Instances of Racial Discrimination/Bias

Status
Not open for further replies.
During my middle school years, I was the only white girl living in a black neighborhood. The ONLY white kid on the bus. o__o It was a really really shit ghetto apartment complex. I spent my entire 6th grade year getting bullied by this one girl and her gang of friends. x__x They would jump me after the bus left and later stalk me through the complex to jump me on non school days. I'd get called cracker and oreocream and get a lot of shit. I had never even met the girl before she started kicking my ass. @____@ She just sat next to me on the bus one day, snatched away my test papers and started pulling my hair. It eventually ended with my mom calling the cops cause I couldn't leave the house without being afraid she was hiding around the corner.

That'd started my long career of "missing the bus" and skipping school. x____x Thankfully my parents were pretty awesome about my social education, so I never went the "omg black people are assholes!" route. But it did give me a complex about racism issues for a long time, and STILL pisses me off when people say you can't be racist against white people. o__o

Why didn't you kick the other girl's ass? >:(

I'm assuming the girl was always with her friends, and they all would have ganged up on Diana.
This is usually the case with bullies.
They lack the guts/courage to do shit themselves, so they operate on group/mob mentality.

This is usually the case with bullies.
They lack the guts/courage to do shit themselves, so they operate on group/mob mentality.

I would've grabbed the nearest object and used it as a weapon on every single one of those fools and beat them until the cows come home

I would've grabbed the nearest object and used it as a weapon on every single one of those fools and beat them until the cows come home
And then you'd be in Jail. :P
And if you lived anywhere other than America those kids would get a shit ton of life insurance and time off school.

And then you'd be in Jail. :P
And if you lived anywhere other than America those kids would get a shit ton of life insurance and time off school.

Fuck all of that! I live in the U.S. and no I wouldn't be in jail because it would be self defense. I'd get off somehow :P the only way to deal with bullies is to confront them head-on and kick their asses. Adults don't do a damn thing and then they wonder why victims of bullying commit suicide or shoot up school buildings.

Fuck all of that! I live in the U.S. and no I wouldn't be in jail because it would be self defense. I'd get off somehow :P the only way to deal with bullies is to confront them head-on and kick their asses. Adults don't do a damn thing and then they wonder why victims of bullying commit suicide or shoot up school buildings.
By all means defend yourself, you're entitled to do that despite what teachers will try to argue.
But there's a difference between defending yourself and beating them within an inch of their life.

• Thank You
Reactions: CoffeeCake
By all means defend yourself, you're entitled to do that despite what teachers will try to argue.
But there's a difference between defending yourself and beating them within an inch of their life.

Ok maybe I should've worded that differently :( I wouldn't necessarily beat them that terribly D: that'd be excessive

Ok maybe I should've worded that differently :( I wouldn't necessarily beat them that terribly D: that'd be excessive
Well that's good to hear at least! XD

I have indeed. I'm a white guy, and I have absolutely been dedcriminated against because I am white. I'm not just talking about the ironic and saddeningly common racism of being told that my thoughts and opinions on racism and race relations are irrelevant because I'm white, which Brovo already mentioned.

The big instance of discrimination that comes to mind for me is the time I worked at a long term care facility for people with severe brain injuries. The whole staff that worked there before I arrived was hispanic, mainly Mexican. I thought things were going just fine for the first couple weeks, but then I got a call from the owner of the place (she was sort of a family friend, and I got the job because she knew I was looking for work) asking me about a bunch of things I supposedly did wrong. That list included sleeping with on the job, refusing to move when someone was sweeping and mopping the floor, being lazy and not doing my share of cleaning, and being unnecessarily rough with the residents. I had done none of those things of course, and I was confused as to why people would lie about things like that. The owner lady believed me, and in the course of the conversation she let slip that this happened with every white person she hired.

I had figured the other people being cold and standoffish was just because I was a stranger and the new guy, but now I'm pretty sure it was just racism going down. I kept working there for another couple weeks before I stopped getting hours. The schedule was made by the facility manager, not the owner, and that lady was also Mexican and very close with the others who had been trying to get me in trouble or fired. Owner lady didn't do anything because causing shit over one new guy vs the whole regular crew would be bad business. I shrugged it off and kept on looking for a new job, remaining technically employed while actually getting no work, until I got my current job.

So yeah, I was basically drummed out of a job because of my race. Pissed me off a lot at the time, but I've gotten over it now.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Why didn't you kick the other girl's ass? >:(

Because I am a weak pussy crybaby passive coward who doesn't have the emotional capability to defend herself in situations where people are aggressive towards me. .____.; I can hold my own ONLINE because no one on the internet can physically hurt me. >>;; But in person, if someone is screaming at me or trying to hit me I shut down in to auto pilot. Even now I still have a really really big problem with aggressive people in my space. So I am VERY critical of the kind of people I allow around me. @___@

Some people are born to fight and defend! And I was not. ;__; I am the squishy dumb damsel that people have to take care of.

