1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Modern, Medieval, Historical, Romance, Adventure
Hey there!

I'm a female in my twenties. I'm a student who stays busy between work and school but loves creating beautiful stories, so I'm looking for a couple of partners willing to go on a long-term journey with me. Normally, I'm in the market for complex, multiphasic plots, but I'm looking for something more light-hearted at the moment. I would even be okay with, like, cheesy and/or campy things??? Within reason. Let's not go crazy.

I'll do my best to communicate when I know I won't be able to respond for awhile, but feel free to give me a poke if you haven't heard from me in awhile. I will warn you, however, that I have a strong tendency to drop people who pester me endlessly. :s A little patience and understanding is all I ask for. If I have role played with anyone in the past and you want to pick it up/start something new, hit me up!!

All of that being said, I've been known to pump out multiple responses in one day when I have enough time and inspiration, so it won't always be slow-going.
Anyway, let's break down a few things, shall we? I'm pretty picky when it comes to role play, so let's see if we're a good match!

1. Grammar, spelling, and punctuation are important to me. Do I make mistakes? Yes. Do I try really hard not to? Also yes. I prefer partners who are very competent in writing and can craft responses I legitimately enjoy reading. I love detail, I love character development, I love reading through internal struggles. On the other hand, I'm not particularly fond of reading 50 pages of writing every time you send me a response, so I'd say the sweet spot for me is anywhere between 2 and 8 paragraphs for a normal post. For intros or particularly action-filled or juicy scenes, I'm known to go significantly longer.

2. Character sheets? I can do with or without them. You want skip them? Great. You want to do a bare minimum character sheet with just a name and picture? Cool. You want to do an extensive character profile with detailed descriptions of history, personality, family, and physical appearance? Fine by me! Any of these options or anywhere in between. Just let me know where you fall on that spectrum when you contact me.

3. If you're looking for a dark, edgy story with dark, edgy characters, I'm not the right partner for you. My role plays always include mature themes because I'm not completely trying to escape the real world, but there are certainly a few things I just don't have any desire to write about. Here are some items in particular I steer clear from: adultery, rape, slave/master dynamics, large age gaps, incest. Probably others I just can't think of. Also, I always fade to black when it comes to sex scenes.

4. I only do male x female romantic pairings. At the moment, I'm actually craving opportunities to play the male as my main character. However, I also love having side characters - especially females who become BFFs with my partner's main character. Because girl power. If you can persuade me I will thoroughly enjoy a role play with you playing the male and me playing the female, I'll consider playing the female.

5. Speaking of romance, I pretty much require romance in my role plays. :3 Purely platonic storylines and relationships don't appeal to me. It doesn't have to be anything immediate, though; I'm always on board for a good, slow burn. I need a healthy mix of action, conflict, and fluff.

6. Please do NOT make assumptions about my characters or in any way control them. There may be opportunities for us to share side characters, but I've actually had partners alter physical characteristics I had already established for my characters or play out actions for them that I did not approve of. Don't do that. I shouldn't even have to say this, but it's happened to me a lot.

7. Let's maintain an open dialogue about the plot. Let's discuss ideas for the future. I love planning ahead and getting excited for what's to come! It also gives us something to look forward to and keep things moving.

8. I only role play over email and PM.

9. I thoroughly enjoy character development - it's my favorite part of role playing! I love strong, flawed characters who endure hardships and come out even stronger. I love throwing two interesting people together and watching them fall in love, from tense meetings to awkward moments, witty banter, butterflies/early signs of attraction, to that dramatic moment of confessing feelings. <3

Okay! Ready for the good stuff?

Right now I only what something that's going to take place in a Medieval AU setting. This means swords, horses, and class dynamics but without troubling ourselves with history or little minor things like the Plague. C: We'll have to do a little bit of world building!

SIDE NOTE: I should clarify something. By medieval, I do not mean medieval fantasy. I don't want to include fantastical elements in this role play. I've tried doing fantasy everywhere on the spectrum between "low" and "high," and I just have no taste for it.

Ok these are just some pairings that I'm almost always down for. I've got some half-baked plot ideas that I don't really feel like putting on here, so just let me know if you want to hear about those.

Pairings:
Knight x Princess
Knight x Noblewoman
Knight x Commoner
Prince x Commoner

Themes:
Exes reuniting
Forbidden love
Journeys gone awry
Masquerades and other fancy occasions

Shoot me a PM if you're interested!