INVICTUS

Leo De Luca

Emerald eyes easily studied Selene's every movement. Her hesitation. The wringing of her hands and the unsure look in her eyes. This really was a big commitment, and even though Leo knew that Invictus wouldn't take no for an answer, he wanted to be sure that she was sure on her decision. It was the illusion of choice. But he was sure she was smart enough to see through that guise. Her question made Leo reply with a sly grin. He shot his arm up, elbow pressed against the table. "Smart girl to ask questions before getting into something."

He leaned back in his chair and flipped shut her folder. On the folder's front were three large letters. 'INV'. "Invictus..." He began, folding his hands in his lap now. "Is a secret organization. Non-government, not attached to one country. It maintains order between the human population and the world of the hidden and unknown." He knew his words were probably a little more cryptic than he would have liked, but it was the general gist about the place. "Invictus makes sure that the mythical, supernatural and otherwise unhuman are safe and secure from the normal people. And vise versa. We are diplomats, police, hunters and mercenaries. We're politicians, and saints, and sinners all alike. We do whatever we can to maintain balance."

Leo slowly leaned forward again, and once again placed his arms along the table. "Now for what they want you to do, I'm not exactly sure. There's a lot you could do after you go through basic training. Think of it like... a six month long summer school with a little more P.E." He gave a small shrug, as if it was not a really big deal. "I'm sure we can situate you in a position where you don't have to harm anyone. It's a simple request to note in your file."

Leo slowly stood and then moved over to Selene's side. He held out his hand to her, more so this time to help her up. "You're very bright and perceptive. It's nice to see. Let's go get you cleaned up and in some new clothes, hm?"

✘ . VIGDIS REYES
Department of Fieldwork
New Recruit
[[ Here: Auditorium || Crew: @SoulwroughtOfTerra (Sorin) || Mood: Energized || Song: Professional Griefers ]]

Twenty minutes had passed and already Vigdis was finding her amped vibe to be slowing down. While there was indeed food (an endless supply from the looks of it) and a massive amount of people, this was not exactly what she would call a party. There were too many folks behind tables, attempting to talk to her about their jobs and whatever else. The music selection was abyssmal at best. Sure, there were many interesting looking characters, like a small group of centaurs and what looked like a triclopse, but it wasn't quite enough to really get her revved. The most activity she was able to find was a drinking contest between a frizzy haired witch and a guy who looked like he belonged in a recolored version of The Crow. The movie industry really needed to stop remastering it and let that movie die.

It was there at the edges of the crowd, apathetically tearing into a tenderloin wrapped in bacon, that Vigdis began contemplating what she could do to fix this dilemma of hers. "Could always try the good ol' method of punching someone." She took a glance around the room. Her height allowed her to look over the heads of a majority of the crowd, allowing her to pick out folks who looked like security well enough. "En, to, tre... fem... Wait, that's wrong." Vigdis looked down to one of her hands, her fingers extending and retracting as she started counting again. "En, to, tre... fire? Fire! Fire, fem, seks, se- No, sju... ... ... ... OneTwoThreeFourFiveSixSevenEight- FUCK I've been here too long! Screw how many guards there are! I need to punch something!"

Perhaps the gods were watching when she shouted her desire out into the room. Not a moment later there was a sharp bump to her back; one strong enough to make her take a half step forward to keep her balance. That didn't happen terribly often. Blinking a little bit, grey colored eyes slid to one side, then slowly the other as her body followed in turn. There she would find a young man, dark hair atop his head and a rather peculiar outfit, attempting to apologize to her. It took her a moment of looking him up and down before she responded, but when she did, once more did that devious grin appear, along with that predatory purr in her tone. "Well, if you really wanted to apologize to me, you could always-"

Before she finished her sentence her hands moved, grabbing either side of the box he was holding. "Hand these over to me." No, the pasties within hadn't escaped her notice. It wasn't exactly her favorite kind of snack, but she felt the urge to take them nonetheless. Perhaps if she did it may strike up enough of a spark. Maybe he'd make a scene. Maybe it would draw others over to try and diffuse. And that would be when Vigdis would be able to take that cocktail of events and set it ablaze. The prospects alone made her chuckle, giving the box in his hands a little yank. "What do you say~? ... Also, don't I know you from somewhere? Have I threatened you before?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Credit to darkflames13 for template

Matsui Yuka
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ゆか ▬▬
Interactions: Tomomi, Gabe (@Dao Ma), Nike (@The Red Sage)
Mentions: Bobby (@Shizuochan), Sorin (@SoulwroughtOfTerra), Vigdis (@The Red Sage)

PXaqWlZ.png

After she finished texting Gabe, Yuka put her phone down and continued to focus on her food. After taking a few bites, however, she started to get a terrible feeling. Something was amiss. Picking up her phone again, the opened up an app of her own creation. It was connected to every phone she had ever been asked to fix, which by this point was a lot of phones. Half of them she probably should not have access to. Going down the list of people on the app, she clicked on Gabe's name. After a few seconds of loading time, a ping popped up on her map of the facility. Gabe wasn't far. He also wasn't moving, which meant bad, bad things. After a quick survey of the map, she also noticed he was in an empty room that she swore was always empty. A few more pokes at her screen, and she put her phone back in her cleavage.

