Je t'aime... moi non plus

• Thread starter Synthetic Seraph
  • Start date
In a flash the bishoun is back in order to answer her with speech, having given a little hop from her shoulders to land right behind her - rather than crushing her down from above, heh - with his chin practically on the back of her neck. "Clothes, this single outfit serves me well even in travel, for it cleans quickly under running water." Clearly his standard of living in his more wilderness-prone land was quite different from her modern expectations. "As for food... I've seen what that shopkeeper eats herself and what she's brought me. Please, there is still food from actual animals and plants in your world? Not all, powders and goo and nuggets?" Repulsion voiced his opinion of microwave meals and artificial processing where you couldn't even tell what the natural food had once been.
Testing his luck in trying to win favors from his captor - ahem, keeper - that might lead to freedom, Harley rested some weight on the lady's shoulders, settling his forearms there as the cat body had once been, and rested his jaw upon a wrist. If she'd thought the bedtime had been intimate...

She blinks and laughs " you need more then one outfit and I'm sorry my food isn't good enough for you. I'll let you pick out what you like at the store" she shivers as he nears her, he can hear and feel her heart racing. No ones shown her affection.... He has a huge advantage over her. Each show of love dropped her guard.... And she was already clearly fond of him

The offworlder's pulse quickens, not only for the pleasant reception. If this woman, this otherwise brilliant engineer was stupid enough not to realize that letting him into a store meant he was no longer restrained by a barrier around either dwelling or vehicle, his chance had already come! But... to what sort of future? A bit of the frantic craving that had built up in his restless cells like a sickness while being forcibly cooped up in that pet shop with only the insipid shopkeep for company, had sizzled away. He could take his time, plan better, and not just dash off into some industrial park when he might actually be better off temporarily. Make his break for it after talking Vivian into showing him a nature preserve? Yeah, that had potential.

Harley speaks with his chest thrumming against the woman's back in the meantime. "That shopkeeper underestimated me, thinking I was mad enough to give away my identity at the first instant in public. It's very kind of you to take me, and once I commit to appearing out there I won't be able to speak, not while staying undercover," he explains gently. "You'll have to deal with a mere pet's gestures requesting this or that. But you'll know." That thrumming during speech was like the vibrating of a purr, only magnified with his man size chest.

She smiles and pets behind his ears and nods, " alright. Let's go to the car then. I am sure you can handle yourself well" sh walkout putting her shoes on and grabbing her eys, when he got in she would drive to the store and open the door, " clothing first then food.... then anything else you think you may want" she smiles letting him know what her plans were before contact was cut off

A smile back, and then the offworlder was all obedient-seeming pet. When their car journey ended he gave the talisman stone a bat with a paw to remind that Vivian had taken the barrier with her, that once it was removed from the vehicle with no enclosure around it, it would guard nothing and he could exit. After that he behaved as a strangely knowledgeable cat with the faculties to trot along beside the human's steps, ride her shoulders or shopping wagon without darting off in pursuit of some dust ball or other distraction as an ordinary animal might.

She takes him through the close and looks at him, " choose what you like" there were jackets, hoodies, shirts, pants, shorts, belts, jewelry and hats with gloves. She wanted him to have anything he would need, she wanted him to have protection and warmth and love

The offworlder drank in the collection of male modern fashions with indifferent bewilderment. Other than the basic shapes which of course had to fit the same bodies for his people and these, the tailors who had put together these collections didn't have a thing in common with what he was used to. The mannequins helped give impressions of what the end result would be, so finally Harley pointed his paw or stepped upon a set of pants, shirt and warm wear in fur tan. Then when Vivian kept him there expectantly, he gave another round of pants and shirt in slate grey, and then again in forest green. Personally he frowned at the unnecessary extravagance but played along with her world's customs as he couldn't turn her down eloquently.
All in all he tried to play nonchallant when making his decisions - it wouldn't do to have a human holding up different sizes for her cat to eyeball for fit, either.

She smiles and nods with a gentlness. " Alright food" she walks down the aisles, letting him see the fruits and vegtables, the meats and frozen goods, offered bevrages. She was giving him complete and total access and she smiles he was just so adorable!

The druid indicated anything at all that was recognizable as food, whether meat vegetables or bread. The frozen meals that looked completely artificial or of no clear origin -what plants got made into a Pop Tart?- only earned an apologetic, withering posture then a flip of his tail and turn of his rump that even a non cat owner could interpret. And that seemed the only distinction of where his preferences lied, mostly intact versus processed into oblivion. Harley went an extra mile in fawning to show indisputable gratitude for not just the variety. But the consideration of Vivian offering to him in the first place showed the ultimate act of recognizing his status as a person and not just some visitor to take care of and insist you knew best, as the shopkeep had.
(( Goodnight until next time~ I enjoyed much~ ))

She smiles and gets him what he desires, she stops only to grab herself some chocolate before she reaches down and picks him up at the check out, she returns to her car and sets him in the seat putting the groceries in the back and then driving home " help me get these in the fridge" she smiles at him softly

(( Can we have the parents make a surprise visit this same day? I see it as a good bonding experience if they give their usual critique of Vivian and Harley stands up for her. ))
"Not a problem," the shifter replied smoothly after flashing back to bishoun state the moment they were under cover of the garage. He may have been lean, but continued looping bags onto his wrists and brought the whole collection in anyway in order to impress and get on his keeper's good side.

Excusing himself a moment, Harley changed to one of the outfits, eyeing the result, himself in earthly clothes. Just as an experiment, a cap over the ears and his tail wound around the waist helped him blend somewhat - with a slow irritation at the restraint like Chinese finger cuffs or an itch you can't reach - but the skin that showed was still tan with clouded leopard rings, and the face looked like latex effects. Passable-human for a costume party... or perhaps the theatre, an oddball taken for granted in some town where performers wander regularly.

