1. Adept
  2. Advanced
  3. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Nonbinary
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Horror, Romance, Yaoi, Magical Girl, Supernatural, Victorian Goth, Steam Punk
So I posted a bunch of stuff for my roleplay and I hit post and it would not work. I open the editor and hit post again and then keep copy and pasting it to see if I can keep it as it's still there in the editor and now it's just gone. all gone. I'm honestly in a state of shock right now because it was a lot. Is there anyway to get it back? I thought it posted so I reset my laptop and now it's all gone, which it's partly my fault for not posting it somewhere reliable first. I just can't.​

Unfortunately, using the editor save in the post box isn't super reliable. There isn't much we can do about it to make it better, from my understanding. This is the reason we encourage people strongly to use another program like Word (OpenOffice is a good free option).

As the saving system likely works on your computer's cookies, there is no way we can recover a post that is lost due to a hiccup in connection like you described. If you'd like to post the location of the post, I can look and see if it was posted and inadvertently just deleted, but that is about all we will (likely) be able to do.

BY INVITATION ONLY - Elite! Magical Girl Academy | IC

It's here, but it's blank and I've already started reworking on it. I'm doubting anything is even there. Iwaku has never done that for me though, and my connection at the moment is perfectly fine. when I hit post it usually posts, and if I hit it several times and still doesn't work then I'm not sure if that's my connection or the actual site. :/

o_o If you were copy/pasting it like you said, then you could have pasted it into a Word doc or something in order to hold onto it until you were able to post properly. It might be too late to do that now, but, it's good to keep in mind for future reference.

Check now. Is that what you were looking for?

• Love
Reactions: envogue
Yeah. I thought about that when it was too late. But like I said I left it in the box thinking it would still be there because it had been there for at least five minutes. My internet is working alright on every other site. First part of it only posted and my second part wouldn't.

OMG NAV THANK YOU

I see the first half is posted and that is what's important.@.@ I can just rewrite the other half of it for Miyuki it's no big deal, I suppose. I mean I'm really glad you were able to get something back. I couldn't get the Miyuki portion to post.

• Love
Reactions: Nav
Yeah. I thought about that when it was too late. But like I said I left it in the box thinking it would still be there because it had been there for at least five minutes. My internet is working alright on every other site. First part of it only posted and my second part wouldn't.

OMG NAV THANK YOU

I see the first half is posted and that is what's important.@.@ I can just rewrite the other half of it for Miyuki it's no big deal, I suppose. I mean I'm really glad you were able to get something back. I couldn't get the Miyuki portion to post.
No problem. (:

I can't begin to speculate where something went wrong, but it's always best to write everything on another program. Sometimes weird things happen! A connection (yours or ours) falls through for just a second and that's enough to lose stuff.

• Love
Let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you. ^__^ Happy roleplaying!

• Love
@Sailor Moon Ah. Yeah, it's probably not a good idea to place that level of trust in the site's auto-saving, especially if something glitchy is already going on. Saving the post somewhere else is always a more reliable option.

• Love
Yeah. I'm going to have to. As of right now Iwaku is taking forever for me to load stuff but I'm testing other things like fb and those are running smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.