"Tomomi, I'll be back. If anyone touches my food or drink please alert me." She instructed to the android. Blowing some hair out of her face, she walked past the rest of the partygoers, ducking away from Bobby and his dancing, bypassing Sorin's harassment, and exiting the auditorium. She made her way down to hall to where the empty room was, stopping outside the closed door. Before barging in, she put an ear up to the door. She didn't want to barge in on anything that she'd regret seeing.

Hearing nothing except what sounded like just Nike and Gabe, possibly arguing, she tried the handle to the door. It was unlocked, so she pushed the door open, staring at the two inside, hands on her hips.

"Should I ask what you two are up to?" She eyed both of them more than a little judgmentally. "Obviously nothing good." She gestured towards what Nike was working on to prove her point. Her glare turned to Gabe, and she pointed at him.

"We have an appointment." She reiterated what she had told him over text. "Now whatever it is you two are doing, you either should not be doing it or need to hurry up. And from what this all looks like, I'd say option A." She sighed at the sight of the two. This was obviously some sort of prank or something similar, and now that Yuka had found it she could probably be held liable for not stopping the two of them. Then again, Nike was the same rank as her, so maybe it could be considered not her fault she didn't stop the two of them. If it wasn't for how long this was taking, she probably wouldn't have cared about the prank, but she wasn't exactly patient when she had appointments.

Taqqiq Selene Amaruq
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❆ ▬▬
Interactions: Leo (@Dao Ma)
Mentions: None

WYilRiZ.png

Selene almost visibly puffed up when she was called smart. She wasn't used to praise, so hearing it was always nice. As he explained what Invictus was, she nodded slowly. No wonder they had picked her up then, considering she was a danger. She was definitely a part of that world of the unknown he was talking about. Humans who knew what she was either feared her or used her for their own gain. Seemed like this was no different, but at least she could probably be sure that this organization wasn't criminal.

The training sounded like it wasn't bad. She wasn't bad at physical training at all. And if she could get away without harming innocents, then she was fine with it. She could only hope that what this guy was saying was true, but she felt like she had to trust somebody. She didn't really have a choice, it was either this or going back to her life where everything had gone down the drain.

"I-I mean, I don't mind dealing with people who deserve it. If some jackass is gonna kill some bystander unless I get him first, I can do that. I just... don't want to hurt innocent people just for my own benefit. Or Invictus' benefit." She said, though was grateful that they could mention it in her file.

Selene stiffened when he stood up again, but relaxed when he mentioned getting clean and new clothes. She could definitely go for a shower. Not bloody face would be really nice. New clothes that she hadn't passed out and murdered people would be refreshing. She carefully took his hand, standing up.

"Yeah, okay. That... sounds great, honestly." She laughed nervously, releasing his hand, and following him out of the cell. Outside, there were a couple of guards, which was to be expected. She kept following Leo down the end of the hall, not yet speaking. She wanted to take everything in a bit more. She was now part of some weird organization made to keep people like her from hurting people out there in the world. It wasn't something she expected to be part of ever. For one, she never thought more creatures even existed. Finally, the duo reached an elevator and stepped in, going up.

"So... you mentioned other shifty type peoples right? So can I meet them after this? Like, what sort of shifting types do you have here? I know you said you have all sorts of things, but I assume not all of them are in Texas, yeah?" She paused, now seeming rather excited. She rocked on her heels, watching the numbers gradually increase. Just how many floors were in this freaking place? They had already gone up at least ten.

"S'pose you guys have like... Werewolves 'n skinwalkers 'n stuff. Are there any others of me? Any other ijiraat?" She asked, sounding incredibly hopeful. Her parents told her of towns full of ijiraat near where Selene was born. She could imagine there had to be at least some others who were taken in. Her face lit up, suddenly realizing something important.

"Oh right! You can call me Selene by the way. Don't bother trying to pronounce my actual name. Just regular Canadian folks can't get it so I'm betting an American won't either." She shook her head a little, almost a bit out of annoyance. It was pretty obvious she had some run-ins about her name previously. People who could pronounce it properly were rare, and this far south she wasn't holding her breath.

Finally, the elevator dinged, opening up to a much nicer looking area than where she was just at. She assumed this was an area where she could get clean and get some new clothes. The closer she got to the top of this structure, the more and more excited became instead of being nervous. This deal didn't seem so bad. The more she thought of it, the more she thought of just how beneficial this could be for her. Being able to get some help for her issues and probably being able to protect other people... being basically an indentured servant who got all their needs taken care of didn't seem like too bad a payoff. Perhaps this situation wouldn't end up being so bad.

1e5Nwvh.png
A mixer-- odd how normal something like that sounded for this. Invictus, agency for finding oogity boogity things in the world, having a company mixer. Does no one else find that strange? It's almost like they all work selling paper or something. Back to the point, she had to go to this. Which meant she'd have to be on her best behaviour. Just the thought was a laugh, really. Best Behaviour.

You can bet on her mama's grave that she was getting stoned before, during, and possible after such an event. Depends on how it went. So for a while before this mixer, she spent time cleaning, loading, and smoking a bowl while meticulously reading over a small dossier she'd gotten for some supposed partner. Must mean she's legit now that she gets a partner. Well... kind of. She was formerly thrust into a merry group of idiots before this.

