Insightful Quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LogicfromLogic

Original poster
Whether it's your quote or somebody else's, most everyone has one they look to for guidance. Some come up with them in a bid to offer wisdom to to others.

What are some of your best quotes?
What are some of your favourite quotes?

My Quote
I don't have to answer to anybody but one in my life. You do not answer to me, I do not answer to you.
The real question is who is it that we all have to answer to? Ourselves. Is the person you went to bed as the person you want to rise as, if not, how should you go about changing that? That's a choice you've got to make.

My favourite Quote
"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

I used a similiar quote to this for my senior quote. :)

14099919_1083149331765685_1904483657_n.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
There's this speech my high school chorus teacher gave us years ago and I'll never forget it. It was this big thing about how we needed to give our best effort in class and not half-ass it because "someone is having the best day of their lives today and you owe it to them to give your all" . I know he was just talking about not slacking in our singing but it really stayed with me.

• "If you ever want someone to love you, be someone worth loving."
  • "The only shame in loss is in refusing to learn from it."
  • "The friends who kick you while you're down, are not your friends."
  • "Don't pursue your dreams, make what is achievable into your dreams."
  • "We are endowed with logic and reason to temper our imaginations. A person who abandons self restraint and rationality for emotional outbursts and gambling is ultimately doomed to a life of pain."
  • "Life is a cycle of losing what you have and building anew. The point of it is so you can improve and make your next attempt all the better for it."
What are some of your favourite quotes?
  • "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." -Bertrand Russell.
  • "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." -William Shakespeare.
  • "Be the best fucking person you can be so that you can surpass me." -My Dad. :ferret:

-Practice doesn't make it perfect, but it does make it better.
-Patience is a virtue you have to cultivate.

Two things I say a lot to the girls I'm around.

-Forgive, but don't forget.
My mom says this all the time.

"Raspberries are for eating, not for blowing."

~Me to several kids.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Eleanor Roosevelt.

I think I post this one up every time. c_c Because it's true. People can talk shit about you all they want. YOU decide how you feel about it and how you handle it.

• Love
Reactions: Brovo
I don't really have any quotes that are often used... These I'd say are more like personal thoughts at most.

• He who originates as a good person yet never tries to do good is truly never a good person. He who originates as a bad person, yet always tried to do good is in turn a great person.
  • When you are incapable in overlooking small flaws in other's ideologies, you are a fool and thus deserve no friends, for no one shares the exact same beliefs 100%.
  • When you look at the color of one's skin, what is between one's legs or the sex of who they love, then you're the racist, the sexist and the like. Judge only the character that they have.
  • Don't go to a for-profit college. They overcharge you, they're not worth your money and if something happens the credits are likely impossible to transfer. Community colleges or 4 year state colleges are the way to go.
  • You will never be able to please everyone, and you'll never be who they want you to be. Be who you are, and be who you wish to be.
  • All dreams are achievable, but you need to work for them and you need to start off with the reachable and then go up from there. Never expect your dreams to be accomplished without the effort.
What are some of your favorite* quotes?
Art of War ~ Sun Tzu
  • "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles."
  • "Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."
  • "The greatest victory is that which requires no battle."
Tao Te Ching ~ Lea Tzu
  • "Heaven and Earth are impartial; they see the ten-thousand things as they are. The wise are impartial; they see the people as they are."
  • "Accept disgrace willingly. Accept misfortune as the human condition.
    What do you mean 'Accept disgrace willingly'? Accept being unimportant. Do not be concerned with loss or gain. This is called 'Accepting disgrace willingly'.
    What do you mean 'Accept misfortune as the human condition'? Misfortune comes from having a body. Without the body, how could there be misfortune?
    Surrender yourself humbly, then you can be trusted to care for all things. Love the world as your own self, then you can truly care for all things."
  • "The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth."
  • "Knowing others is wisdom;
    knowing the self is enlightenment.
    Mastering others requires force;
    mastering the self needs strength."
  • "(Therefore) the wise avoid extremes, excesses and complacency"
  • "Do you have the patience to wait until your mud settles and the water is clear?"
(Skip to 0:52)

"Imagine a king who fights his own battles. Wouldn't that be a sight?" ~ Achilles, Movie: Troy

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Brovo
Status
Not open for further replies.