Is there a way to link to last page/latest posts in a thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vars

[Impressive Title Here]
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. One post per week
Online Availability
Varies incredibly
Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Modern/realistic. Low fantasy. Low Scifi. Supernatural. Future Dystopia (not post-apoc).
Is there a link that will automatically direct a user to the latest post or last page of a thread?
Not first unread, but legitimately the last page or post.

Yes! Click the date under the username of the person in the "last message" column. That will take you to the most recent post, no matter how many are unread before that.

If you want to go to the last page, click the last number underneath the title of the thread that appears when you hover over it. :D

No, I am looking for a permanent link to the last post. Click this date leads to that specific post, so if someone posts after them, the link doesn't lead to the last post anymore.

I'm pretty sure what I'm asking for doesn't exist, but I'm not totally familiar with XenForo so I decided to ask just in case.

Last edited:
A permalink to a specific post? Just go to that post and copy the link from the timestamp!

@The Mood is Write

No.

A permalink to whatever happens to be the last post or last page in a thread. NOT a specific post, just whatever is CURRENTLY (at the point the user clicks the link) the latest.

@The Mood is Write

No.

A permalink to whatever happens to be the last post or last page in a thread. NOT a specific post, just whatever is CURRENTLY (at the point the user clicks the link) the latest.
Oh okay, disregard my last post xD

I believe that's not a feature Iwaku really holds ^^; Otherwise you would really have to link the last post yourself several times. . . Alerts "sort of work" that way, as it will be the first unread post you have and then pile up the rest afterwards, but a link that will update itself for the last post, I don't think that's a thing. . .

Nope, there's no way to create a permanent link to whatever the last post is when it's clicked. You can specify a page or post number for a URL to send someone to, but that's as good as it gets.

• Thank You
Reactions: Vars
but a link that will update itself for the last post, I don't think that's a thing. . .
Right, that's what I figured, but XenForo has had some other features which surprised me so I figured I'd ask to see if this existed anyway. Thanks.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: CrystalTears
Nope, there's no way to create a permanent link to whatever the last post is when it's clicked. You can specify a page or post number for a URL to send someone to, but that's as good as it gets.
Do threads have rss links like Blogs do?

Just out of curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.