"Do you think this one likes to lick eyeballs?" She turned to ask one of the dolls that was holding her lighter for her. It simply stared back at her. Right, mindless drone doll. "I need to figure out how to give you more personality..." She shook her head and continued on. Finishing a second bowl before making her way to the meeting place.

Not a hard feat. There were signs everywhere. It's almost as if whoever set this up knew Vi would need direction. She's going to assume that they did it for her. She's not narcissistic, just assumes everyone knows her. Not like she's quiet. The door to the Auditorium ... was already open. Damn. Vi envisioned thrusting the doors open like some kind of hot-shot badass. Making the flamboyant entrance. Anticlimactic as she simply walked in. Nearly bloodshot, barely open eyes glanced around the room. So many people were here. Somehow it actually felt like a literal office party.

She stopped when she saw the one familiar face that she adored and would never cease too. Her lips stretched into a grin before she kicked her feet and darted to this friend of hers. "VIGDIS!" Not subtle in the least. Pretty sure Vi doesn't know the meaning of the word. However, as she got closer, she saw there was someone else.. And pastries involved. She skidded to a stop before actually clashing with them. "Oh.. close to disaster. Vigdis!" Her eyes turned to the other. Her eyes narrowed. Somewhere in that refried-bean-brain of hers, this situation looked entirely different. "Who's this... they bothering you? Want me to.. Ya know... beat em up." Vi then made hand motions that were relative to karate chops. She knew absolutely no karate.

Honestly, it didnt take long for her mind to move on. She slipped her hand into an inner pocket of her overshirt, pulling out a hand held electronic cigarette. Nicotineless, though. She took a long breath. Her eyes drifted again- if it wasn't apparent already, she's blazed. "Why am I here?" She thought to herself... out loud. "Oh! Yass." She scoured her memory to think of the name of her partner, fully intending on asking Vigdis if she'd seen them. Or heard of them. Not that she assumed Vigdis would be a good route but hey, maybe it was one of the many the strange woman saw sa eye candy. Except Vi couldn't remember the name. Only.. features. Comments. Her own thoughts. Hell, she even forgot to ask. Instead, she just looked around before awkward hollering out like she was playing marco polo or something.

"ANYONE KNOW OF A CRIMSON DADDY?! I MUST FIND YOU!"

... Yep.

ROLAND L E E CROWLEY
The spell you got on me it's like magic! Got me feeling like I'm fallin' in love! Got me feeling like I'll never give up, oh! Got me feeling like I'll never give up on you!
The spell you got on me it's like magic! Got me feeling like I'm fallin' in love! Got me feeling like I'll never give up, oh! Got me feeling like I'll never give up on you!
mister crowley

It seemed like time didn't change too much with his lover as Mister Crowley was given the usual greeting from Venn. Cold and heartless, the magician could already tell that Venn was hiding how "broken up" he was with the lack of interaction between them this week. Let alone, over a year spent apart. Taking a seat with a huff, Mister Crowley pouted as he started to paint a picture of the disastrous day at the office. "Bein' a respectable agent an' doin' my job, Luv. I poured blud, sweat, an' tears into gettin' my mission report daahhhn in a timely manner. But, alas, it wud not be. Ter err is 'uman, but ter whoever programmed de database 'ere shud be shot. My new computer got away on me, takin' over twelve 'ours av my work wiff it." Mister Crowley tried to milk the sob story by sniffling slightly as if he was about to break down. But, of course, that didn't fly with Venn.

The subject was soon switched about the point of this mandatory office party: new partners. Nodding his head, he hummed a bit as the magician eyed the room for his partner. If he was here, he wasn't on the magician's radar. Sorin was someone he had worked with in the previous mission… and wasn't looking forward to working again. Being a greenhorn wasn't the problem, but it was how he operated. He's too "by the book" and black and white when it comes to working in the field. Too much of a headache to deal with when easier options appear. Well, maybe there's some things good about that. Like, getting the rookie to "help" in his mission reports…

"Unfortunately," and left it as that.

Out of the blue, the mandatory office party took one Hell of a change. Retro music began to sound out in the auditorium, instantly getting the magician's attention. Now, the time has come. The party has changed, this was his jam, and Venn… it was clear that the medium had read his mind. A smarmy smile had spread cheek to cheek on his scruffy face as he reached for Venn's hand. "Shall we?" his voice rasped out. Even if Venn said FUCK NO, it was too late. The wallflower was pulled from the table and towards the center of the room, head bopping all the while. Once in a nice spot, Crow unleashed his super ultra secret technique: the ability to dance… while helping Venn along (of course).
location ● mixer ▏ status ● cutting the rug & trying not to get murdered ▏ theme ● X

Kent Arai - The Wolf

Mentions: Seier, Sorin, Vigdis

Interactions: Sparky

Was this a mixer or a freak show? Deep blue hues tightened, he almost felt repulsed being there. These.. People, some of them at least were just a bit too offbeat for the Kent.

