SITE UPDATES IWAKU'S FEBRUARY 2024 FUNDRAISER OF LOVE!

Iwaku is HOW OLD?

• Total voters

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
IWAKU'S FEBRUARY FUNDRAISER OF LOVE!

GREETINGS MINIONS!

It's that season again where I open up a special fundraiser pot where members get weirdly competitive about even numbers and decimals, all in the name of helping Iwaku pay it's bills!

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT OUR LOVELY COMMUNITY!
Iwaku is so old now I can't remember if we are closer to 15 years or 20 years. Our ultimate goal has always been FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION IN A FRIENDLY COMMUNITY. No unnecessary censorship, all sex positivity, and a safe space for everyone that's been looking for a cozy internet home to make real actual life long friends on with similar interests!

We've gone through big years where we had more members than we knew what to do with! Quiet little years of nothing but rolelaying and nonsense. Years of stressful drama and community strife, and years where the most amazing and exciting things have happened for the site. Iwaku has a long history, and we're so very glad that we're still here, still paying the bills, and able to continue making this the best roleplay home to stretch the limits of your imagine and make good friends while doing it.

HOLY SHIT WHY IS IWAKU SO EXPENSIVE
Iwaku is a PASSION PROJECT! This site exists out of love for roleplaying. So it's not a business where we make money off ad revenue, upgrade accounts, or other tools. We don't ever want it to be a business, because then we wouldn't be able to have all the freedom we do with our content! Thus Iwaku is paid for 100% out of pocket and through these fundraisers where our amazing community tosses a few dollars our way.

Likewise Iwaku owns our entire server and even hosts some other popular roleplay sites. For a more comprehensive list of many of our costs, from server things to our paid add-ons, you can view this list here!

FUNDRAISER GOAL: $3000
STRETCH GOAL: $5000
CLICK HERE TO DONATE!

3000 bucks will cover most of Iwaku's server and backup server expenses for a year! And the stretch goal will cover ALL the bills in case of emergencies. Did you know that these fundraisers have saved Iwaku in the past during rough real life transitions? During moments like lost jobs, an actual tornado dropping a tree on the house, that time the water heater flooded the living room. Having these funds set aside specifically for Iwaku gives us a security blanket of safety!

DONOR REWARDS THIS YEAR
- Top 3 Members get a custom name color & ribbon!
- All donors get a year of the donor upgrade and a 2024 donor trophy!
- For every 5 dollars given, you'll get a raffle ticket to win a $100 giftbox of silly writer goodies!
- 10 random raffle winners will receive a surprise writer goodie!

Members and Staffies might also offer their own gifted rewards if we hit tier goals! I'll update this post as needed! :D

YOU DON'T HAVE TO DONATE TO HELP SUPPORT IWAKU! HERE'S HOW TO SHOW YOUR LOVE FOR FREEEEE!

Money helps keep us online, but it's not what makes Iwaku a great site. Iwaku only thrives due to it's awesome members roleplaying and participating in the community itself! Without YOU here posting, we've got nothing! So here are the easiest ways you can give us that boost of support.

ROLEPLAY IN A PUBLIC THREAD!
Did you know that more than half of Iwaku's Roleplay activity is in Private Convos? We're glad everyone is playing, buuuut those don't help our search engine rankings or help us get new members because those roleplays are invisible! If everyone only roleplayed in private, we'd look like a very dead site! Try to have at least one or two public roleplay to not only show others your own roleplay style, but to help keep Iwaku looking active.

POST IN GENERAL CHATTING
There is no easier way to get to know other people on the site in a safe space than General Chatting! There's always new topics being posted, some silly spamming games, and even a trophy you can try to earn through posting new topics of your own. These community spaces are the perfect way to self-advertise yourself as a partner as many people meet new partners through discovering common interests!

HANG OUT IN CHATBOX AND DISCORD
Just wanna chill in between writing posts? The chatbox and discord offers a little bit of real time chatting about anything and everything!

VOTE IN THE TOP SITES
Who knew a little top sites listing could be useful? By voting EVERY DAY you're helping to keep Iwaku high in the listings and more easily found by new members! Bringing you even more potential new partners to play with! :D

ROLEPLAY GUIDES AND PROMPTS FOR FUNSIES
Looking to develop a character a little more or flesh out a setting? We've got such a wonderful array of activities to help you get the most of out roleplaying - or heck, post your own to help challenge and inspire others!

SHOWCASE YOUR WORK!
We are blessed with so many talented writers and artists. In Showcasing you can show off all your personal work, and comment on the works of others!

