Introducing the Miscellaneous Iwaku Storytelling Contest: A Brush With Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hoping I get done in time to enter this! However, small question regarding titles: Would one be allowed to use a song title/lyric as the title of their entry? Or does that have to be original as well?

Really hoping I get done in time to enter this! However, small question regarding titles: Would one be allowed to use a song title/lyric as the title of their entry? Or does that have to be original as well?
Using a title or lyric of a song for a title should be fine. As long as the story itself is your original work it's all good, the title is just a little extra optional thing.

Hy, Yorick. Nice to see you continuing the spirit of WOTM here on Iwaku with MISC.
Thankfully I managed to squeeze out some creativity, stick it together and write a short story 4k of words. Still have to do a spell check (or two, or three, just to be safe), decide on a title, transfer and format the whole thing in the message and then send it. Hopefully this will be done in a day/two (maybe three) as long as something doesn't distract me (like Yuri manga, random LNs/WNs and so on).

While I know that there's a word limit of 10k, is there any minimum word count? I have a rather short entry that's at around 500-600 words.

Nope, no minimum. As long as you've used enough words to fulfill the prompt then it's all good.

Ruling question: If an individual were to falsely claim they entered the contest and select a random piece and then advise their friends/other members to vote for said piece, would that also instate a ban upon said user?

Note; This question has an extremely high level of Sass, and may be ignored if so wished.

;P

Ruling question: If an individual were to falsely claim they entered the contest and select a random piece and then advise their friends/other members to vote for said piece, would that also instate a ban upon said user?

Note; This question has an extremely high level of Sass, and may be ignored if so wished.

;P
Hah, yes, that would probably earn a ban from the contest for being a disruptive little turd. Gotta be a little heavy-handed with punishments to dissuade future troublemakers. :P

• Love
Reactions: Ner0 and Greenie
Hah, yes, that would probably earn a ban from the contest for being a disruptive little turd. Gotta be a little heavy-handed with punishments to dissuade future troublemakers. :P
Aye aye Cap'n Jorick, I will proceed from this moment on with NOT being a disruptive little turd

If anyone has any last minute entries to submit, you've got a little over twelve hours to get them in. The voting thread will be going up around midnight server time (GMT-6)!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Greenie
I'm way too excited about this. ^_^' I can't wait to see what others have written!

Ooh!! Oooh! Can we has honourable mentions for last minute entries (Anything submitted within the last five minutes of the submission window) and crap entries? (Anything with One or Less votes) I think that would be lovely!!

Oh wait... I'm being a disruptive little turd right now, aren't I?

Duh. I think that is obvious dude.

Reactions: Ner0
Can we has honourable mentions for last minute entries (Anything submitted within the last five minutes of the submission window)
As someone who normally starts writing for contests hours before the deadline—this time being no exception—I feel this award would be a nice bonus to my 1st place trophy. ; )

As someone who normally starts writing for contests hours before the deadline—this time being no exception—I feel this award would be a nice bonus to my 1st place trophy. ; )

As a certain Iwaku member once texted me: Just remember this playful banter when I steal your prize.

• Love
Reactions: Holmishire
Status
Not open for further replies.