Jealousy, turning saints into the sea...

Discussion in 'THREAD ARCHIVES' started by Seiji, Nov 13, 2010.

1. ... swimming through sick lullabies...

Okay, jealousy. We've all dealt with it, becoming jealous ourselves or dealing with lovers who were jealous. In a relationship, how do you handle jealousy? Do you believe that jealousy is a sign of love, or insecurity, or both? Do you open yourself up with your lover and talk about these feelings?

Are you a jealous lover?
  2. Its obvious me and Vay are both protective of the other and can be jealous at times. I admit it, and he knows it. Its a feeling...people feel...its what you do with/about it that counts.

...I don't mind one bit when he is either.
  3. I am very jealous. When another girl hugs my boyfriend, I always imagine myself punching her in the ovaries. >.>; Especially when I know she's doing it just to piss me off.

Unleeeesss it's one of our few friends that are extremely close to the both of us. I have a really good friend I'd even let use him as a pillow because I can trust her 100%.
  4. Goes without saying that I am jealous of my boyfriend
  5. ... Oh yes.
    I'm actually ashamed of myself sometimes, I ask questions expecting some answer I'll like, I dunno, and then I get upset at the answer. I know I shouldn't but I can't help wanting to wash away evert trace of the person I'm with having been intimate with anyone before. Generally, I rein this in but every now and then, especially when I'm feeling bad about myself, I can get a little too jealous. Ordinarily, I encourage who I'm with to have friends and to act normally, though. I can handle it most days and not get jealous/paranoid whenever they hang out, etc. with another girl.
  6. I'm a horribly jealous individual, and have lost a few relationships to it (though founded the jealousy may be in those cases, and how I found out about their... dealings). It borders on paranoia, always slightly suspecting. Though I... never actually go out and ask, I observe closely and tend to resort to sneaky means to comfort myself and finds out - admittedly worse in the long run, but that's how I do things.

While I've never resorted to physical violence because of my jealousy, I have resorted to passive-aggressive behavior.
  7. Yup we're both jealous and freely admit to it. Its not a problem since we both understand its unnecessary in the other but also know how the other feels.
  8. not a jealous lover no, considering i've never had the chance to be a lover.

Jealous of those that find love? you fucking bet your arse i am. i dont like that i am, but its an overwhelming force and its all i can do to repress it.