunters of old decide to go out with a final hoorah, a Journey across the old world to remove it's self of the plague, so that these legends will be just that, legends. From the inner reaches of Mongolia to the Castle of Count Dracula, this will be the final crusade. Werewolf, Jiangshi, Devil, Demon, Vampire, it doesn't make a damn, all must fall.

Even should the world not remember these hunters, even should the world hunt them and dismiss them, the threat of things which go bump in the night is very much alive and well. Besides not like the world has any more use of these Relics than it does the monsters.. But it never was about fame was it?

~~~~

Welp, that's it, feel free to sign up, Character Skeleton and Rules will go here. You may also ask your questions here on in our Discord OOC. If your sheet is approved I'll give it some sort of rating, otherwise feel free to join the discord regardless of approved sheet or not. Approved sheets will also be added to the Lore listing.

~~~~

1, This rp will be observing a one post a week minimum, I would like to see more, but I do not expect it. Each post should be at least two paragraphs, please no one liners. I am not a Grammar Nazi, lord knows my own is shit. So long as it's understandable, well, I don't care? Also shit happens, if you can't one week meet a posting period then please inform me or the rp in general.. If however you claim to be busy during that time but are too lazy to change the fact discord shows what games you are playing, then expect a permanent rp black list from me. There are truths, lies and then stupid lies. Please don't be stupid.

2, I encourage interactive rather than reactive roleplay, it is not a must and I have a full plot planned out. However if you would like to take an active hand or have an enemy idea you would like to see then by all means, post in our discord or dm me directly.

3, Co-GM's; given the scope of this RP I will be collecting Co-GM's to aid in the running of this rp should we have a large number of players. On that note, no, I do not have a set number of players in mind, if you want to join then do so. I would like to have one gm or co gm to every 6 players, the story may branch out along "missions" sort of with pc groups being mixed up during each "episode", so it is asked anyone seeking to be a co-gm has an active interest in the project and a willingness to play as a baddy.

4, Player injury and death. This will be discussed in the OOC, as I said in the interest check "play stupid games, win stupid prizes." That being said I have no intention on going full Darwin Awards nitpicking. That being said, droppers will likely have their pc's killed. More details to this will be spoken of among players in the OOC.

5, As we used to say in my younger years in the depot KISS, Keep it Simple, Stupid. In other words with your sheets pay attention to the lore and the general time period, don't try and sneak broken things into the sheet, some new age nonsense or out of this world super weapons and tech. No Drones, no power Armor, no book to summon Cthulhu. Keep to time period weapons of 1928-1932. Also melee weapons are okay.

6, Magic and Weapons. Given a lore happening, the purely "visual" effects of water, wind, fire, etc are now real. Firearms are good at slowing down "demons" and if one has a powerful enough weapon it is possible to outright kill the abominations so to speak, but typically a six shooter or normal rifle will not get the job done on it's own. The head must be fully separated from the body and in some cases the heart must be destroyed as well. Magic as a general rule can reach "anime" levels. Figure the basic spells we see in JRPG's or films, it's unlikely to be city level destruction, so much as beams, golemancy, fireballs and the like. Maybe even magics that have no direct impact per see such as using beasts to see for you or telekinesis. By and large however "Demons" will edge out humans in power and for those with unique genetic or magical abilities, will absolutely curb stomp a human.

7, Demon characters, I may allow a racially demon PC, however there are some rules to be observed in the creation of a demon PC.

- They must not feed on humans. Without exception this seems to cause terrible problems and turns them into a monster. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Blood bags are an option.

- They must be from anywhere else in Eurasia or North America if we reach that far. With the defeat of Muzan, all "Demons" in Japan would have been "cured" or died baring sudden unforeseen changes in the cannon.

- They must be teamed up with, or at least connect to a human from on of the other national factions and the bios might be held to a higher degree of review than a normal hunter. Given how powerful the Demons are and the fact in the Japanese case so far we only know of at least Three that took to not eating humans and in two cases just drank donated blood. "Good" Demons are rare, they might also call themselves what they would be in their home region, Vampire, Dullahan, Jiangshi, etc etc. I am not against such characters but they should be well written.