"Ah donnae no ahney won. Def'n'ly naw feckin' maeken any buds. Tae focken 'ell wif da' shite. 'ell, France wos WAAAYbe'er than' this festerin' anus-like cesspool. BUnch ae doaty bawfaced dobbers we gawt 'ere. Yer mum's gaw a face leik a melted welly, y'know. Ah wouldnae ride 'er inta battle!"

The feisty red head's colorful insults and exotic accent forced the young man to visibly wince before eyes followed her as that head of her's collided into the wooden table in a drunken stupor. Lull followed aside from the casual background noise of the company party.. Did not last long though, within moments messy red locks lifted upward to showcase a reddened face, due to the copious amounts of alcohol she consumed, and of course her visage planting heard into the table. Brow perked before blues shifted away, once more drink was brought to him lips. "That did not last long."

Eyes now landed on a small small discord towards the middle of the room, a guy akin to some Victorian knight had bumped into some lady who moss like green hair, her outfit.. Well being different. Her initial cry of boredom had caught Kent's attention, something about wanting to punch out some guards? There was so much noise it was difficult to make out the finer details. There they struggled with the box the man was holding, ultimately Kent's attention was taken by someone nearby.

"Well, this is an amusing group. Mind if it gains another spectator?"

Relatively close to him the man spoke, Kent had assumed possibly Sparky was addressing him. "Might as well enjoy Brave Heart's performance ova' here." The young man mused with a chuckle, once more the cup was brought to his lips for a sip before blue gaze shifted to land on the man who spoke. Wait.. Something didn't exactly seem right. Eyes inched higher to take in the guy's visage, this stranger had a baby face but managed to be taller than him.. Wasn't exactly built either. Eyes narrowed, "The hell is this kid eatin'..?" Shrug was given as the thought passed, once more his eyes were trained on the group and their contest.

"Forgive the lack of formalities pal.. Not exactly keen on the goins' here." Finished with his cup he eyed the trash next to the table he stood by, with a toss it landed in the bin. "Name is Kent."

C7jIVBm.png
Public outings were, and still remain to always be a difficult thing for Jon. For someone who didn't speak, social events were a chore. He tried though, and he would try tonight. He spent a lot of time dressing up. Casual, of course, but still good enough for a meet mixer. His tablet was charged and ready, his confidence was high- not that he needed help with that, and he was about to go out there and meet.. Other's. He deflated. This was going to be a chore.

Funny enough, Jon had gotten to the party fairly early. It was just that he didn't make it a point to say anything-- well he couldn't. He waved and made hand motions but no one paid any mind to that. Most of the first few minutes of people arriving included such things. So he decided to sit back and people watch. Faces he's seen over the past weeks entered and slowly formed into little groups. It seemed like at least everyone found another to mix with. Just like in high school-- not that John ever went to that.

Shaking his head, he stood straight and pushed off the wall. He needed to mingle. He would make a friend today so help him. With a nod, he started out towards the center of the room. A dangerous move considering a small chain of disaster took place. Some wild girl ran past him suddenly, causing him to trip forward. In attempt to avoid bumping into people, he dodged and weave. He wasn't sure what made him finally trip and fall, maybe it was his own two feet, but it wasn't long before he went falling forward.

His tablet went flying and Jon instantly panicked. He grabbed a hold of the closest body to keep from falling, then lunged towards the tablet. In some kind of heroic manner, he dove and caught it before it could hit. It landed him right in the center of a couple of people. His eyes shot between the two of them while he blushed. Laying there, still, watching. After a moment, he silently cleared his throat and wrote on his (unbroken) tablet before turning it to show them. {Hi. I'm Jon.}

@Sanctus || Kent :: @Fallen Star || Sparky

[fieldbox="Saku | Fieldwork, White "]

Saku waved with a barely raised hand as Sable made his way over to Amaranth. A small smile across her lips as he wandered off to join what appeared to be the makings for a very rowdy table. She wondered how he'd handle that, and if a creature like Sable was even capable of becoming intoxicated. She imagined he was just like she was. It just took a bit of a special reason. As Sable made off she'd turn to Storm as he talked with her, asking if she'd accompany him around the party. She wasn't one to deny a request as simple as this, and if anything it meant she didn't need to try very hard to interact with some of the already forming groups here, they could just slip in and out together as they felt they needed to.

Saku smiled and moved to take the offered arm as he seemed to remember something before promptly dismissing it. With whatever it was out of the way she slipped an arm around his and gave him a small smile as she purred out her words, "Lead the way." she said with a hint of actual enthusiasm. It wasn't often that Storm seemed to take any sort of an interest in anything other than the prospect of sleep, and much less her. Even if she didn't really want anything from him, and she was sure he had some other reason to be using her, it was a new experience with the doppelgänger and she couldn't help but to enjoy it. Pulling in alongside him and beginning to walk along she'd move her gaze up to watch his face as she spoke, "So Storm, anything in particular you'd like to do at a mixer like this? Maybe we should introduce ourselves to the new recruits? Or get some drinks with the more junior agents like Sable is currently doing?" she knew the final part wasn't really what he was doing, but at the least it would appear to some of the juniors that that might have been what was going on.

