It's always sad to see them go.

M

MurderDeathKill

Original poster
Today, I finally finished A Memory of Light: book 14 of the Wheel of Time, and felt sad that it was all over. I stuck with this series, in various forms, over nearly a decade, and the characters truly began feeling like companions in my life, so knowing that their adventures (or those that Robert Jordan was able to put together before he died) would no longer continue made me wonder just what the fuck I was going to move onto next (I moved onto Amped and will finish Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy soon). I might return to the series sometime in the future, but the original magic that drew me in will forever be gone.

I got similar feels with the Lord of the Rings, Robert E. Howard's Conan the Cimmerian stories, Xena & Hercules: the Legendary Journeys, and Metal Gear Solid 4.

So what are some things that you wished never ended? Things that defined parts of your life that left a hole when they were done and/or gone?

Oh hey, my boyfriend finished that book today, too. He is such a nerd for that series. :3

The only thing I can think of that I wouldn't want to end is my pet. Whenever my animals die, I'm left with an emptiness that takes way too long to fill again. I don't want their lives to end, so that I can avoid that pain and so that I can enjoy more time with them. Some of the cats I've owned were part of a recovery process I was going through, so when they passed on it was devastating.

All good things have to end sometime, though. v__v

I have a far bigger list on things that should of ended.

</3