* In addition to this rule, I'm allowing atm up to two characters per person, if you can be active with them I might allow for more, case by case basis, all you need however is ONE.

8, GM and Co-GM rulings are Final. While I may have a debate and engage with you, if there is an issue that is not acceptable then drop it.

9, Cursing and Romance; I don't mind players "getting it on" so to speak or developing feelings, but please keep it "pg" black screen or DM if you want to swoooon away. As to cursing, I don't give a shit. Just don't type like a Sailor, on the subject of that, while not redstar, this RP will be very violent in parts, you have been warned.

10, Honestly I made this many rules for the fun of it, yeah, that's uh, pretty much it, all other Iwaku rules apply, also, please use common sense. Don't god mod, post as often as you like provided two others have went after your last post or two days have passed, etc, etc.. Ah yes have fun, I hope?

Appearance: Anime or drawing that is anime-ish, try and keep it towards the time period, allowances for deviation is okay, provided it's not too far out there.

Name: Who am I? (Not Jackie Chan)

Race: Human or Demon (type can be listed based on mutation and regional lore)
Nationality: From what lands do you hail, if important you can list ethnicity as well.

Personality: A brief description on what makes your person tick. At least a paragraph however, you may also do this in bullet format with likes and dislikes or a combination of both.

Abilities: See Lore for more information, this will be generalized and there will be two ways of filling this out.

Bio: The small violin playing to your pc's past, why are you some lunatic going around hunting things that don't exist?

Weapons & Gear: Your primary and if applicable secondary weapon. All weapons should be "blessed" or have applicable munitions, see lore for more info. Gear is just Kit you might have that is worth being noted.

Other: want to list a voice, music, features of note not on your image, write a haiku, put something else I may have missed? Alright, challenge accepted.

Last edited:
1570217725973.png
Name: Lian Su
Weight/Height: 112lbs 5'3

Race: Human
Nationality: China

Personality: Has a narrow minded view based on their own persepctive, tireless and a perfectionist she isn't one to have "fun". Highly organized and efficient, she is something of a people person however. Not being above manipulation, she is highly assertive but not one to be the leader so to speak. As with her weapons, her main function is as a supporter. While able to be sentimental, Lian often considers this a weakness and rarely takes the feelings of others into account. In some ways she's a very selfish woman but one not past sharing alcohol with others and a fierce fighter.

Abilities: Red Monarch Breathing Style

With a concept similar to that of the Japanese, Chinese Martial arts had a more refined use of the art, counting either on power or finesse and physical martial arts. The Red Monarch is named for it's affinity towards flame, focused in the kicking and throwing or striking force of the fighter. In principle it counts on pinpoint strikes. Rather than being based upon movement of nature or a set of movements per see. Rather it is a style aimed at piercing strikes. Often in a supporting role, Red Monarch isn't suitable to outright decapitating a target so much as piercing the heart or "nailing" a target to a wall, while the kicks are defensive and aim at aiding in entry into buildings or through walls. Based more on a traditional martial art it lacks the more "flowing techniques" of the Demon Slayers swordplay.

Bio:

Hailing from the re

Weapons & Gear:

Other: Meh.

1570217750735.png
Name: Takamasa Kabuto
Weight/Height: 145lbs 5'6"

Nationality: Japan

Personality: A brief description on what makes your person tick. At least a paragraph however, you may also do this in bullet format with likes and dislikes or a combination of both.

Abilities: Breath of the Matsuri, a sword style that gives off no Malice intent, it is a rather joyous sword style that packs deceptively brutal strength and opts for offensive over defensive power. It is a very "festive" style of battle as the Matsuri only comes once a year! Based off of the Breath of Flames stance, his movements can be said to carry the warmth of the sun and the force of gunpowder with glittering confetti Kabuto has the following techniques;
  • Daiko Beat: A series of strong rapid vertical strikes, using the Katana and Saya, pummeling an opponent into the ground with an intense and explosive beat.​
  • Hanami Draw: the viewing of flowers, a joyus time that begins as swiftly as it ends, a rapid sword draw technique that leaves the user open, it is devastatingly fast with a far reach.​
  • Hanamatsuri Flash: Once the flowers have fallen they are placed upon statues of the Buddha, people pour ama-cha on small Buddha statues decorated with flowers, as if bathing a newborn baby. In reference to this it is much like the Draw of flowers but in this case a wave of oppressive multi directional slashes to "bathe" the one in it's path.​
  • Bon-Bon Boom: Named after the Bon Festival, Kabuto harnesses his power into one massive downward strike or stomp with the effect of a raging inferno that welcomes and guides back. Pulling a target towards it.​
  • Omisoka: 108 rapid strikes reflected in a 12 point spin of body and blade, the Omisoka is held to clean away the troubles of man, ringing in the new year.​

