NEWSLETTER Iwaku Newsletter: Winter 2024 - Happy New Years!

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
IWAKU WINTER NEWSLETTER 2024

NEW YEAR GREETINGS, NERDS.

I'm just as surprised as you are that Iwaku is still here after this many years! 15 years? More than 15? I don't know, I've lost track. >:[ WE'RE STILL KICKING ASS THOUGH! Iwaku has changed a bunch over the years and we're always going to change and evolve. Some years we are small and quiet. Some years we're booming with energy. Yet, our mission was a community is always the same! Iwaku is here to be a friendly, wholesome, roleplay home to write stories and make friends!

While I have no idea what life is going to throw at us next, I do know Iwaku is still going to be here. <3 We're going to be plotting up fun new characters, cool new worlds, and roleplaying our little hearts out. My personal wish for 2024 is to see a bunch of new faces pop out - MORE FRIENDS! MORE FRIIIIENDS!

RECENT PSA: PRIVATE MESSAGE COLD CALLING DOs AND DONTs
Shout out to all those badies who have the courage and gumption to go out there and directly message members seeking new partners! But please BE POLITE when doing these cold calls. Read people's roleplay resume to see if they even want random messages from strangers - a lot of people don't.

UPCOMING EVENTS, YEEHAW

IT'S TIME FOR THE WORLDBUILDING AND ROLEPLAY CHALLENGE!
One of Iwaku's favorite events where you can earn a wholeass forum in our Realms section for your roleplay! Submissions are accepted until February 29th, so get working on them!

FEBRUARY IS IWAKU'S LOVE FESTIVAL AND THIS YEAR'S FUNDRAISER!
A favorite traditional festivals along with stuffing money into the kitty-bank for paying bills. With fun topics, contests, roleplays, guides all relating to love in ALL it's forms! We're so excited!

READ MY ROLEPLAYS SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN
If you LOVE having people read your content, either just casually or via live reads on discord, submit your favorite sections to our Read My Roleplays form! For future newsletters and live read nights, we'll pull things out of the submissions and share them with Iwaku. :D Show off your awesome collaborative stories!

NEW GROUP ROLEPLAYS ON THE SCENE

Did you know that GROUP ROLEPLAYS are a great way to meet potential partners as well as test drive character concepts against many different personalities? Here's some of the latest posted original content group roleplays that might be just the ones for you.

The Knights Arcane: Wardens of the Crystal by @Gladis
Fathoms Deep by @MissyMay
The Only Way to Go is Up by @ThePotatoGod

And as always, the Roleplay Realms contain winners of Iwaku's WARP challenge as well as special featured roleplays by talented GMs!

SHOWCASING IWAKU

When we're not roleplaying, Iwaku has a lot of great sections to help compliment your rps or even just cool things you can do while hanging out and waiting for new posts. Check out some of these great featured threads!

Art
ART - A Cat Lady Creates! - @Ashi
ART - CHARACTERS - Eugene's Inktober 2023 - @So_Much_Fandom

Stories
WORLD SHOWCASE - WRITING - Marks on the Page - @Nyxanthi
WRITING - Trying Not To Regret - @Spammy

Poems
POETRY - A Cage of Demons -- Poems by Fluffy - @Fluffy

MoM Winner

Iwaku Horror Contest

Coding Lab
TESTING - black holes [character & testing], solid ground - @t o a s t
RESOURCE - STORAGE - TESTING - rosemary ও peppermint {coding storage} - @wren.

Media Shops
PAID SHOP - ART SHOP - Effie's Art Shop! [Commissions Open] - @Effervescent
FREE SHOP - GRAPHICS SHOP - ♡ pav's humble banner shop ♡ - @PavellumPendulum

CLOSING STATEMENTS

With how the past few years have gone, I have NO idea what we can expect for Iwaku or even in the world for this year! O_O I do know that Iwaku is here to be your bastion of creativity, friendships, and an overall happy place. That can only be done if YOU THE MEMBERS are here being your awesome selves, posting in topics, meeting new people, and scuttling around. Be you a little coder bee making gorgeous displays, a horny hornet writing that smutty smut, or just hanging out with us in chat spaces!

Now get out there and post! MAY THE MUSE BE WITH YOU~!