Is Spelling Important?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

Does Good English Matter Outside of Formal Writing?

• um no its not like im getting a grade!!!

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Doesn't have to be perfect, but some improvement would make things easier to read.

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • Yes, always.

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters
You know, considering this was posted on a RP forum where most of the content is done up in long hand written form, it's not surprising what people's stances are for the most part.

I appreciate and honor good grammar and spelling, anywhere except notes. I don't mind if you spelled something wrong when you were taking notes for a meeting, school, et cetera. I'm also more lenient with fast-paced writing where you may have switched your thoughts mid-sentence (grammar) or mistyped (spelling) and never corrected it because you didn't proof-read.
I tend to judge people who use chatspeak and/or poor grammar. If English is not your first language, you have a learning hindrance, or some other similar reason, I try to be less judgmental.

As long as I can read it and understand the meaning of it, I don't get severely annoyed with it. If it's illegible and uses phrases such as "Yolo" or "Swag", I tend to get annoyed, as I am a lame unhip fellow who does not understand these odd words.

I think as long as u can understand what they're saying,it's fine.its not like ur turning it in somewhere professional

If I can read it, I have no problem with it. Unless course a wrong word was used instead of the right word.