GO THE EXTRA MILE AND ADVERTISE IWAKU
Advertising is a j o b. When you're out there on other roleplay sites, if they have a place for ads, drop Iwaku down! The more links we have out there, the better our search rankings get, and the more roleplay partners we get to have. >:D

Whether you can donate or not - show Iwaku some love! Tell us about your favorite Iwaku moment or something great Iwaku has brought to you!

Last edited:
If you get in the top three donors, can you give the banner and color perks to someone else?

Yes you can! 8D

*gets the popcorn*
LET THE DONATION BATTLE BEGIN!!!

I really want a banner/color perk but broke. Is so sad

We are one week in and doing great! 8D

We ARE having a weird bug that's happened twice now where donations aren't showing up on the campaign page like they're supposed to, but they're coming thru fine. D:< So if you did a donation and it doesn't show up on the campaign within an hour, just shoot me a message and I'll add it on there manually, no problem!

I thought I had the fundraiser set to end at midnight yesterday, but apparently we have ONE DAY LEFT. Sneaky snipers have until midnight central time!

OUR LOVE FEST FUNDRAISER IS OVER! OUR TOTAL IS $1,645.99!

While we did not meet our goals (it's okay, some years we don't!), we have more than enough for me to run software & license renewals for all of our updates this year! <3 I'll be giving everyone their donor roles and trophies over the weekend. THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT WAS ABLE TO DONATE! EVERY DOLLAR IS A SAFETY NET FOR PAYING IWAKU'S BILLS AND WE APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH!

The donor war this year got wild enough a TRUCE was called to tie for the #1 slot! 🤣 Tied for first are @sele and @Manna Beast !

With @littlekreen and @Floral Frolic coming in with second and third place. :D All four of you can send me a Hex Code Color for your username & ribbon, along with a tagline you want on the ribbon!

THE RAFFLE IS MONDAY 7:30PM CENTRAL TIME IN OUR DISCORD VOICE CHAT!
I'll be pulling names out of a vessel LIIIIIVE on webcam! It's gonna take me the weekend to do the math on tickets and scribble them all on postits. XD For those that can't attend, I'll post the winners here in this thread. <3

Bet next year we will have 5-10 people just deciding together what to donate so they all get first place. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Lyrikai
Next year, can we just have every single member of the site donate like 30 bucks each, and then I can donate 35 and be top donor!

• Haha
Reactions: iridescent
Next year, can we just have every single member of the site donate like 30 bucks each, and then I can donate 35 and be top donor!
Lyri being like "yah I'm in on all of us being on top :D
*Snipes the first spot minutes before the deadline*
*everyone lynches lyri*

• Haha
Well I am a poor ass person that cannot afford to offer a thousand bucks! My only hope is that everything else only gives a little so I can be on top!! My only chance is if everyone else either also becomes poor or gets stingy one year 🤣

Well I am a poor ass person that cannot afford to offer a thousand bucks! My only hope is that everything else only gives a little so I can be on top!! My only chance is if everyone else either also becomes poor or gets stingy one year 🤣
just go around stealing everyones money then donate their money yourself! I just helped you hack the system!!!

• Nice Execution!
YES! GOOD THINKING. TIME TO ROB EVERYONE

THE POWER OF LOVE (and truce hand-holding). MUAHAHA. I'm so glad 4 got this, I felt bad for whoever would get knocked out. @Manna Beast , our peace unintentionally extended beyond ourselves ☺️

THE POWER OF LOVE (and truce hand-holding). MUAHAHA. I'm so glad 4 got this, I felt bad for whoever would get knocked out. @Manna Beast , our peace unintentionally extended beyond ourselves ☺️
It all worked out! grateful to everyone that donated regardless!

• Love
Reactions: Lyrikai and sele
Thank you for making peace, but my wallet especially thanks you 😂

Ugh, I'm going to have to save all year just to have a shot at having a banner and personal color for a year.

THE RAFFLE WINNERS!

@Manna Beast took the first drawing and receives the 100$ of random writer goodies!

1709603978430.png

THE FOLLOWING MEMBERS GET A RANDOM SILLY WRITER GOODIE!

@sele
1709603993290.png

@rissa
1709604005188.png

@littlekreen
1709604018657.png

@Floral Frolic
1709604030059.png

@Ocha
1709604044147.png

@LuckycoolHawk9
1709604054751.png

@oaklands
1709604069197.png

@Lyrikai
1709604078286.png

@Miyu
1709604089488.png

SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS VIA PC ON IWAKU OR THRU DISCORD! If you would like to pass your gift to another member, give me their name so I can hit them up OR tell me to draw another name out of my CAULDRON. 8D

Again thanks to everyone who donated this year <3 I really can't stress enough how much these really help our peace of mind in keeping he site bills paid and everything updated and online!