She began to lead him to the table of refreshments as she eyed the punch bowls taking up a large portion of it. Squeezing her arm around his a bit tighter she'd start to feed off of Storm as they walked, nothing he'd notice, not until tomorrow. She smiled and hummed to herself as they went.
@Dao Ma
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
5UWclZk.jpg

Company Mixer - Geoffrey...

Yun crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "Tons."

Just then Geoffrey ate one of her assistants. Luckily, the frog only liked moisture and normally just sucked on his victims like a lolipop, but this boy must've just come out of a shower because Geoffrey swallowed him whole. Yun marched over and with her herculean strength pried his mighty flaps open and ripped her lab assistant out of him. The boy cowered, holding the computer she requested, Yun raised her brow at this and rubbed the underbelly of the amphibian before tossing another fish from a nearby barrel into his mouth. "Somebody is hungry. Eating whole fishies." Geoffrey stuck his tongue out like a whip and snatched the thing out of the air before lovingly sticking his tongue to Yun's face. "Good boy."

Yun then turned to her assistant and got him to his feet. They eyed the giant frog as they made their way to the desk and set up the computer. They typed viciously, trying to ignore the mucus dripping off them, but Yun couldn't and like the loving mother she was she cleaned the fellow up with a rag. They tried to resist, but upon making eye contact with the supervisor they just continued with their work and allowed her to clean the mess off them.

While Yun did this she finally focused back on White. "And I haven't even brought out any of the shit in my pockets yet." Yun said as a snake like creature uncoiled around her waist and up to her neck, deciding to rest there, as it settled it turned into a necklace. "That one is going to be real fun to show off, if I get to anyway. I'm so tired honestly. Just want to sleep."

Yun was going to cry. White and a few of her assistants could probably pick up on this, but she fought it back. She sniffled multiple times before breathing out. "But I cant. How about you? INV hasn't brought in a lot of medical personnel. We might end up short staffed. Though, I'm sure some of our gearheads wouldn't mind exchanging some of our flesh for machine." Yun said as she sniffled one last time, wiping whatever tears that formed in her eyes away.

@Dao Ma

AMARANTH L'YSANDAR

What the hell have I gotten myself into…

Mara gazed reprovingly at the trio before her, Atticus in particular. She had deadpanned his 'please-don't-ruin-this' look and nearly gave herself a headache rolling her eyes at Seier's excitability. She threw a soft frown Sable's way as she watched the events unfold. Seier's normally drunken speech morphed into something barely coherent and when she face-planted and then raised her head as if nothing had happened, Mara stood up and made her way back to the tables lined with food.

Stacking a plate high with food and grabbing a pitcher of water from a side table, Mara made her way back to the trio. She sat with a sigh and pushed the plate over to Seier, frowning ever so slightly at the newcomers. There was a light flush along the top of her cheekbones, but the tattoos under her eyes helped conceal it. "Eat something or I'm calling the bet off and no one wins."

Seier Rose

Seier blinked slowly, vacantly staring at Mara as she spoke. She contemplated the words at snail's pace, overthinking each and every syllable. Before she could comprehend any of the insults she would normally throw out as a defense mechanism, Seier spoke softly, "Ah appreciate tha food. Soory ef a upchuck it awll later."
Seier smiled slightly, "Ahm naw feckin' loosin' tha bet. I like to win. Ah donnae e'er think ah've lost a drinkin' game. Minus tha' one I 'ad wif the neighbor boy back en Kyleakin b'faer ah skipped town." She spoke with a moutful of food. She hadn't realized how hungry she was until that first bite, and she looked to Mara with calm grey eyes, "Yer a feckin' saint!" She swallowed the food, "A feckin' saint. Ah need anovver drink!" She slapped the table, her eyes flying back to settle on Sable.
Seier's gaze softened a bit, "Ya know, ah quite miss home. Lotsa crazy shite's 'appened since ah left. Like France. Ne'er goin' back tae France." she muttered, a slight frown appearing, her eyes turned to the bartender, "Oi! Barty! Drink, please! Ahm dry o'er 'ere!" She called to the bartender.​

[/hr]

Bobby Wu @Dao Ma @U.N. 0W3N
There was a laundry list of reasons Bobby Wu could give as to how he was so unaware of the history, the chemistry (and the myriad other choice high school courses) currently surfacing between mage and medium. The primary culprit would have likely been an oafish obliviousness that transcended the wolven demon's senses. The answer he'd opt for, if questioned, would have likely had to do with the language barrier. Not English specifically, but rather Mister Crowley's particular… blend of the tongue. Honestly, Venn's too, with his snappy, vitriolic staccato. There was also that one witchy thing… drunk... person, a force of language far beyond his untrained ear. Forced to take inventory of himself, Bobby Wu concluded that perhaps it was English in general that he struggled with.

Nonetheless, he took to revolving around the couple, boombox and yaoguai circling like twin harpies primed for a combat-dive.

"I don't want to be… light-bulb." Bobby spoke of being 'dian deng pao', the abrasive electric light-bulb that ruined the candle-lit mood of a romantic moment - the third wheel, so to speak. "But am I stupid?"

Am I stupid? - his own personal way of attempting to say "did I miss the memo?

"Fuck, do you two do the thing?"

The lightbulb-wheel-wolf-human-chimera-abomination continued floating around the two, his sphere imbuing them with an added touch of bouncy grace.

