ITS FATHER'S DAY POST DADS

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windsong

Original poster
FFS

Almost noon and there's no dad-bro thread?

C'mon! Share some love for that XY Chromosome wielding patriarch that gave you half of your genetics!

We were gonna get some lunch and go fishing today weather permitting, but he's got a side-job to do he's had to put off due to the weather. So we're gonna do that, pack some tuna, and fish on the guys property instead. He made me bring some Scorpion's and Motley Crue to listen to. Dad's taste in rock has always been top-tier.

I don't have a dad....I have a sperm-donor and an asshole who married my mom.

I have this guy.

1923221_1120478973809_3751928_n.jpg

That's my favorite picture ever, even if it's old as hell.

Reactions: Windsong
patriarch
067v0sp.jpg

Serious answer: I love my dad to death. When my mother took off with 100,000 to go start a lingerie store and abandoned her children, he stuck around and worked tooth and nail to keep his kids alive.

However, he doesn't generally give a damn about birthdays or Father's Day or stuff like that. It's just another day on the calendar to him, and I don't need a date on the calendar to remind me to cherish a man who literally ensured my existence was a thing. Who then stuck around and taught me values of manhood, who helped me learn how to read and write, do arithmetic, do finance.

I'd post a picture of him, but he'd get irritable about having his face shown around random places on the Internet he doesn't even know about, so... You'll have to make do without. :ferret:

My dad (my real dad) died 5 years ago on Boxing Day so Father's Day is basically just salt in the wound, my step-dad is pretty cool and I like him enough to refer to him as 'Dad' and not by his name, he'll never live up to my real dad though and he knows that.

We won't be doing anything today, we never do, but my mom made my dad's old Spicy meatball recipe so that's really nice.

I won't be posting a picture of my dad or step-dad because I don't want to. Fight me.

Today I will be calling my father-in-law (@Qwertronix 's dad) because he has done more in my life than the man who shares half my genes :) I haven't spoken to him in 8 years and I do not intend to change that.

Here is my dad, who everyone thinks belongs to an 80s rock band. Kinda blurry, hard to find good pics of just him.
dad_zpsoyfzh4bm.png

I don't like posting my family online, but Happy Father's Day everyone. :)

Here is a photo of my dad and his third child, my cat Percy. I mean, I don't think he's really my cat anymore.

tumblr_md58vdMyon1qcxqglo1_500.png

pnDULYd.jpg

Here's my dad and I. He's a dork, but I love him. I'm happy he's here to celebrate Father's Day with me. :)

Love my dad. We're not a very emotion showing family (at least on his side) but he smiles whenever he sees me and that warms my heart.

We don't really celebrate conventional holidays, but turns out after not seeing him for six months (I was overseas), I came back just yesterday. It was lovely heading out of the baggage area with my trolley and seeing my dad there to receive me ^_^

My dad would probably do anything for me. I'm definitely his little girl. He was strict with my bros, but with me he's always been chill. It was always a mistake for my mom to tell me to ask my dad when she didn't want to get me something :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.