Harley returned with a nonchalant saunter and began laying out groceries to learn how they should be put away. "So, how does my keeper approve?" he asked casually. Without the tunic he definitely looked more like a regular man you might find down the street instead of an exotic foreigner... albeit a stage-decorated one with a gorgeous wilderness survival body.
And his coping skills were proving far better than the petshop manager's drastic underestimation; a calm demeanor while Vivian's home seemed less like captivity made all the difference.

She glances looking over at him, she blushes looking him ovr, " I am not your keeper.... I just.... I just want to be your friend..... I will take the spell off if you want.... and you look very good..... very attractive" She mumbles and looks at her hands before sighing as her phone rang. She read the name on the caller id and her whole body stiffened. Not today.....

" Hello. Oh.... Mom.... yes.... no of course, if you are already in... no not yet, becaus I don't thin that marriage is important at this point in my- oh. Fine. Is Dad- of course.... well.... I will see you-" she hears the distinct click on the other side and sighs, she was hung up on..... as always.

"Well.... we are having company tonight"

Harley nods at the meaningful correction, then his heart thumps at the offer of freedom, so casually thrown. As before, when he'd had the chance to dash away rather than accompany Vivian shopping, the shapeshifter hastily runs through his checklist - view a map of the area, find a forest-like or other wilderness location, make sure it had an adequate ecosystem to sustain a small hunter unlike a park with only a small family of squirrels... his life in the wild can happen!

But paradoxically, precisely because it is an option, it's one he doesn't need to rush into, and he sets the choice aside. He stands straighter, prouder at the compliment and his obviously strong effect on the lady who's becoming more endearing to him all the time. Ears prick silently during the phone call, upsetting his cap, and he listens and waits lightly until the abrupt conversation ends.

"I can't think of any other time to have company," Harley rejoins gracefully, giving Vivian's hand a squeeze and not letting it go afterwards. Comforting physically, but lending confidence in every other way by acting as if this meeting is one in which the engineer will dazzle. His other hand rests on her shoulder. "I'll help you prepare your home and a welcome meal, or aid your work if it's better to clear the mind through the day until they arrive."

She blinks and looks over at him and smiles, " do you know how to clean? If you do I would love some help with that.... I can cook. I know it doesn't look like I can but I do know how to cook. We will have to do something to make you look less..... cat like. My family will treat you like a scienc experiment or a freak and that is not appropriate" she gently pets his ears with her spare hand then blushes and looks away

Harley nods. "Yes, only show me your aides and how to get started," he replies of cleaning without reservation. At the phrase 'doesn't look like she can cook' the druid scans Vivian up and down and bends forwards with a feral sniff. "Was that cooking remark some sort of observation about your slim figure? My dear, you look like you can do anything you put your mind to." Only a fraction, the title 'my dear', was given as artifice. The bishoun quite enjoys his profound effect on the woman especially the endearing blushing, but is in truth warming to her.

His lips turn down grimly at the truth about how outsiders see him, where his spirit was half hoping the shopkeeper and mystic were exaggerating or incorrect about the rest of the population. "I trust you. I'll be with you whether disguised as cat or full man." As before, the nature mediator didn't say 'support' or reinforce that there was any reason to be anxious or at all less than confident about her odious parents coming.

She nods and shows him to the mop and broom, the bottle of bleach and the rags, " thank you so much I really do appreciate this." She had never given him a command, never treated him as an item to own. He was exactly what she said, her friend. At his remark to her figure she almost chokes, " n-no... people say I am too manly to know such things as cooking and sewng....." she blushes at his compliments and looks at him, " it may be best to be a cat... I am not sure how I would disguise you as a man...." she reaches up and strokes his spotted face, " what makes you handsome to me... would sicken and revile them"

Complimented in the same breath as 'sicken and revile' made the shifter's head spin. Elated by Vivian's esteem and heady touch, dejected that the mystic and shopkeep's assessment about the rest of the world was confirmed. All the druid could do was huff a sigh of acceptance at all of it, then smile and close his hand over Vivian's. "Then you're the best thing that could have happened to me on this world."

Harley worked diligently, keeping to within earshot of his friend as much as possible. "About the skills, is that the culture here? Funny, when someone looks for a tailor or chef it's rather the opposite in my home. Men tend to pick a single subject and master it all the way to the top, while people expect women to reach a medium level of everything under the sun." He took her remark as a starting point to entertain her with stories of his world, checking in on her progress once the house was finished and stunning.

She smiles and even blushes at his compliment to her. She taps his wars letting him clean an talks to him happily and smiles at him " your world is quite interesting but my world is not so different in that regard. Women are domestic and men bring home the money. I break that norm" the food smelled amazing, it would bring grumbles to anyone's stomach. The meat was sizzling and the vegetables were steamed to perfection

Harley drew in a long breath, taking in his fill of the aroma without resorting to a creature-like sniff. His mouth watered but he held himself in check rather than take a sample. "Incredible. Even this animal's spirit would say you honored it." He bowed, contenting himself to wait until after the visit for a share of the spoils. "Those who do not appreciate you do not know what they're missing. Is there anything else I can do to help?" In a playful moment he sprang as the small feline to her shoulders, rubbing his body against her neck and surveying her cooking from there until her next suggestion... resorting to the harmless animal mode of showing affection... distancing himself to avoid comparing her to a wifely companion, a partner to his wilderness treks and hunting.

She smiles as he comes in and giggles, a sound no ones heard escape her lips since she was quite young, at his affections " no you're fine. The house looks lovely" she rips him a piece of the meat and offers it to him to try as a show off appreciation. Moments later the door bell would ring