Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. One post per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
invisible_buttons.png

invisible_buttons_2.png

In the space that I've marked with the curly brackets, there should be buttons -- and, technically, there are. They're totally functional, and I get that little thingy that tells me what the button does if I hover my cursor over it for a second, but, the icons themselves are invisible. And, due to where exactly the invisible icons land in that first screenshot, I honestly didn't notice that there even were any icons over there until just now. o_o"

I understand if this isn't very high-up on the admins' priority lists, given that this particular text editor is only supposed to be a temporary one anyway, but, I figured I'd point it out, since I happened to notice it.

(And, in case this turns out to just be a browser/OS thing -- I'm using Chrome on a Mac.)

The buttons appear as such for me:

ozBZZvi.png

I wonder if this has anything to do with your color theme on Iwaku? I'm using a dark grey theme, and the black theme you're using looks like it might just.

And, I just checked; using the midnight theme, the buttons appear just how you say they do (or, well, don't);

5v6RyRG.png

So it appears that there's not a different color for these buttons that stands out against the midnight theme. I don't know what can be done about this, just corroborating with some tests. Maybe somebody on the technical side of things can figure out what's going on here.

The buttons appear as such for me:

ozBZZvi.png

I wonder if this has anything to do with your color theme on Iwaku? I'm using a dark grey theme, and the black theme you're using looks like it might just.

And, I just checked; using the midnight theme, the buttons appear just how you say they do (or, well, don't);

5v6RyRG.png

So it appears that there's not a different color for these buttons that stands out against the midnight theme. I don't know what can be done about this, just corroborating with some tests. Maybe somebody on the technical side of things can figure out what's going on here.

o_o" Ok but, why are those specific buttons a different color than the rest in the first place? Even on the dark gray theme, where the buttons aren't completely invisible, they do seem to be just a bit harder to make out than the light-colored ones... And, in general, I don't see any need for a color difference. The fact that some of the buttons are a different color at all looks like some kind of bug or oversight, imo. o_o"

Reactions: Navuso
When a new application is plugged into an existing style, things break. o__o There's no way to predict how it will interact with the style. Stuff always has to be adjusted after the fact! Obviously no one would intentionally make those buttons different colors.

I'm not sure how long we're going to be using this editor, but I'll add it to the list of style issues/bugs in need of a fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.