Sparky Quinn
Mentions: Seier, Sable
Interactions: Kent(@Sanctus), Jon(@Candi Cosmo)
Sparky never found the true fun of drinking like this, even if it was for challenge. Now, some may question it is because he is young and wouldn't understand. Instead, he rather be in control of his body and what comes out of his mouth because one may never know what might slip past a person's lips. Secrets, nasty truths, ugly words. Things that could ruin a friendship or a relationship very quickly. If Sparky wanted to spill his guts about all of that, he'd do it when sober and is in the right, caring mind to do so. Until then? His skeletons are going to continue to dance a witty jig in his closet. Spooky scary skeletons.

More drunken words, with a Scottish twist to them, came more from the woman who was clearly losing to…. Sparky's amethyst eyes slowly wander to the man that was being challenged who seemed to be very much sober, not a single hint of being affected. What the hell was he? Ah, Sparky was sure to find out later at some point because now his attention was being drawn to the first person that actually spoke to him. Though, Sparky found it a little surprising that he was just a little bit taller than the guy.

"A performance indeed. Even though I don't typically enjoy drinking myself." The Demigod started, slightly rolling his shoulders into a simple shrug. Before Sparky continued, a third member joined the two of them by tumbling around and catching a tablet that almost met its shattered glass fate. Seeing it being saved though, Sparky moves away from Jon to keep himself from accidentally zapping the tablet because it looked like the guy was using it to communicate.

"Kent and Jon… Nice to meet you both I suppose. I am Sparky, Sparky Quinn." The Demigod finally introduced himself to the others. These two didn't look familiar to Sparky either as he hoped they would be people he used to know in New York. That isn't the case, sadly. "Word of advice, Jon. I'd keep your tablet away from me if I were you." Sparky warned. "My lightning doesn't do well with electronics most of the time… I can handle holding a smartphone and being on some computers. Beyond that though, I'll likely fry it on accident."

[fieldbox="Oh I remember who YOU are!, purple, solid"]The sharp tugging on the box in his hands brought Sorin's attention back to the the person who had been talking to him "What do you say~? ... Also, don't I know you from somewhere? Have I threatened you before?" The offer was almost tempting. After all he had hardly brought enough but then again...He didn't really want to hand them all over to one person. Sorin studied the Mossy haired woman who stood there with a wild grin on her face. She did seem somewhat familiar to him. Had he met her somewhere before? HAD she threatened him before? Sorin stared back at her wracking his brain to dredge up the memory that was the solution to his dilemma. He had seen her somewhere before but he simply couldn't place her.

"Now that you mention it...You do seem somewhat familiar..."

Sorin said as he looked her up and down. There was something about the way the woman held herself...her style of dress...there was something familiar about all of it. It was then that all of the info clicked in his head. It was back at the New York branch an experimental test group of agents had been brought together under the title of "Project Theory" Supposedly they had been assigned to be a special INVICTUS strike force that they could send out at a moments notice to deal with significant threats. Sorin had not been a specific part of this group but rather a secondary group that had been tasked to support Project Theory and as such he had been made to read over the basics of each member of the group. This woman had been one of the people mentioned in those files.

"Vigdis Reyes. Code Named Berserker. I remember you now. Yes you have threatened me before."

Sorin made an actual effort to retrieve the box of doughnuts from the wild cards grasp and place them on the table. He had dealt with her before and he was not going to let himself be pushed around by her this time. He had grown more than a little the last several months with Invictus and this was a perfect opportunity to show it.

" Sorry but if you want some then your just going to have to share with the others I didn't bring these here just for you." [/fieldbox]

Pjq9w6K.jpg

Company Mixer - Where the cookies and milk at?

"Ho ho ho, danke." Kris laughed as he hopped off the table and returned to normal size mid-air. His feet slammed down onto the floor and he fixed his belt around his waist. The big oaf then plopped down in a seat and dragged the food that Adam had decided to so generously share with him over to his side. The horderves were gone in seconds and it was good timing as Kris watched Adam come back over to the table with a shot glass.

Kris didn't actually want to drink the drink. He disliked alcohol and tried to avoid it, but he didn't want to be rude and took a sip of his 1/3 of a cup. It was tough going down his throat, he had a low tolerance for the stuff, but he smiled as it burned a trail down to his stomach. "Recovery? Oh, my size? I can do that at will. You really think Ole' Santa Claus squeezed his fat down the chimney? Ho ho oh no. I appreciate the drink though."

Kris then set his drink down on the table and leaned against it. "No, actually I wasn't assigned one. I'll probably be training this go around then. It's exciting really, haven't had a trainee in a while. There should be a list at one of the booths if you can't find it on your phone. Your supervisor normally has that information. You're in fieldwork though, right? That's pretty scary work, I couldn't imagine doing that."

@Kurogane86

xx8ckfg-png.161769

Adam Kane aka Akira
Location - Meet and greet party in the corner
Mention - @The Wanderer
Interacts with - @ShiroKiyoshi

Adam watched the once tiny man grow to his original size in a matter of seconds then polish off the Horderves. He sat while he explained his powers and though that Santa could be a real asset to field work. He smiled as Santa took the drink to be polite but cringed at the taste. "Kris, if you want I can order you a white Russian, it tastes like a vanilla milkshake." He was about to get up to make the order when Kris mentioned that partners have already been decided.