Because I am a weak pussy crybaby passive coward who doesn't have the emotional capability to defend herself in situations where people are aggressive towards me. .____.; I can hold my own ONLINE because no one on the internet can physically hurt me. >>;; But in person, if someone is screaming at me or trying to hit me I shut down in to auto pilot. Even now I still have a really really big problem with aggressive people in my space. So I am VERY critical of the kind of people I allow around me. @___@

Some people are born to fight and defend! And I was not. ;__; I am the squishy dumb damsel that people have to take care of.
I wouldn't say your are any of those things. Seems to me that you're just of a non violent personality. Physical confrontation is never easy to deal with, particularly if you're the one who is suddenly being placed at the focus of someone else's anger or intention. Besides, you've got strength of intellect and character. Seems like you've got two strengths that actually matter :)

and no I wouldn't be in jail because it would be self defense.
The issue with this claim is proving it. If they're willing to gang up on you and attack you, they'll be willing to lie bold faced in court too. The best you might get is that all accusations will be dropped. At which point, that gang that beats you? Is gonna come back for you, with a painful vengeance the likes of which will probably hospitalize you if not outright kill you.

Violence is not the solution to every problem. There are some things in life you just gotta grit your teeth for and bare it, whether you like it or not, unless you're ready to live with the consequences of your actions... No matter how justified they may be.

EDIT

For example: If I was assaulted by a pretty looking woman who attempts to slit my throat, and actually beat her down in self-defense, I'd probably be the one to go to jail should there be no evidence to the contrary. Then again, even when a woman was caught attempting to slit an officer's throat on camera, she was released free of charges.

So you know. Life's a bitch. :ferret:

• Thank You
The issue with this claim is proving it. If they're willing to gang up on you and attack you, they'll be willing to lie bold faced in court too. The best you might get is that all accusations will be dropped. At which point, that gang that beats you? Is gonna come back for you, with a painful vengeance the likes of which will probably hospitalize you if not outright kill you.

Violence is not the solution to every problem. There are some things in life you just gotta grit your teeth for and bare it, whether you like it or not, unless you're ready to live with the consequences of your actions... No matter how justified they may be.

EDIT

For example: If I was assaulted by a pretty looking woman who attempts to slit my throat, and actually beat her down in self-defense, I'd probably be the one to go to jail should there be no evidence to the contrary. Then again, even when a woman was caught attempting to slit an officer's throat on camera, she was released free of charges.

So you know. Life's a bitch. :ferret:

I'm willing to take that risk. I don't take anything sitting down. I was bullied and picked on in school and when I stood up for myself and started swinging and kicking, people didn't bother me anymore. As far as I'm concerned, if you do NOTHING to defend yourself, then people will get the message that they can do anything they want to you. I'm willing to deal with whatever consequences come with my actions. I know life is a bitch and to counter it, you have to be a bigger bitch. Also if the gang attempted to come after me again, I'd purchase a gun and show them I'm not joking around. Violence may not be the answer to every solution but it's a damn good one for some. I'm not gritting my teeth and dealing with anything if I can defend against it.

Because this is real life, not a movie.

Your point? The only way to deal with bullies is to face them head-on. I believe in self-defense and hitting back if you're being physically assaulted or threatened.

Ooh ooh my turn! Well, I'll talk about some things my family does as well.

My family has a funny saying of "follow the white man" that I was brought up with when I went to school. They also don't seem to like blacks much, but I've heard plenty of stories about a bunch of unrelated incidents happening to my family from blacks as well, so I can see why a lot of them feel that way. Actually, my family is just racist in general when it's not about a friend.

On to things I've felt, nothing different from what happens to Gonzo in the fact I also get strange looks when going into buildings. A few times people have literally crossed the street to not go past me, but I tend to have a real mean scowl on my face when I'm thinking to myself or listening to my chinese cartoon songs on the streets, so I don't blame them.

Being non-violent is understandable and all but it seems like you have low self-confidence which is never good :( I was like you when I was a kid and a pre-teen. I couldn't handle people yelling at me or being aggressive towards me. But I gained self-confidence thanks to my amazing friends and some of my family members and now I pretty much always hold my own now. I'm not super aggressive or anything like that. I'm actually pretty quiet and laid-back in person. But when something goes down with me or my friends, I'm ready to defend myself. You can be non-violent but at the same time defend yourself if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.