Bio: The small violin playing to your pc's past, why are you some lunatic going around hunting things that don't exist?

Weapons & Gear: Your primary and if applicable secondary weapon. All weapons should be "blessed" or have applicable munitions, see lore for more info. Gear is just Kit you might have that is worth being noted.

Other: want to list a voice, music, features of note not on your image, write a haiku, put something else I may have missed? Alright, challenge accepted.​

1570217846428.png
Name: Hilda von Baumbach
Weight/Height: 121lbs 5'4"

Nationality: German

Abilities: Spellcraft hexes and Alchemic

Hilda comes from a long line of spellcasters from Bavaria, she is a skilled potion maker and healer who can make hexes and curses or illusions to play with the mindsets and the visions of others. She has very little combat use however short of sealing an area off from preying eyes or laying a curse upon a tomb to prevent it from ever being opened or it's contents being awakened again. While able to poison others her physical abilities are rather limited and she is far better suited to guile, spellcraft or poisoning.

Weapons & Gear: Outside of various ingredients, magical chalk, paper, and books, she is known to carry materials for mending clothing and bodies and a number of dried herbs. For personal defense she carries a Mp 18 SMG and a Luger P08 Pistole.

Other: want to list a voice, music, features of note not on your image, write a haiku, put something else I may have missed? Alright, challenge accepted.

Last edited:
04b9f1ca27ae50d4ebef47dc215caae8.jpg
Name: Gerard G. Leifman
Weight/Height: 6' 3" 213 lbs

Nationality: Canadian

Personality: A kindly man, full of hope and willingness to spread the lord's love to any and all who would hear his voice. Praise be those who struggle against all odds to survive in this horribly selfish and cruel world. Lest of course they are demons, devils, sacrilegious heathens, oni, undead, cannibalistic spirits, dissenting fellows, blasphemous maggots, and any other form of earthly or unearthly evil you can name, forgiveness is for those who deserve it, and this father is not one to accept just turning the other cheek.

Nay, his fury is born of compassion for those of whom are left striken by evil, the red rage of compassion. Such is what guides his strength...

And what drives his bullets home.

He also loves cats, long walks on the beach and tempered indulgence.

Abilities:
Alchemy, utilization of church funded, sanctioned, and observed research into the feats of alchemy the user is able to make usage of several types of performance enhancing pharmaceuticals that are made in various manners, most of which can be done on site if proper materials withstanding.

Bio:

Weapons & Gear: A modified, blessed, and adorned with enough seals and scripture that would make a Astartes proud, anti tank rifle. Christened "The tower that reaches the heavens" this gun is as deadly for demons as it is for tanks, if that was not enough the heft and weight of this weapon makes handling it a chore for all but the most dedicated of men. This weight however makes the nasty looking bayonet not a thing to be trifled with, typically wielded as one might use a halberd.

When not being used, the rifle is hidden in a carrying case disguised as a large cross that Father Gerard bears.

Other gear:
Holy hand grenade
Holy water
Bible
Rosary
Stakes

Other: want to list a voice, music, features of note not on your image, write a haiku, put something else I may have missed? Alright, challenge accepted

1570330245856.png

Name: Elore Bathory

Weight/Height: 185 lbs / 5Ft 11In

Race: Human or Demon (type can be listed based on mutation and regional lore)

Nationality: From what lands do you hail, if important you can list ethnicity as well.

Abilities: See Lore for more information, this will be generalized and there will be two ways of filling this out.

WIP OBVIOUSLY

OOC Link has been updated, given the old one died.

Reactions: Azurian Dream