"Oh." He said half out of his seat. He walked over to the bar, grabbed two white Russians and slid them in front of his jolly companion. "There you go big guy drink up." He took the left over whiskey and poured it into his own glass. He then drank it all in one gulp. "Ahhh, waste not want not. Right?" Kris explained how he could go find out from a booth who his partner was or he could check his phone. "Geez, they know I never check this thing." He said as he pulled out his phone. "Looks like my partners name is...Yuri Zotov."

Adam stood up angrily when he read the following.

Yuri Zotov
Nickname: Scarface, Cut Up, Comrade Yuri
Codename: Hunter
Race: Human [Werewolf]
Division: Fieldwork
Clearance Level: 0

"A fucking rookie?" He looked at Kris. "Why would they do this?" He flipped the phone to show Kris his new partners information. "They know how fast I lose partners, why would they give me someone so green? So I can watch another comrade die?" He sat down in a huff and grabbed the bottle of whiskey. He ripped off the cap and drank half the bottle. He took in a breath and wiped his mouth with his suit sleeve. "Whatever. It's Invictus' call." Adam drank from the bottle again and sighed. He hated the idea watching another partner die but was to loyal to oppose Invictus. He looked up at Kris. "Well that's me. what's going on with you?"

Template credit to darkflames13

Sable Mereworth
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ⛥ ▬▬
Interactions: The Drunk Table™, Vi (@Candi Cosmo)

Mentions: None​

Listening to Seier complain about her time in Invictus, Sable took mental notes of the young woman and how she was feeling. Obviously, she wasn't happy about the idea of being here, which was often understandable at first. People were often threatened to stay, and many didn't take well to it. However, when they started to make connections, people began to like it more and more. Hell, even Sable wasn't a fan of the place at first until he started to get to know people. He didn't like to hear that she didn't know anyone, but he'd try to help her find more people to befriend. Just sitting at this table, she was bound to at least get to know people.

Before he could answer her about him not telling her something, she threw her hat at Atticus, and threatened him if anything were to happen to it. She continued to insult him, but he didn't take it personally. It was almost a bit endearing. He liked that she wasn't afraid to stand up for herself and let people know she wouldn't take shit. Whether she could also turn that off was another question.

"I don't think I have any more for now, but maybe you should-" before he could finish, her head hit the table with a thump. He froze, eyeing her form. She was breathing, which was a good sign. "Are you-" She snapped her head back up like nothing had happened, mentioning she had many answers. He somehow doubted that at the moment. He wasn't sure what to say in this scenario, and it was silent for a short while until a newcomer came up to the table, followed by another.

Sable looked up as the three people began to swarm the table to watch. He knew who they were, but didn't quite know exactly what their names were. When they introduced themselves to each other, he at least had a name to the faces. He vaguely remembered the one who introduced himself as Sparky. He had read about him, knowing he was a transfer, and recalling he had lightning abilities. Sable wasn't keen on lightning, but wasn't about to make a scene. Instead, he just gave the three a simple nod, allowing them to hang around.

Sable watched as Mara got up, moved to the food table, and got Seier come food. He nodded to the Scot, waving off an approaching bartender who likely would have ended up killing the poor girl if he had brought anymore. Maybe it was his plan. He stacked his empty shot glasses into a couple neat stacks, looking to Atticus.

"We're cutting you off for now." He told her, pointing to Atticus. "Don't buy her more drinks." He told the merc, who was laughing in his chair, Seier's witch hat sitting precariously on his head. He was obviously proud of himself.

"Well, I suppose all things considered, I won that money. However, considering the circumstances, I think it only fair you give the prize to her," He looked to Seier, assessing her status as he watched her head sway. "But perhaps tomorrow. She doesn't need anymore." He leaned back in his chair slightly, running his hand through his hair to push it back out of his face.

"ANYONE KNOW OF A CRIMSON DADDY?! I MUST FIND YOU!"

No sooner had he started to get comfortable in the chair, a shout echoed throughout the auditorium. The wording made him very suspicious that the owner of the voice meant him. A hush fell over the crowd for a split second, before noise started again. With nobody else stepping forward, Sable pushed himself up from his chair.

"That is likely my partner. Sorry to cut this all short. If you are all still here by the time I'm done talking with her, I'll be back." He paused, stiffening his shoulders a bit. "Ah, Mara, if I don't get back before you all disperse, I'd like to talk to you later about something before you turn in for the night." He gave the group a parting nod, heading over to where the voice originated. He approached the girl, knowing of her from her files. He otherwise didn't have much of a chance to meet her.

"You must be Vivianna. I am Sable, though your nickname wasn't entirely misinformed." He chuckled softly, knowing of his reputation. He somehow made himself known as a father figure, which he didn't mind at all. He enjoyed helping people in need, and more often than not he had some sort of fatherly advice to give people. "You're Leo's niece, right? It's good to meet you."

