Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
fantasy, romance, action, sci-fi
lyra laughed as she was pulled down the street by her neighbor, kory. their heels clicked against the sidewalk in a rapid staccato, matching the beating of her heart. she'd been living in the city for nearly three months now, and she'd barely left her shop. she was only out tonight because kory insisted; claimed her future best friend "wasn't going to spend her days a hermit." lyra wasn't sure what was wrong with being a hermit. hermit was better than being a nun, and if her mother found out that lyra was currently racing down the street in stilettos and a borrowed dress that was about three inches too short for lyra to be comfortable, she'd have a heart attack. with her free hand she pulled the fabric further down and tried to keep up with kory.

honestly, she had no idea where they were even headed. she hadn't ventured further than the coffee shop three blocks from her shop. if she was being honest with herself, which she rarely was, this was not how she pictured how she'd be living on her own. she felt like any wrong move would cause her mother's spider-senses to tingle and she'd be dragged back home. it was terrifying and irrational and she knew it was. maybe that was why she didn't put up much of a fight when kory threw a skimpy dress at her and insisted they were going out.

after running for what felt like ages--god she should really start working out again--they finally caught sight of the neon lights and muffled bass of the club. she eyes the crowd of people lined up on the curb. men and women in tight and ripped clothing, sporting tattoos and dyed hair. they passed a couple aggressively making out. lyr caught kory's eye and arched an eyebrow in question. it was like they were trying to devour each other. "where are you taking me?" she felt like she had to yell to be heard over the music pouring through the walls.
her friend only laughed, "you'll have fun, don't worry."
"well now i'm worried."
kory whacked her on the shoulder and pulled her through the door.

if she thought the music outside was loud, it was nothing compared to inside. colored lights lit the dark space, bodies pressed and moved together on the dace floor. they were not leaving room for jesus. kory said something to her, the words barely audible above the heavy music, and released her hand. a sense of panic filled her the moment kory let her go and vanished into the crowd. she was jostled from her spot by the door and swept further into the club. what the hell am i doing here? she tried to tell herself to have a good time, that this is what she wanted. it was, wasn't it? freedom? the ability to do what normal 20-something-year olds do? she forced herself to take a deep breath. she squeezed her eyes shut and counted to three. she let the vibrations in her bones center her, keep her from freaking the fuck out in the middle of a club and loose the only friend she had. she was fine, this was fine. no one even grabbed her butt without permission yet, this was a win.

she opened her eyes on three. she was going to have a good time dammit! she was going to dance with a stranger and drink and have fun! this was going to be a good experience she was going to look back on and be like "oh, hey, that was fun!" lyra wove her way through the dense crowd and found a spot on the dance floor. she wasn't really sure what to do with herself, the only dancing she'd been allowed was ballroom dancing and even that was done with "enough room left for jesus." lyra wasn't even that religious, but her whole town was. she was thankful she got out before she ended up in a convent. sin a little, lyra! it'll be fine! she watched some of the girls nearby from the corner of her eye and did her best to mimic them. she'd get the hang of it, eventually.

basics.
full name: lyra mira severin.
nickname: lyr, lyly (only her mother calls her that).
role: persephone.

pronouns: feminine, she/her.
sexuality: pansexual.
birth date: march 20th.
zodiac sign: pisces.

appearance.
body/tats/mods: she has a tattoo along her spine. her mother has no idea it's there and she will never find out.
height: 5'03".
weight: that's up for debate.
body type: ectomorph.
fc: mishti rahman.

lifestyle.
occupation: lyra owns a small flower shop called "persephone." it's her pride and joy.
apartment: lyra lives in the small studio space above her shop. it's not very fancy or that big but it serves it's purpose.
brief history: lyra grew up in the middle of buttfuck nowhere. her life was spent under an incredibly tight leash. her parents did not part on good terms, and her mother never really recovered from that pain. everything outside of their little house was a threat to her daughter. lyra was never allowed to date, never allowed to go out with male friends without supervision. her mother even tried her damnedest to convince her daughter to be a nun. lyr attended a local college at the wishes of her mother. but once she graduated with a business degree and opened persephone. with her new-found freedom she's defiantly having more fun.

headcanons.
- once stole a tree that was like 7 feet tall from her neighbor's yard
- she planted it in the middle of a baseball field
- *struggles plugging in her phone charger for 5 minutes* "this is why i don't have a penis"
- can and will flirt with anything that moves
- "i've decided i want to be cremated. not when i die, just whenever. surprise me."
- ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ on my way to fuck shit up
- fucking loves bath bombs and scented candles
- if you read her mind you'd find only the mii theme song playing
- will actually cry if she finds a spider in her room
- (kermit voice) shawty i don't..... MIND
- has met some of the most insufferable people. but they also met her
- can't cook for shit
- don't let her near a kitchen
- fucking loves chocolate pudding
- once tried to shoplift a watermelon by hiding it under her shirt
- she fell on the way out and started violently sobbing "my baby!"
- has one brain cell and it's busy thinking about that video where they edited dr. strange at a waterpark
- has a plan to free the fish from seaworld
- loves octopi??
-they're so smart??
- kinda hates the ocean
- it's not a fun place for her
- avoids nightmares by never sleeping
- kills it at karaoke night
- wants to audition for the voice as a part of her "get rich quick" scheme
- just once, wants someone to call her "ma'am" without following it up with "you're making a scene"
- has a kick ass salt water aquarium
- all the fish have really pretentious names like "lorenzo" and "gustav"
- hates shopping with a burning passion
- doesn't trust coffee after that one time she burnt her entire throat
- also it's gross
- has a giant christmas mug
- it can hold three bananas
- it's her most prized possession
- playlist