Credit to darkflames13 for template

Atticus Quinn
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◇ ▬▬
Interactions: Seier (@Mars Walker) Mara (@rissa) Sparky (@Fallen Star) Sable
Mentions: Kent (@Sanctus) John (@Candi Cosmo)

HSlSVw4.png

Atticus was practically red in the face from trying not to laugh too loudly at the scene before him. Seier had tossed him her hat, which he flipped in his hands a few time before putting it on his own head. It didn't exactly fit, considering his head was a bit larger than the small woman's, so it was sort of sliding around instead of sitting comfortably in one place. Both Mara and Sable pretty much announced that the contest was over, and Sable insisted the prize go to Seier instead.

"Ahright, ahright." He conceded, finishing off the second beer he had ordered by this point. He was grinning like a dork, leaning back in his chair, stretching his arms. "Good times." He announced, giving Seier a good slap on the back. "Good job sport. Ya kept up wit' the man... exceptionally well. Despite his tiny advantage." His speech was slurred, his New Yorker accent becoming thicker as he got more and more drunk. He fished out his wallet from his pocket, grabbing the fold of bills and handing it to the witch.

"Here, use it howevuh. If you want booze, I ain' gonna stop ya." He said, casting a nervous look towards Mara. "Or mebbe not yet." He leaned down to whisper to Seier, though likely wasn't very quiet. "Jus' buy it when she's not lookin' ahrite?" He gave her a knowing nod, sitting back up in his chair. When he heard the shout, he looked around, before watching Sable stand. As he left, he snorted.

"Bye Crimson Daddy!" He called after him, standing up. "Well, ain't nobody tellin' me I can't drink more." He said, walking over to the bar and ordering another beer. He walked back to the group, stumbling a bit as he slipped past some people, sipping the small amount of head from the pour as he sat back down.

The other small group had started to close in, and he was listening to them talking, when he perked up at his last name. For a hot second, he thought they were talking about him, but he soon worked it out that the tall fucker was just introducing himself. He spun around in his chair to face the group.

"Ayy, name twin." He held out his hand to Sparky, but quickly retracted it after he heard him say something about not being good with electronics because lightning. His nerves were replaced with electronics so that would be bad. Even drunk Atticus knew that much.

"Name's Atticus Quinn. I ain't gonna touch you cuz to be completely honest you prolly would kill me. So just don' you touch me either ahrite?" He grabbed his beer again, taking a long drink. "Heh, mebbe we're like, long distant relatives or sommin."

Kent Arai - The Wolf

Interactions: Sparky, Jon, Atticus

"Not a drinker myself.."

After the drink was disposed off the same hand reached into his leather jacket, fingers fumbled with the pack of cigarettes inside of his breast pocket. Kent was dying for a smoke, something to help keep the edge off.. Just being here with these colorful individuals was starting to grate at him. Of course, the irony was he too wasn't very different from anyone. The thought came to mind forcing him to stop what he was doing.

"That's right.. I'm not very different from em'... am I?"

It was a realization, maybe.. He needed to get that stick out of his ass, maybe it was best to just be civil, kind.. Not an asshole.. And this guy, Sparky.. He could not place it but there was something very familiar about this guy. Not only him, but a few others here.. It was like there was a invisible thread linking them together.. What that connection may be? That was lost on Kent.

Before another thought passed he caught glimpse of a man nearly plummeting onto the floor, than that same man's hand grasping at his torso. Pale fingers met with a hardened torso before Kent's inner crimson shirt was tugged. Kent himself reacted, a large hand quickly reaching out to slam into the falling man's torso. There was no struggle, no strain as Kent's muscles flexed underneath that ebony leather to keep the Blonde from face planting into the ground. Knees buckled to allow the young man to catch the tablet, he was pretty much parallel to the floor.

If Jon were to look upward he'd catch glimpse of Kent's typical steely glare, those deep blues piercing through him. As frightening as Kent may have been, the words that left his tanned lips were words of concern.

"Yo, you alright buddy?"

Before Jon answered though, he watched as the blonde quickly turned to mess with his tablet, forcing a brow to raise in question from Kent. That tablet was risen once more displaying the words...

{Hi. I'm Jon.}

Was he mute? Kent's knee bent and offered out a hand to Jon. "Sup Jon, I'm Kent." Very brief smirk pulled the corner of his lip upward. If Jon took his hand he'd hoist the man up effortlessly, it was hard for Kent to control his own strength sometimes.. Something he was still working on. If that hand was not accepted it, the New Yorker was not gonna take offense to it. Blue hues shifted to land on Sparky once more. So, he had a gift too.. Well all of them did if they were part of Invictus. Kent was just sure to take a mental note of Sparky's electric inclination.

As introductions settled Kent reached into his jacket pocket once more to remove the pack of cigarettes he was trying to retrieve before. Palm would smack at the bottom of the package to shove a cig upward, as he did this another approached the steadily growing group. Cerulean pools lifted to meet Atticus' gaze, the bud of the cig he fished out met his lips before it was pulled out with a tug of his head upward. The accent was familiar, it wasn't too far off from Kent's, smile pulled at his lips in the familiarity of it's tone.

"Ay.. Didn't know we had anotha' from the City." Kent mused, cigarette hanging from his lip as he spoke. Honestly, he was probably not allowed to smoke in here, with that revelation donning on him he removed the cig from his lips between two fingers. "Where you out of?"